Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ape Agitator posted:

This is Disturbing Behavior.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0134619/
Haha yes! Thank you. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I think it's a documentary but recently I heard mention of a movie detailing hollywood and/or Los Angeles sex parties, I want to say it's the "classy" Eyes Wide Shut style affairs but I could never find the title. Should be this year though

DoubleAughtMeowMix
May 3, 2006

B33 < Meow what is so funny
My parents were watching a movie when I was younger, no later than '95, and a couple things are all I remember. It's a fantasy movie with the main character being a guy with a dog. Occurrences I recall happening are: His village slaughtered and burned, his dog shot with an arrow, and a dwarf trying to run off with some item of importance, being caught by one of several tall leathery, mouthless creatures that open their fronts like a cloak and devours the dwarf before giving the guy the item and telling him something.

This movie has been bugging me for years now, any help would be appreciated.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Solo-wing Pixy posted:

This movie has been bugging me for years now, any help would be appreciated.

Seems a lot like Beastmaster.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0083630/
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U0z_WFRFdYw (you might catch a glimpse of the bat people at 1:08 and 1:48 to jog your memory)

Alan Smithee posted:

I think it's a documentary but recently I heard mention of a movie detailing hollywood and/or Los Angeles sex parties, I want to say it's the "classy" Eyes Wide Shut style affairs but I could never find the title. Should be this year though
Are you sure you're not thinking of the setup for that lovely movie Deception?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cz8LnuSOA3E

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 27, 2008

DoubleAughtMeowMix
May 3, 2006

B33 < Meow what is so funny

Ape Agitator posted:

Seems a lot like Beastmaster.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0083630/
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U0z_WFRFdYw (you might catch a glimpse of the bat people at 1:08 and 1:48 to jog your memory)

Yep, that would be it, thanks!

Footy
Mar 17, 2007
I remember watching a movie about 6-7 years ago, that I'm trying to find again. It's about some guy who plays a videogame, where he has to plan the perfect murder and execute it without getting caught. Of course, it's revealed that the murders are in fact real.

I think the movie was made for tv and it could have been british, but I'm not entirely sure about that. Hopefully someone can remember it!

Edit: Think I found it myself... Killer Net was the title.

Footy fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 27, 2008

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

This one has been bugging me for a loooong time...

This movie is old, maybe from the 60's or 70's.
It's about a chess robot/machine created by some evil chess mastermind that allegedly is "unbeatable".

My memory is very vague, but I remember that the chess robot is somehow "fed" the brains/memory/consciousness of other famous chess players that are abducted and killed by the evil chess mastermind.

In one scene near the end of the movie this secret is revealed when the chess robot, during the checkmate move at the end of a game, grabs and moves the final piece in a scissor-like motion between his index and middle finger, a trademark move of one of the famous chess players that has gone missing and who has been "fed" to the robot before the tournament.

Granted, this sounds like a lovely movie, but I remember seeing it as a kid and I can't for the life of me recall the name.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ape Agitator posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of the setup for that lovely movie Deception?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cz8LnuSOA3E

My impression was that it came out already, and that it was a documentary. Course I'm vague on details myself

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I *just* saw a youtube clip of this movie on SA somewhere but didn't mark it, and can't find it anywhere.

Kungfu movie where two guys face off. Good guy gets his arm sliced and reties severed muscles with his teeth after poking out the other one's eyeball. The bad guy commits seppuku... but wait, it doesn't end there.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Pweller posted:

I *just* saw a youtube clip of this movie on SA somewhere but didn't mark it, and can't find it anywhere.

Kungfu movie where two guys face off. Good guy gets his arm sliced and reties severed muscles with his teeth after poking out the other one's eyeball. The bad guy commits seppuku... but wait, it doesn't end there.

Undoubtedly The Story of Riki/Riki-Oh.
Edit: It is awesome, even beyond the clips.
V V V V

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 27, 2008

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Ape Agitator posted:

Undoubtedly The Story of Riki/Riki-Oh.

Yesss. The youtube clips make this look so amazing.

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->
I haven't seen it, but rather it's a trailer of an upcoming movie that I can't remember the name of. I saw it a few weeks, or a few months ago, and googling 2008 release dates hasn't helped.

Anyway, it was a trailer, I think (not sure) it aired before The Forbidden Kingdom in theaters. It's a horror film of a family who buy a house in some secluded area with no neighbors. Then some group of guys without masks come in, take them hostage, etc., for no particular reason, other than just to gently caress with them. It looked really crazy, like a Clockwork Orange style crime, and it looked really intense.

I think the leader of the group had blond hair and white gloves, if I'm not mistaken, and liked to laugh a lot.

I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, and browsing titles in the 2008 release dates hasn't come up with anything. Anybody else see this trailer and remember the name?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Anunnaki posted:

I haven't seen it, but rather it's a trailer of an upcoming movie that I can't remember the name of. I saw it a few weeks, or a few months ago, and googling 2008 release dates hasn't helped.

Anyway, it was a trailer, I think (not sure) it aired before The Forbidden Kingdom in theaters. It's a horror film of a family who buy a house in some secluded area with no neighbors. Then some group of guys without masks come in, take them hostage, etc., for no particular reason, other than just to gently caress with them. It looked really crazy, like a Clockwork Orange style crime, and it looked really intense.

I think the leader of the group had blond hair and white gloves, if I'm not mistaken, and liked to laugh a lot.

I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, and browsing titles in the 2008 release dates hasn't come up with anything. Anybody else see this trailer and remember the name?

The Strangers

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Anunnaki posted:

It's NOT The Strangers - that involves people with masks.

it's the american remake of Funny Games
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808279/

Thoreau Like A Girl fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 30, 2008

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Venialblur posted:

Oops, I thought he said WITH masks, not without.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

FitFortDanga posted:

Oops, I thought he said WITH masks, not without.

hehe understandable mixup since The Strangers is just a lovely knock-off of Funny Games.

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->

Venialblur posted:

Ah, yes, that's it! Wow, it was released in March? I was way off.

Some Cool Guy
May 14, 2007

by angerbotSD
Dammit, earlier today I saw the trailer for what may be the weirdest, most awesome film ever. Only I can barely remember anything about it, save for a fantasy world with tons of colors and anachronisms, and a guy in a pinstriped suit with a loving katana.

I thought I heard David Fincher's name in there somewhere, but I must have been wrong, becuase IMDB doesn't have anything like this under his name.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Some Cool Guy posted:

Dammit, earlier today I saw the trailer for what may be the weirdest, most awesome film ever. Only I can barely remember anything about it, save for a fantasy world with tons of colors and anachronisms, and a guy in a pinstriped suit with a loving katana.

I thought I heard David Fincher's name in there somewhere, but I must have been wrong, becuase IMDB doesn't have anything like this under his name.

The Fall, which I think is presented by Fincher. Rolls out tomorrow in my neck of the woods.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0460791/

Some Cool Guy
May 14, 2007

by angerbotSD
YES! Thank you!

Wait, 2006? What the hell took them so long?

Edit: Ah, it's a foreign film, that explains it. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD, since there's no chance in hell my theater will ger it.

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.
I saw part of this in Tokyo at around 2am on TV (thanks a lot, jet lag!) waaaay back in 2001, and it's so stupid that it's awesome. For some reason, it was apparently worth dubbing into Japanese, even though there wasn't a single Asian in the parts of the film I saw. Here's what I remember.

A dorky, down on his luck African-American teenage guy mopes through a few scenes, and takes some razzing and abuse from the neighborhood locals. He wanders into a hair salon, and after talking with the really swishy hairdresser dude, he's given some kind of secret magic hair gel. He takes it home and tries it out, and then goes through a Jeckyll & Hyde transformation into a powerful Jimi Hendrix styled guitar superhero, complete with a magic electric guitar, a huge afro and a really kickin' 60's outfit.

Naturally, he uses his powers for good, and fights crime. The first super villains he takes down are a pair of skinny, twitchy, oddly birdlike women with feathery outfits and pointy noses who fall helpless before his guitar's chords of pure justice.

I need this film in my collection. I need proof that I didn't just dream it.

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

"Size matters not. Look at my quarterback. Judge him by his size, do you? Hmm?"
I looked but couldn't find anything on these two. My girlfriend was asking me if I knew the names but I don't. I haven't seen them since I was like 5 or so so I don't have much to go on and neither does she.

Film 1:

A man and an alien crash land on a planet and hide out in a cave together. There is snow. The alien is a guy but has a baby. The man raises the baby alien. That's all I know :smith:

Film 2:

People have mouths on their stomachs and the mouths kiss.

I know that's not much to go on so if I don't get any answers then that's cool v:shobon:v

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

ThatOtherGuy posted:

Film 1:

A man and an alien crash land on a planet and hide out in a cave together. There is snow. The alien is a guy but has a baby. The man raises the baby alien. That's all I know :smith:

"Enemy Mine". Dennis Quaid as the human pilot and I think Lou Gossett Jr. as the alien. They were actually enemies in the earth vs. aliens war, but became comrades after being stranded on the planet.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ThatOtherGuy posted:

I looked but couldn't find anything on these two. My girlfriend was asking me if I knew the names but I don't. I haven't seen them since I was like 5 or so so I don't have much to go on and neither does she.

Film 2:

I know that's not much to go on so if I don't get any answers then that's cool v:shobon:v
How literal is that description?

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

I think they had mouths where the belly buttons were supposed to be to be exact =/

also what the hell

p.s. thanks Zwabu you're my new best friend.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

ThatOtherGuy posted:

Film 2:

The only movie I can think of that has belly button mouths is Class of Nuke 'Em High Part II.

The review on BadMovies.org has a picture of said mouth.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MachineryNoise posted:

The only movie I can think of that has belly button mouths is Class of Nuke 'Em High Part II.
Maybe Society? It might, but I haven't seen it for years....

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

Class of Nuke 'Em High II seems to be the one. You guys are awesome.

Milk-Eyed Mender
Mar 22, 2008

by Fragmaster
Hi this is film someone told me about and I want to see. It's about a girl stuck in a prison cell in some foreign country, she befriends the female prisoners, gets out eventually, etc. Anyone have any clues?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Milk-Eyed Mender posted:

Hi this is film someone told me about and I want to see. It's about a girl stuck in a prison cell in some foreign country, she befriends the female prisoners, gets out eventually, etc. Anyone have any clues?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120620/
Brokedown Palace with Claire Danes in a Thai prison?

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

Milk-Eyed Mender posted:

Could be Bangkok Hilton with Nicole Kidman: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096540/

Encryptic
May 3, 2007

ThatOtherGuy posted:

Film 2:

Edit: Never mind.

Joe Der Maus
Mar 19, 2007

mouseketeerous rex
I am pretty sure it is a movie, but it might be a segment of something like Masters of Horror. Its about a sheriff in a small town. An antiques dealer moves into town and when he sells something to someone it makes them change for the worst and eventually the entire town is at each others throats. I think it is revealed that the antique dealer is the devil or a demon.
Some details I remember:
There was a feud between the catholic and protestant church in the town. I think it was about bingo.
One of the objects he sold was a metal mechanical toy of either a baseball stadium or a horse race. The man who bought it became obsessed with it and fought with his wife about it.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Joe Der Maus posted:

I am pretty sure it is a movie, but it might be a segment of something like Masters of Horror. Its about a sheriff in a small town. An antiques dealer moves into town and when he sells something to someone it makes them change for the worst and eventually the entire town is at each others throats. I think it is revealed that the antique dealer is the devil or a demon.
Some details I remember:
There was a feud between the catholic and protestant church in the town. I think it was about bingo.
One of the objects he sold was a metal mechanical toy of either a baseball stadium or a horse race. The man who bought it became obsessed with it and fought with his wife about it.
Needful Things.

Joe Der Maus
Mar 19, 2007

mouseketeerous rex

Action Jacktion posted:

Needful Things.

Thats it. Thanks for the quick responce.

Optimus Prime Ribs
Jul 25, 2007

I for the life of me cannot remember the name of this movie.
I first saw it when I was in like grade 9 so it was probably made in the 90s.

It's about this big fat kid that gets picked on by a group of bullies. He eventually befriends a paraplegic whom he carries around on his back.
I distinctly remember a scene where the fat kid throws a manhole cover at the group of bullies.

I could have swore that it had "giant" in the title but IMDB seems to disagree.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

Diki posted:

It's about this big fat kid that gets picked on by a group of bullies. He eventually befriends a paraplegic whom he carries around on his back.
I distinctly remember a scene where the fat kid throws a manhole cover at the group of bullies.

The timing and description don't quite match, but for some reason your post reminds me of My Bodyguard.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0081207/

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Diki posted:

I for the life of me cannot remember the name of this movie.
I first saw it when I was in like grade 9 so it was probably made in the 90s.

I could have swore that it had "giant" in the title but IMDB seems to disagree.
Freak the Mighty.

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!
For some reason it's 3:42 AM and I am racking my brains trying to think of this movie.

It is fairly recent and (I think) had some famous actors in it.

It ends underground, in a sewer-like place, lit in yellows and blues. It's the yellows and blues I remember most. I believe three characters, all men, are involved, two good guys and one bad guy. (The bad guy MIGHT have been someone they trusted, considered a friend.)

The bad guy is torturing them, one at a time; good guy #1 has to wait while good guy #2 gets tortured first (think of the scene in Pulp Fiction where Bruce Willis waits his turn in the basement).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus Prime Ribs
Jul 25, 2007

LittleSunshine posted:

Freak the Mighty.

That's the one. Thanks!