Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
In the early 90s I watched a movie based on the story of Hansel and Gretel. Wikipedia and IMDB list several movies based on the story and there doesn't seem to be any way of telling which one it was I saw. Perhaps someone can I identify it based on my vague description?

It was in the early 90s, so the film couldn't have been made until about 1992 at the latest-- if I had to guess I'd say the film was probably an 80s production, but I'm not at all sure. (It was in colour, anyway.) To my young self the film seemed quite terrifying, because it added some extra sinister elements to the gingerbread house. Specifically I recall giant gingerbread men lining the path like statues-- but the gingerbread men had people trapped inside, like the wax figures of House of Wax. :-O

Anyone got any idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!
I've got one, but I'm not sure if it's TV or a movie. It's been bugging me for weeks. All I can remember is a character, who is French or Hispanic pronouncing Penelope as "Peen-e-lope".

Please put me out of misery!

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

zombieman posted:

I've got one, but I'm not sure if it's TV or a movie. It's been bugging me for weeks. All I can remember is a character, who is French or Hispanic pronouncing Penelope as "Peen-e-lope".

Broken Lizard's Club Dread

I certainly don't blame you for blocking the rest of the movie from memory. It was such a letdown compared to Super Troopers.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Erasmus Darwin posted:

Broken Lizard's Club Dread

I certainly don't blame you for blocking the rest of the movie from memory. It was such a letdown compared to Super Troopers.

That's the one. Thanks.
I seem to remember enjoying parts of it, but I'll be hosed if I can remember which parts.

Robert_Loggia
Jan 16, 2008

Space.

zombieman posted:

That's the one. Thanks.
I seem to remember enjoying parts of it, but I'll be hosed if I can remember which parts.

The only part that's funny is when they're trying to decipher the lyrics.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Popcorn posted:

In the early 90s I watched a movie based on the story of Hansel and Gretel. Wikipedia and IMDB list several movies based on the story and there doesn't seem to be any way of telling which one it was I saw. Perhaps someone can I identify it based on my vague description?

It was in the early 90s, so the film couldn't have been made until about 1992 at the latest-- if I had to guess I'd say the film was probably an 80s production, but I'm not at all sure. (It was in colour, anyway.) To my young self the film seemed quite terrifying, because it added some extra sinister elements to the gingerbread house. Specifically I recall giant gingerbread men lining the path like statues-- but the gingerbread men had people trapped inside, like the wax figures of House of Wax. :-O

Anyone got any idea?

I vaguely remember this. Are you sure it was a movie or was it part of a show? I kinda get a "Tales from the Darkside" vibe associated with my memories of this.

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:

Popcorn posted:

Anyone got any idea?

This is strange but did it feature babies hatching from red eggs? There was some avant garde fairy tale themed film from a while ago that might have had the eggs and the stuff that you're talking about in it.

If I'm wrong can anyone tell me what I'm thinking of?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

John Q Russia posted:

If I'm wrong can anyone tell me what I'm thinking of?
I think you're thinking of The Company of Wolves. But that doesn't have the gingerbread house/men in.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?
Are you guys thinking of Deadtime Stories?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092850/

Empty_Spaces
Apr 11, 2005
There's a part of a movie that's been in my head for the past few days but I can't remember from which movie it's from.

The main character is stopped in his car at a red light and looks over to the right, where there's a black dude singing extremely enthusiastically to some poppy song playing on the radio. I think he was wearing a suit and glasses, and the way he was singing and looking over at the main character was hilarious.

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Empty_Spaces posted:

There's a part of a movie that's been in my head for the past few days but I can't remember from which movie it's from.

The main character is stopped in his car at a red light and looks over to the right, where there's a black dude singing extremely enthusiastically to some poppy song playing on the radio. I think he was wearing a suit and glasses, and the way he was singing and looking over at the main character was hilarious.

Click? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HAfLo1Pl5w

BrandoButter
Mar 16, 2008
There was this film I saw when I was really young. The only scene is remember is this girl getting chicken blood put on her by a voodoo guy with white face paint on and the whole time she is screaming.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

BrandoButter posted:

There was this film I saw when I was really young. The only scene is remember is this girl getting chicken blood put on her by a voodoo guy with white face paint on and the whole time she is screaming.

I don't recall any particular scene like that, but you might try Live and Let Die or The Serpent and the Rainbow

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

BrandoButter posted:

I haven't seen it for a while now, but I'm pretty sure there's a scene like this in Angel Heart. It could also possibly be The Serpent and the Rainbow.

BrandoButter
Mar 16, 2008
Hm, my mom was (hell, still is) a hippy dippy baby boomer, she probably would have rented anything with the word rainbow in the title. I'm pretty sure it's either that or Live and Let Die. The only way I'll know for sure is if I watch both.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I skimmed through the 58 pages of this thread looking for the movie, but didn't see it; if I missed it, sorry.

I saw this on TV in a hotel room about 12 or 13 years ago, and judging from the violence, it was probably on HBO or similar pay cable channel. From the sets and special effects, it seemed like a lower budget science fiction movie. The few details I remember are that a man was taken over by an alien, and was on a rampage through some kind of space station or ship. People kept trying to shoot him with lasers, and eventually succeeded in taking him down.

However, the alien entity that was controlling him left his body, and jumped at the face of one of the people that stopped him. The one enduring image I have of this movie is an extremely phallic alien forcing its way down a terrified man's throat, while he desperately tries to fight it off. After the alien makes it down the dude's throat, it takes him over/rampage continues.

This terrified me, but I'm sure it would look cheesy as hell, now. I'm hopeful one of you more familiar with genre dreck can help me out with this. Thanks for any input.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Popcorn posted:

Anyone got any idea?

I remember it also, I think it's the 88 version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A_mjhZzkm4

Vanilla
Feb 24, 2002

Hay guys what's going on in th
I'm trying to recall a film from the 60's or 70's. Classic film of that era such as Spartacus, the fall of Rome, etc.

The only part I remember is this guy, a friend of the movies's star, was really good with the bow. In a display in front of the king somewhere in Arabia he steps forward to show they how good he was, he stands far further back than all the soldiers and takes the shot - and hits it dead on.

His friend said to him something along the lines of 'if you had missed the king would have had you killed'.

Can anyone remember this film?

Empty_Spaces
Apr 11, 2005

Rob was taken posted:

Click? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HAfLo1Pl5w

Definitely it, thanks a lot. I kept thinking it was Office Space.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

morestuff posted:

lower budget science fiction movie. The few details I remember are that a man was taken over by an alien, and was on a rampage through some kind of space station or ship. People kept trying to shoot him with lasers, and eventually succeeded in taking him down.

However, the alien entity that was controlling him left his body, and jumped at the face of one of the people that stopped him. The one enduring image I have of this movie is an extremely phallic alien forcing its way down a terrified man's throat, while he desperately tries to fight it off. After the alien makes it down the dude's throat, it takes him over/rampage continues.

This terrified me, but I'm sure it would look cheesy as hell, now. I'm hopeful one of you more familiar with genre dreck can help me out with this. Thanks for any input.

It doesn't take place on a ship, but throat diving/body control is how our little friend gets around in The Hidden.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093185/

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
I've been thinking about a movie I saw as a child for ages but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I remember it started with a pirate captain cutting the head off one of his me to guard a buried treasure for all time. Then it followed some kid who had a crazy grandpa, to be honest the only thing I remember about him is that he drove a giant eye for halloween. Then I think he went to some foster home where the girl he liked was staying, the foster home was also mostly green and had lots of grog for some odd reason. Anyways some poo poo happens and the kid finds the treasure and sends the pirate ghosts to the foster home to pillage the booze. I remember thinking that it was very mediocre at the time but think the hilarity of how bad the movie is might have improved with age.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Internet Gentleman posted:

It doesn't take place on a ship, but throat diving/body control is how our little friend gets around in The Hidden.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093185/

Thanks — I just watched most of this movie. (Thanks, YouTube!) I don't know if this is exactly the flick I remember, but there are certainly some familiar elements that could have been been influenced by my imagination and time. I seem to recall the alien being similar in shape to a baby chestburster, though, and less the slug from this one.

It was fun to see Kyle MacLachlan as an FBI agent pre-Twin Peaks, too.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 4, 2008

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
Trying to remember the name of a terrible movie I watched. A group of kids get together to make a low budget horror movie on a set where a past crew was murdered. I believe the set was even closed because I'm pretty sure they had to break in. I don't remember too much else except that in the end the hobo was the killer.

It's a really bad, low budget movie. Any help?

Buff Baby
Jan 7, 2008

As a human being, I'm embarrassed.
I can't seem to find anybody that remembers what this film is. It's a horror movie, but pretty badly rated.

It had a blonde actress ( I remember that she doesn't usually do scary movies ) and the story was about her going to a house in the country to nurse this old man/be a maid or something. In the house, there's an attic that outlines all this magic voodoo stuff about reincarnating your soul into another person's body. She gets understandably freaked out but stays to save the old man, who turns out to be the lawyer, but they had stolen his body?.

If anybody can find out/knows, it'd be appreciated.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Tiara posted:

I can't seem to find anybody that remembers what this film is. It's a horror movie, but pretty badly rated.

It had a blonde actress ( I remember that she doesn't usually do scary movies ) and the story was about her going to a house in the country to nurse this old man/be a maid or something. In the house, there's an attic that outlines all this magic voodoo stuff about reincarnating your soul into another person's body. She gets understandably freaked out but stays to save the old man, who turns out to be the lawyer, but they had stolen his body?.

If anybody can find out/knows, it'd be appreciated.
The Skeleton Key, with Kate Hudson.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Halp.

Move:
Students skip class or a field trip or somesuch and go chill in a missile silo that one of the found and bad things happen.

Any clue? I am fairly sure it should be identifiable by that alone, but maybe not.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Walked posted:

Halp.

Move:
Students skip class or a field trip or somesuch and go chill in a missile silo that one of the found and bad things happen.

Any clue? I am fairly sure it should be identifiable by that alone, but maybe not.
The Hole?

vvvv Cool! vvvv

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 4, 2008

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

LittleSunshine posted:

The Hole?

Yep. Thank you :)

Skywarps Hat
Sep 6, 2007
Skywarp has a nice hat.

SneakySneaks posted:

I've been thinking about a movie I saw as a child for ages but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I remember it started with a pirate captain cutting the head off one of his me to guard a buried treasure for all time. Then it followed some kid who had a crazy grandpa, to be honest the only thing I remember about him is that he drove a giant eye for halloween. Then I think he went to some foster home where the girl he liked was staying, the foster home was also mostly green and had lots of grog for some odd reason. Anyways some poo poo happens and the kid finds the treasure and sends the pirate ghosts to the foster home to pillage the booze. I remember thinking that it was very mediocre at the time but think the hilarity of how bad the movie is might have improved with age.

George's Island

http://www.canuxploitation.com/review/georgeisle.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097419/

I remembered seeing this when I was a kid.

initfo
Mar 14, 2006

This one is weird and probably inaccurate, but here goes.

Gene Wilder in an outlandish suit, in a carnival setting. He seats a guy in a metal chair, and hooks some kind of device to the guys face. Wilder then stresses how important it is that the man keep his foot on *this* pedal, because if he lets go, his jaw will snap. Wilder then gets distracted by someone and leaves the poor sucker hooked up to this crazy chair, trying to call out for help with a mouth full of metal.

To be honest, this may not even be a movie, but I am at wit's end trying to figure out what the hell it is.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

initfo posted:

Gene Wilder in an outlandish suit, in a carnival setting. He seats a guy in a metal chair, and hooks some kind of device to the guys face. Wilder then stresses how important it is that the man keep his foot on *this* pedal, because if he lets go, his jaw will snap. Wilder then gets distracted by someone and leaves the poor sucker hooked up to this crazy chair, trying to call out for help with a mouth full of metal.

To be honest, this may not even be a movie, but I am at wit's end trying to figure out what the hell it is.

drat, sounds like Willy Wonka and the Saw Factory

one of mine: I watched a movie on a premium cable back in the late 90s, early aughts (I'd date the movie no earlier than 90s) where a family is taken hostage similar to Firewall, only the father is not the hero, the genius hacker son is. Not only does the son manage to do some Macguyver poo poo by electrocuting one of the henchman who was trying to run a brute force program to find some password (and then stealing his uzi) but he also knows a lot about German lugers (which one henchman carries).

Basically the bad guys are mercenaries hired by somebody because the dad in the family has some super secret blueprints or other. The father offers to "double" the money they are paid and the main baddie (may or may not have been played by Tim Curry) goes "you couldn't possibly. There's also an angsty teenage daughter who was earlier about to hook up with some dude while her brother spied on them with a remote control cam car. Later she attempts to seduce one of the henchman by making out with him on a pool table but another henchman puts a gun to his head and tells him off.

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 6, 2008

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

initfo posted:

gently caress, I think I brought this scene up in one of the threads already, but didn't get an answer. They showed this to us back in an elementary school assembly once. I *think* it *might* be Pete's Dragon, but I cannot be sure unless I rewatch it. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Also, I don't remember it being Gene Wilder.

edit: check this out, specifically at 1:26. It's quick, watch out.

Glass Joe fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 6, 2008

initfo
Mar 14, 2006

Glass Joe posted:

gently caress, I think I brought this scene up in one of the threads already, but didn't get an answer. They showed this to us back in an elementary school assembly once. I *think* it *might* be Pete's Dragon, but I cannot be sure unless I rewatch it. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Also, I don't remember it being Gene Wilder.

edit: check this out, specifically at 1:26. It's quick, watch out.

This has got to be it. I remember watching this movie repeatedly when I was young, though I had to watch the youtube vid to remember it. That scene always haunted me, even though I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be funny.

I have to idea what made me think it was Gene Wilder though.

Thanks a lot!

edit: downloaded a subtitle file to confirm. It is Pete's Dragon.

initfo fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 6, 2008

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

initfo posted:

This has got to be it. I remember watching this movie repeatedly when I was young, though I had to watch the youtube vid to remember it. That scene always haunted me, even though I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be funny.

Dammit, and I skipped through that whole drat movie to find this. Starts at 6:57

Seriously, it was a loving musical? Good lord it was interminable!

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Coffey posted:

Trying to remember the name of a terrible movie I watched. A group of kids get together to make a low budget horror movie on a set where a past crew was murdered. I believe the set was even closed because I'm pretty sure they had to break in. I don't remember too much else except that in the end the hobo was the killer.

It's a really bad, low budget movie. Any help?

Slaughter Studios.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

one of mine: I watched a movie on a premium cable back in the late 90s, early aughts (I'd date the movie no earlier than 90s) where a family is taken hostage similar to Firewall, only the father is not the hero, the genius hacker son is. Not only does the son manage to do some Macguyver poo poo by electrocuting one of the henchman who was trying to run a brute force program to find some password (and then stealing his uzi) but he also knows a lot about German lugers (which one henchman carries).

Basically the bad guys are mercenaries hired by somebody because the dad in the family has some super secret blueprints or other. The father offers to "double" the money they are paid and the main baddie (may or may not have been played by Tim Curry) goes "you couldn't possibly. There's also an angsty teenage daughter who was earlier about to hook up with some dude while her brother spied on them with a remote control cam car. Later she attempts to seduce one of the henchman by making out with him on a pool table but another henchman puts a gun to his head and tells him off.

gahhhhh i've seen this movie before and can't for the life of me remember the name or any actors in it. for some reason i kept thinking kevin pollack, but that's not it. imdb is failing me. it'll come to me. eventually ... in a month.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I saw this once as a kid, ages ago. I think it was made in the 80's.

This guy moves into an apartment, and from his window he can look into another apartment across the road, where this hot lady lives whom he kinda obsessively watches, but he notices this really ugly billboard welder guy also checking her out.

Cut to a scene where this ugly dude steals that lady's handbag and our protagonist chases after him, and then seems to run out of breath or has some sort of heart problem, and the ugly dude fishes through the handbag, finds something, and then runs off howling triumphantly.

Later on we see ugly dude getting into pretty lady's apartment with a huge drill and he kills her with it.

Our hero sets off to find out what the hell happened, and he seems to start with the porn industry. I stopped watching when he goes into a bathroom named "slut" and makes out with the porn star he's looking for.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Skywarps Hat posted:

George's Island

http://www.canuxploitation.com/review/georgeisle.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097419/

I remembered seeing this when I was a kid.

That's it, thanks. I'll try looking for it on netflix (doubt there's a dvd through).

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

I saw this once as a kid, ages ago. I think it was made in the 80's.

This guy moves into an apartment, and from his window he can look into another apartment across the road, where this hot lady lives whom he kinda obsessively watches, but he notices this really ugly billboard welder guy also checking her out.

Cut to a scene where this ugly dude steals that lady's handbag and our protagonist chases after him, and then seems to run out of breath or has some sort of heart problem, and the ugly dude fishes through the handbag, finds something, and then runs off howling triumphantly.

Later on we see ugly dude getting into pretty lady's apartment with a huge drill and he kills her with it.

Our hero sets off to find out what the hell happened, and he seems to start with the porn industry. I stopped watching when he goes into a bathroom named "slut" and makes out with the porn star he's looking for.

Body Double

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Sizzlechest posted:

Body Double
Nice, thanks! Gonna rent this to catch up. :)