Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gewgle
Mar 30, 2005
Sometimes I like to ride my bicycle
FF3 here, I noticed I can only star threads when i do the selection 2x but I cant unstar threads at all :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Swilo posted:

Feature request: revert this[url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2783147&pagenumber=29#post345634215]

I humbly request you don't implement this.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Gvaz posted:

I humbly request you don't implement this.

An option is pretty easy, I would've thought.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Nam Taf posted:

An option is pretty easy, I would've thought.

Well yes, I wouldn't have a problem if you could toggle it.

Crop Top Skank
Apr 4, 2007

dirtbag posted:

Ever since I upgraded to FF 3.0 my SALR quick reply hasn't worked. I figured maybe it was something everybody was having an issue with but I went back through the past few pages and I haven't seen any mention. This is what I get when I try to create a new thread or post using the quick reply.

It just stays like that permanently. Anybody else having this issue?

This is happening for me as well. I can type my own text in the box, but the Submit button is grayed out and stays that way. The same thing happens whether I do Quote or Reply.

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

snide posted:

This is happening for me as well. I can type my own text in the box, but the Submit button is grayed out and stays that way. The same thing happens whether I do Quote or Reply.

What happens if you close and reopen? For some reason a lot of people are getting missed requests or something, so that first time just sits there waiting, but trying again the request gets through, and you get what you asked for.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

snide posted:

Everyone that has this happening, do you have the live preview open like in the screen shot?

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I just got this error, any idea what it's about? It popped up when quick reply popped up, and I started writing a reply to a quote.

THEN, I just got this issue trying to attach that image to quick reply:

It didn't pop up when I attached it, but when I clicked Submit.

Crop Top Skank
Apr 4, 2007

Carnivean posted:

What happens if you close and reopen? For some reason a lot of people are getting missed requests or something, so that first time just sits there waiting, but trying again the request gets through, and you get what you asked for.

Do you mean the Quick Reply window? Closing it and reopening it doesn't work for me.

duz posted:

Everyone that has this happening, do you have the live preview open like in the screen shot?

Yes. Do you think that's part of the problem? It always starts out with live preview open, without me doing anything to make it so.

Edit: Turning off live preview doesn't seem to change anything.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

snide posted:

Do you mean the Quick Reply window? Closing it and reopening it doesn't work for me.

I just made this post with live preview enabled, and it worked fine for me. Could it possibly be a conflict you're having with another extension?

Crop Top Skank
Apr 4, 2007

m2pt5 posted:

I just made this post with live preview enabled, and it worked fine for me. Could it possibly be a conflict you're having with another extension?

Nope. I don't have too many extensions anyway, but I just tried disabling them to see if it made any difference, and it didn't.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I sometimes have to click "Submit" twice or three times on the Quick Reply window. This started, I think, when I upgraded to FF3. Not always, for some reason.

EDIT: I had to when submitting this post.

EDIT 2: But not the edit.

jess
May 26, 2005

you fit into me
like a hook into an eye

a fish hook
an open eye

Mr. Motherfucker posted:

I sometimes have to click "Submit" twice or three times on the Quick Reply window. This started, I think, when I upgraded to FF3. Not always, for some reason.

EDIT: I had to when submitting this post.

EDIT 2: But not the edit.

This happens to me too, but I thought I was misclicking each time. I'm glad I'm not going crazy.

(It did it to this reply, too.)

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I have to do this as well sometimes, it's really annoying.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Aha! I too am experiencing this frequently. I thought something was wrong with my computer.

Bullio
May 11, 2004

Seriously...

I get the submit button problem at times too. Both on this computer and the one at work. Also, it seemed to hang on "Retrieving post quote" with the submit button grayed out in the last post I made. However, when I closed and reopened it worked fine other than submit needing an extra click.

I think it has to do with Firefox 3 also.

Edit: Sorry, I'm a retard who doesn't read the entire thread or the OP. Since this is already reported I'll be quiet now.

Bullio fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 4, 2008

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

Swilo posted:

Feature request: revert this[url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2783147&pagenumber=29#post345634215]
I cannot imagine an instance where it would be useful to use the same emoticon more than 20 times.

Edit: A toggle would be useful I suppose. It is possible that it would be useful for Let's Play posts, but it's pretty rare that even those use emotes that much per post anymore.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

duz posted:

Occurs with it both on and off; seeing the suggestion to try several times, I also checked whether it would work if I did that, and if I switched preview states between attempts. No go, with or without other addons active.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Mr. Motherfucker posted:

Yeah, I think this is happening to buttons totally unrelated to SALR as well. Hopefully this means there's nothing wrong on this end and an update to Firefox 3 will fix it.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Revolvyerom posted:

I cannot imagine an instance where it would be useful to use the same emoticon more than 20 times.

Edit: A toggle would be useful I suppose. It is possible that it would be useful for Let's Play posts, but it's pretty rare that even those use emotes that much per post anymore.
The only time I've ever even noticed the change was in lengthy "dialogue" posts. For example:

:cool: = me
:downs: = idiot
======
:cool: How can I help you today?
:downs: My computer broke
:cool: What do you mean? Will it not turn on, do you get an error message, what?
:downs: Yes
:cool: Which is it?
...and so on

Other than stuff like that, I wouldn't have even known a change was made.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Revolvyerom posted:

This is probably because those who do it have been banned already.

Mitt Romney OMG!
Feb 11, 2007

Are We Not Men?
I have been having a problem when I reply now, I will randomly time out causing me to lose my post and it even causes MSN to disconnect, does anyone know what is causing this?

Mitt Romney OMG!
Feb 11, 2007

Are We Not Men?
it seems to happen when I quote someone and when I try to edit the most

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I'm still using Goon Stick-Its, developed by Heeen. Any chance it could be updated for FF3, big guy?

(I know this is the SALR thread, but other goon extensions have been historically discussed in here, too)

Duck from Mexico
Apr 13, 2007

by Ozma
I have missed the feature that provided link backs to original posts in quotes ever since radium banned it. I've had the idea for a while of a poor man's version that keeps a big hash of usernames => userid and automatically converts quote links to showthread.php?threadid=xxxx&userid=yyyy . It's obviously very simple to implement but I didn't know how to make Firefox extensions until I made this one. The only reason that it couldn't be a trivial greasemonkey script is that you need to read and write the hash of names to a local file every time you open/close the browser. I'm not sure if this will be an issue for like 30,000 names. But anyways, the point is that I personally love it because you don't need to go back page after page doing a CTRL+F on the name to find the post being quoted, so I think it might be a good addition to SALR. I'm not trying to be a cocktease and be like "Heres my sweet extension but nobody can have it but me", I just don't have an interest in maintaining an extension and I'm sure any of the SALR people could implement it in 5 minutes if they think its a good idea.

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I'm still using Goon Stick-Its, developed by Heeen. Any chance it could be updated for FF3, big guy?

(I know this is the SALR thread, but other goon extensions have been historically discussed in here, too)

Are you aware that SALR integrated that functionality?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Duck from Mexico posted:

I have missed the feature that provided link backs to original posts in quotes ever since radium banned it. I've had the idea for a while of a poor man's version that keeps a big hash of usernames => userid and automatically converts quote links to showthread.php?threadid=xxxx&userid=yyyy . It's obviously very simple to implement but I didn't know how to make Firefox extensions until I made this one. The only reason that it couldn't be a trivial greasemonkey script is that you need to read and write the hash of names to a local file every time you open/close the browser. I'm not sure if this will be an issue for like 30,000 names. But anyways, the point is that I personally love it because you don't need to go back page after page doing a CTRL+F on the name to find the post being quoted, so I think it might be a good addition to SALR. I'm not trying to be a cocktease and be like "Heres my sweet extension but nobody can have it but me", I just don't have an interest in maintaining an extension and I'm sure any of the SALR people could implement it in 5 minutes if they think its a good idea.

The userid is available in every post; you wouldn't need a database for that.

Duck from Mexico
Apr 13, 2007

by Ozma

astral posted:

astral posted:
The userid is available in every post; you wouldn't need a database for that.

I'm talking about a link like the one in the quote. Since quotes don't nest even one level, it's very hard to follow conversations in many threads. You would need a database of user ids unless you only link to users who have posted on the same page as they were quoted, which is not usually when it's needed anyways. Also you can do more fancy stuff like pass in part of the text of the quote, and then do a substring match against all of the posts, thereby jumping automatically to the post in question most of the time (unless the quoter removed the text of the post, or it's not in the first 40 posts that the quoted person made in the thread).

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Duck from Mexico posted:

I'm talking about a link like the one in the quote. Since quotes don't nest even one level, it's very hard to follow conversations in many threads. You would need a database of user ids unless you only link to users who have posted on the same page as they were quoted, which is not usually when it's needed anyways. Also you can do more fancy stuff like pass in part of the text of the quote, and then do a substring match against all of the posts, thereby jumping automatically to the post in question most of the time (unless the quoter removed the text of the post, or it's not in the first 40 posts that the quoted person made in the thread).

Ah, I misread. Apologies. That's what I get for putting off sleep too long.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Duck from Mexico posted:

I have missed the feature that provided link backs to original posts in quotes ever since radium banned it.

Very much ditto, so if you do get it in, I'll for sure use it.

Darth Mirth
Dec 12, 2004

Jedi business.
Go back to your drinks.
This is from a few pages back, but...

kapinga posted:

the_ruiner gave me the motivation to change up the quote/code boxes up in a completely different way. I dislike the forums new gray text for quotes, and I got to playing around from there.

I came up with another quotebox design that I thought I would share:

code:
.bbc-block
{
    background-color: white !important;
    border: 1px solid black !important;
    padding: 0px            !important;
}

.bbc-block h4
{
    border: none                   !important;
    border-bottom: 1px solid black !important;
    font-style: normal             !important;
    padding: 3px                   !important;
}

.salrQuoteOfSelf h4
{
    background-color: #C691D9 !important;
}

.bbc-block blockquote
{
    padding: 7px 7px 7px 7px !important;
}
This is what the result looks like for normal quotes:

...and when you are quoted:

I'm really digging being able to skin the forums using userContent.css and SALR.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Darth Mirth posted:

Where do I put this exactly?

Darth Mirth
Dec 12, 2004

Jedi business.
Go back to your drinks.

Gvaz posted:

It goes in the userContent.css file (which you may need to create) in your Firefox profile folder/directory.

If you are on Windows XP, it goes here: [WINDOWS DRIVE]:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[YOUR PROFILE]\chrome\userContent.css

Here is the Mozilla page on locating your profile directory if you are using linux or Mac. (Use the "Show Customized Content For" links to select your OS.)

Here is the Mozilla page on userContent.css along with other configurable files.

You will need to close and restart Firefox to see the changes. Also, coloring quoteblocks that quote you requires the option be turned on in SALR.

v v :clint:

Darth Mirth fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 6, 2008

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
^^:argh:

Gvaz posted:

Darth Mirth posted:

userContent.css

%appdata%/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/<randomstring>.default/chrome/

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Yep, I knew where userContent.css was, I just didn't know what I was supposed to put it in. Thank you very much it works beautifully :)

Edit: oh wow, I totally missed that part where he said editing the file. Woops :downs:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I'm not sure what or if anything changed but my Quick Reply seems to be working now. The Submit button is no longer grayed out when I open it up. The only thing I've noticed now is that, like someone else mentioned, I have to hit the Submit button twice to make it go. That's not even an issue though really as I'm just glad to have it working. I can say almost for certain that I didn't change or edit anything on my end. Any of you other guys who had this problem back up and running yet?

Crop Top Skank
Apr 4, 2007

Quick Reply/Quote/Post/Edit are all still in the same broken state for me... with my normal Firefox profile. Just for testing purposes I made a new profile (which I'm using to make this reply) and that seems to solve the problem. I'm not ready to switch over to using a new profile, though. I can only guess that something is keeping the Quick Reply window from being able to read the thread for some reason (and only in certain older profiles - I made mine around the time of the early FF3 betas).

Edit: I did have to click submit twice.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Darth Mirth posted:

code:
.bbc-block
{
    background-color: white !important;
    border: 1px solid black !important;
    padding: 0px            !important;
}

.bbc-block h4
{
    border: none                   !important;
    border-bottom: 1px solid black !important;
    font-style: normal             !important;
    padding: 3px                   !important;
}

.salrQuoteOfSelf h4
{
    background-color: #C691D9 !important;
}

.bbc-block blockquote
{
    padding: 7px 7px 7px 7px !important;
}
This is what the result looks like for normal quotes:

...and when you are quoted:

I'm really digging being able to skin the forums using userContent.css and SALR.

I really like this and looks better than what I had before. Thanks.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

dirtbag posted:

The only thing I've noticed now is that, like someone else mentioned, I have to hit the Submit button twice to make it go. That's not even an issue though really as I'm just glad to have it working. I can say almost for certain that I didn't change or edit anything on my end. Any of you other guys who had this problem back up and running yet?

That's happening over here too.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - Ted Nugent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
No issues here though :shobon:

Edit: Which is kinda nice, considering how often I manage to gently caress extensions up.

• Locked thread