Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

pr0zac posted:

Totally sweet Honda cafe racer I saw walking yesterday. It was kind of rough (the big dark spot under it is from it dripping oil) but holy crap would I ride the hell out of it. Anyone tell what its made from?

CB350 or 450

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
There are some beautiful cafe racers on the sohc forums.

And something totally unrelated.
http://jalopnik.com/350680/monster-motorbike-+-now-with-crushing-video?autoplay=true

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 2, 2008

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

cheese eats mouse posted:

There are some beautiful cafe racers on the sohc forums.

http://jalopnik.com/350680/monster-motorbike-+-now-with-crushing-video?autoplay=true

I will admit, that is not exactly the sohc i expected.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Z3n posted:

I will admit, that is not exactly the sohc i expected.

Those old Hondas can really move. ;)

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Oh poo poo... That was a close one... OH poo poo!

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

How the hell, did he just lock the front up? He was still completely upright then he was on the ground. The cameraman did a good job of avoiding him, drat that was crazy.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

How the hell, did he just lock the front up? He was still completely upright then he was on the ground. The cameraman did a good job of avoiding him, drat that was crazy.
I would guess there was gravel on the track. Just few seconds earlier there looks like a spot on the left side where someone had went of the track.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

pr0zac posted:

Totally sweet Honda cafe racer I saw walking yesterday. It was kind of rough (the big dark spot under it is from it dripping oil) but holy crap would I ride the hell out of it. Anyone tell what its made from?

that looks like it just has a stuck petcock and is leaking gas all over the ground.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
this has probably been posted before, still cool tho (and new to me)

http://www.webbikeworld.magnify.net/item/4LSHDRQLCTTZ0BCB

Turtle Parlor
Sep 12, 2005
village idiot

Veritas posted:

this has probably been posted before, still cool tho (and new to me)

http://www.webbikeworld.magnify.net/item/4LSHDRQLCTTZ0BCB

I followed him on a run, he was dragging hard bits left and right. I wasn't having much trouble staying with him, as I ride a supersport and my bike had lots let to give. Now, had I been in front he would have been all over my rear end, I do not know the lines like he does. I talkled to him after we got back to the CROT and I asked him what kind of speeds he could run on a sportbike on the Dragon and he told me there was NO WAY IN HELL that he'd ride a sportbike on the hill. Said the 'Wing is forgiving and if it slides in any way, it just goes straight.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

Looks like it. Either that or he uses the rear brake on the track too and locked both of them as he misjudged the closing speed between him and the bike in front of him.

There's no way there would be enough gravel on a track to cause a bike to dump it like that, and the amount of smoke means he either locked a tire hard or he had some sort or mechanical failure. More likely the first.

Fast riding on the gap is...eh. Any fast street riding is just about how well you know the road and how much you're willing to hang it out.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I finally got to go riding with my dad!

We had just ridden up the road. Pretty soon I hope to go back and go on a longer ride with him. However, getting there I did take the Valkyrie for the longest ride yet, and it was an absolute dream on the superslab.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 3, 2008

PhoS
Dec 7, 2005

- Pho Pho -

unknown poster posted:

Saw this bike today near where I live. Sorry for the crappy pic.

Concord?

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
Apparently one of the bikes advertised as "rare" on craigslist actually is:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/741568472.html

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_GTS1000

quote:

The GTS1000 is most notable for its innovative forkless front suspension, specifically a RADD front suspension designed by James Parker. This suspension provided improved stability under braking, but the improvement did not justify the additional cost for the consumer, and the bike was not commercially successful.[1]

Swingarm front end? :psyduck: What the hell, sounds like fun.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
mine has a front swingarm! but not a single sided one...

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:

Ghetto workshops are me.

I was wondering whether I'd draw the attention of parking lot management, but when their security guy came past it just turned into an hour long chat about how he used to race 350 two strokes in the 70s and machine most of his own parts. I wish I grabbed a pic of him... Mid 60s, wiry, balding old coot with the most amazing bling-bling diamond rings and a company station wagon pumping out mad bass beats.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
Was dicking around on my way back from the store, popped a wheelie a bit too high. Wasn't covering my rear brake, panicked and probably pulled the throttle more from tensing up. Off the back I went. Here are pics of the resulting damage. Hands and knees are rashed up, wear your gear folks, don't be like me. I do have gloves that I normally do wear but hot day + full gauntlets isn't so comfy. As they say, the best gear is the gear that you will wear.

This is what we began with, a nice pic from just 2 days prior:

Tail plastics are done. the TT600 letters were cut out and there was a neon behind them. This was done by the original owner.

Before:

Right side fairing is scratched up some, not too bad. The right slider bent so I'll have to replace that. Signal also broke off, I didn't like the ones on there anyway so I'm going to replace the pair.

Skyking slider after the accident, not sure what to think. Did it do it's job properly?

Right peg broke off, pin and spring are still in tact. Left mirror got smashed up and later fell out of housing.

All in all not too bad but I have to find a set of tail fairings now. The seat cowl survived, I'm pretty happy about that because those are pricey.

Everyone please post to tell me how much of an idiot I am.

Drunk Pledge Driver fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 6, 2008

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Your an idiot, and it sucks that you hosed up your new bike. Cover the brake next time.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mutt2jeff posted:

Your an idiot, and it sucks that you hosed up your new bike. Cover the brake next time.

OR, and I know this is a controversial thought, dont wheelie on the street?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Ahem. Mutt/Phat, remember when you point an accusing finger, you have three pointing back at you.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I thought about telling him that he shouldn't be wheeling, but came to the realization that I do it, nearly everyday. So cover the brake.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Silver posted:

Ahem. Mutt/Phat, remember when you point an accusing finger, you have three pointing back at you.

I'm not saying dont wheelie. Just dont do it on the street.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ehh, wheelies on the street are just like dragging knee on the street. There's places to do it, and places not to do it. I've done my fair share of stupid poo poo on the street, and if all you do is gently caress up your bike and your day, no harm, no foul.

You can't expect a slider to really hold up when you backflip the bike like that...and i'm sure you've learned your lesson about gloves now. :v:

unknown poster
Aug 4, 2007

PhoS posted:

Concord?

Walnut Creek.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Z3n posted:

Ehh, wheelies on the street are just like dragging knee on the street. There's places to do it, and places not to do it. I've done my fair share of stupid poo poo on the street, and if all you do is gently caress up your bike and your day, no harm, no foul.

You can't expect a slider to really hold up when you backflip the bike like that...and i'm sure you've learned your lesson about gloves now. :v:

Bike didn't backflip, I bailed before it did. It went forward, landed then went off to the side.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Bike didn't backflip, I bailed before it did. It went forward, landed then went off to the side.

Ahh. Yeah, that survival reaction to try and put your feet "down" when a wheelie has gotten out of hand is really a bitch.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Tail plastics are done. the TT600 letters were cut out and there was a neon behind them. This was done by the original owner.

It's a good thing, too. That cutout lettering looks like poo poo. Get some original plastics and stick with those instead of that ricer crap. It'd be bad enough on a Japanese bike, but on an English one? Jesus.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
loving Biscuiters.

Crumpeters.

Bangers and Mashers.

Nutellers.

I'm trying to remember all the poo poo I ate in London.

Digestivers.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

TheFonz posted:

loving Biscuiters.

Crumpeters.

Bangers and Mashers.

Nutellers.

I'm trying to remember all the poo poo I ate in London.

Digestivers.

Nutella isn't English, you jumper-wearing jaffa cake-noshing fag-blaging spanner. :P

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

unknown poster posted:

Walnut Creek.

Oh is that that parking structure off lucust there? There's an orange and black GT3 that parks in there on occasion. Also the louis Vitton R1 hangs around as well.

unknown poster
Aug 4, 2007

TheTrend posted:

Oh is that that parking structure off lucust there? There's an orange and black GT3 that parks in there on occasion. Also the louis Vitton R1 hangs around as well.

yeah, thats the one.

Where are you, by the way? Seems we live in the same area.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

unknown poster posted:

Walnut Creek.

I've also seen this bike around some of the bars at the 580-680 exchange in Pleasanton. Pretty well executed for how gaudy the whole thing is.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

unknown poster posted:

yeah, thats the one.

Where are you, by the way? Seems we live in the same area.

I live in San Ramon, Walnut creek is the only have decent place with bars around me so I make the trip up there every now and then.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Mike Alessi crash at Red Bud. Injuries include: two fractured scapula, one broken rib, a bruised lung and a concussion.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

bung posted:

Mike Alessi crash at Red Bud. Injuries include: two fractured scapula, one broken rib, a bruised lung and a concussion.

:psypop:

I really don't know if there is poo poo you can do about that...even if the red flag comes out instantly, he's in the blind spot right over the hill.

Glad he's mostly ok though...jesus.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
The flagger was right there on the crest of that jump, he should have been way more aggressive in getting guys to slow down. I would have thrown my rear end right in the middle of that crest if I saw some guy being run over.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
some pics of us fitting up the new subframe for my buddy's blade, just back from being blasted and zincked, he gave it a few coats of black paint. now we're just waiting for the R1 tailpiece to come back from the painters and i can get it out of my garage

check out our professional spraybooth

meh, no ones going to see it

fit up is nice, note battery box made from an old toolbox

seat on and wiring/shock reservoir/battery box out of the way

back into my tidy garage until the fairings and front mudgaurd arrive

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://www.enzyme-design.com/icare.html

1800cc I6, I think...my french is very poor. Cool concept, for sure.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Great video of some guy's travels across Texas, set to the tune of Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scjb_f95diA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anuv
Apr 4, 2008

by Fragmaster
http://www.break.com/index/burnout-in-the-living-room.html

hael yeah bro *high fives*