Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konigwheels
Jul 1, 2007

by T. Fine

TheTrend posted:

They're restricted to 100hp and people take every time of bike you can imagine, from hypermotards to zx10r's. Its pretty bitchen.

Restricted to 100hp? ZX-10s? Wha?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Konigwheels posted:

Restricted to 100hp? ZX-10s? Wha?

I was wondering this. How would you de-tune a ZX-10R? And more importantly, why would you want to?

e: Considering a ZX-6R weighs a hell of a lot less and probably makes the power better anyways.

eggyolk fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 10, 2008

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

eggyolk posted:

I was wondering this. How would you de-tune a ZX-10R? And more importantly, why would you want to?

Restrictor plates to cut down on the amount of air that comes in, plus a tune for it. Same concept as restricted bikes.

They do it because I believe France is draconian and doesn't allow bikes over 100hp.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
[[ Please wait, retrieving post quote... ]]

eggyolk posted:

Decreasing radius turns are a bitch aren't they?

I've been in a situation like that and what I've learned is that no matter what you think, you ALWAYS have more lean room.

This is true. Anywhere on the street you can always lean more, that is, unless your knee is on the ground.

schlaufux
Apr 28, 2007
just no stupid newbie k?

Z3n posted:

They do it because I believe France is draconian and doesn't allow bikes over 100hp.

That's true, I read about an R1 presentation at some race track or other where Yamaha even prepared restricted (98hp) R1s for French motorcycle journalists to ride :haw:
They said the bike felt literally castrated.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

100mph and 193mpg Honda?? Color me interested.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/08/09/honda-rapidly-refining-pgm-fi-introduces-cz-motard-in-thailand/

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Why I love my 950 Adventure

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

mutt2jeff posted:

Why I love my 950 Adventure

I winced every time I saw your hands. Motocross gloves are really cheap, and will spare you a lot of pain when you go down.

helot
Nov 3, 2006

Video about helmets: http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=283819

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

That was a good video. I like how there was no talk about "freedom to wear what you want." They were all about the FF helmets that properly fit and that being the only thing you should wear.

Also, I now know how to pronounce Arai (it's not "airy").

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.
Speaking of Jay leno, his desmosedici http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=257627

What a bike.

dfn_doe
Apr 12, 2005
I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW STUPID FUCKING CATCHPHRASE OVERLORDS

The post crash GP helmet they show looks like my old RX7RR, that thing fits like a glove. When it came to shopping for helmets the thing that made me choose arai over the other brands was an article I read that showed their test facility. It pointed out that Arai (at the time) is/was the only manufacturer whom uses the same helmet for every stage of testing even though the various testing regimen generally allow for a fresh helmet for each individual test. I figure most serious crashes are a multiple impact ordeal and a helmet that survive the first impact only to go to dust on the second impact didn't really seem like something to leave to chance.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

fronkpies posted:

Speaking of Jay leno, his desmosedici http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=257627

What a bike.

There was one of those being ridden by Shane Turpin (one of the local heroes at miller) when I was out there on Sunday. Oh my god was it loving loud and glorious sounding. Jesus....christ. Amazing.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Spent two days in the mountains of VA here are the pics.

Good times.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HNasty posted:

Spent two days in the mountains of VA here are the pics.

Good times.

Beautiful area on a beautiful bike, cant really ask for much more than that.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

OptimusMatrix posted:

Need new underwear.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a9f_1218193560

That's nothing, someone should dig up the video of the French (italian?) professional riders out goofing around on some backroads.

One comes around and corner and his shoulder folds in the rear view mirror of an oncoming van.

Unfortunately I don't even know where to begin to look for the video.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Are you referring to the french moto GP video 'barges?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db8WZPv3Akw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ziWVu0cmQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buRLDMX7Zv8&feature=related

Twin superbikes!

EDIT: Z3n in your video it looks like the guy with the camera is wearing a glossy vader style helmet

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 13, 2008

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

That's nothing, someone should dig up the video of the French (italian?) professional riders out goofing around on some backroads.

One comes around and corner and his shoulder folds in the rear view mirror of an oncoming van.

Unfortunately I don't even know where to begin to look for the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_GVQRRCGg

That one?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
My after work dual sporting ritual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cPxyXWbTSA

If you've never seen a motorcycle almost run over a fish before, well, here ya go.

Also before accusations fly I just want to point out that a wide angle lens pointed downward exaggerates the perception of speed when I goose it through first and second on a wide street with no moving cars or people and unrestricted visibility. So, yea.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

My after work dual sporting ritual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cPxyXWbTSA

If you've never seen a motorcycle almost run over a fish before, well, here ya go.

Also before accusations fly I just want to point out that a wide angle lens pointed downward exaggerates the perception of speed when I goose it through first and second on a wide street with no moving cars or people and unrestricted visibility. So, yea.

You should point that thing up a little more. It's a little weird only being able to see four feet in front of the bike in the video.

Also, that was soooo loving reckless you must have been going like 35mph, that's just crazy!

Zool fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 13, 2008

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
While we are posting videos of people loving around on the street here is my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwaepHyPxY

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Zool posted:

You should point that thing up a little more. It's a little weird only being able to see four feet in front of the bike in the video.

Yup, I'm still playing with mounting the camera.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Um, hey guys I just stumbled upon this very NWS link but seriously....you gotta check this out.

Link that contains pictures of scantily clad women doing nice things to bicycles. Oh god I love Romania.

Sick_Nukes
Aug 10, 2004

Slopehead posted:

Um, hey guys I just stumbled upon this very NWS link but seriously....you gotta check this out.

Link that contains pictures of scantily clad women doing nice things to bicycles. Oh god I love Romania.

yeah but will my bike actually be clean after their done, or are the just going to soap it up and make a big production about it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sick_Nukes posted:

yeah but will my bike actually be clean after their done, or are the just going to soap it up and make a big production about it.

*sprays water down exhaust*

*has big tits*

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

*has big tits*

This was my first thought. "Are they cleaning those bikes properly?"

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
You gentlemen are hopelessly critical. :shivdurf:

However, seriously you're right. Probably not clean.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Here's a 15min Promo for the old Suzuki RE-5. I'm not sure but I just couldn't stop watching; maybe it was the cool oddball bike, maybe it was the funky sound track, or even the almost hypnotic narrator.

Part One, two

Kanye East
Jul 7, 2006

Bird-o-matic posted:

Winter track day report!

Doing track days in winter is ridiculous. I'm surprised I made it to the track at all - it was a 5 hour ride to the track at night, in the rain, with icy roads.

The track day itself was dry but cold, and the track didn't really warm up much during the day. We had a crash in just about every session, including a beautiful 1098R. :smith:
The scariest crash of the day went to a husband and wife rider/pillion team. Nobody got hurt, but they were drat lucky.

I was surprised at the turnout - over a hundred people showed up to the Taupo circuit, coming from all over the island. It really is a wonderful track... but I'm waiting for spring before I go back.

Late question on this one so hopefully you see it. But what do you think of your R6? I don't care how the R6 handles on public roads just the track as that's the only place I'll take it, I'm lucky I only live about an hour from Philip Island.

My old track bike was a 2004 ZX10R which I had for a few years, but I'm thinking of going back to a 600. I don't why but I just seem to enjoy thrashing a 600 more then a 1000.

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:

My Momma posted:

Late question on this one so hopefully you see it. But what do you think of your R6? I don't care how the R6 handles on public roads just the track as that's the only place I'll take it, I'm lucky I only live about an hour from Philip Island.

My old track bike was a 2004 ZX10R which I had for a few years, but I'm thinking of going back to a 600. I don't why but I just seem to enjoy thrashing a 600 more then a 1000.

I love the hell out of it. If I had to really dig for things to complain about I'd say:
  • It has no steering damper, so I often get a wiggle on coming out of slow corners. (It's never turned violent though, just good fun.)
  • It takes some work to stay in the power band. (But drat it's rewarding when you get it right.)
Everything else is flawless, I doubt I'll ever get near its limits. Great power, silky smooth gearbox, sharp handling and some serious aural delight.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Sick_Nukes posted:

Phat_Albert posted:

*has big tits*

eggyolk posted:

This was my first thought. "Are they cleaning those bikes properly?"

I have no idea what the gently caress is wrong with you people, and don't care. I'm going back to looking at that page.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

pr0zac posted:

I'm going back to looking at that page.

I agree. That represents all that is good in our world.

Jharkov
Feb 26, 2008

by Ozma
A few mates and myself, and the joy that is motorcycling.

moi :(

and moi... always get myself into these situations!

Just how did i crash here...

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Jharkov posted:

Just how did i crash here...

That looks like such a great time, do you have more pictures?

In the last picture the sleeping bag looks like an arm of a person all mangled up in the gear. I wondered why you were snapping pictures instead of helping your friend :)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What the heck is that thing scrambling down the geography in the first pic?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Jharkov posted:

moi :(

That's a great picture.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Phy posted:

What the heck is that thing scrambling down the geography in the first pic?

It's a Hyosung GT650 or GT250.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Edit: Wait, no, I'm a twit.

Anyway dude's got some sack taking a Hyosung down that stuff.

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 14, 2008

Jharkov
Feb 26, 2008

by Ozma
More

BTW, guy standing there in 1st pic is me in a dazed state. I only crashed about 2 minutes ago at about 80mph
hit a sand wash that sent me into an uncontrollable tankslapper. Wish i had a steering dampener then.

What the Hyosung looks like now...

Jharkov fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Man that hyosung is begging for some bars...

Awesome pics though.