Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Your loyal assistant Dr. Meowgon is all over this one.

Hurray, the end of the strip has a nice punchline and Elan isn't it! Everyone can be happy now.

Also, Vaarsuvius will eventually snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
New strip!

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Well that was a nice little gently caress you to everyone who's been waiting for some sign that the party will try to get back together anytime soon.

Augustus
Oct 10, 2004

God damn it.

Detetsu posted:

Also, Vaarsuvius will eventually snap.
You mean he hasn't, already?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Augustus posted:

You mean he hasn't, already?

She's definitely got some dark side veins going on.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Mylan posted:

Well that was a nice little gently caress you to everyone who's been waiting for some sign that the party will try to get back together anytime soon.

Those could be three completely different birds being roasted (Possibly, but probably not). In fact, the birds being released look a bit small to be the birds going to be roasted.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

We should start a pool along the lines of "The party will reunite in (x) strips."

I'm guessing 25.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
I'd like to think it'd be sooner.
Haley and Belkar are looking for V, Elan and Durkon. V, Elan and Durkon are looking for Haley and Belkar. Roy is waiting for them to find each other.
There's not much going on other than them reuniting, apart from Therkla; and I think her story is waiting for Haley or Nale to turn up.

Given they're still a long way apart, though, I'm going to guess 15.

...I might just be a wishful thinker.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

SlimGoodbody posted:

We should start a pool along the lines of "The party will reunite in (x) strips."

I'm guessing 25.

I call 87.

I'm looking forward to a bit with Haley and Belkar, they really haven't gotten much screen time since Roy died. There's just been that segment with them escaping - I think even Roy's gotten more airtime, and he's, y'know, dead.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

ZorbaTHut posted:

I think even Roy's gotten more airtime, and he's, y'know, dead.

Well, he can fly now.

Sorry.

I call an even 40 strips because I think it'll be soon but for better or worse the strip does take its time doing things these days.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I call it 37 strips, because Rich likes to do big plot segues on n-hundreth strips.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

IMJack posted:

I call it 37 strips, because Rich likes to do big plot segues on n-hundreth strips.

See, this is why I went with 87 - I don't really think they'll meet up in 37 strips, considering that none of them even know where the others are yet, and I also don't think he'll leave it for 137 strips. I'm not sure he's done major stuff on 50s though, so I might just have a bad number.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

team overhead smash posted:

Those could be three completely different birds being roasted (Possibly, but probably not). In fact, the birds being released look a bit small to be the birds going to be roasted.

The roasted birds are larger because the last panel is zoomed in. Plus, there's a blue feather beneath the arrow pile. Really, this strip would make no sense if was 3 other random birds.

Anyways, the point that Rich likes to do major transitions on multiples of 100 is valid, as he seems to keep the book lengths in mind. But, he also has a history of dragging some things on longer than are needed (Haley's cryptograms, for example). I'm gonna go with an even 50.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
I'm going with "never," because he is going to pull a webcomic Frank Herbert and die of his mystery malady before then.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

evilsake posted:

I'm going with "never," because he is going to pull a webcomic Frank Herbert and die of his mystery malady before then.

Does he have kids though? I mean who's going to go and ruin his work when he's gone?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Cog05 posted:

Does he have kids though? I mean who's going to go and ruin his work when he's gone?

Nah, he'll take the Charles Shultz approach and loop the comic in perpetuity after he passes.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

IMJack posted:

Nah, he'll take the Charles Shultz approach and loop the comic in perpetuity after he passes.

Ha, they could get to the gate, Xykon busts it and frees the Snarl, and the team manages to partially destroy it, which causes a rift in spacetime and starts the comic over.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

SlimGoodbody posted:

Ha, they could get to the gate, Xykon busts it and frees the Snarl, and the team manages to partially destroy it, which causes a rift in spacetime and starts the comic over.

In fourth edition!

Appalitch
Apr 25, 2007

NutShellBill posted:

In fourth edition!

Ugh, now this is just sounding like Red vs. Blue.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
:siren: New Strip Is Up :siren:

blah blah waffled for later.

Hotwire fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 12, 2008

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Did the floating mouth appear before now?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

Did the floating mouth appear before now?
That's the kobold Oracle's place.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

That's the kobold Oracle's place.

OOoooooooo. I was wondering what the hell was going on.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
This plot just took a turn for the awesome. I love the kobold oracle strips, and never thought he would make a return.

Soonmot posted:

OOoooooooo. I was wondering what the hell was going on.

You people are killing me!!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

You people are killing me!!

I totally forgot about the kobold oracle. I thought it was some sort of side effect from V's spell or something :3:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Cog05 posted:

Kevin J. Anderson, who else?

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

PepRally
Feb 2, 2006

Man, I don't even remember the Kobold Oracle!
Does anyone have a link to its appearances in earlier strips?

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

PepRally posted:

Man, I don't even remember the Kobold Oracle!
Does anyone have a link to its appearances in earlier strips?

Yeah I'd forgotten about him too. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0325.html

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I swear to god Rich is hosting this website on tin cans and string.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Wow, he actually finished the joke from the first time around.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

:siren: And we have another new strip! :siren:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0565.html

I'm glad to see the Red and Green guys show up again. As someone who HATED the lie/truth logic puzzles as a kid, seeing one get its rear end handed to it leaves me with a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :unsmith:

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

what the poo poo? He must be on holiday.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Huh. Predicting Belkar is gonna kill the Oracle this time. He was on the list of Belkar's "will I be responsible for the death of one of the following people:" prophecy (which was a yes). He wasn't responsible for Miko or her horse, and not for Roy's. Miko is unlikely to ever be coming back, and doubtful Roy will get killed again once he's been raised, as that would be a bit excessive from a narative point of view. V is still on the table, but so is the Oracle. Eliminating the Orcale convienently removes a plot crutch from future use.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Mylan posted:

Huh. Predicting Belkar is gonna kill the Oracle this time. He was on the list of Belkar's "will I be responsible for the death of one of the following people:" prophecy (which was a yes). He wasn't responsible for Miko or her horse, and not for Roy's. Miko is unlikely to ever be coming back, and doubtful Roy will get killed again once he's been raised, as that would be a bit excessive from a narative point of view. V is still on the table, but so is the Oracle. Eliminating the Orcale convienently removes a plot crutch from future use.

Problem is, you could say Belkar was responsible for Roy's death already since he gave him his jump ring to get to Xykon in the first place. I think that's a bit too far-fetched myself though.

Foodpie
Apr 20, 2006

And THAT is how you get rid of those hard to clean stains.

Mylan posted:

Already resolved. He gave Roy the Ring of Jumping that got him up onto Xykon's Dragon in the first place. Makes him resposible for his death.

Edit:
God damnit.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Mylan posted:

He wasn't responsible for Miko or her horse,

I am not sure about that, you could argue that he had driven her over the edge, and that she would not have blown up the gate and thus survived if she had remained sane. :shobon:

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Foodpie posted:

Already resolved. He gave Roy the Ring of Jumping that got him up onto Xykon's Dragon in the first place. Makes him resposible for his death.

Edit:
God damnit.

Seems to me that Belkar's question was phrased in a manner that could have him be responsible for the death of one of the people (plus horse) he asked about, or all of them, in a roundabout way.

Not really surprising... vague answers are more fun, anyway.

Shavnir
Apr 5, 2005

A MAN'S DREAM CAN NEVER DIE
Well at least he gets a second chance to ask. :v:

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Rich has been pretty good about attention to detail and callbacks before. Besides, the Oracle clearly understands the intent behind the questions, or he wouldn't have prodded Roy to rephrase his. Belkar clearly meant "Am I going to kill one of these people." If it turns out giving Roy the ring counts, that's a weak cop out. Ditto for antagonizing Miko to the point where she goes off and puts herself in a position that leads to her death.

I can see Belkar asking again, and the Oracle pointing to giving Roy the ring as fulfilling the prophecy, then Belkar decides that's lame and stabs the oracle, possibly before a critical answer is given to Haley. Maybe we'll see a return of the kobold hat :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PepRally
Feb 2, 2006

I'm sure the oracle would see that coming.