Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
I await Old Blind Pete's inevitable betrayal of our heroes. I mean, come on Haley!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'd wager it's the cleric that's going to turn them in rather than Pete; who the Hell trusts a priest of Loki to not dime you out in a pinch, even if he's an old friend? If he'd take Pete's cash and turn him back in, I'm sure he won't think twice about doing the same to some PCs.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wow, look at all those words. I am not reading all that. I think this is where I get off the bus. It's been a ride, OOTS.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American

Lurdiak posted:

Wow, look at all those words. I am not reading all that. I think this is where I get off the bus. It's been a ride, OOTS.

How can you say this in a post-Bendis world?

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah. Words are hard, and there's nearly a hundred of them there, just waiting to ambush you.

Eh. Check in again when he reunites the party around #600 or so. I think it'll pick up again then.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Lurdiak posted:

People who say things like this make me irrationally angry.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Appendix Steve is the greatest name for a theif ever.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Eyespy posted:

Appendix Steve is the greatest name for a theif ever.

It's also a pretty good name for a rouge.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

regarding Appendix Steve posted:

It's also a pretty good name for a rouge.

The day there is makeup named after vestigial organs is the day I check out of this world.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Cthulhuchan posted:

The day there is makeup named after vestigial organs is the day I check out of this world.

It's funny how often people get that one wrong.

Also, Liver Eyeshadow sounds fantastic. ;)

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

If your liver has become a vestigial organ, then I think you need to cut down on your alcohol intake.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Or you've become a dwarf.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

pseudosavior posted:

Or you've become a dwarf.

Dwarves are born with three livers. Their Gods may be cruel enough to make their men and women almost indistinguishable, but not so petty as to not let them drink their sorrows away.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
New strip:

Click here for the full 733x935 image.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

NutShellBill posted:

Dwarves are born with two livers.

Anyways, regarding the new comic: Is she supposed to be a creepy stalker or romantically confused underdog?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

LightWarden posted:

Anyways, regarding the new comic: Is she supposed to be a creepy stalker or romantically confused underdog?

In the world of D&D nerds, I don't think there's much difference.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

LightWarden posted:

I think she's just, you know, Chaotic Evil. Doesn't prevent her from having a schoolgirl crush-- just means she's going to apply alignment-appropriate means with which to get a date.

So probably stalker.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

Cabbit posted:

I think she's just, you know, Chaotic Evil. Doesn't prevent her from having a schoolgirl crush-- just means she's going to apply alignment-appropriate means with which to get a date.

So probably stalker.

She's nuts, but I still feel kinda bad for her :(

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Your loyal assistant Dr. Meowgon is all over this one.

ZorbaTHut posted:

She's nuts, but I still feel kinda bad for her :(

She'll probably die saving Elan or be the source of a misunderstanding which breaks up Elan and Haley. Which would suck.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
New strip:

End of the B-plot?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Maybe more misinformed than nuts, then. Still pretty clingy, though!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe Therkla will be the team's replacement for Belkar when he presumably kicks the bucket this year(according to prophecy).

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I was thinking the same thing. Although... he might have changed his mind since, but in "No Cure for the Paladin Blues," Rich talks about the scene where Miko and Belkar smash through the window and Miko almost kills him. He said there was some noise from the fans (his message board) that Belkar should have been killed there, because he deserved it. He counters saying no matter what, Belkar is a member of the Order of the Stick, and a protagonist of the story. Even if he had been killed, it still would have followed along with him, in the afterlife. Then he bemuses the missed opportunity for planar afterlife jokes (hence Roy's death.)

That to me says either the main story will end within a comic year's time, or Belkar has loophole in store, like undeath.

Also, speaking of PC deaths, I was re-reading the recent Oracle stuff, and did anyone else notice when the Oracle was giving Belkar all those flimsy excuses for how he was responsible for the various deaths, he starts to explain "and as for the elf..." before getting cut off? Sounds ominous to me.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Lurdiak posted:

I hate to say, because I hate lurkiak with a passion (mango passion fruit passion), but I'd have to agree. This is not not a novel, and while I enjoy the author's stick figure hijinx, I am no longer willing to read a novel for a stick figure comic. If it was worth communicating he could have done it with more brevity.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
New strip.

Best ending line to a strip yet. Sorry.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is V drying out and about to crack or are those veins or what?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

V's had those for months. He's been so busy trying to find Haley that he hasn't been taking care of himself, so his eyes are sunken and he's got wrinkles.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Looks like V's turning into Emperor Palpatine there...

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

Hotwire posted:

Best ending line to a strip yet. Sorry.

Though the one-in-a-million gag is ripped directly from Terry Pratchett :mad:

V's looked better. Like . . . lots better.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

ZorbaTHut posted:

Though the one-in-a-million gag is ripped directly from Terry Pratchett :mad:

V's looked better. Like . . . lots better.

That's an hommage. And Pratchett only incorporated the one in a million chance thing to his books because of how common it is in fantasy fiction. Elan's all about knowing his clichés.

I liked the reference.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Stick Benson and Stabler, and Munch and Tutuolla were the best part of this strip. I'd love to see a whole 'case' of Law and Order: Special Encounters Unit.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I'm kind of surprised he didn't make Munch a gnome, in lieu of making Finn a dwarf.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I thought it was the effect of spending all his time channeling masive magical power through his body without resting that's making him go all sithy.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Well yeah, it just seems like it's a lot worse than before.

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

tazman posted:

Well yeah, it just seems like it's a lot worse than before.

484 is the last strip V was normal in and we have the latest one exactly a hundred strips later. That's a hundred strips since we left Azure City (minus Haley's rebel excursions) as well.

I mean, we all know he's been looking bad but I didn't notice his hair had grown in this one until I put together that comparison shot. He really does look a lot worse than he did just twenty strips ago.

Gassire
Dec 30, 2004

"They're people. Deeply flawed, yes, but deeply human too. And maybe that's saying the same thing."

Cabbit posted:

I'm kind of surprised he didn't make Munch a gnome, in lieu of making Finn a dwarf.

Well Munch is jewish after all.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Gassire posted:

Well Munch is jewish after all.

Yes, that would be the joke I'm making.

Also, I see that V has really decided to go all-out in the Raistlin Majere School of Magical Theory, the number one tenant of which being the amount of power you can wield is directly proportional to how much you gently caress your body up. He's, uh, looking quite bad!

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 14, 2008

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Amused Frog posted:

I mean, we all know he's been looking bad but I didn't notice his hair had grown in this one until I put together that comparison shot. He really does look a lot worse than he did just twenty strips ago.

Well, do we even know what happens when elves go without their 4-hour trance every day?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I believe they are just supposed to fall asleep after reaching a certain point of exhaustion, but Burlew could do whatever he wants with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Also, I see that V has really decided to go all-out in the Raistlin Majere School of Magical Theory, the number one tenant of which being the amount of power you can wield is directly proportional to how much you gently caress your body up. He's, uh, looking quite bad!

I think that may be the John Constantine theory. All Raistlin's health problems were done to him, and he never did anything to make them worse.

Now to go back to the Mega-nerd hideout for crispy Stellas and solo Twister