Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Shalinor posted:

The gist of it was that the kid thought his family was completely normal, hits somewhere around puberty (12-ish I assume?), and then he starts growing horns and - on my! - his family has a history of this. Or he was fated to become a demon, because his parents made a pact. Or something.

At this point, the movie gets bizarre, with actual demons walking around the house and... some kind of portal? Either the house ends up in the demon realm, or they find a door, or some other odd melding allows the kid to wander around some demon-ish realm at some point.

Mind that the demon realm isn't horror movie, we're talking... well, a lot like Little Monsters actually. That same kind of "this would be scary if the lighting weren't in pastels / bright colors" monsters meant to be bizarre or comical rather than particularly scary.

Then cue 80's plot that I'm certain involved an upbeat musical number, and the kid is cured, and... something. I know they went the route of trying to cure the kid, but past that, I can't recall how it ended.

Also, there might have been an 80's musical number involving the song "Monster Mash" while cuts flashed by of demons wandering around the house being comical, but I can't quite remember.
Saturday the 14th Strikes Back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Action Jacktion posted:

Saturday the 14th Strikes Back.
Holy poo poo, this is it. I just had it backwards, everyone BUT the kid starts turning into monsters.

Found a trailer too: http://www.videodetective.com/titledetails.aspx?publishedid=2802

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

HoboZero posted:

As some of you may know it's the source image of Donny, the SA Support Robot. A boot design prominently featuring our little buddy here has been entered in the Doc Martens "submit your stupid boot idea" contest, and is currently first out of ~20,000 entries. The designer of the entry has been contacted by the Doc Martens contest overlords in regards to the origin of the image, and finding the movie name or even the studio has been fruitless.

I throw myself upon the mercy of your collective cinematic expertise, in the spirit of across-the-aisle nonpartisan forums assistance.

As an afterthought, I understand that this isn't technically a summary of remembered bits/pieces from a film I saw; however, it does seem to fit in with the "CD helps you identify obscure old poo poo in the name of fun" theme of the thread. If you can help us out there shall be cupcakes for all.
It's from a serial called The Vanishing Shadow.

More pictures:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Dude, you're loving amazing! You get a cupcake in the name of community service. My sincere thanks.

thethuthinnang
Feb 3, 2004

cool as heck
80s horror set in a high school where each room goes into another dimension. They have to fight in the war in one room, robots in another, etc. Throughout the movie they're all trying to make it to some time machine to escape?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
This was either on TCM or AMC

I don't remember much of it but it was set in the Africa and had a cast of a tough guy with a moustache, a younger British guy and a beautiful blond.

One scene had the guy with the moustache just stand there while one of the natives threw spears at him, get progressively closer and closer. I believe when one landed between his legs, he just lit a cigar and the chief looked pleased.

There's another scene where native girls come in and strip the blond (behind a screen) to bath her. The younger British guy comes in and the native girls strip him down to his underwear than chase him out the hut while giggling.

Not much to go on but I was flipping channels.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

thethuthinnang posted:

80s horror set in a high school where each room goes into another dimension. They have to fight in the war in one room, robots in another, etc. Throughout the movie they're all trying to make it to some time machine to escape?

You sure you're not thinking of the Hell sequence and other elements from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

thethuthinnang posted:

There's a fair possibility that this is My Science Project. It's a cornocopia of 80s scenes.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0089652/

thethuthinnang
Feb 3, 2004

cool as heck
That's it. Going to give this a second viewing tonight.

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot
The film I'm looking for
- Is about a ghost ship or some kind of horror taking place on a ship.
- Has a cover very much like the one of 2002's Ghost Ship, except instead of a skull it looks more like jagged edges forming a kind of face. Also instead of having a night backdrop, it looks more like the evening. There may be a lifeboat floating towards it.
- I don't think it's too terribly old: Probably eighties, judging by the film quality.
- Has one scene, I think, where a chick gets covered in some blood somehow a la Carrie.

VVV Yes that's it, thank you very much

stawk Archer fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 21, 2008

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!
Would that be Death Ship?
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0080603/

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
I'm not even sure whether this was a movie or an episode of some show. It was pretty Twilight Zone-ish, but I don't think that's it.

It was about a guy who was crippled, in a wheelchair, and very lonely. He acquires a very lifelike android, with the appearance of a woman, and she/it becomes his only friend. As I recall, at one point he even asks if it's possible to have sex with it, but backs off at the last minute.

Eventually he befriends a real human woman as well, and the robot gets jealous and tries to kill the woman (and possibly the guy as well, don't remember). I think they end up electrocuting the robot somehow, and as it dies it mumbles "I don't want to die" or something like that, which was a typical Twilight Zone moment. It's possible that earlier in the movie the guy is discussing with another man the difference between the androids and humans, and the other guy says "we fear death and they don't" or something. I might have imagined that last part, it's probably been almost 15 years since I saw this.

IKR Keeps Repeating
Apr 6, 2007
~dreamin of a world where everyone is a rational actor, reputation matters, governmental endorsement is what creates monopolistic powers, and the underclass know their place~
I'm looking for something kind of weird. It's actually a VHS tape that came along with a D&D-ish board game I got as a kid, in the mid-'90s. It's about thirty minutes long. It included a scene where bad-CGI skeletons swing in through the windows of a castle on ropes and the team has to fight them off, a couple of guys playing different character classes (a thief, a mage who wore a wolf's head as a hat, a couple of other guys), and a battle in a dungeon with a bright-red CGI half-man half-scorpion. I doubt anyone else has actually seen the thing, but my brother and sister and I watched that video over and over again back then. I can't remember the actual name of the game now, though.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

peer posted:

I'm not even sure whether this was a movie or an episode of some show. It was pretty Twilight Zone-ish, but I don't think that's it.

It was about a guy who was crippled, in a wheelchair, and very lonely. He acquires a very lifelike android, with the appearance of a woman, and she/it becomes his only friend. As I recall, at one point he even asks if it's possible to have sex with it, but backs off at the last minute.

Eventually he befriends a real human woman as well, and the robot gets jealous and tries to kill the woman (and possibly the guy as well, don't remember). I think they end up electrocuting the robot somehow, and as it dies it mumbles "I don't want to die" or something like that, which was a typical Twilight Zone moment. It's possible that earlier in the movie the guy is discussing with another man the difference between the androids and humans, and the other guy says "we fear death and they don't" or something. I might have imagined that last part, it's probably been almost 15 years since I saw this.

Oh, goddammit, I know what you're talking about. I have no clue what it's called, either.
Someone help us! :cry:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

MachineryNoise posted:

Oh, goddammit, I know what you're talking about. I have no clue what it's called, either.
Someone help us! :cry:

If it's black and white, there was a Twilight Zone episode about this, where some guy who was an inmate on a prison planet got a robot companion, who he fell in love with. Eventually, he serves his time or is paroled, but there's only room on the rocket back to earth for him, I can't remember whether he leaves the robot or decides to stay on the prison planet with her.

There's a movie called "Deadly Friend" that sounds kind of like what you are describing but I don't know if anyone was in a wheelchair. Also, the deadly friend was kind of a hybrid of robot and "other".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090917/

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Zwabu posted:

If it's black and white, there was a Twilight Zone episode about this, where some guy who was an inmate on a prison planet got a robot companion, who he fell in love with. Eventually, he serves his time or is paroled, but there's only room on the rocket back to earth for him, I can't remember whether he leaves the robot or decides to stay on the prison planet with her.

There's a movie called "Deadly Friend" that sounds kind of like what you are describing but I don't know if anyone was in a wheelchair. Also, the deadly friend was kind of a hybrid of robot and "other".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090917/

Hmm, I don't think it's any of these :( I am 100% sure the robot dies at the end, and I am 99% sure it was made of only mechanical parts and wasn't a cyborg.

I was probably around 10-12 years old when I watched it, and unsurprisingly the almost-sex scene is the only one that really stuck in my mind. I think the robot was standing in front of the guy, naked, and he reaches out to touch it, and asks a question like "are you able to, uh, well, umm...." and the robot answers "I am programmed to perform any function a human can" or something. Then the guy backs off because hey he wasn't that desperate.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

peer posted:

Hmm, I don't think it's any of these :( I am 100% sure the robot dies at the end, and I am 99% sure it was made of only mechanical parts and wasn't a cyborg.

I was probably around 10-12 years old when I watched it, and unsurprisingly the almost-sex scene is the only one that really stuck in my mind. I think the robot was standing in front of the guy, naked, and he reaches out to touch it, and asks a question like "are you able to, uh, well, umm...." and the robot answers "I am programmed to perform any function a human can" or something. Then the guy backs off because hey he wasn't that desperate.

Two possibilities I can think of:
A movie called Cherry 2000
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0092746/

Or, an episode of The Outer Limits, called Valerie 23
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0667998/

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

IKR Keeps Repeating posted:

I'm looking for something kind of weird. It's actually a VHS tape that came along with a D&D-ish board game I got as a kid, in the mid-'90s. It's about thirty minutes long. It included a scene where bad-CGI skeletons swing in through the windows of a castle on ropes and the team has to fight them off, a couple of guys playing different character classes (a thief, a mage who wore a wolf's head as a hat, a couple of other guys), and a battle in a dungeon with a bright-red CGI half-man half-scorpion. I doubt anyone else has actually seen the thing, but my brother and sister and I watched that video over and over again back then. I can't remember the actual name of the game now, though.
DragonStrike

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Captain Equinox posted:

Or, an episode of The Outer Limits, called Valerie 23
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0667998/

Hah, this is it! Thanks a lot.

bobo2186
Jan 26, 2005

Quitting is easy. I've done it hundreds of times.
I saw this movie a couple years ago on like TNT I think and I've always wanted to know what it was, because it actually seemed really creepy. Sorry my details are a bit vague, but its all I remember.

The people are in a house trying to find these ghosts, but the ghosts end up killing most of them. The one part I remember really well was a part where one of the characters is down where the medical lab was and a crazy doctor ghost thing shows up and kills them. The movie ends with the last surviving person up in one of the peaks of the house. They open up the little door and walk out onto the roof and the sun is out. The movie kind of reminded me of a mix between 'House on Haunted Hill' and 'Thirteen Ghosts' I don't recall any big names being in it that I recognized.

Sorry my details suck, but thats why I have no idea what the movie was.

IKR Keeps Repeating
Apr 6, 2007
~dreamin of a world where everyone is a rational actor, reputation matters, governmental endorsement is what creates monopolistic powers, and the underclass know their place~

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

DragonStrike

gently caress yes. It completely forgot about that floating-head dungeon master guy.

"It uses the most powerful information processor in the world...your brain."

hollowmoon
Jul 21, 2008

Your long lost cousin.

edwinpmanchester posted:

This one is a horror movie, probably from the 70's, that I either saw on TV or my dad rented when I was a kid.. It was either about a haunted house or somebody with psychic powers or something, the only thing I really remember is a death scene involving a woman getting the top of her head cut off by a wall mounted can opener.

If anybody knows, I wanna watch this again just so I can stop thinking about it.

I've been trying to find out the name of this movie FOREVER. I remember seeing it on TV when I was 5 or 6. For the longest time I thought it was Carrie, until I actually saw Carrie again. If it's the same movie I think the lead up to the decapitation was that the psychic girl was walking home with a boy and her mother saw this and was none too pleased. When she slapped the psychic girl she got thrown into the can opener.

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

bobo2186 posted:

The people are in a house trying to find these ghosts, but the ghosts end up killing most of them. The one part I remember really well was a part where one of the characters is down where the medical lab was and a crazy doctor ghost thing shows up and kills them. The movie ends with the last surviving person up in one of the peaks of the house. They open up the little door and walk out onto the roof and the sun is out. The movie kind of reminded me of a mix between 'House on Haunted Hill' and 'Thirteen Ghosts' I don't recall any big names being in it that I recognized.

Are you sure it wasn't House on Haunted Hill? That had the whole medical lab thing (being set in an abandoned insane asylum), and the ending was very similar -- though it was two survivors and the ghostly form of one of the recent victims (Chris Kattan) opened the door for them. But otherwise, the rather distinctive roof ending is like you describe with the peaks of the house and the sun out.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ
Dec 16, 2006

save the cheerleader
save the guild
Maybe you guys'll be able to help me out on this one, I'm really lacking the detail. A poor family have this wild black horse, but due to their financial poverty, they have to sell it to a rich family. The only other thing I remember is that the horse always shows up when the kid is done in school, and the kis rides him home everyday. That's all I can remember. Sound familiar to any of you?

I saw it a few years ago, but I think it was made years and years before that - perhaps in the 70s/80s?

ZZZZZZZZZZZ fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 21, 2008

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
There was a movie I was basically obsessed with as a kid but have since forgotton the title - It involved a young kid inheriting a Major League Baseball team (from recollection, it was the Phillies) from his great uncle. All I remember is that he sacked the unpopular head coach and got them to the world series only to lose on the final play because of a Ken Griffey Jr catch.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Adrianics posted:

There was a movie I was basically obsessed with as a kid but have since forgotton the title - It involved a young kid inheriting a Major League Baseball team (from recollection, it was the Phillies) from his great uncle. All I remember is that he sacked the unpopular head coach and got them to the world series only to lose on the final play because of a Ken Griffey Jr catch.

Little Big League
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110363/

BobbyHorsepower
Oct 23, 2004
Stupid newbies need the most attention.
edit: beaten by seconds

bobo2186
Jan 26, 2005

Quitting is easy. I've done it hundreds of times.

Erasmus Darwin posted:

Are you sure it wasn't House on Haunted Hill? That had the whole medical lab thing (being set in an abandoned insane asylum), and the ending was very similar -- though it was two survivors and the ghostly form of one of the recent victims (Chris Kattan) opened the door for them. But otherwise, the rather distinctive roof ending is like you describe with the peaks of the house and the sun out.

Maybe it was and I was thinking of another movie. I looked it up and I was thinking that the movie I thought it was, was "The Haunting". That would make sense then, why when I thought the movie was "The Haunting", when it was really "House on Haunted Hill" the whole time. Wow I feel dumb.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

bobo2186 posted:

Maybe it was and I was thinking of another movie. I looked it up and I was thinking that the movie I thought it was, was "The Haunting". That would make sense then, why when I thought the movie was "The Haunting", when it was really "House on Haunted Hill" the whole time. Wow I feel dumb.

It's an easy mistake to make; The House on Haunted Hill is a 1999 remake of a 1959 film, while The Haunting is a 1999 remake of a 1963 film and was originally titled The Haunting of Hill House.

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ posted:

Maybe you guys'll be able to help me out on this one, I'm really lacking the detail. A poor family have this wild black horse, but due to their financial poverty, they have to sell it to a rich family. The only other thing I remember is that the horse always shows up when the kid is done in school, and the kis rides him home everyday. That's all I can remember. Sound familiar to any of you?

I saw it a few years ago, but I think it was made years and years before that - perhaps in the 70s/80s?

Sounds rather like Gypsy Colt, with Lee Van Cleef as the villian of the piece.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ
Dec 16, 2006

save the cheerleader
save the guild

1 posted:

Sounds rather like Gypsy Colt, with Lee Van Cleef as the villian of the piece.

Wow, thanks a whole lot man, you're right on the money. Would you like an av certificate or something? I'd be more than happy to get you one. You've got no idea how long I've been trying to track that film down.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 22, 2008

Lao Tsu
Dec 26, 2006

OH GOD SOMEBODY MILK ME
What was that movie with Bill Murray in it?

To contribute:

After surgery I think I remember watching a movie with a kid who was travelling looking for parents or something and there was this other kid who was rich and a dick who was like conspiring against him. I'm not entirely sure if it exists since I was drugged up but now I'm curious.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Lao Tsu posted:

After surgery I think I remember watching a movie with a kid who was travelling looking for parents or something and there was this other kid who was rich and a dick who was like conspiring against him. I'm not entirely sure if it exists since I was drugged up but now I'm curious.

My Own Private Idaho?

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ posted:

Wow, thanks a whole lot man, you're right on the money. Would you like an av certificate or something? I'd be more than happy to get you one. You've got no idea how long I've been trying to track that film down.

No problem - no reward needed, just glad to help out someone at the other extreme of the alphanumeric spectrum.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Lao Tsu posted:

This sounds like North.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Fru Fru posted:

This sounds like North.

The movie that infamously made Roger Ebert really angry:

Angry Roger Ebert posted:

I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it.

And with this review, Ebert beat a zillion web trolls to the punch.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
What movie is this from?

It's a brief clip from the music video for Number Of The Beast, of a person dressed as a skeleton or death, shooting a gun from behind a gravestone.

At 2:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUOpUqni0_g

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Topper Harley posted:

Little Big League
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110363/

Thanks a lot :) I'm a little worried about how wrong my details were, though...

Right Brigade
Aug 11, 2007

Pweller posted:

What movie is this from?

It's a brief clip from the music video for Number Of The Beast, of a person dressed as a skeleton or death, shooting a gun from behind a gravestone.

At 2:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUOpUqni0_g

Looks like The Crimson Ghost, an old Republic serial.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038435/

The image of The Crimson Ghost was used by the punk band, The Misfits, on t-shirts, album covers, and other merchandise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Right Brigade posted:

Looks like The Crimson Ghost, an old Republic serial.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038435/

The image of The Crimson Ghost was used by the punk band, The Misfits, on t-shirts, album covers, and other merchandise.

That's totally it, the trailer shows the exact same clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXhEamEVuHc

my favorite part is the plane crashing into the train thanks to the power of the Cyclotrode.
cool.