Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

While searching for 1200 Bandit info on the internet, I came across this man and his aptly named exhaust.

This actually gave me a jump when I looked at his eyes, which never happens to me. Weird.

See also: scary GBS threadsz lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Phat_Albert posted:

While searching for 1200 Bandit info on the internet, I came across this man and his aptly named exhaust.

This actually gave me a jump when I looked at his eyes, which never happens to me. Weird.

See also: scary GBS threadsz lol

What kind of bike is that? Is that a 1200 Bandit?

edit. After a quick search, I guess that is in fact, a 1200 Bandit.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 9, 2008

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

All the cool kids are watching FIM. Why aren't you?

ail posted:

oh noooooo :(

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

not as big of a loss as you might think. The front fairing was really really beat up and honestly I liked it in the end.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")
Apologies for the lovely, horrible cellcam quality, but I was following this guy through a small town on the way to visit my parents. He pulled in to a Wal-Mart, so I pulled in after him. I asked him some questions about the bike, but he was either pissed off or totally clueless because he just kept answering "I'm not sure, it's not mine. I'm just hauling it for a friend."

Anyway, anyone have any clues as to what this is?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DOOKIE ROPES YO posted:

I asked him some questions about the bike, but he was either pissed off or totally clueless because he just kept answering "I'm not sure, it's not mine. I'm just hauling it for a friend."

Or maybe he really wasnt sure, because the bike wasnt his and he was just hauling it for a friend?

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo
Beemer. Model: no idea, but it's definitely a beemer

edit: I didn't think anyone else did the sideways setup, guess it shows what I know :o:

teknicolor fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 10, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
not a beemer. an older ural or changjiang. beyond that i have no idea.
both of those are copies of a bmw, though.

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
Totally reckless driving, but so fun to watch.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3s04q_1007-montee-ospedale_auto

Badass on a Vespa.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2daPNH93oc

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
Looks like a Dnepr to me.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

not a beemer. an older ural or changjiang. beyond that i have no idea.
both of those are copies of a bmw, though.

It's probably the changjiang. I saw a couple for sale locally earlier this year and they aren't as old as they look. They're replicas of the older bikes.

dokuja
Jun 2, 2004

Doctor Zero posted:

It's probably the changjiang. I saw a couple for sale locally earlier this year and they aren't as old as they look. They're replicas of the older bikes.

You can buy a brand new Urals too, so I wouldn't discount that possibility. I think Ural, Dnepr and Changjiang all made a BMW clone.

Skier posted:

Looks like a Dnepr to me.

That's a clean Dnepr. A friend sells Dneprs; they look pretty neat.

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

All the cool kids are watching FIM. Why aren't you?
I would put my money on a Ural. last I hear they were the only sidecars available brand new still. I mean it could be an old BMW I am just saying its likely it is a Ural
Edit: ya nevermind I guess Dnepr motorcycles are available brand new I should read links before I post.

dokuja
Jun 2, 2004

SaucyPants posted:

Edit: ya nevermind I guess Dnepr motorcycles are available brand new I should read links before I post.

I don't know about the Chinese manufactured one, but you're probably right if it's brand new, it's probably a Ural. Dnepr was made by KMZ, which stopped manufacturing sometime around 2000.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Valfar posted:

Totally reckless driving, but so fun to watch.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3s04q_1007-montee-ospedale_auto

Badass on a Vespa.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2daPNH93oc

Is the guy on the Vespa sticking his foot out from a dirt habit or is there a point? Either way, he's awesome.

In Europe I see everyone driving their scooter like it's a motorized couch. Feet dangling inches from the pavement, cell phone in hand, sometimes sitting sideways and driving with one hand, and revving the engines to pretend to shift, even though the majority are automatics :psyduck:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
new urals have an earles fork and disc brakes.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Turbo Hayabusa crash

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/GIRL-CRASHES-TURBO_164652.htm

Yes, that's a girl riding it.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006
Was that her first time riding it or something, I think someone riding a turbo busa would kinda have the off the line stand up wheelies in there mind at all times, but especially at launch.

That vespa video made me want to buy a dirtbike for some reason.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Trintintin posted:

Was that her first time riding it or something, I think someone riding a turbo busa would kinda have the off the line stand up wheelies in there mind at all times, but especially at launch.

That vespa video made me want to buy a dirtbike for some reason.

Follow the link, it says she routinely runs 8s and built it herself. poo poo happens I guess

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
The comments on that video are depressing: it's 4 pages of HURR GIRLS CAN'T HANDLE POWER AM I RITE?

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo
God it's like she scooped out the seat altogether to be able to sit on it. :wtc:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ranathari posted:

The comments on that video are depressing: it's 4 pages of HURR GIRLS CAN'T HANDLE POWER AM I RITE?

To be fair, Streetfire is the shortbus of the internet. Its known for containing more retards per video than even youtube.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Bob Morales posted:

Yes, that's a girl riding it.
no wonder it crashed!

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

She used to live here and post on the local forums. Also used to ride the bike on the street. She moved a while back, the bike was in a very different form then.

Looks like she still has Michigan plates.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

French moto officer training

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

That is awesome and a half. I'll never say the French are wusses again.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

These aren't any more real than the pixels on your screen, but they sure are nice to look at.

C'mon new 2 strokes!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I would piss myself with joy if either of those were ever made.

spacepirate
Feb 7, 2005
Yarr mateys!
I would as well, I am starting to want a bike that has supersport characteristics but isnt really expensive.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
That naked bike looks great. I'd buy it.

And I love that classic paint scheme - it even looks good on the Vino 125.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
My god, a modern 2 stroke racebike? :fap:

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
God drat I wish those were real. Has a V4 2-stroke motorcycle ever been produced?
edit: I mean a production bike, a homologation special or something. GP bikes don't count.

Zool fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 12, 2008

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Zool posted:

God drat I wish those were real. Has a V4 2-stroke motorcycle ever been produced?
edit: I mean a production bike, a homologation special or something. GP bikes don't count.

Yamaha RD500 V4

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I love it when I see California Highway Patrol bikers with shorty shotguns upside down on the rear rack. I like to imagine them just reaching back and unloading at freeway speeds with one hand. :hellyeah:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
i can't believe they regard it as a likely or viable action to fire a gun from a moving motorcycle. that's nuts.

WTFBEES posted:

i want.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

Yet another lovely cellcam pic, my friend's '82 Shovelhead:

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

DOOKIE ROPES YO posted:

Yet another lovely cellcam pic, my friend's '82 Shovelhead:

Also it is now my life's goal to own an RD500 V4.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Zool posted:

RG500 Gammas were square-4's, but they're close, and they're animals.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=RG500&um=1&ie=UTF-8

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

I got her 2 weeks ago. My second bike. Best decision I ever made.

But I've never owned a Ducati before, and I'm wondering how true the lovely reliability rumors are.

Not that it really matters. I'm in love and will gladly either learn or pay to fix her, without a doubt.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I've never heard of anyone having reliability problems with a modern Ducati.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

bung posted:

I've never heard of anyone having reliability problems with a modern Ducati.

Glad to hear that. It was/is a concern of mine, but it's been so great that I'm starting to not care if it'll cost more to own.