Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deego
Feb 26, 2008

by Ozma
Bear Grylls got his face annihilated by a bee in a recent episode. I can't find a picture of it. Anyone have it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hope someone puts up a quality cap of that, it could make a great avatar. Also, "got his face annihilated by a bee" is cracking me up.

deego
Feb 26, 2008

by Ozma

EDIT: Finally managed to find a picture. http://beargrylls.blogspot.com/ Didn't know he had a blog...

deego fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 9, 2008

Brick Hardmeat
May 16, 2005

deego posted:

EDIT: Finally managed to find a picture. http://beargrylls.blogspot.com/ Didn't know he had a blog...

I have such a compelling urge to see his face cut open like in Rocky. That's some heinous swelling.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Those drat bees! Poor Bear :(

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Holy hell, he looks like some kind of alien hybrid from The X-Files.

I want to believe :tinfoil:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

McSpanky posted:

Because rattlesnakes and voles aren't sensational enough to give a drat about. As soon as he starts killing baby cows or minks the angry letters will start rolling in.

And because they would actually have to leave their nice comfortable cities with their paved roads, bohemian-themed coffee houses, electricity, day spas and soft beds to go where he does.

Brick Hardmeat
May 16, 2005

Ummm.... where the hell is the new episode of Mythbusters?

They're running part 2 of the Pirate special.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Brick Hardmeat posted:

Ummm.... where the hell is the new episode of Mythbusters?

They're running part 2 of the Pirate special.

ANGGERRRR :argh:

i would like to loving know this as well.

ChrisSa2949
Mar 24, 2004

Nancy Grace(n): See also piece of shit.

cr0y posted:

ANGGERRRR :argh:

i would like to loving know this as well.

Seriously, what the gently caress is going on?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Posting to confirm anger.

Optimus Fish
Apr 16, 2003
From the Mythbusters MB...

quote:

HOT! MythBusters 8/13 and 8/20 premiere episodes have been rescheduled; all-new MythBusters return 8/27 with the NASA Moon Landing episode. Watch this space for updated air dates for the rescheduled Viral Hour and Ninjas2 episodes.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

NUDE GENTLEMAN posted:

I wonder how awful they were that they needed to be rescheduled (recut) that badly.

Man vs. Wild better still be new tonight. :argh:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

IRQ posted:

Man vs. Wild better still be new tonight. :argh:

Seriously, if I don't get Bear Grylls wrestling some goddamn alligators in a few hours, there won't be enough :argh:s in this entire forum!

iLurk
Jul 25, 2007

Who wants to get PREGNANT?!?
Adding in the :argh: no new Mythbusters.

At least Man vs Wild looks good, Bear gets attacked by an alligator.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

what the gently caress discovery, I hope someone gets fired for this. I was looking forward to that all week :(

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

I wonder why they pulled the episodes. It doesn't sound like they pulled them for the Olympics because they certainly would have announced it more than a couple hours before it was supposed to air. I guess I could see legal issues with the Viral Videos episode, but the moon landing one next week is delayed too.

Oh well, women's beach volleyball on NBC right now.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

IRQ posted:

I wonder how awful they were that they needed to be rescheduled (recut) that badly.

Maybe an un-noticed Kari nipslip? :quagmire:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

cr0y posted:

Maybe an un-noticed Kari nipslip? :quagmire:

If it was unnoticed then it would've made it to broadcast :(

wckd
May 4, 2004

So when you see Mr. Cocksmoker later, just walk by and go "Hey Cocksmoker, eat a bag of dicks."

NUDE GENTLEMAN posted:

8/27 what the gently caress. So 2 more weeks for any new Mythbusters.. way to go Discovery.

Splendiferous
May 7, 2006

wah dee dah
Old Man vs. Wild, too. God damnit.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

gently caress you, Discovery.

Nobody cares about the Olympics.

I want Bear noodling for catfish, god damnit.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Splendiferous posted:

So much :argh: right now.

Splendiferous
May 7, 2006

wah dee dah

IRQ posted:

So much :argh: right now.

Me too, buddy. Me too.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Splendiferous posted:

This isn't a new episode? TV guide says it is.

What type of lizard is that?

Splendiferous
May 7, 2006

wah dee dah

TLG James posted:

This isn't a new episode? TV guide says it is.

What type of lizard is that?

The TV guide is wrong. This episode is in Sumatra.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Splendiferous posted:

The TV guide is wrong. This episode is in Sumatra.

Oh drat, I was wondering why it said hurricane katrina... I haven't seen this one before, so yea for me I guess. Discovery.com is wrong too I guess.

Brick Hardmeat
May 16, 2005

Maybe it's because of the olympics?

fake edit: :argh:

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Man, the nerd rage at Mythbusters not being a new episode last night is AWESOME.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9401967776/m/1241997979/p/1

I've never seen such nerd rage at what seems to be a fairly rational decision to not put new episodes up against the olympics.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

burmart posted:

Man, the nerd rage at Mythbusters not being a new episode last night is AWESOME.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9401967776/m/1241997979/p/1

I've never seen such nerd rage at what seems to be a fairly rational decision to not put new episodes up against the olympics.

Yeah, the discovery boards are full of incredibly unbalanced people. Especially the TLC Miami/LA ink boards. They'd probably make a good weekend web.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I finally hooked up Discovery (Canada) HD and holy loving poo poo, I can't force myself to change the channel. That is, until Smash Lab comes on. Airbags on a train? SIGN ME UP.

I watched Fantastic Festivals Germany last night and that was the loving bomb. Bring on the HD How It's Made :whatup:

Edit: I'm a little concerned though, I don't see any HD mythbusters on the schedule through the 9th (as far as zap2it covers my satellite coverage). I've been incredibly out of touch with Discovery but though they'd still be showing some HD MB :(

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 27, 2008

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5

Martytoof posted:

I finally hooked up Discovery (Canada) HD and holy loving poo poo, I can't force myself to change the channel. That is, until Smash Lab comes on. Airbags on a train? SIGN ME UP.

I watched Fantastic Festivals Germany last night and that was the loving bomb. Bring on the HD How It's Made :whatup:

Edit: I'm a little concerned though, I don't see any HD mythbusters on the schedule through the 9th (as far as zap2it covers my satellite coverage). I've been incredibly out of touch with Discovery but though they'd still be showing some HD MB :(
New Mythbusters are usually in HD if a repeat is from a few years ago it won't be in HD but the new episode tonight should be in HD.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Mythbusters is doing the Moon Landing hoaxes tonight.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

So far, I like this episode. It's ultimately pointless since no moon landing tinfoil aficionados are going to change their minds for anyone, but it's still fun.

Karthillion
Mar 18, 2006
Philanthropists Anonymous

Free Market Gravy posted:

So far, I like this episode. It's ultimately pointless since no moon landing tinfoil aficionados are going to change their minds for anyone, but it's still fun.

Seriously. All this will do is make them include the Mythbusters in their conspiracy theories about the moon landing.

Maybe Jamie worked for NASA and HE was the one who faked it in the first place!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

What the gently caress, I can't find this on Discovery Canada HD anywhere. Don't tell me they're not showing any loving Mythbusters in HD :psyduck:

Edit: Even discoveryhd.ca makes no mention of Mythbusters. gently caress you CTV, you probably hosed this up just like you gently caress up everything you touch.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 28, 2008

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Karthillion posted:

Seriously. All this will do is make them include the Mythbusters in their conspiracy theories about the moon landing.

Maybe Jamie worked for NASA and HE was the one who faked it in the first place!

Adam actually mentioned that the conspiracy theorists will just say "well, you're just the kind of guys NASA would hire to fake this in the first place!"

And that's what they will do.

Also, I'm sure Kari and I come from opposite ends of the fashion spectrum, but she can make the workboots and striped armbands work. That blue tunic-looking thing she's wearing is horrible, though.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Bear is pretty wasteful in this episode, throwing away most of a snake, alligator and catfish.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
gently caress, there was a new Man vs Wild & mythbusters tonight? drat THE DNC!!

It's really hard to find MVW episodes anymore since it seems like he feel out of favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Wait, it was a new MvW tonight? Tv guide didn't say it was new.

• Locked thread