Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cupcake Sparkle
Mar 22, 2007
Six gumdrops are purple and four are red. What percentage of the gumdrops are delicious?

Oncogene posted:

Neither do I and she was fired awhile back. They have some new singer now but I haven't listened to any of it yet so I don't know if she's any good or not.

Well, that's good to hear! I don't usually listen to a lot of metal, but every once in a while, I am strangely drawn to something! Hehe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.

HorseRotorvator posted:

Ha, I went through the same thing about 10 years ago with that song. It's called Spin Spin Sugar (Radio Edit) and it's not on any releases that I know of. I got it off Napster way back when.

That version is on the soundtrack for the movie The Girl Next Door.

elitebomber
Jul 5, 2004
Can anyone identify the song playing in the background of this vid?

http://www.break.com/index/did-you-know-dubai-and-our-gas.html

It's a guitar instrumental and I don't recognize it, so it's not by one of the mainstream guitar instrumentalists (vai, satriani, etc.)

I will paypal $10 to the first person to identify it. It's really driving me bonkers. If you identify it please pm me your paypal email or post it in a reply. Thanks!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

elitebomber posted:

Can anyone identify the song playing in the background of this vid?

http://www.break.com/index/did-you-know-dubai-and-our-gas.html

It's a guitar instrumental and I don't recognize it, so it's not by one of the mainstream guitar instrumentalists (vai, satriani, etc.)

I will paypal $10 to the first person to identify it. It's really driving me bonkers. If you identify it please pm me your paypal email or post it in a reply. Thanks!

No idea about the song, but christ Dubai is loving insane.

Guitar sounds pretty generic though, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just some random promo thing.

elitebomber
Jul 5, 2004

Shenadigins posted:

No idea about the song, but christ Dubai is loving insane.

Guitar sounds pretty generic though, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just some random promo thing.

I'm worried it was written by some nobody and recorded in his basement. It sounds very melodic and it's stuck in my head. I'm hoping finding the name of this song will lead me to similar songs by the same artist and hopefully sheet music of some sort so I can learn this song. It's not that complicated, but I dont have enough patience/skill to learn this by ear.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

I went to see Cobra Starship a few nights ago (which was awesome, by the way) and they had a great selection of tracks playing before they came on stage. I wish I could remember more of them, but two that stood out were a hip-hop track that sampled the synth from 'Satisfaction' by Benny Benassi, and a remix of 'Crank Dat' by Soulja Boy which wasn't too different from the original, but featured a ridiculous amount of 808 bass and made me very happy.

Any ideas?

John Blaster
Aug 2, 2006

I can't fall asleep without thinking about killing people.
got it

John Blaster fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 28, 2008

pacheco
May 2, 2005

Always bet on Duke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ycjY3Yu-NQ

Would anyone know the gladiator/opera/choir song that starts at 0:54? I've looked through all 2500 comments, and all of them are wrong. Any help would be appreciated!

I know it's not the following, even though some say it is in the comments:

Fugees - Ready or Not
Mozart - Greensleeves
JayZ (lol) or 50Cent
Enya - Boadicea/Sleepwalkers Paradise

pacheco fucked around with this message at 09:34 on May 27, 2008

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

pacheco posted:

Would anyone know the gladiator/opera/choir song that starts at 0:54? I've looked through all 2500 comments, and all of them are wrong. Any help would be appreciated!

Fugees - Ready or Not
Mozart - Greensleeves
JayZ (lol) or 50Cent

Sounds kind of like the beginning to O Fortuna, but I'm pretty sure it's not. It's something pretty similar though, and it might be a part of it that they just don't usually use in films/commercials/etc. I hope that helps, but probably not.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

VolumeOverTalent posted:

I went to see Cobra Starship a few nights ago (which was awesome, by the way) and they had a great selection of tracks playing before they came on stage. I wish I could remember more of them, but two that stood out were a hip-hop track that sampled the synth from 'Satisfaction' by Benny Benassi, and a remix of 'Crank Dat' by Soulja Boy which wasn't too different from the original, but featured a ridiculous amount of 808 bass and made me very happy.

Any ideas?

Ludacris - Ultimate Satisfaction (feat. Field Mob) is probably the first one, but there's a ridiculous amount of "Crank That" samples, so good luck on the other one

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Ludacris - Ultimate Satisfaction (feat. Field Mob) is probably the first one, but there's a ridiculous amount of "Crank That" samples, so good luck on the other one

The Ludacris one was the only decent one that my searching uncovered, but it wasn't that. The sample is much more prominent, as opposed to in the background like that one is. Thanks anyway.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

VolumeOverTalent posted:

The Ludacris one was the only decent one that my searching uncovered, but it wasn't that. The sample is much more prominent, as opposed to in the background like that one is. Thanks anyway.

ok, try Pitbull - Move, Shake, Drop

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Bingo, you are indeed on it: "Ruby - Leh Bedary Keda". So روبي is Egyptian, not Lebanese?

I suppose I had this general bias to assume that hot girls on ArabSat are Lebanese, though I eventually found out that the girl who does that "Aiwa" song (EDIT: Darine) is actually Egyptian also. (Edit: though I never found Darine that attractive).

For those unfamiliar with Middle Eastern music videos, do go and check some out.

While I have AWESOME GHOST here, do you happen to recall what video this would be:

-Male Arabic singer, has this "Groundhog Day"-esque video where he wakes up, gets killed at some point in the morning, then wakes up again. He goes about his life up to the point where he was previously killed, avoids his untimely death, and then gets killed anyway five minutes further. So each time he wakes up, he gets a little further through the day, but still gets killed. Ring any bells?
Lebanese girls are generally hot but not all hot girls are Lebanese lately. They still have a huge advantage though.
No idea on the second video though, sorry, do you remember anything from the actual song besides the video? I'll ask around, I'm sure someone will know what it is.

Joe Anglican
Mar 24, 2005

I've got a megaphone I've been saving for a special occasion.

pacheco posted:

Fugees - Ready or Not
Mozart - Greensleeves
JayZ (lol) or 50Cent

I haven't heard it but I'm experienced with classical choral music, particularly symphonic/large choral works. It's NOT from Carmina Burana (the full name of the piece "O Fortuna" comes from.)

The text starts out like a standard Requiem movement: "Dies Irae" meaning "wrath of god". But after a phrase or two it becomes apparent that the librettist never took a day of Latin classes in his life.

So, it's copycat crap (the heavy piano and rock drum set were also a giveaway). Don't look in the Classical section, you won't find it. Most likely culprit: bad video game music imitating Carmina Burana but using text picked at random from the Requiem Mass or else obtained using Babelfish.

If you want an actual "Dies Irae", you could do worse than Verdi's.

vvv Not "fake Latin", exactly. But it's the equivalent of: "Our Father, who art in heaven / and peace on earth towards men / O come let us adore him / let light perpetual shine upon them." Legit phrases strung together non-sensically.

Joe Anglican fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 28, 2008

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

pacheco posted:

My best guess is that it's an ERA song?
This one is more famous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKvaLJsdphI

arg: they all sound so similar. I don't know Latin (and it's apparently only fake latin?) so I can't transliterate well enough to pin down the lyrics. Good luck: http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/era/

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 28, 2008

Suitcase
Jul 9, 2005

by Peatpot
I posted this about five or six months ago and I'm giving it another shot:

If anyone find out the name of this song, I will reward you with :10bux:. I am not kidding. I've been looking for this song since I first heard it in the summer of 2005 on a local hip-hop radio station. The only part of the song that I remember clearly was the chorus that went like this:

"Hey Baybaaaaay (Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey)

I wanna do somethin' tonight

Hey Baybaaaaaaay ()"

The parts in the () are where a girl says something. The rapper kind of sounds like Notorious BIG, but im pretty sure it isn't him. The only other thing that I remember about the song is a part that sounded like Fatman Scoop saying

"Hit the walls, Hit the walls, Hit the walls"

The song itself doesn't have a normal hip-hop beat to it, as it kind of sounds like a mix between reggaeton, techno, and hip-hop, if that makes any sense.

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

Joe Anglican posted:

So, it's copycat crap (the heavy piano and rock drum set were also a giveaway). Don't look in the Classical section, you won't find it. Most likely culprit: bad video game music imitating Carmina Burana but using text picked at random from the Requiem Mass or else obtained using Babelfish.

Could also be from one of the glut of symphonic metal bands, as that's exactly the sort of thing the put in as intros/interludes on their albums. Doesn't ring any specific bells, though.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Joe Anglican posted:

vvv Not "fake Latin", exactly. But it's the equivalent of: "Our Father, who art in heaven / and peace on earth towards men / O come let us adore him / let light perpetual shine upon them." Legit phrases strung together non-sensically.

Swhat their fan site says: http://www.era.rootnode.net/
Not exactly link.

pacheco
May 2, 2005

Always bet on Duke.
I found something similar to that Mike Tyson song, not it but close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn4x972cOhs

Thanks for trying guys! :) ($5 paypal if someone actually finds it.)

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

ok, try Pitbull - Move, Shake, Drop

Awesome, I think it might have been this one. Thanks.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Alright this should be an easier one -

A relatively famous disco/funk tune, wicked bass line, chorus is sort of like
"when there's something in the air, nah nah nah nah nah nah nair, just give me the (mic?)", with the last part said much quicker than the first two.

Hope that's not too vague.

edit - those are more than likely not the actual lyrics, that's just what it sounds like. Starts pretty high for the first part, drops down a bit for the second, then the last part quickly rises again. I want to listen to it right now so don't dilly dally.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 29, 2008

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
What is the name of the song that plays when Halle Berry and Warren Beatty dance at that club in "Bulworth?"

Chop Licker
Apr 25, 2005

by mons al-madeen

YeahTubaMike posted:

What is the name of the song that plays when Halle Berry and Warren Beatty dance at that club in "Bulworth?"

I'm 80% sure that's where they placed Ghetto Superstar, which was an original song for the soundtrack and a single by Pras ft. ODB and Mya, and I'm pretty sure Warren Beatty only wrote, produced, starred in and directed that movie so he could hook up with Halle Berry.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Chop Licker posted:

I'm 80% sure that's where they placed Ghetto Superstar, which was an original song for the soundtrack and a single by Pras ft. ODB and Mya,

I know what Ghetto Superstar sounds like and I don't think that's it. It was a typical fast-paced 90s hiphop/dance song. Think of the scene where Halle Berry and her friends take Warren Beatty to that club in DA HOOD. I think it's also the part of the movie where you see Halle's brother for the first time being all overprotective and such.

quote:

and I'm pretty sure Warren Beatty only wrote, produced, starred in and directed that movie so he could hook up with Halle Berry.[/quote

I'm pretty sure you're right. It was painful to watch at times.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

YeahTubaMike posted:

I know what Ghetto Superstar sounds like and I don't think that's it. It was a typical fast-paced 90s hiphop/dance song. Think of the scene where Halle Berry and her friends take Warren Beatty to that club in DA HOOD. I think it's also the part of the movie where you see Halle's brother for the first time being all overprotective and such.

don't remember the exact scene but i am pretty sure that the song was "joints n' jams" by the pre-fergie black eyed peas

PvtJoker
Jan 3, 2005
Anyone know what the name of the song is that plays starting at 0:19 in this piece from today's All Things Considered: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90893167 (click "listen now" at the top)

I recognize the tune from somewhere, but this is a steel drum cover. My sister thought maybe it was from the begining of Beauty and the Beast, but I don't think that's it.

Help. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

PvtJoker posted:

Anyone know what the name of the song is that plays starting at 0:19 in this piece from today's All Things Considered: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90893167 (click "listen now" at the top)

I recognize the tune from somewhere, but this is a steel drum cover. My sister thought maybe it was from the begining of Beauty and the Beast, but I don't think that's it.

Help. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.
It sounds like the aquarium song from Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Seans.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Sometime in 2001 my friend found a song mislabeled as being by the band Vast titled Walkabout. Years later when trying to find the same song and doing some reseach I figured out it was no way in hell actually by Vast, as they are some goth-metal-industrial band or something where as this was a light peppy rock/pop song similar say a Barenaked Ladies song.

The only thing we clearly remember from it was a fairly fast paced ska-ish beat and the chorus which was:

"What's upstairs? Nothings there. What's upstairs? Nothing squared. *incomprehesible jibberish* You better walkabout."

I'd mostly like to know the actual band, as I think I would enjoy them. Google searching the lyrics get's me nothing, and I know it's not a whole lot to go on, but I would appreciate it if someone could help me find out what I'm actually looking for.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 30, 2008

Fpenguin
Jul 7, 2006
75% potassium nitrate, 15% charcoal, 10% sulfur
can someone please tell me what song is playing in this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrZr-QZbfxo

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

Fpenguin posted:

can someone please tell me what song is playing in this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrZr-QZbfxo

Sigur Ros' "Saeglopur".

Fpenguin
Jul 7, 2006
75% potassium nitrate, 15% charcoal, 10% sulfur

chachu posted:

Sigur Ros' "Saeglopur".

thanks a bunch

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Zushio posted:

Sometime in 2001 my friend found a song mislabeled as being by the band Vast titled Walkabout. Years later when trying to find the same song and doing some reseach I figured out it was no way in hell actually by Vast, as they are some goth-metal-industrial band or something where as this was a light peppy rock/pop song similar say a Barenaked Ladies song.

The only thing we clearly remember from it was a fairly fast paced ska-ish beat and the chorus which was:

"What's upstairs? Nothings there. What's upstairs? Nothing squared. *incomprehesible jibberish* You better walkabout."

I'd mostly like to know the actual band, as I think I would enjoy them. Google searching the lyrics get's me nothing, and I know it's not a whole lot to go on, but I would appreciate it if someone could help me find out what I'm actually looking for.

The song is by DDT. It is indeed called "Walkabout" and until now, I thought I was the only person that ever heard it on the radio. It's catchy as hell. :)

Chop Licker
Apr 25, 2005

by mons al-madeen

YeahTubaMike posted:

The scene where they just dance together, alone? Try "Bounce to the Beat" by Klubbshakers or C+C Music Factory, those are the lyrics of the hook and none of the other lyrics came up on Google. They do play like 5 different songs through the length of that club scene, though.

PvtJoker
Jan 3, 2005

Spider Crusoe posted:

It sounds like the aquarium song from Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Seans.

Thanks! It was screwing me up not hearing the piano runs - thought it was something else.

crudnugget
Nov 14, 2000

*sigh*

kedom posted:

I heard some song from a mixtape by lil wayne or something late on the radio a few nights ago. The only thing I can remember about it is that it had some guy in the background saying "swagga swagga swagga" or something. Lil Wayne also rhymes "drop set" with "glock set." This is probably not enough information, but I really liked this song and really want to hear it again.
Could you be thinking of "A Milli"? I heard this yesterday on my local radio station and was wondering what it was called, and I just logged onto their website where they have an IM thing and they responded to my question pretty quick.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s4_Dei5srfM

Cave Painting of Dongs
Aug 25, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I'm looking for a song I heard on the radio a few days ago. It was sort of a rap song. It had a guy with a gruff voice singing "I'm going to tell your mom" or "I'm going to tell on you" something like that. Then it had the kids responding with "Go ahead tell on us".
The song went through 3 or 4 things the kids did wrong to the stepdad.

I hope this is enough to figure out what it was.

tektronic
Jul 9, 2001
I'm looking for a reggae song I found in a single mp3 edited in with a bunch of other reggae, it's not even the whole song. This is a retarded attempt at transcribing it, but it's something like-

Ba na nai Ba na nai Ba na na na na naaaiii Ba na na naii

wit de order of distinction an de governor general
me uncle DJ wit de random woman
we went to competition in de skateland
wit de lryics in me mouth an de mic in me hand

it goes on and he does the ba na na naiii thing a bunch more times and says a lot about the USA and going back to Jamaica or something, its hard to understand.

Please, seriously someone please help me, it's a good song sure but really this has just become a ridiculous obsession, I've been looking all over the internet and at this point I can't quit. I've never contributed to this thread and I didn't want to poo poo on it by being a leech at first, but the rest of the internet has failed me.

It sounds fairly old-style, its not club poo poo. It was in a bix mix mp3 with a lot of Rita Marley, Musical Youth, Bob Marley (duh), Yellowman, and a few other artists I haven't identified yet.

tektronic fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 31, 2008

tektronic
Jul 9, 2001
Found it, for anyone curious it was Boom Wah Dis by Burro Banton

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Is this a real reggae song?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU6QvwhZbJo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tektronic