Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BusinessWallet
Sep 13, 2005
Today has been the most perfect day I have ever seen

Schatten posted:

1985 Made In Japan, 62 Reissue - Fender Telecaster. An awesome craigslist find today.

Will take better pictures in the future, but this should work for now. The bridge pickup needs a bit of work - rewiring, or replacement. Bought a set of flatwounds for it today, so in the next week, I'll get to work on setting it up.

Wow, that's absolutely beautiful. Nice purchase, I'm really jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Schatten posted:

1985 Made In Japan, 62 Reissue - Fender Telecaster. An awesome craigslist find today.

Will take better pictures in the future, but this should work for now. The bridge pickup needs a bit of work - rewiring, or replacement. Bought a set of flatwounds for it today, so in the next week, I'll get to work on setting it up.
Yes, that is beautiful - bound Tele bodies just look great.

Not sure how things were in the '80s, but generally the only real weak point with MIJ/CIJ Fenders is the pickups. My Jazzmaster had a kind of narrow Strat coil under a bigger cover, and the few Strats I bought had bar magnets under slug polepieces. No big deal, really, there's an infinite number of better aftermarket choices.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Mannie Fresh posted:

My Fantom, it's my first workstation, and honestly I have no idea on how I went without it for so long.

Also, got it for $900 with an extra MPC 2000, so I couldn't turn it down.

You paid $900 for a Fantom X and an MPC 2000? Holy poo poo, deal of the century right there.

Houston Rockets
Apr 15, 2006

Now I can finally amplify
, , and

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Within the past week, paid for but not owned yet:
(Arrives on the 3rd july)

(upgrade from 6, arrives on tuesday)

(Arrives on the 27th)

I got a track picked up by a label last week, so thought i'd treat myself :3:
Played around with a copy of massive a while ago and it is by far the best vst synth ive ever heard. Really looking forward to getting my hands on absynth 4 too, i'm tempted to take a day off work when it all gets here and just sit in making noises...

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 22, 2008

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Schatten posted:

Nice. I have one of those, too. Same year, color and everything.. The pickups were replaced before I bought it, but I don't remember what they are now. It also has a black pickguard. It's my favorite guitar, and it was made the same year I was! I think everyone should have a guitar from their birth year. Anyway, I love it. I bought it 5 years ago and haven't wanted a new guitar since.

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com
FINALLY sent away for this:

Should be here on Friday :dance: :toot:

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
Thanks for the comments on the tele. Glad someone else has one of these too! My first tele. Always wanted to find the right one, but when this one was had for... a hundred bucks which came with a Fender 15w practice amp (which I didn't need), I couldn't pass it up. Sounds great so far, but a bit of work to do. Might see what other pickups might be recommended for the bridge position.

noblystabbed posted:

FINALLY sent away for this:

Should be here on Friday :dance: :toot:
I've always been a fan of the 800RB! Ahhhhh!

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

Fender Super-Sonic 112 Combo on top, Super-Sonic 412 cabinet underneath. Picked it up this afternoon. :D

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com

Angry Justin posted:

Fender Super-Sonic 112 Combo on top, Super-Sonic 412 cabinet underneath. Picked it up this afternoon. :D
That looks fuckin' rad. My guitarist is kind of looking for something to replace his Ampeg half-stack and this might be right up his alley. What kind of sounds are you getting out of that thing?

Altered State
Dec 18, 2006

Oh, man, those Fender Super Sonics sound fantastic.

What kind of Les Paul is that?

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
Oh my this has been a nice week.

Rivera 55-12 to replace/augment my Classic 50. Its cleans are amazing and if you leave the channel 1 boost on, it has some serious balls. I'm going to A/B them at practice today. Excited. Also.

MXR Carbon Copy analog delay to replace my DD-6. The DD-6 is nice, and complicated, and not really for me. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't so much use delay as a complicated effect so much as as press the "atmosphere" button, so I don't need the reverse and the 2600ms and the WARP setting. I gave it to the bass player, who is using it with his EHX bass microsynth to sound AWESOME. The Carbon Copy is really great sounding, by the way. Though it really is sparkly.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
The Carbon Copy is awesome. I've had mine for a few weeks now and I'm totally pleased with it.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Those Riveras are incredible amps. Between the two channels, you've got the best of both worlds.

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!
I just got this in the mail!

I can't believe I lived without a loop pedal before now. I ended up getting it for only $130 through that Live Search 35% off deal for buy it now items on eBay. Awesome!

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
Ebay strikes again.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Just received this today:

ESP LTD Alexi-600

So far I like it a lot, takes a little getting used to playing while sitting down. I'll need to have the action raised a bit as well, the strings are real low and buzz a bit.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

noblystabbed posted:

That looks fuckin' rad. My guitarist is kind of looking for something to replace his Ampeg half-stack and this might be right up his alley. What kind of sounds are you getting out of that thing?

This thing is a clean machine on the vibrolux setting. It's the cleanest, twangiest sound i've ever heard. The "burn" channel is great too, you can get practically any kind of overdriven sound you like out of it between having the bassman channel and the vibrolux channel, along with the two gain knobs.

Altered State, it was Gibson's Guitar of the Week, Week 17 I believe. It's a Classic Antique. The pickups are called like H-80s or something like that, basically the two tone knobs pull out as switches to switch each pickup as the singlecoil P-90 or a humbucker. It's nice to have the choice, but I usually leave the P-90s on because they are creamy as gently caress.

dissin department
Apr 7, 2007

"I has music dysleskia."
Just landed my first job.

oh yes. I will have it.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Leninboarrir posted:

Ebay strikes again.

drat I want one of these for 2nd mode, its the Dopethrone sound in a box. They go for ridiculous prices here though.

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl
People actually like the Hyper Fuzz? Its alright, mine just sits in a drawer, though.

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster

screammachine posted:

People actually like the Hyper Fuzz? Its alright, mine just sits in a drawer, though.

Sell it, then. Most of them seem to sell for $100-$120. I got mine for $65, though.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

the wizards beard posted:

drat I want one of these for 2nd mode, its the Dopethrone sound in a box. They go for ridiculous prices here though.

One went for €75 on adverts a while ago.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=56452&cat=all

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Zakalwe posted:

One went for €75 on adverts a while ago.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=56452&cat=all

I know, the low ball offer was mine :) It came up while I was doing exams and wasn't working, so I had to let it go.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

PoorPeteBest posted:

I just got this in the mail!

I can't believe I lived without a loop pedal before now. I ended up getting it for only $130 through that Live Search 35% off deal for buy it now items on eBay. Awesome!

How is that? I'm thinking about getting one next year; would you mind posting a review of it or something?

edit: Also, why did you go with the RC-20xl instead of the RC-2? I'm not entirely clear on what the difference between the two units is, beyond one of them being about twice as big and more expensive.

Coca Koala fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 25, 2008

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

It's a handmade modded TS808 clone made by a fella who calls himself gearmanndude. (You should check out his gear review vids on youtube.) It absolutely rules. 100 bucks plus shipping, and worth it at twice the price.

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Hmm, I'll give the Hyper Fuzz another shot tonight at practice. I do remember setting 2 being pretty funky.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Coca Koala posted:

How is that? I'm thinking about getting one next year; would you mind posting a review of it or something?

edit: Also, why did you go with the RC-20xl instead of the RC-2? I'm not entirely clear on what the difference between the two units is, beyond one of them being about twice as big and more expensive.

The RC-20xl adds mic and instrument inputs and lets you edit/save patches through buttons instead of the clumsy dial-and-button interface of the RC-2. Functionally, they're fairly similar once you add a tap tempo button the the RC-2.

PoorPeteBest, you got a great deal on that pedal, too. I paid $140 for my RC-2 used. It's a fantastic practice tool.

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!

Coca Koala posted:

I really love it. It's going to take some practice to get comfortable with the thing, but it only took me a few minutes out of the box before I had it doing what I wanted it to.

The main difference between the RC-20xl and RC-2 is ease of use. With the second pedal you can stop your loops without having to bend down. The RC-20xl also has a reverse function (cool, but not really practical) and auto-start which will kick in recording only once it senses a signal. The RC-2 has a few built in drum loops that the RC-20xl doesn't (it has a variety of metronome sounds however.)

I was initially going to just grab an RC-2 because you can connect additional foot switches to it to have better control over the stop and tap-tempo functions but the RC-20xl was only $20 more even with the discount applied to both pedals. I figured the extra price was worth it at that point.

Jagdhippo
Feb 5, 2006

"That's just his way of saying 'Hello!', dear."
Ordered today, should be here in a few weeks.

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

I call out to the beasts of the sea! To come forth and join us! This night is yours!

The Ferret King posted:

Just received this today:

ESP LTD Alexi-600

So far I like it a lot, takes a little getting used to playing while sitting down. I'll need to have the action raised a bit as well, the strings are real low and buzz a bit.

Great choice. I fell in love with these when I played one at Sam Ash through a 6505+. Great feeling all the way around and the painted neck feels oh so good. Add the OFR onto it and its just a thrash machine. I'm going to jump on one after I get my next Dean.

I can't tell in the picture, did you get the new ones with the Blackouts or did it have the HZ in it?

Job For A Pirate
Apr 27, 2008
Put an order in for this,

Schecter Loomis 7-string.

boobstastegreat
Aug 9, 2004
yum
I usually dislike Schecters but that's actually pretty tasteful and awesome. Also, the 1 volume knob + pickup toggle is clutch.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

cubicle gangster posted:

This arrived on wednesday.

The display is hosed when I run anything more visually complex than a web browser, after half an hour of use of traktor the screen appears to start melting and poo poo gets fuckin' CRAZY.

Buying broken things is awful :(

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

cubicle gangster posted:

This arrived on wednesday.

The display is hosed when I run anything more visually complex than a web browser, after half an hour of use of traktor the screen appears to start melting and poo poo gets fuckin' CRAZY.

Buying broken things is awful :(

Update drivers?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

mono posted:

Update drivers?

Done that - everything is as new as it gets. If youve ever seen a video card overheat, it looks like that.

fakeedit: Just did some looking around on the net. Apparently it's a problem with nvidia drivers in vista.
The fix? Overclock the video card :|
Its the most powerful video card that dell offer for laptops, how on earth have they managed this?

I rang dell and they said they'd give me a replacement anyway. It's coming tomorrow, and theyre just swapping them over... Gutted that ive just spent the past 2 days setting it up exactly how i like it though.
If it still does it on the new one then i'll jump on nvidias case and ask SHSC.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 30, 2008

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

cubicle gangster posted:

If youve ever seen a video card overheat, it looks like that.

The fix? Overclock the video card :|

What the gently caress :psyduck:

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Thoogsby posted:

What the gently caress :psyduck:

It's not actually overheating, just doing the same hosed up artifacts that you get when it does. Apparently overclocking it doesnt raise the temperature at all, and you only need to do it a tiny bit.
I think I need to do some more reading to find out why.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Just picked this up as my first electric. Ibanez Art300. I dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

holy poo poo that's gorgeous