Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Phy posted:

Please, please tell me those are Michelins.

Pilot Powers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Parlor
Sep 12, 2005
village idiot

Phy posted:

^^ e:f,b
They look like Pilot Powers to me, so that would be some Michelins indeed.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

The coloration on the pipes is a little extreme, but yeah...It doesn't seem like it'd take much more to make something that actually runs.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Phy posted:

I believe they are.

Beaten twice! :argh:

Anuv
Apr 4, 2008

by Fragmaster
Are bike nights a common thing? Because I just came back from a giant one and dunno if anyone would wanna see pictures next week.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

orinth posted:

Pilot Powers!

Sweet. Bibendum does exist!

Sidenote: When I was a kid I always wondered why the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man was selling tires.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Anuv posted:

Are bike nights a common thing? Because I just came back from a giant one and dunno if anyone would wanna see pictures next week.

Most of them are every week on the same night, at least where I'm from.

Darth Llama
Aug 13, 2004

Just found out that my grandfather had a bike, though I never knew. Can anyone identify what type of Honda this might be?

This picture would have been taken in mid-to-late 70's.

That also seems like a huge windshield. . .

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

JebattoRocket posted:

Just found out that my grandfather had a bike, though I never knew. Can anyone identify what type of Honda this might be?

This picture would have been taken in mid-to-late 70's.

That also seems like a huge windshield. . .

Its a CB, not bigger than 450cc. I'm going to guess one of the smaller models in the rage, maybe a CB125??

Darth Llama
Aug 13, 2004

Yeah, I thought it might be a 125 or 250. Engine looks remarkably similar (in this fuzzy photo) to the 250 on my Rebel.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

Its a CB, not bigger than 450cc. I'm going to guess one of the smaller models in the rage, maybe a CB125??

Looks almost exactly like the CB200 I have in the garage.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
New toys report!

I am the proud first recipient of the new 2 into 1 exhaust system for the 950 ADV. I have been looking for an exhaust for a while, and it turns out Black Dog cycle work is just 45 minutes away from me, and they were getting ready to make the first 2 into 1 system for the adventure. I pop up, check things and, and decide its what I want. Month later, the very first pipes came in from the producer this morning, so I hopped on my bike and ran up to get mine, successfully beating every other customer in the world. Dumb, but I am happy.

The bits and pieces

On the bike...

And video of before and after.
http://www.vimeo.com/1482974

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
How many bolts on the flange/can? I swear thats the exact same pipe I wrecked on my bike except mine had a Scorpian logo on it.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Three.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Click here for the full 587x900 image.

:haw:

spacepirate
Feb 7, 2005
Yarr mateys!

Thats me going to work this morning.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Would have been better if he was on a Katana.

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.

Phat_Albert posted:

Would have been better if he was on a Katana.

He could be holding a ninjato :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ChiliMac posted:

He could be holding a ninjato :colbert:

Its not though, anyone who even knows what a ninjato is and didnt have to google it to find out never leaves the basement.

This guy isnt wheelieing in a basement now is he :colbert:

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
False. My house doesn't even have a basement.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
What I think is more insane, that there is market for upgrade parts for a specific bike model kit.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Assuming it isn't a photoshop. I like how motorcycling isn't dangerous enough, so he added swords.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
It's kinda like running with scissors. Except, you're on a motorcycle..with a sword.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

orinth posted:

some guy bought some tires from me and showed up on his bike

about a year ago i went to a group ride that was starting at a local dealership. i was going to have some tires mounted after the ride, so i brought the tires along. i rolled up with all of my luggage on the bike and two dual-sport tires strapped around the backseat/topcase area. as soon as i stopped i got off and another rider said, "dude... we aren't going that far."

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Need new underwear.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a9f_1218193560

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.

OptimusMatrix posted:

Need new underwear.

Thats how easy it can happen, scarey.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

OptimusMatrix posted:

Need new underwear.

Near as I can tell, that guy needs to learn how to ride his motorcycle. Looks like it would have been entirely his fault.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Decreasing radius turns are a bitch aren't they?

I've been in a situation like that and what I've learned is that no matter what you think, you ALWAYS have more lean room.

eggyolk fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 8, 2008

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

OptimusMatrix posted:

Need new underwear.
Both riders passed over the middle yellow. Nice. :w00t:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Does he flip the bird at the end? That wouldn't make sense, since it was his fault.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Does he flip the bird at the end? That wouldn't make sense, since it was his fault.

No I think he put his index finger up as to say "Check please" and then made a cutting signal maybe to tell the other rider he was slowing down.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's the hand signal for #1, as in he only did #1 in his shorts, not #2. Followed immediately by the pull over to shop for new drawers signal (Limp wrist, pointing finger).

Anuv
Apr 4, 2008

by Fragmaster
Guy's brake lights ignite into the middle turn. If he would've accelerated he could have cleared it. But no, hello double yellow lines.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
yeah that looks like the problem. he saw that he went into the turn too hot, but instead of holding throttle and leaning more, he hit the brakes, leading to a yet wider turn.

Anuv
Apr 4, 2008

by Fragmaster

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

yeah that looks like the problem. he saw that he went into the turn too hot, but instead of holding throttle and leaning more, he hit the brakes, leading to a yet wider turn.

I'm pretty green and it's still a tough thing to overcome. You start to go wide and you need to force yourself to go faster, since imminent crash usually = hit the brakes.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm no wheelie expert but I'm pretty sure they don't work like this

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Quite possibly the dumbest wheelie I've ever seen.
http://www.break.com/index/insane-motorcycle-stunt.html

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
That is both the most awesome and most unsafe thing I've ever seen someone do

Sick_Nukes
Aug 10, 2004
I don't speak French so I have no idea what these guys are saying but this is awesome and also made me jealous of all you European guys with the spectacular roads over there. http://www.motojournal.com/blog_mj/?p=497

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Sick_Nukes posted:

I don't speak French so I have no idea what these guys are saying but this is awesome and also made me jealous of all you European guys with the spectacular roads over there. http://www.motojournal.com/blog_mj/?p=497

That's from the dark dog rally. It's a rally for bikes that stretches over track tarmac though lovely old/dirt roads then back on to tarmac etc. And it has a nightime section, from what i've read its pretty awesome. They're restricted to 100hp and people take every time of bike you can imagine, from hypermotards to zx10r's. Its pretty bitchen.