Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

If I had $20 right now, I'd probably put it towards one of my many bills that I have yet to pay.
Well, I came home from a long day at the office and was greeted with a nice little bubblemailer sitting on my bed. I WONDER WHAT'S INSIDE!?

Oh wow! It's a steel trem block for my lefty MIM Strat! Now I can throw out that lovely zinc (I think) block it came with! The steel one is the one in the back, obviously.

I verified with my dad that it's stainless steel -- it's non-magnetic. And he's been in the tool and die industry for 30 years, so I trust him :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
2 things finally arrived!

A Devi Ever USA: The Bit/Legend of Fuzz pedal and a 4-step sequence/oscillator. The boss pedal is old, ignore it.

Close up of the devi ever:

This pedal is just nasty dirty. Love it so much. Now I just wish I had a nice amp to play it through. 3 years on this little Rocktron...I think next summer is the year to upgrade.

The sequence is all kinds of fun. Messing with the speed and sounds, make some crazy cool noises and it sounds even better through the devi ever pedal.
Yay!
Now to save up for an Alesis Micron...

Altered State
Dec 18, 2006

Thieretical posted:

The Line 6 Flextone III XL, 2x12 and 150W. I'm fresh out of college, thinking of starting a band, and I needed my first big, gig-worthy amp in 12 years of playing. Unfortunately, I'll rarely get to see what this thing is made of outside of practice rooms and gigs... meaning, I want to crank it but I can't. I briefly went through the models tonight and many are promising. I'm mostly getting tired of my Les Paul Studio, I think a Strat would be more 'me'.

Hey man, let me know how this is. A friend of mine is looking to get rid of one of these (a 1X12 version) for a really cheap price, and I might take it off his hands.

Thieretical
Jul 18, 2007

Altered State posted:

Hey man, let me know how this is. A friend of mine is looking to get rid of one of these (a 1X12 version) for a really cheap price, and I might take it off his hands.

Fuckin jump on that. I got it for a steal from a pawnshop (half of list price) and if I didn't plan on performing with it, I would have gone for the 1x12 for the sake of weight. You can't go wrong with this amp as long as you take the time to dial in the right settings. I can't vouch for the I/II versions though, perhaps the modelling was worse back then.. this is a III you're talking about, right?

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?

Altered State posted:

Yeah man definitely get it. I myself have the regular non-Plus version, and for gigging it's just awesome. Whenever it's power does not suffice, I just mic it and hey awesome sound. It's a really great amp.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Thieretical posted:

Fuckin jump on that. I got it for a steal from a pawnshop (half of list price) and if I didn't plan on performing with it, I would have gone for the 1x12 for the sake of weight. You can't go wrong with this amp as long as you take the time to dial in the right settings. I can't vouch for the I/II versions though, perhaps the modelling was worse back then.. this is a III you're talking about, right?

I have the II XL, the modeling seems to be based on the Pod 2.0 whereas the III series looks like it uses PODXT tech.

Thieretical
Jul 18, 2007
That's what I figured, I just don't know what subtantive difference it makes. Probably matters if you're going to record with it, which is what I will do (demos and whatever).

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.
This is from a few weeks ago but I finally got around to taking a picture.

MI Audio Neo Fuzz. For ages I've been all about boosts and overdrives but I have to say a good Germanium fuzz pedal just makes me feel good. The load knob makes it play nicer with humbuckers and I can get some cool spluttery fuzz with the bias know turned down.

It can be a little dark with my Les Paul but adding a little treble boost after it fixes that.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

qball posted:

This is from a few weeks ago but I finally got around to taking a picture.

MI Audio Neo Fuzz. For ages I've been all about boosts and overdrives but I have to say a good Germanium fuzz pedal just makes me feel good. The load knob makes it play nicer with humbuckers and I can get some cool spluttery fuzz with the bias know turned down.

It can be a little dark with my Les Paul but adding a little treble boost after it fixes that.

I have an MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe... they make drat good pedals. I think I may pick up a Crunch Box next.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

FlossMan posted:

I have an MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe... they make drat good pedals. I think I may pick up a Crunch Box next.

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting a Tubezone as well. Have you seen their amp? http://www.miamplification.com/

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

qball posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting a Tubezone as well. Have you seen their amp? http://www.miamplification.com/

Yeah, I'd been following the development of the Revolution for a couple years, and the finished product makes me drool. I'd kill for one, but I just got another amp and couldn't justify/afford one more.

Mr. Wilson
Apr 18, 2008

God of Gape
I don't pay my rent on time, post people's private lives and then expect them to pay for my custom title.

:spergin:
Just got one of these harmonica microphones. Yeyah.

*Apex 127

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER
May 30, 2007

by Fragmaster

ogopogo posted:

Hahaha, how are they not getting sued over this?

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER posted:

Hahaha, how are they not getting sued over this?

parody/satire I imagine.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

ZombiePeanut posted:

parody/satire I imagine.

Nintendo don't let any else away with that, I'd imagine its because Devi sells in such small numbers.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

ogopogo posted:

2 things finally arrived!

A Devi Ever USA: The Bit/Legend of Fuzz pedal and a 4-step sequence/oscillator. The boss pedal is old, ignore it.

Where'd you get that box synth?

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl

the wizards beard posted:

Nintendo don't let any else away with that, I'd imagine its because Devi sells in such small numbers.

They kind of uh... don't have a choice. Parody/satire is a protected class of derivative works in US copyright law.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

ZombiePeanut posted:

They kind of uh... don't have a choice. Parody/satire is a protected class of derivative works in US copyright law.

They've sent cease and desist letters to makers of fan games that should fall under parody or satire.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

They've sent cease and desist letters to makers of fan games that should fall under parody or satire.

And the fans are welcome to ignore the cease and desist letters and let a court decide.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Fair enough, hadn't heard of that happening.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Fair enough, hadn't heard of that happening.

Well that's just because most people get intimidated easily by huge corporations with legal teams that have a huge budget.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Checked eBay this morning and, finally, an EH POG with a Buy It Now that takes Paypal, so I got to use that 20% rebate Live eBay thing. Plus I have a Teaser Stallion that should be coming in the mail any day now!

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

warwick5s posted:

Where'd you get that box synth?

http://thebetatesters.org/

The guy has an eBay store that I bought it from. Very nice dude, refunded my shipping when he got sick and my order was delayed. Maybe not worth the full $130 some odd bucks I paid, but I'm definitely having a fun time with it. Some crazy cool, beautiful analog sounds.

Cynicide
Jun 13, 2002

Born from a wish
I went from thinking about buying a wah wah pedal to buying a Vox AC15CC1

I'd been thinking about getting my first tube amp for a while but I couldn't decide on an amp. When I heard this clean I fell in love with it.

TommyRotten
May 23, 2004
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Not enough synths in this thread.

Bought it off fleaBay...hope to get it by Friday! God this will be so much better than the crappy VST's I've been toying with (though Zebra2 seems promising). I never should have sold my JP8000 and MS2000r a couple of years ago.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Somebody help me, I'm tired of my tone.

I play humbucking guitars through a 100w Ampeg VT-22, basically one of the cleanest, loudest amps ever, and therefor I am forced to use a pedal for crunch.

However, I've come to hate my crunch.

Primarily I will use an overdrive pedal, but my Danelectro Daddy-O sounds too boxy. I hate both my DS-1 and DS-2 distortion pedals, and believe they'll be on their way out soon. My fuzz pedal is just too chunky and low.

What I need is a new overdrive. Sometimes I stick an oscillator pedal in front of my OD pedal, but it thins the sound out too much.

Somebody recommend me something new.

Los Padre
Mar 26, 2007

Los Padre is an interesting and sensitive fellow.

Handen posted:

Overdrive pedals? I've had a fulltone OD-2 (2003, so I assume non-mosfet unless someone knows better) for a while now, and have totally altered my tone several times since then. I keep no more than two fx pedals in my chain, and this one has never left. They're also invincible.
They're hard to find in a shop to test, but imagine a TS808 nearing boutique quality construction with a surprisingly useful compressor and boost setting built in.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Los Padre posted:

Overdrive pedals? I've had a fulltone OD-2 (2003, so I assume non-mosfet unless someone knows better) for a while now, and have totally altered my tone several times since then. I keep no more than two fx pedals in my chain, and this one has never left. They're also invincible.
They're hard to find in a shop to test, but imagine a TS808 nearing boutique quality construction with a surprisingly useful compressor and boost setting built in.

Thanks, Fulltone are one of the companies I've been interested in a while. I want to jump on their overstock liquidation deals sometimes but I can't because they won't ship to Canada. :argh:

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Seriously get a Fulltone OCD. You'll never look back.

Thieretical
Jul 18, 2007

Handen posted:

Thanks, Fulltone are one of the companies I've been interested in a while. I want to jump on their overstock liquidation deals sometimes but I can't because they won't ship to Canada. :argh:

What is this?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
After getting a job I finally understand GAS.

So this is what I'm going to be buying off of a guy nearby in September/October (his pictures not mine):

Engl Powerball V2 :)

Going to buy an Orange 2x12 cab to run it through as well. 4x12 would be too much for what I need right now, but a 2x12 gives me the option of buying a 4x12 later on and then running both of them :c00lbert:

And now its off to work so I can pay for all this stuff :sigh:

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

Handen posted:

I play humbucking guitars through a 100w Ampeg VT-22, basically one of the cleanest, loudest amps ever, and therefor I am forced to use a pedal for crunch.

Primarily I will use an overdrive pedal, but my Danelectro Daddy-O sounds too boxy. I hate both my DS-1 and DS-2 distortion pedals, and believe they'll be on their way out soon. My fuzz pedal is just too chunky and low.

What I need is a new overdrive. Sometimes I stick an oscillator pedal in front of my OD pedal, but it thins the sound out too much.

You might want to try a Blues Driver too. It drives it just enough. I keep one on all the time (with the volume at about 1:00, the mid at about 2:00 and the drive at about 11:00) for my current band, and it sounds great; very full sounding, and it cuts through.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Thieretical posted:

What is this?

Go to the fulltone site, click the product info picture, then click "Blems & other cool stuff for sale!!!"

I've seen a bunch of cool stuff like prototype pedals go for really cheap but it says they'll only ship to the US. :(

HolySwissCheese
Mar 26, 2005
Bixonic Expandora is a very tube screamer-y OD with a lot more high end and more gain options.

It's like a TS-9Deluxe model thing except the different switch settings are better and also does fuzz.

sizemon
Jun 16, 2003

Where would we be without vasoline?
When I woke up today, I had no idea I was getting a new bass. I guess today was just my lucky day! I've been dreaming about this one for a while now, but the music stores in the area don't deal with Steinberger for some reason. However, this puppy was sitting a couple of provinces away and was sent over here just for me. I had to trade in my old bass to be able to afford it, but totally worth it for the quality it has.

My old 5 string would have a very flubby and round sounding low B string, while the higher notes would sometimes disappear on stage, if they weren't being tinny as hell. This one has a nice tight sound to each string while keeping a consistent tone.

sizemon fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jul 29, 2008

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Handen posted:

I recommend trying out the MI Audio Crunchbox and the Fulltone OCD. The Crunchbox is an aptly-named distortion pedal for high-gain amp sounds that you can feed into the clean channel with no problem.

The OCD is more of an overdrive, but can totally get up there once you go past about 2' on the drive knob. It's got tons of sound to it, and is very responsive to playing with dynamics, which I love about it.

They're both fantastic pedals for the money. Like Obamagician!!!!!, after playing with the OCD for one night, I pretty much bolted it to my pedalboard because I knew it wasn't going anywhere. Same goes for the Crunchbox.

sizemon posted:

When I woke up today, I had no idea I was getting a new bass. I guess today was just my lucky day! I've been dreaming about this one for a while now, but the music stores in the area don't deal with Steinberger for some reason. However, this puppy was sitting a couple of provinces away and was sent over here just for me. I had to trade in my old bass to be able to afford it, but totally worth it for the quality it has.

My old 5 string would have a very flubby and round sounding low B string, while the higher notes would sometimes disappear on stage, if they weren't being tinny as hell. This one has a nice tight sound to each string while keeping a consistent tone.

That's awesome, although I can't imagine playing it and NOT wearing sunglasses and a black leather jacket with the collar up around a smoke machine for some reason.

Stux posted:

So this is what I'm going to be buying off of a guy nearby in September/October (his pictures not mine):

Engl Powerball V2 :)

Fuuuuck that's nice. You're going to enjoy the hell out of that.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 29, 2008

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

Stux posted:

Oh wow please tell him to sell me his Framus head. I wish they weren't so expensive :( anyway, my next entry coming in a couple seconds brought to you by GAS

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Ibanez RG2610e. So far, all roads lead back to Ibanez for me. If anyone plans on buying this, I suggest you grab a 2610e and not the 08 model the 2610z. Not only is the Edge pro much more stable, but since its technically an older model, you can get it for a great deal ($700 at Sam Ash) in new condition. This thing sounds much much better than my Gibson Explorer and ESP Eclipse (I blame the EMGs)

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Click here for the full 960x720 image.

The Fog
Oct 10, 2004

-I spent the whole day trying to pull a peanut from that heater vent. Turns out it was just a moth. -How was it? -Dry.

TommyRotten posted:

Not enough synths in this thread.

Bought it off fleaBay...hope to get it by Friday! God this will be so much better than the crappy VST's I've been toying with (though Zebra2 seems promising). I never should have sold my JP8000 and MS2000r a couple of years ago.

I want one of those! How much did you pay for that?
I agree that VSTs are a bit crappy, but there's some really good ones out there, like Sylenth1. Zebra2 as you mentioned is very phat as well. Another popular one in the dance scene is V-station and Z3ta+.
While technically rather a ROMpler than a synth, have you tried Nexus?
Also, has anyone ever noticed that the name Nexus sounds a bit like NEXt virUS? Do you reckon that was on purpose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Hamer777 posted:

Ibanez RG2610e. So far, all roads lead back to Ibanez for me. If anyone plans on buying this, I suggest you grab a 2610e and not the 08 model the 2610z. Not only is the Edge pro much more stable, but since its technically an older model, you can get it for a great deal ($700 at Sam Ash) in new condition. This thing sounds much much better than my Gibson Explorer and ESP Eclipse (I blame the EMGs)

Sup :c00l:

I'm pretty stoked about Ibanez changing the 2008 model bridges, mine was a steal too.

Also, a word of warning if you decide to change the pickup, it's in a ridiculously shallow slot so it likely won't fit anything larger than the TB-10 in there already (as I found out when I went to put an EMG-81 in there :cry: )

Concatenation fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 29, 2008