Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacepirate
Feb 7, 2005
Yarr mateys!

Anuv posted:

http://www.break.com/index/burnout-in-the-living-room.html

hael yeah bro *high fives*

I like how he just put the kickstand down and assumedly walked away from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

spacepirate posted:

I like how he just put the kickstand down and assumedly walked away from it.

Dude he was losing his buzz and had to grab another brewski!

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Just chillin' on the highway

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I would love to drive or ride on a highway like that

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

Anuv posted:

Oh god that poor motorcycle :smith:

Also, I got drunk once and did a burnout in my old apartment (hardwood floors) with my R1, which was being stored inside. Nowhere near that though. Seemed like an awesome idea at the time...

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Why do they even bother painting lane markers there? Every single car that passed them was straddling lanes when they did it.

The only possible explanation is that the motorcyclist was texting a suicide note to his girlfriend.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Anuv posted:

I need to save this next time my friend thinks its a great idea to buy a house to rent to college kids.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Spa Francorchamps Biker Classic

more pics form the event

:whatup:

bung fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 12, 2008

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY
Interesting cold air intake this guy has going on here.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
His bike reminded me of Guile.

SONIC BOOM

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I bet that poo poo would sound pretty badass at WOT

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
looks like it's mad and it's trying to punch someone but it can't because of its itty bitty tyrannosaur arms

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric
Oh god that looks awesome, I'm laughing at it right now, but honestly I would love to have a bike that looked that bad-rear end. Probably sounds monstrous too.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
lol wut

Click here for the full 1600x1067 image.

^^I think this where where they filmed Brokeback MTN^^

I did 120 miles offroad with a local dual sport club on Saturday, had a blast. I cannont believe how many miles of FS roads are right in my backyard. I gotta get a better GPS, cause while I have a really good perception of where I can and how to get back, I could get lost easy somewhere between Idaho and Montana.

Click here for the full 1600x1067 image.

mutt2jeff fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 14, 2008

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

600RR vs Coyote

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.
So who won?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

WOW, I cant believe you ripped it clean in half!!

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Phat_Albert posted:

WOW, I cant believe you ripped it clean in half!!

Not mine.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=108176

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Either way, thats amazing. I cant believe he didnt lay the bike down, especially with that boogered wheel, and cracked fork body.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

Either way, thats amazing. I cant believe he didnt lay the bike down, especially with that boogered wheel, and cracked fork body.

Also the front wheel going into the drat radiator! Jesus christ.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Posted this in the wrong thread... i suck.

It was Ride to Work Day on Wednesday and most of the riders at work parked in front of the building. Can barely see my bike in the picture, just the headlight is visible as the second bike on the left.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
A cool little two stroke I saw parked outside Advance Auto Parts. Never heard of Tomos before.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

`Nemesis posted:

A cool little two stroke I saw parked outside Advance Auto Parts. Never heard of Tomos before.

You mean you've never seen Throw a Kit?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Zenaida posted:

No, but that's loving hilarious. Thanks.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
all of a sudden i like mopeds and rap

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

all of a sudden i like mopeds and rap

Seconded. It was linked many pages ago in this thread, and it made me want a moped more than I ever thought possible.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
i have the sudden urge to 'throw a kit' on my GS500.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Zenaida posted:

Can one of those get up to 45 mph? If so, I am going to start looking for one.

Hot Buttered
Apr 27, 2008

...check it and see!

bung posted:

KTM RC8 video

Holy hell. Thanks for this. Just about gave me goosebumps.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Throw a Kit is probably my favorite music video of the day. Thank you.

And to contribute, I put on a new exhaust yesterday :)

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Uthor posted:

Can one of those get up to 45 mph? If so, I am going to start looking for one.

You can get them up to like 60-70mph with a few mods. The only real limiting factor is how much you want to spend.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Dynoed my 636 today

105.1 horsepower. It was 80 degrees out and very humid. The dyno seemed to be reading about 8-9% low compared to magazine numbers. A friend of mine had his 2005 CBR 600RR up there and it made 96 HP

An old Challenger/Charger caught on fire on the dyno just before my run, that was interesting.

peengers
Jun 6, 2003

toot toot
So I'm talking to my brother about my new bike and since I live in florida I'm telling him that I hope I don't get hit by some bluehaired 80 year old new york human being pulling out of a cracker barrel. I hear someone snicker behind me while I'm in line and turn around, only to see a guy with horrible road rash on his right arm, leg, and hand.

You guessed it, it was some old bluehair that hit and ran on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCVYX44Qv6A

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I1VLT82C7cA

Video of the run

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
A long time ago, someone asked z3n what camera system he was using. Being fairly impressed with the video quality and very impressed with the price, I bookmarked it. Last week I finally decided to buy it, and it was delivered today. I had it dropped off at work and fiddled with it there, and shot my first riding video on the way home. I am pretty impressed with the image quality, especially as dark as it was, and with how well it handled the light transitions. Wiring is a mess though, and the system is pretty bulky. As suggestions on how to quite the audio down? I had the mic in a zipped up pocket in my jacket to stop the wind from hitting it directly, and it seems to work pretty well up till about 70 mph.

Also, I am trying vimeo instead of youtube right now, not impressed so far, very buggy.
http://vimeo.com/1393202

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Possibly put a foam/fur cover over the mic? Thats what I see on boom mics that are used outside for news stations and things like that. While in your pocket, I bet the mic was picking up the sound of the wind hitting your pocket.

I think the key is to put a foam/fur cover on it, and hide it somewhere like behind bodywork or something where it will not be subjected to full speed winds, and let the mic cover take care of the slower winds it experiences behind cover.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

mutt2jeff posted:

Also, I am trying vimeo instead of youtube right now, not impressed so far, very buggy.
http://vimeo.com/1393202

Vimeo really, really doesn't like opera. I've had good luck with it in firefox, though, even though the upload and convert times are a bit long.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Well, it does have a foam cover on it already, maybe I need to try and find something a little more dense. It might work nicer if I have it in a backpack instead of on the front of my body.

I tried uploading to youtube after Vimeo, just to see the difference. The youtube video turned out awful, like half the frames were dropped. No idea why except the maybe it didnt like the file type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9QKNyCU1BA

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Not bad for a summer and a half of riding....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey, at least one of those miles is mine.