Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time

goon unit zappa posted:

Ok, I'm after a song from either 1998 or 1999.

It was played quite often on "WJRR" in Orlando, an FM rock station, which if I recall correctly would often play bands like Marcy Playground, Oleander, Our Lady Peace, Collective Soul, Candlebox, etc. (for reference of the style/genre).

The song I'm after has a lyric in the chorus about a kaleidoscope, and I have this lingering feeling that it mentions a color... something like "rose-colored" or "green-tinted."

It's been one of those little things bugging me for years now. Thanks!

edit: It's not Sevendust - Beautiful.

Not sure about the kaleidoscope bit, but maybe Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0O9uNvoMec

Johnny Future fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 14, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

sund posted:

Second one sounds a bit like Memory Loss by Deltron 3030. That's if it was a rap song.

it was indie music probably, and it was a local college radio station

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Omegaslast posted:

i heard a song recently on the local college radio station and it sounded SORT OF like bloc party

i didnt have a god drat pen with me otherwise i would have written down the lyrics and probably easily identified the song

i think the lyrics were something like

"call me when you get back, when you have time time" and then another one was "ill be fine"

it also had some guy in the background repeating "GO!....... GO!........ GO!........." during the chorus.

i found this

its "faker - this heart attack (miami horror remix)"

google it to find it, i dont think you can legally purchase it anyways. i think its a pretty good song

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elentor posted:

Found it

Help anyone? :smith:

Elentor fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 18, 2009

IIPunnII
Nov 4, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Can anyone tell me what the song/songs in this video are named?

http://www.vimeo.com/1333289

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
What's this 80s song that you hear 33 seconds into this movie trailer (Space Chimps)

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Axel F...aka The Beverly Hills Cop theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1pbPsl9RIo

Vesuro
Jul 16, 2008

by The Finn
I got an obscure one, heard it a couple of years ago on Channel U.

It's a British rap tune.

The only lyric I remember is 'I guess it's just me and the girls' and the video is basically a couple of girls ask the rapper to find a friend to take around their house for sexytime, but he finds excuses not to ask any of them so he can have them to himself.

Emuzor
Apr 25, 2008

I'm sorry, I believe I ordered the cunt knuckle dick sandwich
I hope this thread applies for music videos as well. I've searched YouTube many a time but it's rather difficult to find things on there if you don't know the band or song name. This is where you guys will hopefully be able to help me :D

The video consisted of a gang of elderly people (male and female I think) running around acting like 10 year olds. Having play fights with sticks, knocking on peoples doors and running away etc. I think in the end there was a fight between a rival old person gang or something like that. It appeared to be set somewhere in England, possibly in autumn.
I'm pretty certain the beginning of the song had a piano intro somewhat similar to My Chemical Romances' "The Black Parade".
The song itself was quite mellow, in the same sort of category as The Postal Service or Bright Eyes. I remember seeing the video quite a bit on tv about two years ago, if that helps at all.

I really hope someone can work this out for me :(

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Emuzor posted:

I hope this thread applies for music videos as well. I've searched YouTube many a time but it's rather difficult to find things on there if you don't know the band or song name. This is where you guys will hopefully be able to help me :D

The video consisted of a gang of elderly people (male and female I think) running around acting like 10 year olds. Having play fights with sticks, knocking on peoples doors and running away etc. I think in the end there was a fight between a rival old person gang or something like that. It appeared to be set somewhere in England, possibly in autumn.
I'm pretty certain the beginning of the song had a piano intro somewhat similar to My Chemical Romances' "The Black Parade".
The song itself was quite mellow, in the same sort of category as The Postal Service or Bright Eyes. I remember seeing the video quite a bit on tv about two years ago, if that helps at all.

I really hope someone can work this out for me :(
Hoppipolla, by Sigur Ros?

My question: anyone know what song the beat is from in the first half-minute of this trailer? Every other comment on the video can tell you the other songs are 'Satan Said Dance' by Clap Hands Say Yeah and 'The Rules' by Ben Kweller, but I'm interested in that first beat.

Coal
Jan 15, 2008
I overcompensate for my tiny penis by stealing games worth less than a cheeseburger on a phone worth 400 cheeseburgers.
I was hanging out with a few friends of mine and one put on a CD he had made. One track caught my ear... it was some sort of electronica with a sample from 2 Live Crew's (I think) "Pop That Pussy". The sample was just repeating "doo doo brown". I've tried to find it but to no avail.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
five years ago I made a copy of a cd and didn't keep any information on the songs. I've subsequently lost my copy and can't find the cd at the library. The cd was full of classical music. The two songs I remember are Pachelbel's canon in D and Mozart's Requiem. The actual song I want is a dramatic song with violins playing the melody. The first beats are DAAA duh duh doe daDA da. I think it might be a violin concerto, but I've listened to all the obvious choices and can't find it.

One idea I got was to just find the cd again, but I can't on amazon. Are there any databases that would keep track of cds, even if they are out of print?

I didn't even think of asking SA for help until just now, so anything would be appreciated.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

jeff8472 posted:

Axel F...aka The Beverly Hills Cop theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1pbPsl9RIo

Ah, of course. I feel silly now. Thanks

Idle Conquest
Jun 11, 2008

by Fragmaster
pretty goddamn obscure, but its some jingly tune that sounds kind of similar to the mall one from dawn of the dead, and i heard it in some store a while ago and can't remember. that's about the most descriptive I an get

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

snookieofaegis posted:

One idea I got was to just find the cd again, but I can't on amazon. Are there any databases that would keep track of cds, even if they are out of print?

You could try http://www.gracenote.com/ which is the proprieter of CDDB (Compact Disc Database), but I'm not sure how handy that is because I'm not familiar with how easily you can search in the context of trying to find out what albums a classical tune is on. Worth a try though, I think.

Feb 2, 2005
I've got on that's been bugging me for well near a decade. This was a real popular ambient track in the 90's and I remember hearing it on compilation CD commercials around 1993-4. There's a single woman singing the verse and then a women's chorus singing the chorus. The verse is slightly subdued but the chorus is big and bombastic, fully orchestrated, the works. I've heard it many places but none where I could get my hands on the name. I've recorded myself singing the verse and the chorus. Any help would rock. Please excuse my singing and my microphone.

This is what I think the verse sounds like:

This is what I think the chorus sounds like:

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.

Velocirocktor posted:

You could try http://www.gracenote.com/ which is the proprieter of CDDB (Compact Disc Database), but I'm not sure how handy that is because I'm not familiar with how easily you can search in the context of trying to find out what albums a classical tune is on. Worth a try though, I think.

Yay! I figured it out!

Adagio in G minor by Albinoni

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

ScreinNaimme posted:

I've got on that's been bugging me for well near a decade. This was a real popular ambient track in the 90's and I remember hearing it on compilation CD commercials around 1993-4. There's a single woman singing the verse and then a women's chorus singing the chorus. The verse is slightly subdued but the chorus is big and bombastic, fully orchestrated, the works. I've heard it many places but none where I could get my hands on the name. I've recorded myself singing the verse and the chorus. Any help would rock. Please excuse my singing and my microphone.

This is what I think the verse sounds like:

This is what I think the chorus sounds like:

I'm pretty sure without even listening to your recordings that the track you're looking for is "Adiemus" by "Adiemus". Excellent track, it's moved me to buy pretty much their entire discography and find even more incredible pieces by them.

Edit: Listened to the recordings, that's it all right. Your singing is pretty spot on for someone singing it from memory and only knowing it from commercials :) If you happen to want recommendations for more amazing amazing tracks by them let me know.

Edit: On a side note, it bugged me for nearly a decade as well! I first heard it on the Pure Moods commercials when I was like eight, and then finally found it just a few years back. I still remember hearing the song in full for the first time :)

blinkeve1826 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 8, 2019

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I've got this song stuck in my head... sort of. More like part of it.
I'm almost positive the guy singing is Eddie Vedder, and the main chorus has this drawn out, dramatic guitar playing.

I think it might be a recent single, maybe some sort of collaboration with a guitarist? I heard it on the most commercialized rock station we've got locally, so it's not going to be obscure at all, but can't figure out what the song is. Been wiki-ing and youtubing for too long, help me out.

Could be an older song, but I think I've heard it on the radio a few times and it sounds like it was produced recently.

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

Coal posted:

I was hanging out with a few friends of mine and one put on a CD he had made. One track caught my ear... it was some sort of electronica with a sample from 2 Live Crew's (I think) "Pop That Pussy". The sample was just repeating "doo doo brown". I've tried to find it but to no avail.

Busy P - Chop Suey

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
basically this:
http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe70s/bbs0/webBBS_761.shtml

I heard it on a country station, and I normally hate country, but this was pretty catchy.

also: any luck on my previous inquiry? here it is again as a refresher:

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
I heard this song on the radio, a male singer, indie sound, lyrics about learning from KRS One.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

ChaosTheory posted:

basically this:

I heard it on a country station, and I normally hate country, but this was pretty catchy.

also: any luck on my previous inquiry? here it is again as a refresher:

Didn't see you mention it by name so in case you didn't know, the song being remixed is the Charleston. This isn't the same remix as the one you're looking for but think of it as a consolation prize of sorts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r21aSXvhP7s&feature=related

SHOPPA 4 LYFE
Jun 1, 2008

Remember
That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arms
And my roots will set off to seek another land
Couldn't find a tracklisting of DJ Mehdi's Vienne Mix (it was posted in the Ed Banger podcast).
The song starts around 3:00, and repeats lyrics of "Get on down" "She wants to get on down" etc.
I'm really liking the vibe from that song, anyone know what it is?

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

threefive posted:

I heard this song on the radio, a male singer, indie sound, lyrics about learning from KRS One.

Was there scratching? Sublime - KRS-One?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

sund posted:

Was there scratching? Sublime - KRS-One?

That's the song, I only caught a bit of it and was very confused. Thanks.

dAPER
Apr 21, 2005

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats
Discovery Channel ran this commercial for their newest season of shows. It has a bunch of clips from their various top shows, and there's a sort of drum and bass/techno thing going on in the background. I remember there being a vocal as well, but it was very subtle. I can't for the life of me find a video of the commercial on YouTube or Discovery's site. The commercial ran for the last couple weeks or so, but I haven't seen it recently. I really like the song in the background, it's super catchy. Any ideas?

edit: Finally found it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_mS9BNi3lE My question was answered! It's Ain't Nothing Wrong With That by Robert Randolph & The Family Band.

dAPER fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 18, 2008

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

dAPER posted:

there's a sort of drum and bass/techno thing going on in the background.

I'm glad you found the song and all, but you think that's drum n bass, really?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

ChaosTheory posted:

basically this:

Melba Montgomery and Charlie Louvin - I'm Gonna Leave You from 1971 perhaps?

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
The remixed song, from the sample, is in the style of the charleston, but isn't really the actual song. As far as I can gather. Thanks for the link

ChaosTheory fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 19, 2008

The Asian Cheech
Feb 8, 2006

edit - gonna try to get a better sounding example

The Asian Cheech fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 25, 2010

Abortion is Murder
Apr 4, 2005

ATTN any lurkers reading this: buy/make me a good avatar and ill adopt you probably
Got a handful of these

First is one where the hook is like "you gonna call me your daddy" and it's a very jazzy, almost r & b esque rap song. I think, but I'm not sure, it's by the Mob Figaz or a similar Bay Area rap group (altough I've searched practically every song made by Mob Figaz and none of them seem like the one I'm looking for)

Another one is a guy rapping about tequila, which he refers to as "that drat ta-kill-ya" a few times.

Last is one from the mid-90's that starts out (this is spoken, not rapped) "Uhhhhnnnn, remember me, I'm going to take you back" and the only other thing I remember is the artist referencing "chocolate thighs" at some point

Rivfader posted:

Perhaps Blue Boy - Remember Me?

Doesn't match the description exactly but it's worth a shot.

That's not it. The rapper in the intro is really deep voiced, like Big Pun, although I don't think it's him. Thanks for helping though

Abortion is Murder fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 19, 2008

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

Abortion is Murder posted:

Last is one from the mid-90's that starts out (this is spoken, not rapped) "Uhhhhnnnn, remember me, I'm going to take you back" and the only other thing I remember is the artist referencing "chocolate thighs" at some point

Perhaps Blue Boy - Remember Me?

Doesn't match the description exactly but it's worth a shot.

Sinusoid
Aug 20, 2007
Math LOL!
I head this on Pandora a few days ago but I can't get it to come up again. It's a synth pop song with a guy saying "You're gonna die" followed by a chick-synth voice saying "I'm gonna ki-ill you." I know it sounds terrible but it's catchy. Google has been no help... any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind. It was Nowhere to Run by Stegosaurus Rex.

Sinusoid fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 23, 2008

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
I have an issue with scanning when I search the internet and wanted to find out what two songs were.

#1 The song on the Pineapple Express Trailer

#2 The song Sam Rockwell dances to in Charlie's Angels thats begins with the Godzilla theme

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

HatchetDown posted:

I have an issue with scanning when I search the internet and wanted to find out what two songs were.

#1 The song on the Pineapple Express Trailer

#2 The song Sam Rockwell dances to in Charlie's Angels thats begins with the Godzilla theme

#1 M.I.A. - Paper Planes http://youtube.com/watch?v=7sei-eEjy4g

#2 Pharaohe Monch - Simon Says http://youtube.com/watch?v=vMFiO6oMAJ0

I was right. :D

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 20, 2008

slow crow
Sep 29, 2007
C

slow crow fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 12, 2013

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

#1 M.I.A. - Paper Planes http://youtube.com/watch?v=7sei-eEjy4g

#2 Pharaohe Monch - Simon Says http://youtube.com/watch?v=vMFiO6oMAJ0

I was right. :D

Thanks very much, I appreciate it!

Impulsive
Nov 15, 2005

Ding! Ding! Ding!
This song just recently re-appeared in my head, and I can't remember what the hell it is. I can only remember the chorus-ish party, it went:

"Ride ride, baby, ride ride....blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure the word there is ride, but it could be something else.

Any help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Impulsive posted:

This song just recently re-appeared in my head, and I can't remember what the hell it is. I can only remember the chorus-ish party, it went:

"Ride ride, baby, ride ride....blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure the word there is ride, but it could be something else.

Any help?

'Round Round' by The Sugababes?