Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Not a specific song but is there any kind of online rescourse for finding out songs used in commercials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Almost 1337 posted:

never heard that specific song but Busdriver's been around for ages

Is Busdriver a reggae group or just the video itself? I just want to know the song.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Three Red Lights posted:

Not a specific song but is there any kind of online rescourse for finding out songs used in commercials?

https://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk

Zushio
May 8, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

The song is by DDT. It is indeed called "Walkabout" and until now, I thought I was the only person that ever heard it on the radio. It's catchy as hell. :)

Thank you so much. I've been trying to figure this out for going on 3 years. I also managed to find the album it was on for $0.79 plus S&H, figured I might as well give it whirl for under 5 bucks.

tektronic
Jul 9, 2001
edit I'm loving stupid and that's not Bus Driver, that's Bus Rider

tektronic
Jul 9, 2001
ok I actually kind of liked that song so I did some googling (seriously I typed Bus Driver and GI Joe) that song is "In A De Bus" by Professor Nuts

5th of crown
Aug 5, 2007

by Fragmaster
Does anyone know their white supremacist Oi! punk around here?

http://somuchdamage.com/donut/default1.mp3
I laugh every time I hear this song, but I have no idea who does the song.

I find bigotry hilarious, I guess ¯\:shobon:

Fino Martini
Jan 24, 2006

I heard this rap song tonight that I'm trying to identify. It mentioned Nike Sb's, wearing stacked jeans, i think it had a line like "might get burned." It sounded like a bunch of rappers, and I think it featured lil wayne?

Hopefully someone knows what I mean.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

What song does the band play at the beginning of this clip?

crudnugget
Nov 14, 2000

*sigh*

Spider Crusoe posted:

What song does the band play at the beginning of this clip?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=53NrAbjvL_4

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

Until now I had no idea that Curtis Mayfield was sampling Kanye West from 36 years in the future when he recorded Move On Up, or that Paul Shaffer's band would cover a 2006 Kanye single in a clip from 2001.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

Yeah, the Curtis Mayfield one is what I was thinking of. I had heard it before elsewhere.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Almost 1337 posted:

ok I actually kind of liked that song so I did some googling (seriously I typed Bus Driver and GI Joe) that song is "In A De Bus" by Professor Nuts

That doesn't sound like it. Another google hit had a plausible set of lyrics:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071111112938AAaCUlf

Twisted Aristocrat
Feb 1, 2006

by Peatpot
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhFHsGAVN4

Anyone know what song is used in this clip? Or anything that sounds particularly similar to it?

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

horn_ posted:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhFHsGAVN4

Anyone know what song is used in this clip? Or anything that sounds particularly similar to it?

Nomeansno - Humans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyeloYOtt4U

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
A while ago people were posting favorite music videos on one of the forums here.

One of them was a strange psychadelic video and the music sounded kind of like the Dandy Warhols. I think the lyrics were something about living like rockstars. I know this is horrifically vague but I can't find the song or band on my own.

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's probably MGMT's "Time to Pretend", one of my favourite songs right now.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

chachu posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's probably MGMT's "Time to Pretend", one of my favourite songs right now.
That's it, thanks a ton.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Shenadigins posted:

Alright this should be an easier one -

A relatively famous disco/funk tune, wicked bass line, chorus is sort of like
"when there's something in the air, nah nah nah nah nah nah nair, just give me the (mic?)", with the last part said much quicker than the first two.

Hope that's not too vague.

edit - those are more than likely not the actual lyrics, that's just what it sounds like. Starts pretty high for the first part, drops down a bit for the second, then the last part quickly rises again. I want to listen to it right now so don't dilly dally.

I think re-posts are kind of frowned upon here cos if people know then the song then it gets answered, but honestly someone must know this. It kind of sounds like Lionel Ritchie's 'all night long', but a bit more disco. It's not an obscure song at all, and it's starting to affect my sanity. Anyone?

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Shenadigins posted:

I think re-posts are kind of frowned upon here cos if people know then the song then it gets answered, but honestly someone must know this. It kind of sounds like Lionel Ritchie's 'all night long', but a bit more disco. It's not an obscure song at all, and it's starting to affect my sanity. Anyone?

George Benson - "Give Me The Night"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw6wK3JrEAs

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Just made my week, thanks mate :)

(edit - Honestly, people should watch that video, guaranteed smile on your face.)

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 4, 2008

Dirp
May 16, 2007
Theres a song where it starts out kinda irishy (I think with a bagpipe i might be wrong) but then it gets all heavy and what not and pretty badass. I can't think of the name of it and its driving me crazy.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Dirp posted:

Theres a song where it starts out kinda irishy (I think with a bagpipe i might be wrong) but then it gets all heavy and what not and pretty badass. I can't think of the name of it and its driving me crazy.

Barroom Hero by Dropkick Murphys?

Dirp
May 16, 2007

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

Barroom Hero by Dropkick Murphys?

No that's not it. Its more like chant, I can remember it has really powerful drums too. It might be about pirates, gently caress this is driving me crazy.

edit: gently caress yes i found it. I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys thanks for pointing me in somewhat the right direction.

Dirp fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 4, 2008

Twisted Aristocrat
Feb 1, 2006

by Peatpot

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

Nomeansno - Humans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyeloYOtt4U

Thanks.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dirp posted:

Haha you should have just said the song at the beginning of The Departed that's pretty much what it's known as now

agonytuesday
Aug 24, 2007
whatever floats your boat
i was listening to WZLX (classic rock) and i heard some song that had the words "consider this" as part of it. i wrote it down because it sounded like it might be the title, but that wasnt it.
there has got to be some website that searched the lyrics, not just the titles.

has words "consider this"
is classic rock

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

agonytuesday posted:

i was listening to WZLX (classic rock) and i heard some song that had the words "consider this" as part of it. i wrote it down because it sounded like it might be the title, but that wasnt it.
there has got to be some website that searched the lyrics, not just the titles.

has words "consider this"
is classic rock

REM's Losing my Religion?

agonytuesday
Aug 24, 2007
whatever floats your boat
thanks ll ghoul j. you are a god.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Haha you should have just said the song at the beginning of The Departed that's pretty much what it's known as now

It was on the Simpsons the other night (in a Departed inspired episode), so I assume thats where he heard it.

Original Name
May 17, 2005
Creative?
I've heard this song only a handful of times, but some of the lyrics go something like:

You can't convince me
I won't believe it's true
. . .
I don't believe it's ever coming back

You can't accept me
There's nothing you can do

During the choruses there's someone going, "Ooh whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa." It sounds like it's underwater and drugged, if that makes sense. I first heard this song like a year and a half ago, and Google searching those phrases have brought up Avril Lavigne, Pink Floyd and the Beatles, and I know it's none of them.

It's a male singer in an indie band.

Edit: I found it. It's this guy Isograft on this album Desaturated Pictures of My Heart. Still don't know the name of the song, but I'm content.

Original Name fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 6, 2008

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I found it. Nevermind.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 7, 2008

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

There's a popular rock song with a main riff that sounds exactly like the riff of Steve Miller's Rock'n Me, but I can't remember the name of the song or the artist. Any ideas?

Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me (I'm talking about the intro riff, up to 0:23)

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

From Earth posted:

There's a popular rock song with a main riff that sounds exactly like the riff of Steve Miller's Rock'n Me, but I can't remember the name of the song or the artist. Any ideas?

Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me (I'm talking about the intro riff, up to 0:23)

Free - All Right Now is the usual comparison

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Free - All Right Now is the usual comparison

That's the one, thanks.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Ok, heard a song on the local indie station about a month ago. It was a male singer with a deeper voice that reminded me a little bit of the dude from Deadboy and the Elephantmen and/or a teeny bit of Nick Cave (but not as much).

The only lyrics I sort of remember involve "moving to Los Angeles" or "gonna move out to Los Angeles" or something along those lines, but the guy pronounces it more like "Las Angelas" or "Las Ang-las."

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

scandoslav posted:

Ok, heard a song on the local indie station about a month ago. It was a male singer with a deeper voice that reminded me a little bit of the dude from Deadboy and the Elephantmen and/or a teeny bit of Nick Cave (but not as much).

The only lyrics I sort of remember involve "moving to Los Angeles" or "gonna move out to Los Angeles" or something along those lines, but the guy pronounces it more like "Las Angelas" or "Las Ang-las."

'Los Angeles' by X seems to fit your description.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

scandoslav posted:

nah this is definitely "Los Angeles" by frank black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDVgfnyHP0c

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
There's this dancehall/reggaeton song with a hook that goes Filipino, Filipino, Filipino, and ends with this sudden "lalalala" from female vocalists. Does anybody recognize the track?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

didi-mau
May 1, 2007
"He’d sell you for a muffin"
I'm trying to amass a collection of songs with clapping in them.

Heard a catchy pop/rock song in a pub last night. was probably an Australian band, it had clapping in it and the only lyrics I can recall are;

sweaty palms, I lose my calm
beneath the disco ball

not much to go on I know.