Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

:siren: parachute account found :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

teknicolor posted:

:siren: parachute account found :siren:

Dammit, I was just going to post that :argh:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
wait, whats a parachute account? :smith:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
What the hell are you guys talking about?

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Z3n posted:

Oh this should be entertaining.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

EDIT: Damnit, Double Post.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Dubs posted:

EDIT: Damnit, Double Post.

Aww, tek, I've missed you so much too. :blush:

You're right, I'm stupid enough to log out of one account, log in with another account, accidentally "double post" myself, and then say "EDIT: Damnit, Double Post."

You're the worst troll ever. If I was really going to use a dupe account, I'd feed myself obtuse questions that made me look like a genius, not waste my time empty quoting my own pictures. :v:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 4, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

FOOL!! Admit your defeat!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

FOOL!! Admit your defeat!

Quick! Feed me some obtuse questions!

VVV ahh, thank you. Fixed.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 4, 2008

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
oh z3n, those last few picture links in that post are all wrong.

EDIT: Double Defeat Post

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Well this is already boring.

I'd heard chatter about how awesome the helmet is... I was not disappointed.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

Z3n posted:

Aww, tek, I've missed you so much too. :blush:

You're right, I'm stupid enough to log out of one account, log in with another account, accidentally "double post" myself, and then say "EDIT: Damnit, Double Post."

You're the worst troll ever. If I was really going to use a dupe account, I'd feed myself obtuse questions that made me look like a genius, not waste my time empty quoting my own pictures. :v:

Well first of all, your original post had images ending in recorder001 and recorder002 ONLY. Dubs post after it had 003 and 004, posted at 4am. You didn't edit your post until noon today, replacing 001 and 002 with 003 and 004. Don't be an idiot z3n, and don't expect me not to call you out when you are.

p.s. I'm assuming it was an accident, you were signed in under the other browsing, when you noticed the mistake. It isn't a big deal, but just don't try to be a smart rear end about it.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Oh, i assumed everyone was joking, yeah, not a 2nd account, not even the same county. I noticed the links where wrong and just posted em, didn't think they needed an explanation really, i just really hate when people don't hotlink stuff and i hate to type stuff in.

Yeah, this denial could be fun and all, but IP's from different country's are hard to fake.

Not Tek either, damnit i need to post more :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

teknicolor posted:

Well first of all, your original post had images ending in recorder001 and recorder002 ONLY. Dubs post after it had 003 and 004, posted at 4am. You didn't edit your post until noon today, replacing 001 and 002 with 003 and 004. Don't be an idiot z3n, and don't expect me not to call you out when you are.

p.s. I'm assuming it was an accident, you were signed in under the other browsing, when you noticed the mistake. It isn't a big deal, but just don't try to be a smart rear end about it.

My god, you're totally loving nuts. I copied all 4 of the image links out of my photobucket account as "recorder001" last night, and renamed the 2nd one, but forgot to rename the last 2. I didn't even realize that they were wrong until he posted it a second ago, and so I changed them. I was wondering why he was quoting the last 2 lines of my post. I was asleep last night at 4am, haha.

So in conclusion, that's not my duplicate account (You think a dupe account of mine would only have 41 posts?).

And yes, there's no way our IPs are going to match because...we're not the same person. Thanks again for the catch, dub. :)

http://www.vimeo.com/1012110
More motorcycle video from my last day at BW.

VV not sure if it's awesome, but it's motorcycle stuff! VV

Z3n fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 4, 2008

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Yawn! Parachute account, not a parachute account. Who cares! Post awesome motorcycle poo poo or shut up!

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo
Fair enough, I'll admit I was wrong. V:)V

This isn't very awesome, but I'm wondering if someone can ID the car involved.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pqGaMpCGQo&feature=related

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I think he could have made it if he would have done an emergency swerve to the left part of his lane rather than trying to brake. It's that split second decision that makes all the difference.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

Spiffness posted:

I think he could have made it if he would have done an emergency swerve to the left part of his lane rather than trying to brake. It's that split second decision that makes all the difference.

Oh absolutely, he had ages to get out of the way. He must have been in lala land or something to not see that little car (which was almost out of his lane)

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
It looks like a Hindustan Ambassador.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

teknicolor posted:

Oh absolutely, he had ages to get out of the way. He must have been in lala land or something to not see that little car (which was almost out of his lane)

I think he was more saying if his instinct was to swerve not brake, he wouldn't have hit the car. Also in any other situation the instinct would probably screw you over.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

More or less. I like to think, had it been me, I would have swerved as a first resort. I've been in a similar situation before and it worked out thanks to some quick maneuvering. On the flip side, its easy to go 'oh he coulda' but if it had happened to me there is just as good a chance I could have been momentarily distracted by something, checking my mirror, sneezing, god knows what.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Probably some target fixation in there... locked his vision on the car and couldn't make his brain turn the bike. You can see him lock the front brake up at the last second.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
That guy must've been daydreaming, if he had been looking ahead he should have known to slowdown for a car going across 2 lanes? Maybe i'm just an overly defensive rider.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Sepist posted:

Maybe i'm just an overly defensive rider.

I don't think thats possible.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
While we're still talking about the "slow car" video, the thing that pisses me off the most about that is watching those people at the bus stop see this dude get flung off his bike, and not loving one of them seems to care. The one guy in the white shirt walking closest to him just keeps his hands in his pockets and turns around to pace away. Christ.

This reminds me of that time in high-school there was an accident between two cars at an intersection, and five cars with other students in them drove right on by the accident after witnessing it. Not one of them cared to stop, they just drove around the accident and drove off to school. I was the first loving guy to stop and check to see if they were alright.

What the gently caress is with people?

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
When I had my accident so many people stopped that they started shoeing them away.

I think they just wanted to see me die though.

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

Ripoff posted:

They might not have an hour to spare waiting around for cops and filling out reports. It's a whole loving lot easier not to get involved these days.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Ripoff posted:

People are assholes only thinking of themselves. Hartford Man Hit by Car and No one Helps

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

bung posted:

People are assholes only thinking of themselves. Hartford Man Hit by Car and No one Helps

Wow, what the gently caress. No one even walked up to him to see if he was breathing. :(

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

ail posted:

They might not have an hour to spare waiting around for cops and filling out reports. It's a whole loving lot easier not to get involved these days.

If I ever consider an hour of my time to be more important than someone else's life, I would have some very hosed up priorities.

I'm hoping that all the people who watch accidents happen and ignore them have the favor returned to them or someone close to them. If it takes their wife/husband/children/family dying from sheer ignorance from other people to teach them the lesson, so be it.

That said, BEEFY BIKE:

I want to make my Nighthawk look like that, unless I find another bike first. :)

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Ripoff posted:

While we're still talking about the "slow car" video, the thing that pisses me off the most about that is watching those people at the bus stop see this dude get flung off his bike, and not loving one of them seems to care. The one guy in the white shirt walking closest to him just keeps his hands in his pockets and turns around to pace away. Christ.

This reminds me of that time in high-school there was an accident between two cars at an intersection, and five cars with other students in them drove right on by the accident after witnessing it. Not one of them cared to stop, they just drove around the accident and drove off to school. I was the first loving guy to stop and check to see if they were alright.

It actually goes to social psychology. Because a group of strangers all witnessed the same event, they all assume that someone will help the person in need. Also because it is outside a norm to witness such event they will carry on with what they know, which is walking down the street and ignoring. You're quite lucky if you get hit by a car and then immediately someone stops to help as they think differently from the group. Most people just don't get involved because they think someone else will.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

cheese eats mouse posted:

It actually goes to social psychology. Because a group of strangers all witnessed the same event, they all assume that someone will help the person in need. Also because it is outside a norm to witness such event they will carry on with what they know, which is walking down the street and ignoring. You're quite lucky if you get hit by a car and then immediately someone stops to help as they think differently from the group. Most people just don't get involved because they think someone else will.

I remember reading that in a psychology class, they glanced over it but the thing actually has a name. Essentially as you said the group assumes that someone else will do something, and although I know it's a part of people's psychological "wiring", it's still terribly disgusting and horrible of them to just walk by.

Still, to me there's no excuse for this behavior. I feel it's the same thing as our brains being wired to reproduce - psychologically, I want to have sex with lots of attractive girls. Doesn't mean it's socially responsible though, especially because those girls would be having my babies and there's no feasible way for me to assist in bringing the kids up. Just because you want to doesn't mean you should. And yes, I understand that there are guys out there who specifically do that. They too need to be dragged behind a truck.

Anuv
Apr 4, 2008

by Fragmaster
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4702885

Dunno if someone already posted it

Is he wearing a real half helmet? It looks pretty small/thin for a bowl. Amusing video regardless.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Anuv posted:

Is he wearing a real half helmet? It looks pretty small/thin for a bowl. Amusing video regardless.

That is an OLD video. :v:

Ripoff, it's called the bystander effect, or the kitty genovese effect, after the famous case in 1964 where a woman was stabbed to death but all 38 people who noticed didn't call the police.

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

All the cool kids are watching FIM. Why aren't you?

Anuv posted:

its fake they sell those at shops here and it comes with free "DOT approved" stickers that the place suggests "can be put anywhere"
**Photo Content**

after my interceptor 500 came home like this

I turned it into this when I was bored

Also here is how I took my GSXR750 home, I will miss that minivan

SaucyPants fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 8, 2008

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

^^^ You may want to resize that big one.

The Valk's nearly finished! A friend repainted the saddlebag for me! :woop:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
The gsxr in the minivan pic is awesome!

Doc: Sweet ride, holy poo poo that thing looks comfy. 800 mile days? No problem.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Doctor Zero posted:

^^^ You may want to resize that big one.

The Valk's nearly finished! A friend repainted the saddlebag for me! :woop:

This is easily the coolest looking cruiser i've ever seen :hellyeah:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

SaucyPants, bikes in minivan...can i get a :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

SaucyPants posted:

its fake they sell those at shops here and it comes with free "DOT approved" stickers that the place suggests "can be put anywhere"
**Photo Content**

after my interceptor 500 came home like this

oh noooooo :(

quote:

I turned it into this when I was bored

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(