Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I love how this Caro guy is criticizing things he clearly doesn't understand. All psychological surveys have those repeated questions, that's how they work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

The Pantheon posted:

I LURVE you.

39 minutes.

Dr. Drew: Yeah well Zoloft will make it so you can't have orgasms.
Girl: But you know what I haven't taken Zoloft in like a year and a half.
Dr. Drew: Are you taking anything else?
Girl: No I drink alcohghol!??!

I'm pretty sure she's the "Why you gotta act so stupid like that?!" girl, too.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
She is.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Lusy posted:

Did anyone see this? Dr. Drew has an interview in next month's Playboy. In it he says:

Tom's lawyer released a statement to Page Six that reads

I can't wait to hear Drew or Adam address this on either of their shows.

The funny thing is that Drew is probably as well known as Tom Cruise among under 25 Americans. He is certainly better liked than Tom Cruise.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
TACS has been talking about it for a little while now.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The-Mole posted:

The funny thing is that Drew is probably as well known as Tom Cruise among under 25 Americans. He is certainly better liked than Tom Cruise.

I think that's a bit stretching it.

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.
Does anyone know the origin of the drops

"I was just tryin' to get some dick"

or the girl singing Kumbaya.

PaisleyOrangutan
May 26, 2008

by The Finn

UltraRed posted:

I think that's a bit stretching it.
Not quite, especially now since he's had two cable TV shows, been in an Olsen twins movie, and written two books all in addition to his radio career.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

cassidy jones posted:

Not quite, especially now since he's had two cable TV shows, been in an Olsen twins movie, and written two books all in addition to his radio career.

That definitely beats out being on the cover of every tabloid at the grocery store for the past 2 years and being an A-list movie actor celebrity.

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004

Absolut Mike posted:

Does anyone know the origin of the drops

"I was just tryin' to get some dick"

or the girl singing Kumbaya.

I think that was some hick girl who had massive intimacy issues who jumped out of a window, got wasted and tried to get gangbanged by three guys but ended up insulting their manhoods so severely that none of them could perform.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I was listening to the 9-1-03 with Seth Green on it. They played a drop of "I'm 5'12", not quite 6'." Does anyone know which episode this is from?

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Token Female posted:

I was listening to the 9-1-03 with Seth Green on it. They played a drop of "I'm 5'12", not quite 6'." Does anyone know which episode this is from?

A previous Seth Green episode, check the wiki for the specific one, but that's a good start!

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Alexandr posted:

A previous Seth Green episode, check the wiki for the specific one, but that's a good start!

Actually, im pretty sure that it was an Adam-only show.

I found the origin of the "ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa" girl laugh that sounds really mean. Its Sarah Silverman on the 2002-11-05 episode. Its within the first 15 minutes or so. When you hear it from Sarah in the episode, it sounds like a more fun laugh, but the drops make it sound more mean spirited and derisive :(

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

jvsclapius posted:

I'm pretty sure she's the "Why you gotta act so stupid like that?!" girl, too.

It is indeed, the whole call starts at about 37:10. This chick is up for the craziest-chick-ever-on-loveline award. She was a virgin till 18, and by 23 she had sex with ~120 people. She jumps from topic to topic at lightening speed and she swears on the radio. Christ.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Highest Cactus posted:

I found the origin of the "ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa" girl laugh that sounds really mean. Its Sarah Silverman on the 2002-11-05 episode. Its within the first 15 minutes or so. When you hear it from Sarah in the episode, it sounds like a more fun laugh, but the drops make it sound more mean spirited and derisive :(
I think Adam and Drew have discussed in the past that that laughing drop actually came from some playmate who was dating Gunnar Nelson or something like that. I don't think it's Sarah Silverman.

I think you're right, the 5'12" drop came from a Dr. Bruce episode I think. I can't narrow it down any further.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Highest Cactus posted:

That can't be right. I've listened to 1/01 - 9/02 in sequence over the last year, and heard that drop many times.

e: drat you Nemo!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nemo posted:

I think Adam and Drew have discussed in the past that that laughing drop actually came from some playmate who was dating Gunnar Nelson or something like that. I don't think it's Sarah Silverman.

I think you're right, the 5'12" drop came from a Dr. Bruce episode I think. I can't narrow it down any further.

It's in early 2002, and it might be the Adam only show. drat it people, contribute to the wiki so we don't have this problem.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Nemo posted:

Man, I listened to the laugh like a dozen times, I would have sworn under oath that she was the one that did it. Oh well, thats what I get for opening my mouth.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
I'm telling you guys, the 5'12, almost 6' caller was during a Seth Green episode, POSSIBLY one where it was only him and Adam, with Drew missing. And the annoying laugh girl, who also gave the 'You want a blowjob or do you want a girlfriend?' line was Caprice. I think.

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.
Wasn't the Seth Green episode about the height of a door frame that Adam was berating a (female) caller for not even being able to make a reasonable estimate of?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I love the 2001-12-20 episode where Drew farts and Adam just won't let it go and you can tell that Drew is quite embarrased. He tries to talk over Adam taunting him all the time.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

c0ldfuse posted:

Stop fagging up the thread with this pilot poo poo.

Take a hike if you don't like it. Discussing delusional callers is part of the thread.

Bender posted:

So what is it about me that makes me unable to stand TACS? I absolutely love the Adam and Drew dynamic, and love Drew's afternoon show, but Adam on his own is just not my cup of tea.

I'd cut off my left leg for Adam to go back where he belongs.

The reality is that some of Adam's views border on the retarded and having 4 hours of him is too much. Drew, instead of playing his stooge, balanced him out and brought him down to earth every now and then. The same could be said about Adam's effect on Drew.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Absolut Mike posted:

Wasn't the Seth Green episode about the height of a door frame that Adam was berating a (female) caller for not even being able to make a reasonable estimate of?

Aha, that's why I was so absolute in my belief of that. It's because they used that drop DURING said doorframe call. Good show, now back to the search for the source of the drop with ONE possibility out of the way!

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster
I remember listening to an old Amber Benson show and heard that cruel laugh from her, and I think Adam and Drew sorta got confused on the history there.

ducks punches
Jul 12, 2004

Phone posted:

It's in early 2002, and it might be the Adam only show. drat it people, contribute to the wiki so we don't have this problem.

Adam only show, January 6 2002. If I'm not mistaken.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

The-Mole posted:

Can you imagine how long and hard Adam would laugh if he read this?

Judakel posted:

The reality is that some of Adam's views border on the retarded and having 4 hours of him is too much. Drew, instead of playing his stooge, balanced him out and brought him down to earth every now and then. The same could be said about Adam's effect on Drew.

I think that's a pretty good way to look at it. If I listen to Adam for too long, I do start getting a little fed up with some of his opinions. I think I'm definitely a fan of Drew's more than Adam's.

Bender fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 16, 2008

DJJustice
Sep 7, 2006

UNTOPPSABLE

ducks punches posted:

Adam only show, January 6 2002. If I'm not mistaken.

That's correct, he's asking kids what they got for Christmas during the show too.

"An X-box? Sweeeet."

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Bender posted:

I think that's a pretty good way to look at it. If I listen to Adam for too long, I do start getting a little fed up with some of his opinions. I think I'm definitely a fan of Drew's more than Adam's.

You do have to just sort of ignore it and listen to the comedy at times. I groan every time he goes on a jag about how great torture is or anything related to the Middle East. It's those times when you see the difference between smart and educated, since usually people who have the first also have the second, and Adam's an exception.

If I were up early enough to call in I bet I could blow his mind with how friendly the Middle East was to us before the 70's, and especially before 1948. I don't think he has any clue how recent this stuff is. If he listened anyway.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Bender posted:

But Drew is so incredibly non-entertaining. Drew only sections of the show are hard to listen to, as he just bangs through caller after caller, dispenses advice and immediately moves on. He's an assembly line of good advice, but he's not funny. Really, it's the chemistry of both that works perfectly.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Graham Wellington posted:

I remember listening to an old Amber Benson show and heard that cruel laugh from her, and I think Adam and Drew sorta got confused on the history there.

Amber Benson's laugh was that of a crazy, energetic, virginal young 20-something. Seriously, she was nutty but in a fun way!

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

You do have to just sort of ignore it and listen to the comedy at times. I groan every time he goes on a jag about how great torture is or anything related to the Middle East. It's those times when you see the difference between smart and educated, since usually people who have the first also have the second, and Adam's an exception.

If I were up early enough to call in I bet I could blow his mind with how friendly the Middle East was to us before the 70's, and especially before 1948. I don't think he has any clue how recent this stuff is. If he listened anyway.

You really think so huh? Corolla is something of a history buff regardless of his education. Never mind that plenty of so called educated people can't even name the sides of World War II. Never mind history of the middle east.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

Aureus posted:

You really think so huh? Corolla is something of a history buff regardless of his education. Never mind that plenty of so called educated people can't even name the sides of World War II. Never mind history of the middle east.

Can you call someone a history buff if they don't read books? More like avid "History channel" watcher.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

j8910 posted:

Can you call someone a history buff if they don't read books? More like avid "History channel" watcher.
He'd read more books if he knew the name of that building they keep them in.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Aureus posted:

Judging by his statements, yes. He thinks Arabs hate everyone and are incapable of being dealt with rationally, they only respond to violence. I doubt he has any idea that places like Iran were once very popular American vacation destinations. I don't know what you're trying to prove here, since his own statements adequately demonstrate a significant lack of knowledge about the Middle East.

I don't want to drag the thread off topic, but there's not really an argument. He knows a lot more about World War 2 than the average person but that doesn't make him a Middle Eastern scholar.

FruMoogle
May 27, 2006

A cow don't make ham
Am I the only person who likes TACS just as much as Loveline? Especially now that Bonaduce is gone and Bald Bryan gets to talk more. He's great.

ps Grifter: It's called The Place Where They Hide The Books.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

FruMoogle posted:

Am I the only person who likes TACS just as much as Loveline? Especially now that Bonaduce is gone and Bald Bryan gets to talk more. He's great.

ps Grifter: It's called The Place Where They Hide The Books.

I like it as much or more. We may be the only ones though.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

does anyone have a list/torrent of the top 50 adam shows? I don't really have the bandwidth to download the entire 40 gig package.

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster

Grand Fromage posted:

Judging by his statements, yes. He thinks Arabs hate everyone and are incapable of being dealt with rationally, they only respond to violence. I doubt he has any idea that places like Iran were once very popular American vacation destinations. I don't know what you're trying to prove here, since his own statements adequately demonstrate a significant lack of knowledge about the Middle East.

I don't want to drag the thread off topic, but there's not really an argument. He knows a lot more about World War 2 than the average person but that doesn't make him a Middle Eastern scholar.
Not sure what you're referring to exactly, he speaks a lot more ill of Germany than the middle east, at least as far as casting wide judgment. He's definitely not a fan, but I've never heard him say the only respond to violence. He talks more about how they don't get along amongst themselves over there. But he's all for profiling.

Also you don't have to read a book to be a history buff.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
:aaaaa: I just heard the PSA with Graham Wellington.

So... how's your apartment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Hello, my name is Sanjay Kumar.

• Locked thread