Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ezell nym posted:

Listening to Adam's rant about religion on the 3-14-2004 show. Hilarious. Anyone know anymore good Adam rants?

Right after Tori Amos leaves the studio (2001 ep), he goes on a rant about prisoners. It's quite good. Look for 2001 shows with Tori Amos, its right after Ozzy was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Are there any pictures of Engineer Chris? I've always had a soft spot for the scamp, and I'm curious as to what he looks like.

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster
The 2004-04-15 show with Jeremy Piven features the most unbelievable novelty pot laugh from a caller at about 01:19:00. Carolla doesn't even believe it.

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?
(c) A driver facing a steady red arrow signal shall not enter the intersection to make the movement indicated by the arrow and, unless entering the intersection to make a movement permitted by another signal, shall stop at a clearly marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication permitting movement is shown.

It seems ambiguous at first just because of all the commas and extra clauses, but break it down to the basics and it's:

"A driver facing a steady red arrow signal shall not enter the intersection to make the movement indicated by the arrow and shall stop at a clearly marked limit line ... until an indication permitting movement is shown."

The extra stuff is just like someone said, if there's a cop waving you through or whatever.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Wow, the 2003-2-27 show with Dicky Barrett from the Mighty Mighty Bosstones is just awesome. It's the first show I've heard with anyone from that band and the relationship between Dicky and Drew and Adam is great, and there are several really great jags, and the last bit with the penis training was just loving hysterical. 'When he comes to fast you gotta squirt his balls with a squirt gun'. Going to be on the lookout for Dicky or Bosstones shows now, almost as great a guest as DAG.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Double Post.

Minerva
May 13, 2004
RAWR!
Is the archive site down for anybody else?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Minerva posted:

Is the archive site down for anybody else?

Yeah, seem dead.

Haplo26
Nov 16, 2007
Abberach
Anyone know anywhere else to download shows? About to roadtrip.

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

Haplo26 posted:

http://www.lovelinecentral.com/mp3/ has (I think) every show that lovelinearchive has, and then some. Several of the pre-2000 episodes have 128kbps bit rates and stereo sound and the difference is astounding.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
^^drat son ;)

Haplo26 posted:

Funny, I came to ask the same thing. Hell, I'd settle for just a random grabbing of shows, I'm in more dire need because of a flying trip in coach :(.

Minerva
May 13, 2004
RAWR!

Peppermate posted:

http://www.lovelinecentral.com/mp3/ has (I think) every show that lovelinearchive has, and then some. Several of the pre-2000 episodes have 128kbps bit rates and stereo sound and the difference is astounding.

Thanks man, much appreciated.

Haplo26
Nov 16, 2007
Abberach
Thank you guys very much!

Also, if you are ever really strapped for episodes, you can find the comprehensive torrent of all the loveline shows somewhere on google (Or a torrent tracker) and just choose to download one or two shows.

Haplo26 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 11, 2008

herf
Mar 28, 2008

He has it all, yes he does. He knows how to please in every detail. He can do more than you'd ever imagine, and do it with style. He does it with me. Oh yes he does.
My absolute favorite show is 9/04/2000. Adam's biggest farting night and Drew's reactions are loving hilarious.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Haplo26 posted:

Thank you guys very much!

Also, if you are ever really strapped for episodes, you can find the comprehensive torrent of all the loveline shows somewhere on google (Or a torrent tracker) and just choose to download one or two shows.

I run Lovelinecentral.com, and it shouldnt be going down any time soon, all being well. no bandwidth limits, so work away with it

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Rushmore posted:

I run Lovelinecentral.com, and it shouldnt be going down any time soon, all being well. no bandwidth limits, so work away with it

Awesome, litter it with anything you can to make money aside from malware or other crap. I'll replace my bookmark.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You're a trooper, Rushmore. :patriot:

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 12, 2008

Dr. Who
Aug 21, 2007

by Ozma
How can I put Loveline on my Ipod? I download it and put it in Itunes, but when I try to put in the Ipod, it won't let me.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rushmore posted:

Do you ever consider giving out ftp access for a couple of days to friendly goons with animated television show character names?

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

Dr. Who posted:

How can I put Loveline on my Ipod? I download it and put it in Itunes, but when I try to put in the Ipod, it won't let me.

Can you go into detail about what "won't let me" means? Error message? Can't find them? I almost always listen on my iPod, so it's not an inherent issue; they are just mp3s. Under your iPod menu is "Sync only checked songs and video" checked? If it is, are the episodes in iTunes checked?

One thing I always do is add an album title for my episodes in Itunes since I sort by album, maybe you just to need something similar to find them yourself?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I just listened to a show where they had a ghost guy on and Adam said "blablabla the last time we had a psychic on - me and this chick ended up arguing for the whole show." Anyone know the episode?

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

jyrka posted:

I just listened to a show where they had a ghost guy on and Adam said "blablabla the last time we had a psychic on - me and this chick ended up arguing for the whole show." Anyone know the episode?

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/2002/Loveline%20-%202002-02-14%20Psychic%20Lisa%20Mateo.mp3 is the only other psychic guest I could find.

actually I take that back, http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/1990s/1998/Loveline%20-%201998-11-XX%20Sloppy%20Joe%20Night(Psychic%20caller).mp3 he argues with a psychic caller in this one

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
In the last week or so on the adam carolla show, he went on like a 20 minute rant about mexicans and immigration, but I can't remember which day or segment it was in, can anyone help me out?

edit. found it. It was How Say You? on 7/08/08, and is deliciously ignorant.

Maarak fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 15, 2008

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Maarak posted:

edit. found it. It was How Say You? on 7/08/08, and is deliciously ignorant.

This really stinks about most of Adam's rants. For every time he really shows someone up there are 2 times where he is just talking out of his rear end. I love his ability to improvise too much to stop listening though.

Dr. Who
Aug 21, 2007

by Ozma

WDIIA posted:

Can you go into detail about what "won't let me" means? Error message? Can't find them? I almost always listen on my iPod, so it's not an inherent issue; they are just mp3s. Under your iPod menu is "Sync only checked songs and video" checked? If it is, are the episodes in iTunes checked?

One thing I always do is add an album title for my episodes in Itunes since I sort by album, maybe you just to need something similar to find them yourself?

It says it can't support the format.

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

Dr. Who posted:

It says it can't support the format.

I'd try converting the loveline files into .mp3 through iTunes, and then try to put them on the iPod again. It's possible that you downloaded them as some other format on accident or something.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Judakel posted:

This really stinks about most of Adam's rants. For every time he really shows someone up there are 2 times where he is just talking out of his rear end. I love his ability to improvise too much to stop listening though.

I feel like he's a great example of someone who's very intelligent, but his parents and teachers failed to educate him properly. He's mentioned many times having serious issues with reading and math, stemming from going to a hippy school for most of his formative years and never learning the basics. I have to imagine this turned him off to school in general.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 1, 2014

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma
From the Loveline Companion:

Anderson

No luck finding a picture of Chris

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
I stumbled across the first Chief Thunderbear episode, the one that the cartoon is based on.

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202004-05-26.mp3

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

Judakel posted:

I enjoy most of his rants, but the only one I can't stand is when he starts talking about the magic truth detector that will instantly fix the legal system.

Kajookey
Aug 23, 2003
party in a can

Dr. Who posted:

If you didn't rename the files, can probably find them looking under "songs," where they will most likely be sorted at the very bottom, just under "Ziggy Stardust" by David Bowie.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Bender posted:

I enjoy most of his rants, but the only one I can't stand is when he starts talking about the magic truth detector that will instantly fix the legal system.

I get very bored with that one but I did enjoy the transition he made once from a truth detector rant to a girl's yeast infection:

Caller: "My coochy feels like its on fire."

Adam: "My machine could solve this."

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004
The episode with the vampiresses Gentry and Dida is hilarious because Adam unrelentingly insults them throughout the show and they start to sputter and try to get back at him and fail miserably. And when they laugh my hair stands up. These chicks are grade a crazy.

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202002-06-04%20(Guest%20-%20vampiresses%20Gentry%20&%20Dida).mp3

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 1, 2014

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I've never listened to a DAG episode before ever and I've been laughing for about 45 minutes straight.

04-03-01 for reference

Thanks again for the awesome archiving, Rushmore!

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Bender posted:

You should listen to the first ~9 minutes of the second hour of the 7-18-08 episode where Penn Jillette tries to explain why, even if it worked, it wouldn't be the panacea Adam thinks.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

Malachi Constant posted:

You should listen to the first ~9 minutes of the second hour of the 7-18-08 episode where Penn Jillette tries to explain why, even if it worked, it wouldn't be the panacea Adam thinks.

Do you mean on TACS or Loveline? If it's TACS, does Adam actually listen?

For someone so staunchly atheistic, it's hard to believe he puts so much faith in a magical truth-telling device.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Bender posted:

Do you mean on TACS or Loveline? If it's TACS, does Adam actually listen?

For someone so staunchly atheistic, it's hard to believe he puts so much faith in a magical truth-telling device.

It's on TACS, and I'm not quite sure Adam understood Penn's point, or if he simply refused to believe it. That whole episode is great, and worthy of a listen btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
Here's a link to Adam's new show:

http://www.971freefm.com/pages/podcast/43.rss

Yeah, the entire exchange with Penn was good but when Penn refuted Adam it was great.

• Locked thread