Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
TACS without Bonnaduce is pure loving gold.

Twelve-thousand carat gold.

Listen to a few weeks of episodes, get into the flow of things, in-jokes and recurring drops...just like the best of loveline with adam, rare is the moment that doesn't deliver some comedy or insight.

I started listening to it the last couple weeks of Bonnaduce's reign of terror, and almost gave up. Now it is the highlight of every weekday for me.

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

exponentory posted:

I've listened to all of 2003, 2004, and 2005. I'm afraid i'm running out of episodes :(

I'll have to give TACS a listen next.

there are still hundreds of episodes to check out (unless those were the last three years you hadn't heard)!

it's taken me a year to get through just the guestless shows, and I'm still finding new ones so don't give up hope just yet.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Speaking of TACS, I've been blowing through the recent poo poo left and right while playing WoW. Anyone know if someone put an archive up of full episodes, or of all the segments of each day as they're posted on the freefm Podcast section? It's rather incomplete and loses its notations of which day a particular segment falls on after a few weeks back, which is upsetting. Unless there's a huge archive on there that I'm missing.

Dr. Who
Aug 21, 2007

by Ozma
http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=7519

It's the TACS message board, just sign up for free.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Dr. Who posted:

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=7519

It's the TACS message board, just sign up for free.

Ah, right. I think I remember asking this exact same thing before and getting the exact same link and then forgetting to actually register. Most appreciated for reminding, I'm actually going about doing that this time.

Dr. Who
Aug 21, 2007

by Ozma

Alexandr posted:

Ah, right. I think I remember asking this exact same thing before and getting the exact same link and then forgetting to actually register. Most appreciated for reminding, I'm actually going about doing that this time.

this link is to the thread with all the years shows so far

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Dr. Who posted:

this link is to the thread with all the years shows so far

Rockin', absolutely perfect. Again with my thanks.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

New York is always a wonderful guest.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Oh, lord:

quote:

OH, REALITY: DJ Jim "Poorman" Trenton aims to bring his act to TV with "Poorman's Sex Line." Of course, radio listeners recall Poorman on the hugely popular "Loveline" for 10 years with Dr. Drew Pinsky. "Sex Line" will feature call-ins, with Trenton and four "gorgeous bikini girl co-hosts," per casting sources. They've been looking for those gals, including "an M.D. who gives medical advice." Say what? Dr. Drew never wore a bikini. Or maybe he did, and we just didn't know. Anyway, the pay rate is $200, non-union, per episode. They expect to have celebrity guests on the show.

I have no idea if this is accurate, but it is so very sad.

Also, Drew will be on the "Baby Borrowers" special on tomorrow night (Wednesday) on NBC, I think.

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 5, 2008

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster
Adam's rants against tow-truck drivers and his infamous driving-off-a-tow-truck story are both gold. 2005-10-17. This episode is pretty much right around the time when Carolla's and Drew's contract situations were really going array, I imagine. And yet they have probably the best chemistry they've ever had. I really think it all boils down to publicists and agents and radio people and other awful human beings and despite Drew's faux pas, I think Carolla would never take it out on Drew.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

Graham Wellington posted:

Adam's rants against tow-truck drivers and his infamous driving-off-a-tow-truck story are both gold. 2005-10-17. This episode is pretty much right around the time when Carolla's and Drew's contract situations were really going array, I imagine. And yet they have probably the best chemistry they've ever had. I really think it all boils down to publicists and agents and radio people and other awful human beings and despite Drew's faux pas, I think Carolla would never take it out on Drew.

The contract problems happened at the end of 2004, I believe.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Malachi Constant posted:

Oh, lord:

I have no idea if this is accurate, but it is so very sad.

Also, Drew will be on the "Baby Borrowers" special on tomorrow night (Wednesday) on NBC, I think.

.. oh GOD. this kind of thinking is what I'd imagine would go on if Fox tried to remake HBO's Sopranos.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
The magic of Loveline:

I just listened to a 2005 episode with guest Carlos "The worst comedian in comedy history" Mencia, and he was actually funny. Adam guided him to actually funny content all episode long. It's amazing.

PaisleyOrangutan
May 26, 2008

by The Finn
Drew called in to a local radio talk show for a short interview. The host said Drew had a big announcement to make but it was just that Loveline is going to be on that station in the near future. Quite a disappointment.

Here's the clip for anybody interested:

PaisleyOrangutan fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 6, 2008

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Bald Bryan and Anderson (from Loveline) have a show on Free2HD called The Film Vault. You can hear Anderson's reaction to Adam's recent talk about the old Loveline days as well as what he thought about Adam's appearance on Loveline on the "Sequals 1" episode.

Also you can subscribe to the podcast there. It's interesting to hear Anderson talk so much for a change.

BAM!
Jun 23, 2007

Malachi Constant posted:

Bald Bryan and Anderson (from Loveline) have a show on Free2HD called The Film Vault. You can hear Anderson's reaction to Adam's recent talk about the old Loveline days as well as what he thought about Adam's appearance on Loveline on the "Sequals 1" episode.

Also you can subscribe to the podcast there. It's interesting to hear Anderson talk so much for a change.

This was very entertaining - I'll have to check the rest out. Also, Anderson used to work with autistic kids? Paint me surprised.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

BAM! posted:

This was very entertaining - I'll have to check the rest out. Also, Anderson used to work with autistic kids? Paint me surprised.

For about month every year he volunteers as a camp counselor at some charity camp. He's been missing from Drew's daytime show for a few weeks now.

He really dislikes Adam, though. He thinks Adam surrounds himself with yes men who never disagree with him.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Does anybody have a direct link to the Squeals thing? I can't get it to play on my computer.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Phone posted:

Does anybody have a direct link to the Squeals thing? I can't get it to play on my computer.
Sequals 1:
http://www.971freefm.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=2766751

Subscription link (paste into feed reader):
http://www.971freefm.com/pages/podcast/120827.rss

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster

Malachi Constant posted:

He really dislikes Adam, though. He thinks Adam surrounds himself with yes men who never disagree with him.
Well yeah he does, he loves asskissers. But Anderson is a bit of a dick, too.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

That isn't working for me.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Phone posted:

That isn't working for me.

Don't know what to tell you, it works for me.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Anyone who listens to Loveline on KROQ in Southern California: I have absolutely no evidence for this rumor, but I was told that this morning on Kevin and Bean, during their call-in segment about cheating significant others, a man called in and shot himself on-air, during the call.

I didn't listen this morning and I doubt it would be on their podcast. I just wanna know if it's true, because if so that must have been loving awful.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

FrensaGeran posted:

Anyone who listens to Loveline on KROQ in Southern California: I have absolutely no evidence for this rumor, but I was told that this morning on Kevin and Bean, during their call-in segment about cheating significant others, a man called in and shot himself on-air, during the call.

I didn't listen this morning and I doubt it would be on their podcast. I just wanna know if it's true, because if so that must have been loving awful.

Uh...this would be bogus.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

FrensaGeran posted:

Hey, who's Picardo and what did you do?

Related: On lovelinecentral.com a couple of shows, I think just the ones labeled "New Tape Transfer", 404'd. Do I have to play around with the link or something?

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

What Fun posted:

Related: On lovelinecentral.com a couple of shows, I think just the ones labeled "New Tape Transfer", 404'd. Do I have to play around with the link or something?

they all seem to work for me, in fact there were a shitton more than the last time I checked.

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Legend has it the world was hatched from a dingus egg.

What Fun posted:

That happens to me a lot on loveline central, I just browse the MP3 directory and find them there, that usually works (dunno if that's what you mean though)

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I'm talking about the ones on the front page.

For example, the one currently at the top of the loveline central home page. That 404's. So does the one further down with Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

The link for the Trey and Matt episode on the front page that 404's is

http://www.lovelinecentral.com/mp3/New%20uploaded%20Tape%20TransfeLoveline%20-%201999-06-28%20
(Matt%20Stone%20and%20Trey%20Parker).mp3

and the one that works is

http://www.lovelinecentral.com/mp3/index.php?dir=New%20uploaded%20Tape%20Transfers%2097%2C98%2C99/&file=Loveline%20-%201999-06-28%20%28Matt%20Stone%20and%20Trey%20Parker%29.mp3

There's a couple like that.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
NO FUCKIN' WAY

Holy crap, I owe Savington a favor for sending me a link to a different Loveline Youtube video and this was in the more videos section:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_wQwrUKroes&feature=related

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

BAM! posted:

Adam's "Anderson works with autistic kids to give him free reign to be more of an rear end in a top hat" theory was always funny.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Phone posted:

NO FUCKIN' WAY

Holy crap, I owe Savington a favor for sending me a link to a different Loveline Youtube video and this was in the more videos section:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_wQwrUKroes&feature=related
haha i finished listening through 2001 last month, and when this came up i was almost bursting out laughing on the train. compared to every show it was SO different, and went for so much longer than an Anderson drop would.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
That was the night of the insane callers.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Fans of TACS are in mourning after finding out that Isaac Hayes died today. He's become a great part of the show recently, after giving a phone interview months ago where he was.. not very lucid. Ever since, Bald Bryan's been using clips from that interview to great affect.

Wikipedia posted:

On April 9, 2008 Hayes was a guest on The Adam Carolla Show.[23] Hayes stumbled in his responses to questions, and a caller questioned whether Hayes was under the influence of a substance. However, Hayes' awkward answering and stuttering could be symptoms of aphasia, a form of language disorder from which many stroke patients (such as Hayes) suffer. Carolla and co-host Teresa Strasser asked Hayes if he had done a little "wake and bake", to which Hayes responded that he had written a cookbook. When the hosts clarified the question by asking if he had ever used marijuana, he replied that he had only ever tried it once. For the rest of the interview, the radio hosts made light of Hayes' awkward answers. Sound effects man Bryan Bishop has continuously replayed Hayes saying "It's good", "Mmmmmm... sometimes", "No", and "It's a good thing" as sound drops, often simulating conversation with his co-hosts. Hayes did admit during the interview that he was no longer on good terms with Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

"It's- it's... it's a good thing."

No, Isaac! It's not a good thing! You're dead now!

"Naw."

Yes, you are.

"It's good!"

Isaac, you're in denial.

Here's a link to the TACS forums with a soundboard of some of the drops. (Although, the 'What' drop is incorrect.)

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=4415&view=findpost&p=136602

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Revol posted:

Fans of TACS are in mourning after finding out that Isaac Hayes died today. He's become a great part of the show recently, after giving a phone interview months ago where he was.. not very lucid. Ever since, Bald Bryan's been using clips from that interview to great affect.

"It's- it's... it's a good thing."

No, Isaac! It's not a good thing! You're dead now!

"Naw."

Yes, you are.

"It's good!"

Isaac, you're in denial.

Here's a link to the TACS forums with a soundboard of some of the drops. (Although, the 'What' drop is incorrect.)

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=4415&view=findpost&p=136602

This is the first thing I thought of. I was always hoping that he would sometime be a guest again, and they could pull some even funnier poo poo from the interview.

Isssisssa goodthang

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Wow, first I'd heard Isaac Hayes died was in this thread. Pretty great news for the world, one less Scientologist. And it happens to have given the best excuse to use the Isaac drops on TACS. Good times!

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

On the "Summer Movies 3" Film Vault Bryan goes through the famous Loveline episode where the show doesn't start for about twenty minutes due to a drunken Anderson. Bryan was there that night and explains what happened. He went through the whole show and made a clip of every drunken on-air ramble from Anderson and plays them back for him.

It's hilarious, Anderson keeps asking Bryan where he got the audio, and making excuses. I guess Anderson isn't aware of the Loveline archive.

Here's the original Loveline episode in full: http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202004-12-16%20(Guest%20-%20Papa%20Roach).mp3

The Film Vault episode is on this page: http://www.971freefm.com/pages/2480998.php It's "Summer Movies 3", should be at the top of the page right now.

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

FrensaGeran posted:

As has been said it is completely bogus, also way way old.

wikipedia posted:

On June 13, 1990, the show aired a segment called "Confess Your Crime", which included a bogus phone call from fellow DJ Doug "The Slug" Roberts (who was then working at KZZP) as an anonymous listener claiming to have committed murder. The parents of a missing woman believed the fictional caller to be responsible for their daughter's death leading to an investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and coverage in an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. When the truth was revealed, the station was billed for the costs of the investigation by the LASD[6], and sued by the distraught parents. KROQ suspended Kevin and Bean for five days without pay, directed each of them to perform 149 hours of community service, and forced them to pay the Sheriff’s bill out of their pockets. The event also became the inspiration behind the 1996 movie Power 98 starring Eric Roberts.

Eunabomber fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 12, 2008

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Legend has it the world was hatched from a dingus egg.

Eunabomber posted:

As has been said it is completely bogus, also way way old.

That looks like a different story you quoted? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaisleyOrangutan
May 26, 2008

by The Finn

Hillbilly Pharoh posted:

That looks like a different story you quoted? :confused:
I think he was referring to the gag itself as being recycled.

Also, a humorous anecdote regarding the Papa Roach episode: I used to just love smoking a little herb then listening to an episode of loveline before falling asleep. I was really baked the night I listened to that show and it freaked me out so much I just stopped trying to listen to it because I had no idea what was going on. I fast forwarded a little bit, but still before they officially began and I was just like "gently caress it" and went to sleep.

PaisleyOrangutan fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 12, 2008

• Locked thread