Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Graham Wellington posted:

Just listened, it's a drop that Anderson throws in there. It's not Sarah.

I remember an episode where that drop was used and Adam started to talk to Drew about it. He started out with "You remember those two?". Apparently they were playmates who came in, were very obnoxious, and Adam asked them to leave at some point. One of them dated Charlie Sheen according to Drew.

Unfortunately they mentioned no names throughout this conversation. Another one of those conversations that just feels like Adam and Drew talking off-air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I could have sworn it was some woman from Survivor (who was promoting a Playboy shoot, I think). Jeri or something, maybe? I was listening to an episode from late-01 or mid-02 with her on it, and Anderson played it when some guy had a question about his penis size. She was horrified and reassured the guy that it wasn't her, at which point Adam informed her that it was her, from last time she had been on the show.

EDIT: http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202001-08-21%20(Guest%20-%20Jerri%20Manthey).mp3
That's the show where they tell her she's the source of the drop, I'm pretty sure. I'll listen again and see if I can find it in there, or someone else can if they want.

EDIT2: It was the second to last call, and they didn't say anything about it being her, but she was still horrified and had to clarify that it actually was Anderson with a drop. I still think it sounds like her, though. The mystery continues!

CaptainViolence fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 20, 2008

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That drop is used almost every time someone mentions they have a small penis.

It was definitely recorded before 2001.

Obviously it's used well, because we've had like half a dozen people swear it actually came from a female guest when Anderson dropped it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Nemo posted:

Obviously it's used well, because we've had like half a dozen people swear it actually came from a female guest when Anderson dropped it.

Are you a Mormon?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You're fat.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

UltraRed posted:

You're fat.

You're a lesbian!

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Grand Fromage posted:

You're a lesbian!

Drew, please.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

You're a lesbian!
He's gay.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

UltraRed posted:

He's gay.

human being, better run.

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?
For some reason I always remember the "ha ha haaaa" coming from the 2000-07-11 episode with Kari Wuhrer. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just remember her being super annoying in general, which is probably why I think that's where the laugh came from.

Edit: and the funny thing about the "I just wanted to get some dick" girl, if I recall correctly, was that she was a virgin. And managed to insult 3 dudes who were gonna gangbang her. Funny stuff.

1000 umbrellas fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 20, 2008

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

CaptainViolence posted:

human being, better run.

Look motherfucker I'm tellin' you!

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster

1000 umbrellas posted:

For some reason I always remember the "ha ha haaaa" coming from the 2000-07-11 episode with Kari Wuhrer. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just remember her being super annoying in general, which is probably why I think that's where the laugh came from.
It's possible. She definitely had some energy and would be what Adam calls "nutty." I'm listening to it now, will report all the details!!!

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
It's not Kari Wuhrer. As someone mentioned, Adam and Drew discuss the origin of that drop being two really stuck-up playmates (or just socialites) who were really annoying throughout the whole show.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog

Absolut Mike posted:

I listen to an episode a day at work, and finally heard the episode where Adam explains he and Jimmy's experience with pot-brownies on a flight he just got off of, and about 20 minutes into the show the Culver City Police enter the studio and administer a sobriety test for Adam, who swears up and down he's not high. It's 08-08-02.

It's interesting for several reasons:

Adam doesn't berate the cop at all, instead directing all his surly aggression right at Drew, who is kinda trying to make wise-rear end comments during the tests.

Drew, after seeing Adam fail several of the tests, is concerned that Adam shouldn't drive home after the show.

Anderson is concerned with the equipment in the room where the test is taking place.

The episode is actually a pretty good one. Towards the end it includes a smoke-alarm call plus a mason-jar joke.

Hah. This was interesting to listen to.

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster

The Pantheon posted:

It's not Kari Wuhrer. As someone mentioned, Adam and Drew discuss the origin of that drop being two really stuck-up playmates (or just socialites) who were really annoying throughout the whole show.
Yeah but if you've ever listened to Loveline you'll know that Adam and Drew's memories of past guests are fuzzy at best.

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag
It's definitely not Kari, I've been listening to the earliest episodes I've found in order, and it's a drop that predates recorded history. So is You're Fat, You're Gay, and anything else in the Drew Boogie/Drew Shuffle.

I did hear another drop origin the other day, on 9/18/2000. It's Adam's high pitched "WHOO?" drop. He's doing an impression of someone's Mexican housekeeper, when asked for the homeowner over the phone.

I'm also almost positive I heard the origin of Drew being a "Passionate Man", although I didn't make a note of the date. They came back from an off the air conversation, and didn't reveal much, except that they were talking about their own personal sex habits, and Adam was very surprised to hear Drew's, and proclaimed him to be a very passionate man.

One I haven't heard at all that I really want to hear is the "World Is Your Oyster" drop, because I really wonder what the significance of it is.

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster
My guess for the oyster clip is late 2000/early 2001, or late 1999/early 2000, I forget which one, but I remember hearing a show from early 2001 or early 2000 where Anderson plays the clip and Adam and Drew react to it as if it were brand new.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

The Pantheon posted:

I think their name is the Nielsen twins or something similar.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Graham Wellington posted:

My guess for the oyster clip is late 2000/early 2001, or late 1999/early 2000, I forget which one, but I remember hearing a show from early 2001 or early 2000 where Anderson plays the clip and Adam and Drew react to it as if it were brand new.

The oyster clip was the show Robert Rodriguez was on. Adam was drugged because he had dental surgery earlier in the day.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

On the American car subject, Adam spends the first two segments or so of the June 5th TACS talking in great detail about why he hates them, and how they've improved since foreign competition eviscerated the American car industry. If anyone wanted detail, there you go.

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

Judakel posted:

The oyster clip was the show Robert Rodriguez was on. Adam was drugged because he had dental surgery earlier in the day.

Wow, really? I wish I had a better memory of this show. I heard it live, and I recorded the oyster speech (tape is long since lost) but didn't have enough room to get the whole show. I remember it being great.

getfiscal
Oct 26, 2007
He Is Risen
FASTEST GROWING OUTLAW RADIO IN THE NATION

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Sorry, I meant to say the Oyster Line came from the PAUL Rodriguez show. I can't listen to the entire thing but I am pretty sure. Can anyone confirm?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

1000 umbrellas posted:

Edit: and the funny thing about the "I just wanted to get some dick" girl, if I recall correctly, was that she was a virgin. And managed to insult 3 dudes who were gonna gangbang her. Funny stuff.

I specifically remember both these episodes well. Kari Wuhrer kept singing and being vaguely annoying, although in my books any guest who interacts with the hosts gets points. She also sang the scrotum song, which was amusing.

The other one about the gangbang girl sticks out as well. If I remember correctly, she slammed a 40oz of Jack Daniels, climbed out the window of her grandmothers house and rolled down the porch roof and fell on the ground. She then walked to the end of the block where these three guys met her and she proceeded to mercilessly mock them so that none of them could perform and then went home.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ramzi
Oct 10, 2004
The inner child of my soul was repeatedly gangbanged by a team of mall Santas.
Anyone ever listen to Loveline - 2002-06-04 (Guest - vampiresses Gentry & Dida)?

That was crazy, but I can't seem to find anything on those guests online.

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster

Judakel posted:

Sorry, I meant to say the Oyster Line came from the PAUL Rodriguez show. I can't listen to the entire thing but I am pretty sure. Can anyone confirm?
Listened to it the other day. Anderson played the drop, Adam denied the meaning of it.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Ramzi posted:

Anyone ever listen to Loveline - 2002-06-04 (Guest - vampiresses Gentry & Dida)?

That was crazy, but I can't seem to find anything on those guests online.

Yeah, it's one of the more popular ones that've been discussed in these threads due to the flakiness of them.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but on this page it lists Dr. Drew as an upcoming guest on TACS. Has this happened before?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but on this page it lists Dr. Drew as an upcoming guest on TACS. Has this happened before?

He was one of the first guests I believe.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

^burtle posted:

He was one of the first guests I believe.

I don't recall him ever being in studio, but he has definitely done phone in spots.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
He's been in the studio a few times. I remember once near the beginning of the show's run he was there when Deaf Frat Guy was there, and he totally didn't play along with the character.

"Why are you wearing headphones if you're deaf?"

"How could he tell what I was saying when he wasn't looking at my lips?"

I love Drew.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Nemo posted:

He's been in the studio a few times. I remember once near the beginning of the show's run he was there when Deaf Frat Guy was there, and he totally didn't play along with the character.

"Why are you wearing headphones if you're deaf?"

"How could he tell what I was saying when he wasn't looking at my lips?"

I love Drew.

As Adam said on a Loveline I listened to recently "No amount of education can make a man smart. That's what I've learned from you, Drew."

One of the things that I love about Drew is that he's still such a nerd. Even on his own show he still does bad radio after twenty something years of doing it. One of the things that make me trust him is how un-slick he is.

edit:

Moist von Lipwig posted:

They mentioned on Behind The Unibrow that they're all going on vacation for a while, so it's probably a repeat.

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 21, 2008

Randul
May 31, 2003

Star posted:

I think their name is the Nielsen twins or something similar.

From what I remember, it was the Dahm triplets as being the source of that drop. If all of them were there or just two, I don't know. They were drunk and annoying and I think it came out that one of them had dated Gunner Nelson.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Malachi Constant posted:

They mentioned on Behind The Unibrow that they're all going on vacation for a while, so it's probably a repeat.

Possible. Drew and DAG were on June 6th.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

Possible. Drew and DAG were on June 6th.

Is there someplace I can find that to listen to?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Bender posted:

Is there someplace I can find that to listen to?

Get the podcast, they keep shows up for two months or so.

RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008
I'm listening the 2001-04-08 show right now that is all about the morning after pill. Jenny from Right to Life is seriously annoying. She is talking about how evil the morning pill is and all birth control pills for that matter. She keeps pulling out "medical facts" which Drew keeps swatting down with actual medical facts and logic. She tried to claim that Japan (?) has a much lower rate of breast cancer than the US because they outlawed birth control. :psyduck:

Edit: the source of the "no not alright" drop is about 64 minutes in at the end of a conversation with a Columbian white supremest caller. He is talking about about how white people should be discouraged from having abortions and non-whites should be should be encouraged to have abortions.

Judakel posted:

If this is the 2003-03-11 show w/ Paul Rodriguez then I can confirm it is not the source of the drop. I've been listening to the 2001 episodes and I have heard the oyster drop a few times in March and earlier in the year as well.

RitualConfuser fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 22, 2008

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Get the podcast, they keep shows up for two months or so.

And just so you know, DAG was on for about an hour (not counting commercials) and Drew was only on for the last ten minutes or so, but it's still fun to have them there. On the May 12th show, DAG is in almost the entire time.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Grand Fromage posted:

And just so you know, DAG was on for about an hour (not counting commercials) and Drew was only on for the last ten minutes or so, but it's still fun to have them there. On the May 12th show, DAG is in almost the entire time.

Was the May 12th show the time Theresa almost cried because of DAG?

EDIT: vvv Do you mean on the show or in general, because I'm pretty sure he's been doing it for 20 years. Also, this read arrow concept confuses me, we don't have those in Canada as far as I know.

Moist von Lipwig fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 22, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Does anyone know the first time Adam advocated running the red turn arrow? I have to hear the origin of the rant that changed my life.

• Locked thread