Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

and that capirossi crash wasn't even that bad, pussy

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Capirossi+out+of+action+at+Assen+no+replacement+ride+for+Spies

Puncture wound to the forearm :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

23reasons posted:

The wheel went over his head, how bad does it need to be?

This is a bad accident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDZETubIe7k

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

Puncture wound to the forearm :cry:

Oh drat I had no idea, that's why he was out at Assen.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

This is a bad accident

from the related videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Rcrqy0dzs&feature=related

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Supermoto 2007 World Championship vid, holy poo poo the track in the second half looks like it'd give you the most fun death ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Y0bvtYReM

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

All the cool kids are watching FIM. Why aren't you?

Z3n posted:

The MotoCzyzc C1 laps some LVMS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nN9gFlBsI

My god, just listen to it. Especially from the rider's point of view...it sounds amazing.

it sounds like this bike would just bully all the rest. I mean like actually intimidate the other riders. Is it scheduled to appear in motogp anytime soon? It feels like I have been reading about it since I got into bikes 4 years ago.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

SaucyPants posted:

it sounds like this bike would just bully all the rest. I mean like actually intimidate the other riders. Is it scheduled to appear in motogp anytime soon? It feels like I have been reading about it since I got into bikes 4 years ago.

Motogp went to the 800s, so that sort of puts the C1 out. It could appear in WSBK, or AMA/whatever though.

That supermoto vid...awesome.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

This is a bad accident

Jorge is tough. He raced that weekend, even though he fractured both ankles in that qualifying accident.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

:cool:

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
If you have searched supermoto videos on youtube you have seen this, but for those who haven't here is a great on-board battle video. It really heats up in the second half of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJtnFIFofXk

And I agree, that last supermoto video was loving awesome.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
She looked like this in the morning.

She looked like this in the afternoon.

Ran into a corner a little hot, ran a little wide, tried to tighten my line while rolling on the gas. She didn't like it and spat me off.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
gently caress, were you hurt raffie?

I was at a road racing meet today, have some poo poo phone camera footage on my youtube channel, should have higher res videos later in the week from one of the lads archos.

The last race of the day, open class technically but it was all litrebikes and some 600zs's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQeSD49yiTY
other video uploading at the moment

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

echomadman posted:

I was at a road racing meet today, have some poo poo phone camera footage on my youtube channel, should have higher res videos later in the week from one of the lads archos.

The last race of the day, open class technically but it was all litrebikes and some 600zs's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQeSD49yiTY
other video uploading at the moment

I love the "Slow" sign on the ground.

That is absolutely nuts though...those guys are the last truely insane motorcyclists.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Just found this noodling around.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent

echomadman posted:

I came out of it suprisingly well, considering i was tumbling and not sliding. Just some bumps and bruises, nothing broken and not even a scratch.

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

All the cool kids are watching FIM. Why aren't you?

Slopehead posted:

Just found this noodling around.

beautiful. I could have one bike and one bike only it would be this or an R7

bung
Dec 14, 2004

KTM RC8 video

Birthday Pony
Jan 7, 2002

I think I'd better put on a monocle
I just got my first bike!
2005 sv650.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nice, I'm a big sucker for rimtape, I think it looks so cool. Whats with the super tiny fairing piece?

Birthday Pony
Jan 7, 2002

Phat_Albert posted:

Nice, I'm a big sucker for rimtape, I think it looks so cool. Whats with the super tiny fairing piece?
Some sort of radiator guard. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it on there.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Is that an aftermarket rear sprocket? Looks like it to me... did the previous owner change the sprocket size?

Nice looking bike, I also love rim tape on black wheeled SV's, it just looks really good.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Phat_Albert posted:

drat, rimtape is cool.

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn
rimtape looks good in some conditions; in that, it doesn't, there isn't enough yellow in the color scheme to match it. otherwise the bike looks quite nice.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
rimtape rimtape rimtape

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

rimtape rimtape rimjob

you sick bastard

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
I must be the only one who thinks rimtape looks incredibly tacky outside of race bikes.

That looks like a converted SV650S to me - the little bit of fairing complete with an excess of bolts seems to be from the S's bikini fairing.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004
There is definitely something weird about that bike. Every badge has been pulled off and reapplied in neon yellow, and the passenger pegs, chain adjusters, foot pegs, handle bars, triple tree, forks, and headlight side plates have all been rattle canned. The seat and side covers are not original either. Someone had to really strip that bike to paint all of that, so I would wonder what happened to make it worthwhile.

Birthday Pony
Jan 7, 2002

`Nemesis posted:

Is that an aftermarket rear sprocket? Looks like it to me... did the previous owner change the sprocket size?

It's a stealth tri-metal sprocket, the same size as stock but the front sprocket is slightly smaller than stock. Other upgrades include full yoshi exhaust, 525vm2 X'ring chain, GIpro w/ATRE, r6 throttle tube, and some cosmetic stuff you can see.

I'm not sure about the color of the rime tape (seems like a big issue here). I just bought this bike an am open to changing some things.

Birthday Pony
Jan 7, 2002

wzm posted:

There is definitely something weird about that bike. Every badge has been pulled off and reapplied in neon yellow, and the passenger pegs, chain adjusters, foot pegs, handle bars, triple tree, forks, and headlight side plates have all been rattle canned. The seat and side covers are not original either. Someone had to really strip that bike to paint all of that, so I would wonder what happened to make it worthwhile.

Seat is an aftermaket gel seat that is much more comfortable than stock. The side covers are carbon fiber add ons.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

Birthday Pony posted:

I'm not sure about the color of the rime tape (seems like a big issue here). I just bought this bike an am open to changing some things.

If you like how it looks right now, the only things I would think about changing would be having passenger pegs when you don't have a passenger seat installed, and finding some way to clean up the rear tail lights. It looks like whoever installed those lights left bare wires hanging, but it is hard to tell from those pictures. If your license plate is currently mounted behind your rear wheel, I'd also move it up higher, because obscured license plates can get you pulled over pretty quickly.

To keep this on topic, a scooter powered couch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffiB_uoVx1E&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8TgA8_l36M

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

ail posted:

rimtape looks good in some conditions; in that, it doesn't, there isn't enough yellow in the color scheme to match it. otherwise the bike looks quite nice.

Better than most cars I see with time attack wheels. You take a silver or blue car and they throw on wheels that are all black with a red lip. Those are rough.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Birthday Pony posted:

I just got my first bike!
2005 sv650.

nice ride, SV's sound fantastic with that Yosh RS3 pipe. Be honest, was it at least partly the sound that sold you on the bike? (I know the sound pretty much sold me on my VFR)

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

wzm posted:

This is all very typical stuff for SV blingers. I don't see why you think it's an S-to-N conversion either, that flyscreen and the radiator covers are OEM pieces if I'm not mistaken.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

Zenaida posted:

I don't see why you think it's an S-to-N conversion either, that flyscreen and the radiator covers are OEM pieces if I'm not mistaken.

It would also be a little weird to see stock handlebars on a conversion. I would imagine that there are better and cheaper aftermarket bars available.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Finally got to wash/wax my bike this weekend. Didn't get meticulous but you should have seen it before... yeesh.

07' SVS Two Bros exhaust

Just got these new babies. Pilot Power CT2's. Love them so far. They have the little tire dude embodied on the rim of the tire. The goal is to wear him completely off.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Clean them wheels homie. Youch!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I was short on time. I want so badly to spend like 2 hours cleaning every inch till it looked perfect again, but I never have the time, the means, and the materials all at once.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Meh, I know how that goes.

Some WD-40 and a rag will make those wheels look like new.

mantaworks
May 6, 2005

by Fragmaster

:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Totally sweet Honda cafe racer I saw walking yesterday. It was kind of rough (the big dark spot under it is from it dripping oil) but holy crap would I ride the hell out of it. Anyone tell what its made from?