Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I'm guessing that it'll run a bit rich.
HD 883 Rejeted to 1200
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/796187296.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric
why in the gently caress?

Does that mean what I think it means? I'm not too carb saavy, but i surely know I'm not reading about some engine mods here so... ?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They must mean that it has 1200 cylinders/heads on the 883 block.

In other news, as seen in a Yamaha QT50 wiring diagram.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wish I'd scanned my Sherpa's shop manual. In the electrical section it had a little diagram of the battery going "Shoosh".

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Phat_Albert posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Harley makes a kit to convert the 883 engine into a 1200 cc engine. The poster of the ad must just be an idiot.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

A random shot of the area where I live and ride, southcentral Alaska, Matanuska Valley. Buffalo Mine road, going down into the canyon.

Hatcher Pass.

Archangel Road in Hatcher Pass

Early season ride, Skyline Drive in Eagle River.

My old Pegaso-sold it, and I miss that bike. Not sure what I'm going to ride this winter. I have ridden the past several winters on studded knobbies all winter, I'll have to write it up some time-worked better than I expected.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
^^ Hey there, tell me about those studded tires. Do them yourself or did you find a tire shop that would do it?

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
I do them myself-no tire shop will touch such a project.

Regular car tire studs in knobby tires, Kenda Trackmasters work the best. You need access to a dremel and a stud gun and a couple hundred studs. They work great and I've never had an off in the winter.

Big Lake, ALaska, from a few years back. My first winter on the studs.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Yeah, I have looked into the tire shop route. Did you find a used stud gun somewhere or buy the $400 one?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Phy posted:

I wish I'd scanned my Sherpa's shop manual. In the electrical section it had a little diagram of the battery going "Shoosh".
i think i saw a bmw engine diagram with an oil cooler that was labeled ölkuhler :hitler:

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Phat_Albert posted:

Nah, they bored out the jets. More gas = more power, amirite?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Durf. 600RR's are like the most dangerous bike on the planet. I would be surprised if 25% of them are still on the road.

The best part is the kids explanation:

It had been raining. I was going to fast around a sweeping curve and the bike started to get squirrly and I grabbed WAY to much front brake and the bike went out from under me. I ended up in trama.

:golfclap:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
This 600RR is still on the road.

edit:

Silver fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 18, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Silver posted:

It seems pressed quite firmly to it.

EDIT: Jesus, besides being enormously fat, that guy must also be like 9 feet tall.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Bob Morales posted:

at least he had his CE approved backpack on for protection

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I didn't know they made over-under central exhaust.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

It seems pressed quite firmly to it.

EDIT: Jesus, besides being enormously fat, that guy must also be like 9 feet tall.

He's going to hit a speed bump and rip his toes off...they're already like 3 inches off the pavement.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

He's going to hit a speed bump and rip his toes off...they're already like 3 inches off the pavement.

Also, who has a buttcrack that goes to the middle of their back?

Man, those pictures bring up so many unanswered questions.

Turtle Parlor
Sep 12, 2005
village idiot
His passenger has a handy place to store a beverage.

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

Turtle Parlor posted:

His passenger has a handy place to store a beverage.

His passanger would have to ride side saddle, or reverse. Probably wouldn't work out anyway, if he sits up they'd fall right off...

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Phat_Albert posted:

But I think he's the only case where someone might legitimately need the power of a 600, although he probably would've appreciated the extra torque of a big v-twin.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Phat_Albert posted:

Looks like a surgical scar... guessing pilonidal cyst. Google it :barf:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wasn't there just a pilonidal cyst thread in GBS? I hear it's almost a biannual thing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

But I think he's the only case where someone might legitimately need the power of a 600, although he probably would've appreciated the extra torque of a big v-twin.
imagine how long he has to slip the clutch with all four of those little 150cc cylinders screaming like mad to get going from a stop light. good thing they have wet clutches.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's the word on posting pictures of non-goons? I went on a day ride on Saturday, and posted a ride report on one of the klr boards, mostly :words: but some pictures, including the guys I was riding with, and I was thinking of crossposting it here.

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric
I'm pretty sure the pictures silver, among others, posted aren't of goons, so I'd say go for it. I know riding and pictures of riding get some of us hot and bothered but I wouldn't equate that with 'homegrown' soooo.... lets have it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phy posted:

What's the word on posting pictures of non-goons? I went on a day ride on Saturday, and posted a ride report on one of the klr boards, mostly :words: but some pictures, including the guys I was riding with, and I was thinking of crossposting it here.

Just make your own thread for it. No need to shove everything into the picture threads.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Yeah make your own ride report thread. I don't think anyone will care if they are goons or not. I've posted a few ride report threads in which the people in them will probably never even see the SA forums.

:cheers:

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Standing on motorcycle stunt goes wrong

Stunna gaffes

Motorcyclist Crashes into Cop's Bike as He's Writing a Ticket

Insane Backflip Accident ends Badly

Police chase motorcyclist who crashes and runs before being arrested

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Those first two videos are harsh. Why on earth don't 'stuntaz' wear gear? You know your going to crash a bunch. Why not armor up? Yeesh.

That first video, dunno what the guys saying but its the equivalent of.. 'yeeaahhh... hosed'

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Spiffness posted:

That first video, dunno what the guys saying but its the equivalent of.. 'yeeaahhh... hosed'

It doesn't really translate well and it's situation specific, but in this case it's pretty much, "Holy poo poo, I can't believe what kind of idiot that guy was. What was he thinking?"

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric
I dunno why, but in that second video at the end, where the guy ends up cuting across 2 lanes of traffic, I just could not stop myself from laughing. In fact I was laughing pretty drat hard during the slo-mo replay. Now I almost feel bad for him.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Xlyfindel posted:

Now I almost feel bad for him.

No you don't. That was THE most colossal gently caress up I have seen in one of these videos. What was that guy thinking?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

He does get pretty sweet, albeit unintentional lean angle right before he gets a crotch full of guard rail.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

My new bike.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

Silver posted:

"In the early 21st century, roving gangs of motorcycle riders would put on a record and attempt to eat from every corner of the Royal Fork, before the record ended.

And so, the 'Buffet Racer' movement was born."

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://tinyurl.com/5l5etc

Amaaaazing.

Teaser:

Multistrada, of all things.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 21, 2008

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

http://tinyurl.com/5l5etc

Amaaaazing.

Teaser:

Looks like a great way to burn your leg. Needs some sort of heat shield. Very cool though.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Z3n posted:

They must've had something against pipe bending I suppose.

e: Upon reading the thread I'm seriously blown away. Having done some fabrication myself these guys are very very skilled. I'd love some of those images in high res just to admire their work. Also it looks like they're planning a carbon fiber pipe cover near the riders legs.

eggyolk fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Just thought I'd post a couple of pictures from my Motocycle-cation I took over the past couple days. I rode down from Dallas to Houston for a concert with a few friends, and then over to San Antonio to see some family, then back up to Dallas. All via the middle of nowhere. It was great, and I love this little bike. I can't believe that a year or so after reading PlasticSuns adventure to mexico and back here I am just getting back from my first motorcycle trip.

So I was riding along heading to Houston, and this road just fell away straight into a lake. Looks like its being used as a boat ramp now. If you look carefully you'll see it rise up out of the lake on the other side. I need a new map.

Click here for the full 1800x1215 image.

Marble Falls Texas, man I love this place. It's really cool to sit out on one of the patios and eat a quick sandwich from one of the local restaurants.

This one's for you silver.

Click here for the full 859x709 image.

I just dodged getting totally soaked on the way back to Dallas, didn't get a chance to stop at the Billy the Kid Museum in Hico though.

EDIT: And no, this trip didn't take place in the late 70's. Disposable camera and all that.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 22, 2008