Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixle
Aug 15, 2004
Not quite sure I follow you there
Oh man, the number of replies made me think somehow Miura had gone crazy and released three new chapters this weekend or something. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Run you jerk with an EYE FOR QUALITY you! Run!
Nap Ghost

Miura posted:

Well you see it actually just takes me like 2 weeks to write a chapter, so I've been stockpiling them for the last 3 years and since I just finished the last one I'll just release the final 32 volumes all at once.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

RipVTide posted:

Holy gently caress! :dance:

Goes without saying you need to post where you read this. Like right now.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
He didn't say when he's releasing them. :rolleye:

I'd like to see what would happen if Alternate Universe Miura was diagnosed as having like three months to live.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

The Bow posted:

Holy gently caress! :dance:

Goes without saying you need to post where you read this. Like right now.

You're quite gullible, I think.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Zorak posted:

You're quite gullible, I think.

Just very impatient sometimes. :(

monco
Feb 23, 2001
Thanks for the tip, I'm going to stop reading the manga and go back to beginning.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Alright! I'm back in the Berserk game. I finished the anime AGES ago when it first came it and I've been meaning to since then, read the manga. It took only two weeks for me to read from start to finish (295), this manga is progressing so slowly. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. This is worse than waiting for Naruto anime (fillerrrrrrr) to come out (which I don't want for anymore, I just read the manga). Any reason for it being so slow?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

obi_ant posted:

Any reason for it being so slow?

You notice the intense detail he puts into each chapter?

That.

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man

Zorak posted:

You notice the intense detail he puts into each chapter?

That.

I think this question is answered on every page.

Like Zorak says, Miura does not release a chapter until he is fully convinced that it has no flaws and is prefectly drawn with miniscule detail.

Also, he doesnt have a whole team working for him doing his job. He draws it all himself as far as I know...

So if youre new to the manga, you'll learn to stop expecting chapters on a regular basis and instead become incredibly excited every time a chapter comes out, because you'll know it may very well be the only one released that year.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

maxxheadcheese posted:

Also, he doesnt have a whole team working for him doing his job. He draws it all himself as far as I know...

Oh... and I was going to chalk up Guts' ever growing jawline to an occasional change in assistants.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Retard Robocop posted:

Oh... and I was going to chalk up Guts' ever growing jawline to an occasional change in assistants.

He does have Studio GAGA though they are just listed under "Staff"; Kentarou Miura is still the only one resposible for "Story & Art".

I would attribute a handful of weird panels in the last couple of volumes to assistants, but we may never know the extent of the staff's involvement in the actual drawing process. It is probably minimal.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
I don't believe i missed this earlier.

Goto had certainly been around the block.

Phil_asdf
Oct 9, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Retard Robocop posted:

Are you sure it's not that he's growing older? I think the artist made him a little different at the time when he joined the hawks, the time he left, the time he returned, and now. One of the reasons why I like this manga so much.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

Retard Robocop posted:

Maybe he's been using steroids and human growth hormone. How else can he swing that huge piece of steel around?

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body

Cowboy posted:

How else can he swing that huge piece of steel around?
He's loving Guts. That's how. :colbert:

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
eXCeSS bought me this account because I am a whiny BITCH!
I thought Donovan was loving Guts HI-YOOOOOOO

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
I finally caught up after having read this for about the last two weeks. This is unlike any manga I've ever read, I love how unique and metal it is.

Nortonius
Aug 20, 2007
Man, having finished the whole anime and all the tankobon/chapters up to 295 in the past couple weeks, I gotta say I got as much satisfaction out of reading this thread as I did the work itself. Probably just cause there's no more new Berserk atm.

Roderick looks EXACTLY like Bill Hader from the current cast of SNL, IMO. When chronologically (like last summer or what) did the character enter the series? Maybe current SNL just made its way to syndication in Japan when Miura created the character!

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Was rereading some old mangas and found this:

The world could do with more Berserk references.:black101:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
-EDIT: On second thought, nevermind.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 28, 2008

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Who What Now posted:

Hey, does anyone have a link to where I can read online or download this series from the beginning? I can't find it anywhere in this thread or from looking on my own.

You may want to reexamine what you're saying.

To answer your question it's highly recommended you get the translated volumes from Dark Horse. If you simply need a sampling of the series before making a commitment then you'll need to do some searching on your own.

Phil_asdf
Oct 9, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Even though dark horse owns the rights to the english versions, if they haven't published all the later volumes is it still considered illegal to download those?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Phil_asdf posted:

Even though dark horse owns the rights to the english versions, if they haven't published all the later volumes is it still considered illegal to download those?

Technically, yes, since they're the license holders. Anime in general is illegal to download for free unless it's made public domain. However, the forum (and the Japanese industry themselves) allow release of unreleased-in-the-west material.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I finally got around to reading the most recent chapter since it was just put up on one of them direct viewing no download websites, and man, that Kushan emperor is one hosed up guy.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
The preview for 296 is out. The emperor looks pissed. This should be a fun battle, but it'll probably take Miura another year to draw it all.

Gwynne
Oct 24, 2004
I'm a gnome

Jimmybob posted:

The preview for 296 is out. The emperor looks pissed. This should be a fun battle, but it'll probably take Miura another year to draw it all.

The first thing that popped into my head was "WOW, I wonder how long this will take?" and then I could not stop thinking about WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARMED TUBE MEN!

GentlemanLoser
Aug 22, 2007

IT WAS NANOMACHINES, I SWEAR, NANOMACHINES!
stupid plot theories go here -------->
I think it's literally been years since we've seen Puck in his normal form, kind of nice to see he wasn't stuck or whatever.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Come on, it's the 23rd, where's my Berserk for my bday? :)
Edit: Raw isIt's out.

Hung Yuri fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 23, 2008

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
Some group I've never heard of just released a translation. Seemed fine except for a few rough spots.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005

evilsake posted:

Some group I've never heard of just released a translation. Seemed fine except for a few rough spots.

Well here is a group we have heard of: Berserk​_296​_[FH].zip

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

The Bow posted:

Come on, it's the 23rd, where's my Berserk for my bday? :)
Edit: Raw isIt's out.

High Five, we both have a birthday in the same week and we get a new chapter of Berserk. It's a good 23rd birthday this year!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
And, unsurprisingly, the chapter ends on a full page of Griffith. Sigh. COME ON. At least we get some Guts and gang coverage thrown in there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm kind of masochistically hoping all of this buildup will result in Griffith doing nothing whatsoever.

That would be hilarious.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Prediction:

Griffith defeats the king.
Has backing of the pope and beating the "demon that will end the world"
Gets kingship.
Guts usurps king in a big epic battle.

Story over.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The Bow posted:

Prediction:

Griffith defeats the king.
Has backing of the pope and beating the "demon that will end the world"
Gets kingship.
Guts usurps king in a big epic battle.

Story over.

Too bad it's gonna take at least 5 years to do that. :v:

boz
Oct 16, 2005

SpazmasterX posted:

Too bad it's gonna take at least 5 years to do that. :v:

Haha, he could always pull a Stephen King Gunslinger, and put himself in the story. And make the ending suck, if you want it finished quick.

drat that's depressing.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
I'm not sure where the story is going, either. No matter how big the apostle, it isn't going to bother Griffith one bit. He's a loving Godhand. I can see this as a good plot device to build up his mass cult following. It seems that's already being done with this chapter. Maybe after this battle, everyone decides he's as hot as Jesus. Guts eventually becomes a universally hated outcast for trying to assassinate him, shunned by the public eye. Queue new group of friends saving him from a lifetime spent in a torture chamber. Irony, anyone?

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Or Gut's could just defeat Griffith and retire for a quiet (short probably) life with Caska... :( A happy ending to something in this series would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Cowboy posted:

Or Gut's could just defeat Griffith and retire for a quiet (short probably) life with Caska... :( A happy ending to something in this series would be nice.

There isn't enough pain, squinting, scowling, hatred, blood, nor death in your fairy tail ending :colbert: