Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaisleyOrangutan
May 26, 2008

by The Finn
Here's the thing you may have missed about Adam's lie detector:

It's just a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

The Extrapolator posted:

Good Dr. Bruce episode with Cooper Anderson being a pretty good guest. He has some humour that Adam enjoys.

http://shows1.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202001-01-29%20(Dr.%20Bruce%20and%20Guest%20-%20Anderson%20Cooper).mp3

First 15 seconds:
Loveline... COAST TO COAST

Adam: Yeeeessssss it is. I'm uh.. Ada-. Oh, okay. That's fanTASTIC radio, Bruce. Just crumple that bag right on into the microphone there!

Best part of the episode.

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster
Hated that Cooper Anderson episode because of Cooper and Bruce completely going against Adam in his very logical boxer theory.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Graham Wellington posted:

Hated that Cooper Anderson episode because of Cooper and Bruce completely going against Adam in his very logical boxer theory.

Isn't it Anderson Cooper?

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster
Yeah I got turned around with his name because I kept thinking of Anderson.

BTW just listened to the '03 Ralph Garman episode (really good btw) and they talked about Bruce Campbell coming on the show soon. Can't find it on either site, though.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Yeah I got turned around with his name because I kept thinking of Anderson.

BTW just listened to the '03 Ralph Garman episode (really good btw) and they talked about Bruce Campbell coming on the show soon. Can't find it on either site, though.

Yeah, I was excited for that one too, but it seems like he canceled, and Adam never brought it up again.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
Holy fuckin gently caress. I just got an iPhone, and i-. I'm right now listening to TACS live with AOL Radio. For an Australian who dies for LoveLine and TACS-like quality on any of the available stations in my country this is so so good.

Technology RAWKS. Now I just have to find Dr. Drew Live's station and bookmark it too. Awh. Carolla POWER

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

The Pantheon posted:

Holy fuckin gently caress. I just got an iPhone, and i-. I'm right now listening to TACS live with AOL Radio. For an Australian who dies for LoveLine and TACS-like quality on any of the available stations in my country this is so so good.

Technology RAWKS. Now I just have to find Dr. Drew Live's station and bookmark it too. Awh. Carolla POWER

KGIL 1260 AM

http://www.1260.am/index.aspx

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

elwood posted:

KGIL 1260 AM

http://www.1260.am/index.aspx

And I recommend the newly created https://www.drdrewlive.com which has each two hour show as one file with commercials edited out, if you don't want it live. You can stream or download from there.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Adam Carolla is on the B.S. Report on ESPN. It's an hour long of awesomeness:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?context=podcast&id=3500296

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I started getting into Loveline due to the SA thread as I'd never heard of it (Brit Goon) and loved it, except it did what I'm sure happens to most people.. turned me into a drunken rear end in a top hat who started disecting 'odd' relationships of friends. Luckily not whilst they were around, but at parties and stuff. I hope none of them ever heard about it, because everything I said rang true according to the gospel of Drew.

But now things are much worse, after a recent batch of TACS/LL, I've gotten those two words into my non-stop vocabulary.

Good. Times.

The fact that Adam uses it in good and bad situations just doubles up how often I say it. It's only been the last week or two, but it's there, constantly. Normal talking, emails, SMS, it doesn't matter... goddamn you Adam Carolla, my friends probably wonder what the gently caress is up with me.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey, it takes all kinds.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Carolla has been on the BS Report five times and it is A+++ every time

/\/\/\ The only stuff I've really incorporated from the Ace Man is running red lights

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
I've started doing Drew's "ya ya" when he agrees with someone/thing

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I've noticed myself using Drew's frustrated "Up-bup-bup-bup-bup-ba" a couple of times. It sounds only slightly less goofy than it looks when written out.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

EnsGDT posted:

I've started doing Drew's "ya ya" when he agrees with someone/thing

Really, really, really? Ssssssshocking.

Dustin1986
Jul 13, 2006

Malachi Constant posted:

And I recommend the newly created https://www.drdrewlive.com which has each two hour show as one file with commercials edited out, if you don't want it live. You can stream or download from there.

Also iTunes! Easy!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BiscuitErsedRenton posted:

Ssssssshocking.

I do this one way too much.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
When it comes to guests, are there any guests worse than the drunken/high no-name bands who either don't contribute at all, or who make stupid jokes and giggle the entire show?

I can feel the hatred in Adam sometimes.

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag

Bender posted:

When it comes to guests, are there any guests worse than the drunken/high no-name bands who either don't contribute at all, or who make stupid jokes and giggle the entire show?

I'd say over half the guests, drunk band or not, do very little to contribute, most likely from being uncomfortable about the subject matter. I think they understand that, and it just basically turns into a no guest show.

Also I think Adam appreciates giggles, since he often talks about how he is looking at Drew's dead pan face while he's saying hilarious poo poo during no guest shows.

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster

Bender posted:

There's that one band from Hawaii that had a dude with the most awful laugh ever, and they were terrible. Atmosphere was another terrible one, with Bruce in as well.

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.

There's that one band from Hawaii that had a dude with the most awful laugh ever, and they were terrible. Atmosphere was another terrible one, with Bruce in as well.

One of the worst shows is a Dr Bruce one with Unwritten Law as the guests. They are drunk, and completely unfunny.

You can tell throughout the entire show that Adam has absolutely no patience for them.

Kreg
Sep 2, 2006
I like the one with The Darkness, who make a couple stupid jokes and then take off after the first break because they thought the show was going to revolve around them or their music. After they leave Drew reads their bio.. "In an age where bands take themselves too seriously..."

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Anybody who hasn't listened to TACS, you need to download the podcast episodes with the Whez. His revenge for girlfriends dumping him is not only funny as hell, but also genius to boot.

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004

Absolut Mike posted:

One of the worst shows is a Dr Bruce one with Unwritten Law as the guests. They are drunk, and completely unfunny.

You can tell throughout the entire show that Adam has absolutely no patience for them.

Dr Bruce is also even more passive-agressive and annoying than usual, and Adam flies into a rage because of it. And then the band joins into the abuse. It's pretty funny. Unwritten Law is a terrible, terrible band, by the way, to judge by the songs they play during the show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hope they didn't play 'Teenage Suicide' ;)

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
I actually found a category of guest worse than "drunken/high, lovely no-name band", and that's "leftist earth-hippy fag actor". I just heard an episode from 2005 with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and was treated to such gems as "If she likes giving blowjobs to a bunch of men, you have no right to tell her not to." and "You're telling him to take drugs to prevent premature ejaculation? I don't trust drugs." and "Women who can't orgasm just haven't tried masturbating enough."

Of course Drew and Adam immediately rebuffed his terrible advice, but my favorite Adam defense was after Levitt said "I don't trust drugs". Adam just said "Until you get something." which pretty much shut him up.

He was also a terrible promotion whore, turning unrelated conversations around to his movie just so he could mention the title. What a douche.

Luckily, the "leftist earth-hippy fag actor" category didn't show up much on Loveline.

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004
There was one guy from NYPD Blue who said something about not believing in HIV and Adam and Drew both hurriedly changed the subject. I kind of wished they had tortured him for the rest of the show about that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bender posted:

He was also a terrible promotion whore, turning unrelated conversations around to his movie just so he could mention the title. What a douche.

Was that when he was promoting Mysterious Skin? That was an awesome movie that needed everyone involved to promote the hell out of it, given the topic it dealt with (was never going to reach mainstream attention). I like JGL, he's a good actor and seems a nice enough guy.. just poss not the best person to give advice ;)

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Is there any place to downlado the ACS as a single file? Transferring over a bunch of different segment files is really anooying and a lot less convenient.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I've listened to Loveline for almost 9 years now, and have heard almost 50% of the shows, but jesus christ Dana Gould doing Huell Howser on TACS is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

"Now, I'm wearing long-johns... made of his skin!"

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
One of the funniest things I've ever heard on Loveline is when Adam will make an incredibly awkward segue into whatever the guest is promoting right after a completely awful caller. I can't think of a specific example but he'll go from talking about a caller's sexually abusive dad to working in the band's album in the worst way imaginable. It's glorious.

Kickus
Sep 24, 2000

SecretFire posted:

Is there any place to downlado the ACS as a single file? Transferring over a bunch of different segment files is really anooying and a lot less convenient.

Not as annoying as being stuck listening to three Larry Miller segments in a row.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 1, 2014

Jumo
Apr 14, 2004
can't catch the Cactus Gypsy

exponentory posted:

I'm listening to the 12/16/04 episode with Papa Roach, wow it's an absolute mess. I can't believe Anderson or Jr Producer Lauren didn't get fired for this ... anybody know what happened here?

Since when have they ever cared about doing good radio? Anderson is hilarious in that episode though.

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

exponentory posted:

I'm listening to the 12/16/04 episode with Papa Roach, wow it's an absolute mess. I can't believe Anderson or Jr Producer Lauren didn't get fired for this ... anybody know what happened here?

This transcript sums it up pretty well, and is also one of the funniest snippets of Loveline.

(Anderson plays some drop instead of a song)
Adam: Anderson is going insane - yeah he went insane
Papa Roach: It's the last show.
Adam: It is the last show, and it's truly Anderson's last show because he's gonna get fired after this.
Dr. Drew: Here's the comedy: he's drunk, and sort of tripping, and we have a big technical meltdown (laughs)
Anderson: I'm not drunk, and it's not my technicnubble - wha-whatever man it's not my technical meltdown!
Papa Roach: He's having testicle difficulties -
Anderson: I'm not drunk, I'll carry both of you!
Adam: Coincidence?
Lauren or Michelle: I think not!
Adam: That's right
Anderson: It's not my technipple n-nonononono
Papa Roach: He can't even talk dude!
Anderson: I can't cos I'm tired I've been doing this for three weeks
Adam: Tired of doing blow!
Anderson: Tired of listening to you, buddy!

e: Michelle is also drunk

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.
I just got into Top Gear recently. I can't wait to see the US version with Adam as host.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm going to try to get on TACS this morning and ask him about Top Gear.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

The pHo posted:

Was that when he was promoting Mysterious Skin? That was an awesome movie that needed everyone involved to promote the hell out of it, given the topic it dealt with (was never going to reach mainstream attention). I like JGL, he's a good actor and seems a nice enough guy.. just poss not the best person to give advice ;)

It was for that movie, yeah. It may have been good, but he was an awful guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herf
Mar 28, 2008

He has it all, yes he does. He knows how to please in every detail. He can do more than you'd ever imagine, and do it with style. He does it with me. Oh yes he does.

SecretFire posted:

There's a fan that rips them off of Free2HD. They come a little late, but usually he's pretty good about posting them.

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showforum=11

The thread title is always like "June 2008" or in this case, "July 2008". He's got shows for each day within the thread as well as guest lists.

• Locked thread