Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANGRY VIRGIN GAMER
Jul 5, 2007

by The Finn

Grand Fromage posted:

Pilot's almost boring--I want to know what's up with the 43 year old who thinks dating a 17 year old is a good idea. Though I guess the "banging a 17 year old" part probably covers it.

Wasn't there an almost identical caller once, where she was 18 or so and was dating a 40 year old guy who met her in a parking lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B B
Dec 1, 2005

jvsclapius posted:

Sept. 29, 2003 has the best Lightning Round. I think it's the first Lightning Round in the new studio, and Adam goes all out. I was nearly crying.

Holy poo poo. This is the most intense lightning round I have ever heard from Adam. Drew's even losing it.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

ANGRY VIRGIN GAMER posted:

Wasn't there an almost identical caller once, where she was 18 or so and was dating a 40 year old guy who met her in a parking lot?

Brian Posehn and Patton Oswalt on 2001-06-14. JUST finished listening to it, completely coincidentally.

ANGRY VIRGIN GAMER
Jul 5, 2007

by The Finn

Alexandr posted:

Brian Posehn and Patton Oswalt on 2001-06-14. JUST finished listening to it, completely coincidentally.

Was that the one with SHMACKEY SHMACKEY or was that a different Oswalt-Posehn one? And was it the same as the "SO MY BOYFRIEND WAS FINGER-BANGING ME..."?

I always get them mixed up.

pilot
Jan 28, 2005

Garbage day is a very dangerous day.
You guys are all pretty much right. BUT I have dated my age before. I just find that age doesn't really... affect my view of someone. The only time when it would bother me is if the guy's age has seriously affected the way he looks. I mean, I can handle crow's feet or a few gray hairs, but there IS a limit.

And to be honest, I don't really know what he was thinking, dating a 17 year old. I have an excuse; he was my rockstar idol (lead singer/writer/everything of my favorite band). I don't know what his excuse was.

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Grand Fromage posted:

Here's a partial list I found:

*To walk on stage and have someone remove a cape from me

Thanks to DWtS thats a check.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
f

The Extrapolator fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 30, 2016

Dr. Who
Aug 21, 2007

by Ozma
I finally clicked on this thread, and I remembered how much I loved this show. Like many, this show was a staple of growing up in SoCal.
A few years ago, I saw Adam at P.F. Changs in RapeBank, but didn't want to bother him.

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004

pilot posted:

You guys are all pretty much right. BUT I have dated my age before. I just find that age doesn't really... affect my view of someone. The only time when it would bother me is if the guy's age has seriously affected the way he looks. I mean, I can handle crow's feet or a few gray hairs, but there IS a limit.

And to be honest, I don't really know what he was thinking, dating a 17 year old. I have an excuse; he was my rockstar idol (lead singer/writer/everything of my favorite band). I don't know what his excuse was.

MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T CARE ABOUT AGE YOU WOULDN'T DATE ALL THESE OLD GUYS? YOUR DENIAL DISGUSTS ME! :ssj:

Saerdna fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 3, 2008

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You guys are forgetting the number 1 question? Where's your dad?
And #2? Who abused you?

ANGRY VIRGIN GAMER
Jul 5, 2007

by The Finn

Phone posted:

And #2? Who abused you?

elwood posted:

Uhhm, where's Daddy?

I'm gonna go with the abuse prediction.

She should call back so she can get an earfull of Stryker.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Abuse? Pffff. Abandonment all the way. And really, pilot, his justification for dating you is he gets some 17-19 year old tail.

How many of your current boyfriend's friends has he introduced you to? Is/has he ever been married?

She should call back so she can get an earfull of Stryker.

I think of all the women who have never gotten their molestation issues treated because they don't listen to Loveline because of Stryker.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 4, 2008

pilot
Jan 28, 2005

Phone posted:

And #2? Who abused you?

My dad wasn't around a lot for most of my life and he's continued to stay out of my love life. There's your explanation for my younger escapades.

No one has abused me. Or will. If someone fucks with me, they're out. I'm not just some idiot girl.

UltraRed posted:

How many of your current boyfriend's friends has he introduced you to? Is/has he ever been married?

Well, as of now he's not my boyfriend anymore since he turned out to be way too immature and ridiculous. I couldn't handle it. He was married happily and faithfully for 10 years to someone his age until his wife turned out to be a lesbian. I've met all of his friends and coworkers and they all gave him poo poo about it.

You guys seem to be real good at generalizing.

pilot fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 4, 2008

Two Random Words
Feb 5, 2008

most of the time this text is unreadable

pilot posted:

You admit to dating older men because your dad wasn't around and then blame other people of generalizations.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

A lot of amateur Drew's coming out the woodwork in this thread.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

pilot posted:

Well, as of now he's not my boyfriend anymore since he turned out to be way too immature and ridiculous.
What a 39 year old man dating a 19 year old girl turns out to be immature blow me down :aaaaa:

pilot posted:

He was married happily and faithfully for 10 years to someone his age until his wife turned out to be a lesbian.
You're a lesbian.
You a mormon?
You coke whore.
Ah, the world is your oyster. I mean because that's all the world is.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.

Eunabomber posted:

*To walk on stage and have someone remove a cape from me

Thanks to DWtS thats a check.

Also from 3/19/2001 he said he wanted to fake his own death only to kill himself 20 minutes later.

ANGRY VIRGIN GAMER
Jul 5, 2007

by The Finn

The Pantheon posted:

You're a lesbian.

Drew, please.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Rushmore posted:

I'll reupload the file. I have the full one
Did this ever get uploaded? Based on the full page of people going crazy about it I must hear it.

PaisleyOrangutan
May 26, 2008

by The Finn

pilot posted:

Did I not just explain the polar bear theory like a page or two ago?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

UltraRed posted:

I think of all the women who have never gotten their molestation issues treated because they don't listen to Loveline because of Stryker.

This is definitely true because it tends to be the nutty abused ones that have Adam Carolla written all over their shoes

pilot
Jan 28, 2005

Two Random Words posted:

You admit to dating older men because your dad wasn't around and then blame other people of generalizations.

First of all, that was kind of a joke because I assumed someone else would say it so I figured I might as well say it first.

Second of all, I had a little lolita complex when I was younger because I didn't get a lot of warmth or praise coming from my parents. I turned to other people I considered wise because I wanted their approval. That whole thing's pretty much disappeared since then. Basically, I'm just saying you can't just assume. Everyone has their own story.

cassidy jones posted:

Did I not just explain the polar bear theory like a page or two ago?

If I enjoy being with them, they enjoy being with me, what is the problem?

If a hot, young, legal girl wanted to have sex with you, then would you, as a single guy, turn it down? If that girl turned out to be a little more mature than most girls her age, as well as had a developed sense of humor, why is it wrong to date her? If you click, you click.

There are almost always exceptions to the rule. Sure, there are creeps out there. But it's not like I'm out looking for the oldest, creepiest guy I can find. If I like someone, I like them. I don't care about the age.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

pilot posted:

First of all, that was kind of a joke because I assumed someone else would say it so I figured I might as well say it first.

Second of all, I had a little lolita complex when I was younger because I didn't get a lot of warmth or praise coming from my parents. I turned to other people I considered wise because I wanted their approval. That whole thing's pretty much disappeared since then. Basically, I'm just saying you can't just assume. Everyone has their own story.

If a hot, young, legal girl wanted to have sex with you, then would you, as a single guy, turn it down? If that girl turned out to be a little more mature than most girls her age, as well as had a developed sense of humor, why is it wrong to date her? If you click, you click.

There are almost always exceptions to the rule. Sure, there are creeps out there. But it's not like I'm out looking for the oldest, creepiest guy I can find. If I like someone, I like them. I don't care about the age.

I don't want to derail the thread anymore but your comments beg the question:
Why did you call in about it then?

I don't really see anything wrong with it but having that desire when you are that young seems off. I can understand gawking over someone who is a few years older, but double your age at 19 or so seems weird. Do as you will but when you call in to ask about it usually that is enough to say "I may be doing something for the wrong reasons and I may regret it in later life".

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Ribsauce posted:

Did this ever get uploaded? Based on the full page of people going crazy about it I must hear it.

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/2002/Loveline%20-%202002-03-25.mp3

Pledio
Jun 19, 2001

PIZZA VILLAIN
I can't remember which episode it was, but DAG started doing his cheers, and I absolutely lost it on a road trip between Aspen and Chicago.

The best one was "You think you hot, but we know you not, We Gonna Win it in the Parking Lot!"

He had a whole bunch more, but I can't remember any of them, holy cow.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
By the way Rushmore, as a new Loveline fan I must say your site is awesome (I assume this is your site). The writeups let me know which ones to get first. The Jeremy Mcgrath one probably would have been about number 120 on the list if I downloaded them on my own but it was incredible.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
from DAG's wikipedia page

quote:

Grier's last appearance on Loveline was April 16, 2006.[2] On his MySpace, Grier posted in a blog...
“ To all of my loyal fans. It pains me greatly to inform you all that I will probably never be heard on the radio show Loveline again. I have been informed of this sad fact by the one and only Dr. Drew Pinsky. I know not how or why this has happened, but we must ALL move on...

What is the story on this?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Managed to find this little bit at random like a sweet, sweet Easter egg: the 2001-05-17 show where Howie Mandel subs for Adam is the source of the flustered "You're a Lesbian" Drew drop.

pilot
Jan 28, 2005

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

I don't want to derail the thread anymore but your comments beg the question:
Why did you call in about it then?

I don't really see anything wrong with it but having that desire when you are that young seems off. I can understand gawking over someone who is a few years older, but double your age at 19 or so seems weird. Do as you will but when you call in to ask about it usually that is enough to say "I may be doing something for the wrong reasons and I may regret it in later life".

Okay, I'm done after this.

I called in because I had a HUGE crush on Seth MacFarlane and I needed to make up a good question. That was it.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

RitualConfuser posted:

My favorite loveline moment was when Adam was singing the NO CANNOT HAVE song over the System of a Down song. I was literally in tears after hearing it. The story/rant about the Lebanese (?) restaurant was hilarious by itself but the song put it over the top. Does anyone know exactly which show this was from?

:siren:NO CANNOT HAVE song:siren:

2002-3-25 and starts @ 46:20

I downloaded the episode randomly this afternoon and there it was. I think the funniest part though is at around 5:30, where Adam does an impression of Andy Griffith explaining football.
"And this one feller, well he got a number on his jersey..."

Scudworth fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 5, 2008

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

Sir Liquid Jerk posted:

What is the story on this?

I was thinking maybe it was Drew, but he really seemed to enjoy the shows with DAG. My money's on Stryker.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Peppermate posted:

I was thinking maybe it was Drew, but he really seemed to enjoy the shows with DAG. My money's on Stryker.

A couple months after Adam left, Drew spoke at my university. I asked him afterwards when they were going to hire DAG as the co-host, and he told me that he would love that but it wasn't going to happen--the suits in charge of Loveline decided they needed to target the show to a younger audience, so they were going for a young, preferably Latino co-host. I suspect they gave DAG the guest boot for the same reason, the kids can't relate.

Fortunately, he comes on the Adam Carolla Show regularly so gently caress 'em anyway.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Scudworth posted:

I downloaded the episode randomly this afternoon and there it was. I think the funniest part though is at around 5:30, where Adam does an impression of Andy Griffith explaining football.

I remember hearing the Andy Griffith football bit and laughing my rear end off, having heard that years before. Adam always rants about how no-one understands the references he makes, but I think it's just the callers being idiotic.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Ribsauce posted:

By the way Rushmore, as a new Loveline fan I must say your site is awesome (I assume this is your site). The writeups let me know which ones to get first. The Jeremy Mcgrath one probably would have been about number 120 on the list if I downloaded them on my own but it was incredible.

Thanks. Most of the writeups arent mine actually. There's a guy on the adam carolla show message boards who is reviewing them all.

There is still some functionality to be added to the site (search etc.) but I am lazy :)

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

pilot posted:

Okay, I'm done after this.

I called in because I had a HUGE crush on Seth MacFarlane and I needed to make up a good question. That was it.

Funny, originally that paragraph was just a sentence asking if you were just bullshitting to get on the radio/attention whoring but didn't want to sound like an "internet male".

Drive on, good luck with the acting career.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
Rushmore, could you add a link to the wiki on the main page of LovelineCentral?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

pilot posted:

This whole "a little bit more mature than most girls her age" rap is always misleading. These people usually just have some issues and being interested in much older guys is just one way that it manifests itself. They are never more "mature" than everyone else their age.

Enjoy yourself though. It doesn't have to be a "bad" thing. Just know that it has nothing to do with being very mature.

Judakel fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 5, 2008

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004

Judakel posted:

This whole "a little bit more mature than most girls her age" rap is always misleading. These people usually just have some issues and being interested in much older guys is just one way that it manifests itself. They are never more "mature" than everyone else their age.

Being mature means starting relationships that are sure to end disastrously and not learning :pseudo:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

pilot posted:

Basically, I'm just saying you can't just assume. Everyone has their own story.

What was there to assume? You had an absent father, and we assumed you subconciously sought out an older man that was a replacement for you father. Then you confirmed our suspicions by saying that's why you sought him out.

quote:

The older guy sees the hot, young, legal parts, as well as the fourth most important: willing to have sex with him. The whole maturity and sense of humor arguments are pretty moot, because those are NOT the reasons he would go out with a 19 year old.

Ten years from now you'll look back at your current ideas and realize how naive and immature they are. Then you'll think about the guys you dated, and realize that they saw you the same way, and decided you'd make a wonderful girlfriend. Then you'll know the reason why.

Well, probably not. You are a loveline caller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008

Scudworth posted:

Indeed. There were a few gems in that episode. We actually identified the episode a page or two back. Rushmore uploaded it to his site.

• Locked thread