Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

UltraRed posted:

The older guy sees the hot, young, legal parts, as well as the fourth most important: willing to have sex with him. The whole maturity and sense of humor arguments are pretty moot, because those are NOT the reasons he would go out with a 19 year old.

Depends on what the guy's doing, too. The 40 year old guy who just wants to nail a hot 19 year old, I get that one. The 40 year old guy who wants to date a 19 year old is trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

Depends on what the guy's doing, too. The 40 year old guy who just wants to nail a hot 19 year old, I get that one. The 40 year old guy who wants to date a 19 year old is trouble.
It's all in the context of a relationship. A one night stand for a 19 year old is one thing, developing a serious relationship with someone who's nutty is another.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
Fromage is right, remember how Adam always used to say something along the lines of: "fine, the 40 year old guy who's bonking the 19 year old I can understand his motives at least. but you're saying you two haven't done anything yet? now that's creepy."

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
Adam must be making GBS threads himself.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/08/anaheim-vegas-maglev-train-project-gets-45-million-infusion/

Now if they could just turn their attention to getting people to shake their rear end, he might actually be happy about something.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
He was spot on about the attack crows as well http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/261

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I highly recommend the 2001 episode with Seth Green. I am not a fan of Family Guy but Adam makes Seth his bitch in a hilarious way. At one point he gets him to recite a Bible verse as his character on the show.

Saerdna posted:

Being mature means starting relationships that are sure to end disastrously and not learning :pseudo:

I am going to assume you are adding your 2 cents and pointing out that most relationships between people with a drastic age difference end with people learning nothing from it. Repeating the cycle again and again.

Judakel fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 9, 2008

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
Stop fagging up the thread with this pilot poo poo.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
edit:

c0ldfuse posted:

Stop fagging up the thread with this pilot poo poo.

heh sorry

bigbowlowrong fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 9, 2008

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I'm listening to July 2001 recordings now while I'm at work. Over the course of June and July, Drew got it into his head that it'd be a great idea for people complaining of skin problems to send in a digital picture. He's asking kids to send in pictures of their inflamed genitals, and doesn't see a problem with it. It's funny how clinically detached he can be sometimes.

07-02-2001 is a good example. The callers are strange, Drew wants pictures of underage vagina, and a bogus call gets Drew to defend date rape.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What's the best way to get iTunes to automatically download and delete new eps of the Adam Carolla show?

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Phone posted:

What's the best way to get iTunes to automatically download and delete new eps of the Adam Carolla show?

I just subscribed to it.

I have to say, I'm loving TACS. I'm doing a lot of walking at the mo, so I like to have some Adam on while I stroll, but I must look a right idiot walking down the street grinning like a psychopath, or laughing.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

frankenbeans posted:

I just subscribed to it.

I have to say, I'm loving TACS. I'm doing a lot of walking at the mo, so I like to have some Adam on while I stroll, but I must look a right idiot walking down the street grinning like a psychopath, or laughing.

But doesn't it play the bits of the show out of order? That's the thing that is bugging me, they set it up retardedly.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Phone posted:

But doesn't it play the bits of the show out of order? That's the thing that is bugging me, they set it up retardedly.

Ugh, tell me about it. I think they are posting them up as they finish recording them, so they go up in chronological order. Sadly, the iPod will only play them sequentially back to front. So if you start on part 2 on 'How say you?', it will start playing part 1 after.

It's annoying, because it means loving around with my iPod after every track.

The only other option is to wait until the show is done, and then post all the files, in the reverse order. But as far as I can see, that would only benefit iPod users, and would also look wierd.

Or you could join them all together yourself, into a single file. I might try this tomorrow.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Is there some way to make iTunes automatically go to the next track for podcasts? When I'm listening to How Say you part 1 and it ends I have to manually minimize like 9 drat windows on my work computer (it sucks, the auto minimize crashes it and like 4 programs are in always on top mode) to get to part 2

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
There seems to be a ton of interest for a TACS archive starting from their beginning. Anyone who mentioned wanting one in this thread, feel free to PM me.

Dana Gould is starting to become my favourite TACS guest. Not only is he funny, but I now have a man-crush because he mentioned Husker Du and made a Bob Mould joke on one of the Music Monday bits.

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 10, 2008

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
Daryl I'd PM you but I don't have the PM superpowers.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

The Pantheon posted:

Daryl I'd PM you but I don't have the PM superpowers.

Whoops, didn't think about that, sorry. I just enabled my e-mail, so just go to my profile and e-mail me.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The Huell Howser bits with Dan Gould are always solid gold. Solid California's gold. :v:

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Daryl DBD posted:

Whoops, didn't think about that, sorry. I just enabled my e-mail, so just go to my profile and e-mail me.
Done! ;) Thanks.

Also - just heard Adam ranting on Tommy Vu on an episode where a fan sent in a Tommy Vu tape to the studio - October 1st, 2001 (Jimmy Eat World as guests) and it was HILARIOUS.

I forgot all about Tommy Vu, so I went to YouTube and there we have plenty of Tommy Vu videos.. but every single one of them I click that have anything to do with Tommy Vu himself are "not available".

WHAT THE HELL TOMMY VU!?

Is he trying to do some post-80s damage control? I need to see this man and his infomercials!!

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Phone posted:

There is an easy solution:

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=877&st=135&#entry20804

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?
Anybody listen to the June 4th, 2002 episode with the two vampiresses?

These girls are freakin insane! It's really funny how defensive they get about their vampiric tendencies, and you can hear the apathy dripping out of Adam's voice. I can't wait to hear 6/5/2002 to see if they talk about them and talk about how crazy they are, because seriously.

Seriously.

edit: 1:04:06 - They keep getting angrier and angrier at Adam and Drew, it's ridiculous. Hoo man, every second gets more heated.

KLOWWN
Nov 15, 2006

The 2nd Amendment gives Stephen Colbert the right to hunt squirrel with cruise missles.
I cant remember the number of the show but they got a call about someone asking about hives and everytime the caller or Adam and Drew mentioned hives Anderson would drop The Hives intro to Walk Idiot Walk that he sometimes played when coming back from a break. Sounds kinda poo poo reading about it but it was loving hilarious cause it went on for I think like 5-10 mins popping in and out and adam would eventually lose it everytime he heard it.

Also Adams metaphors are loving golden.

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

It's time to play Spot the Looney!

KLOWWN posted:

I cant remember the number of the show but they got a call about someone asking about hives and everytime the caller or Adam and Drew mentioned hives Anderson would drop The Hives intro to Walk Idiot Walk that he sometimes played when coming back from a break. Sounds kinda poo poo reading about it but it was loving hilarious cause it went on for I think like 5-10 mins popping in and out and adam would eventually lose it everytime he heard it.

Also Adams metaphors are loving golden.

I remember that, it was awesome :)
Downloading the vampiresses-episode now, should be interesting.

On that note, can anyone recommend a good (or the best) guest-free show?
There's a few people that's voiced interest in the show, and I'd like a nice show to introduce them to Loveline with. Preferably without too many over-the-top racist rants.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Holy poo poo those vampiresses are annoying. They're the worst people I've ever heard talk. Are they high or something? Jesus christ. I'm only 11 minutes in and I want to strangle them.

Edit: Glad I kept listening, Adam is starting to piss them off. How dares he disrespect their ridiculous near death stories!

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 11, 2008

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

It's time to play Spot the Looney!

Carthag posted:

Holy poo poo those vampiresses are annoying. They're the worst people I've ever heard talk. Are they high or something? Jesus christ. I'm only 11 minutes in and I want to strangle them.

Edit: Glad I kept listening, Adam is starting to piss them off. How dares he disrespect their ridiculous near death stories!

I like how Anderson starts getting pissed off too, though passive-aggressively. The "You're Insane!"-drop has never been more appropriate.

Reciprocator
Jun 26, 2002

You're not taking drugs are you? I only ask because there is a zero-tolerance policy on the island, and I wouldn't want you to have to punch yourself in the face.
Re: Adam Carolla Show Episodes

I am subscribed to the podcast via iTunes, which is fantastic for the newest content.

In order to get my hands on the older stuff, I've queued up Download Accelerator Plus to download all of the episodes available at http://www.971freefm.com/pages/1247.php

Does anyone have a good (easy) way to put these oddly named files in the proper order?

Reciprocator fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 11, 2008

Reciprocator
Jun 26, 2002

You're not taking drugs are you? I only ask because there is a zero-tolerance policy on the island, and I wouldn't want you to have to punch yourself in the face.

Grand Fromage posted:

A couple months after Adam left, Drew spoke at my university. I asked him afterwards when they were going to hire DAG as the co-host, and he told me that he would love that but it wasn't going to happen--the suits in charge of Loveline decided they needed to target the show to a younger audience, so they were going for a young, preferably Latino co-host.

Stryker's fake middle name might be Ramon, but given the fact that his real surname is Sandorf I'm going to guess he's actually Jewish.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Reciprocator posted:

Re: Adam Carolla Show Episodes

I am subscribed to the podcast via iTunes, which is fantastic for the newest content.

In order to get my hands on the older stuff, I've queued up Download Accelerator Plus to download all of the episodes available at http://www.971freefm.com/pages/1247.php

Does anyone have a good (easy) way to put these oddly named files in the proper order?

I'm gonna try this tomorrow.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The System of a Down guys are awesome guests. I listened to their shows today and they fit in perfectly. NO CANNOT HAVE

Reciprocator
Jun 26, 2002

frankenbeans posted:

I'm gonna try this tomorrow.

That works perfectly for the podcast in iTunes, I'm talking about all of the 111956.mp3 files on 971freefm which have no ID3 tags whatsoever.

OK, so I manually added www.971freefm.com/pages/podcast/43.rss to iTunes as a podcast and it can label each file it downloads by looking at the .rss file. Now I just need to find a way to create a smart playlist from both podcasts that avoids duplicates.

Reciprocator fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 12, 2008

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004
I just listened to the 2001-09-25 episode where Carmen Electra is a guest and they mention that the MMA fighter David "Tank" Abbot was a guest a few years (I think) earlier. Does anyone know if that episode is available anywhere? Apparently Drew was still intimidated by the memory.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
So what is it about me that makes me unable to stand TACS? I absolutely love the Adam and Drew dynamic, and love Drew's afternoon show, but Adam on his own is just not my cup of tea.

I'd cut off my left leg for Adam to go back where he belongs.

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster
Big fan of Loveline, have a shitload of shows on the iPod that I listen to mindlessly all day at work. Listening to 2003-03-11 - Paul Rodriguez right now. A decent show, Adam just got back from the dentist and is high or something.

As for TACS, I also have the KLS stream up on FireFox that I listen to every now and then, just because it's nice to hear Carolla ranting about something. But it's nowhere close to being Loveline. There's too much morning show about it. Instead of having a natural discussion like on Loveline, where Adam would break off into rants about whatever, there's a special segment just for Adam to rant about whatever, called "This Week in Rage." The news is much better than most morning shows, but they go on for what seems like the entire show at times. Teresa and Brian are really good though, I'll give them that. The show is much better than the first two years, that's for sure.

Also Adam has this miserable fake laugh now, where the gently caress did that come from?

The Drew and Anderson dynamic is missing badly.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Graham Wellington posted:

Instead of having a natural discussion like on Loveline, where Adam would break off into rants about whatever, there's a special segment just for Adam to rant about whatever, called "This Week in Rage."

You don't listen to it much, then. He does the exact same stuff he did on Loveline--This Week in Rage is just where he recaps five particular spontaneous rants from the previous week. And these days most of them are rants he went on off the air, which is great. Dunno what you mean about the news either, usually they barely get to half of it because Adam uses up the entire time on rants and tangents.

Graham Wellington posted:

Also Adam has this miserable fake laugh now, where the gently caress did that come from?

I would answer if I had any idea what you were talking about. Example?

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster
Yes he obviously rants all the time, but the point is that there IS something called "This Week in Rage" which is such a contrived idea.

His fake laugh is that "ha-ha-HAAAA" thing every time Teresa or Brian make a little joke. Never did it once on Loveline, now it's at least every 2-3 minutes.

And Teresa and Brian rarely disagree with Adam, and if they do, it's in a very polite, boring, kiss-assy way. The best moments of rage from Adam in the old days were when he got pissed at Anderson or Drew for not agreeing with him.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
TACS has just as much quick Adam humor and just as many rants as you'd expect, but he gets to talk to a broader audience. People over 29 were frequently either screened out or told to lie about their age when they called into Loveline. Now he can talk to more than just molested stoner teens.

Adam won't ever go back to Loveline, and I don't think he should. He's better when he's running the show, and Loveline had too many who-made-you-the-boss types for him to get anything done. Drew was his only ally.

The only thing I don't like about TACS is rear end Kiss Rodeo, but thankfully they haven't done that in months.

It's great when Drew calls in every once in a while, bringing back to life the guest that is the love the two hosts share for each other.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Ribsauce posted:

The System of a Down guys are awesome guests. I listened to their shows today and they fit in perfectly. NO CANNOT HAVE

When adam started singing NO CANNOT HAVE NO NO CANNOT HAVE over that soad song that was cracking me up :D

I grabbed the loveline torrent but it doesn't seem to have this episode in it. The stream said it was 2002-06-13 -- any ideas where I could get it? Does anyone have the very first episode of loveline with Adam?

(any other New Zealanders listen to loveline?)

edit: worlds dumbest poster... found the 2002/6/13 episode

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 13, 2008

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

When adam started singing NO CANNOT HAVE NO NO CANNOT HAVE over that soad song that was cracking me up :D

I grabbed the loveline torrent but it doesn't seem to have this episode in it. The stream said it was 2002-06-13 -- any ideas where I could get it? Does anyone have the very first episode of loveline with Adam?

edit: you found it!

This has the '02 show you're talking about and several early-Adam Lovelines, but not the first one.

I don't know how many listened to the show in the mid-to-late '90's, but Carolla was a much different host then. Relied more on quick, clever comments than rants, and in fact was usually hushed quickly when he had any sort of rant going. And Drew was much more cigar store indian than the last few years of the show.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
I really doubt a copy of Adams first loveline episode even exists. LL was really just a small local show before he came around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

edit: worlds dumbest poster... found the 2002/6/13 episode

The episode where he actually came up with the NO CANNOT HAVE song is 2002-03-25 which is on that same site. There's a discussion about it a page or two back.

• Locked thread