Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

GiZMO13SOLiD posted:

When I was young my dad had really frequently rent out movies and watch them in our living room, sometimes with guests over and often movies that weren't suitable for children.
So this was about 10+ years ago. I remember seeing a short scene from a movie, I want to say it was the beginning of the film but I'm not sure. Anyway what happens is that a girl is in a bathroom or some other small room in building that reminds me of New York. Some guy comes in maybe her boyfriend (if not, he was raping her?) but he starts making moves on her, maybe just making out or if they got to sexing, I remember it being a lot for my young eyes.
The way the people were dressed remind me of early 1900s.. like Godfather or something (which I've seen none of).

It could be Once Upon a Time in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I have a vague memory of seeing this trailer in the last couple of years:

A group of people wake up in a warehouse and have lost their memory (due to a gas leak or some other macguffin). It's possibly a kidnap gone wrong. Only they have no idea who are the good guy(s) and who are the bad guys.

Ring any bells?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Thirst for Savings posted:

When I was a kid the parents popped in this movie, the Tristar logo popped up, and it had the horse running towards the screen.

However, the horse was laughing like a retard, and when it came to his little jump he yelled out WWHEEEEEEE!

What movie was this?

Look Who's Talking Too is the only one that mentions the Tri-Star Logo on this page: http://members.fortunecity.com/teamfx2000/media/logodescription/logovariations/movies.htm

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hello Pity posted:

I have a vague memory of seeing this trailer in the last couple of years:

A group of people wake up in a warehouse and have lost their memory (due to a gas leak or some other macguffin). It's possibly a kidnap gone wrong. Only they have no idea who are the good guy(s) and who are the bad guys.

Ring any bells?

Unknown with Jimmy Jesus Caviezel
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450340/

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

ECTO-1 posted:

Unknown with Jimmy Jesus Caviezel
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450340/

Thanks! Good cast. It's one of those films I'm not really that bothered to see, I just want to know what the plot/twist is after seeing the trailer.

Bullio
May 11, 2004

Seriously...

Alright, this one might be a little tricky.

I saw this film with an ex who was really into foreign films. This was an asain foreign film about a guy who gets an offer to marry an imigrant so she can get a work visa. He's a worthless thug who has no friends and barely gets by so he decides to take the offer and marry this woman for money. As the movie progresses, he gets a letter from the woman he married and she tells him how he is the only good thing to ever happen to her and that she loves him for the opportunity he gave her. The thing is, the letter was sent after she had died from an illness so the man is in anguish because he never gets to meet her and shes the only person who ever loved him. At the end of the movie, while watching a video of the woman who he married but never met, he's strangled in front of his t.v. by another gangster (with a vaccuum cord or something, can't remember.) So it's a tragedy, if that helps. Thanks.

BrandoButter
Mar 16, 2008
I only have a very vague memory of this film. This one I saw on VHS probably around the mid to late 90s. I remember it had a very sexual atmosphere, and I was probably way too young to see it.

I think it may have been a foreign film. There is a scene where a girl is laying topless on her back in a pool on one of those floating pool chairs and she is talking to some girl who came to visit her and her family.

I'm pretty sure there is a scene later on where a man and a woman pluck olive leaves off a branch and I think they eat them while making out.

There is another film I'm even more foggy about. I think it was on tv in the mid 90s. The only scene I remember is a girl has a miscarriage and her and this guy ride on horse back to go bury it somewhere.

There is a THIRD film that just came up as well. This one was on VHS in the mid 90s. A little asian girl is playing piano in front of a bunch of people and I think she fucks up really bad. At the end of her performance, the crowd is completely silent except for her mother who stands up and claps her screams and yells. I think later on she starts playing in chess tournaments or something.

BrandoButter fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 21, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

BrandoButter posted:

There is a THIRD film that just came up as well. This one was on VHS in the mid 90s. A little asian girl is playing piano in front of a bunch of people and I think she fucks up really bad. At the end of her performance, the crowd is completely silent except for her mother who stands up and claps her screams and yells. I think later on she starts playing in chess tournaments or something.

2 different girls but it's The Joy Luck Club.

BrandoButter
Mar 16, 2008
Yep, that's it! Thanks man, that one has been bugging me for years.

Soapy Joe
Apr 4, 2008

Saw this in the later nineties on Bravo! in the middle of the night. It was animated, but it was not for children. However, the animation was highly stylized and sometimes childish. It was not anime. The main characters were teenagers and I think it was set in the 50s in a major city in north America (most likely the states, but I can't be sure). I started watching halfway through.

One of the guys was your typical quiet, mysterious tall dark and handsome type, but for the life of me I don't remember the specifics of what he looked like. I think his name was Junior. The girl who I think was his love interest had big dough eyes and black hair. She was dressed in black pedal pushers (I think) and a black and white striped shirt. She had a slightly unreal hourglass figure and she was very shy and seemed innocent, as I recall.

Then there was this couple. The guys name was Crazy. He had curly red hair and big comical teeth. I don't remember the girls name but she was a bit fat and was wearing a dress with (I think) a few pettycoats. At one point all four of these characters were in a car and they had just got a lot of burgers at a drive in or something so the car was full of them in classic cartoon style. The burgers were filling all the space in the car. The kids were up to there chests in burgers. In the scene Crazy dove under the burgers like he was gonna gorge on them and came up chewing on the fat girls pink panties.

I think they were in some trouble with the law or something. As I recall, the chief of police was also Crazys father. At the climax Crazy took a bunch of drugs and had a bad trip. He ended up jumping off the roof of a building and landing on the police chief, killing them both.

The final scene in the film takes place years later. The dough-eyes girl is now older, uglier, fatter, shorter, and far more bitter than she was in her youth. She's wearing the same clothes but they are now far less flattering. She's in a bar, drunk, angry and hardened, raving about something. Junior walks in and it's apparent they haven't seen each other in years. She falls into his arms crying and it's fades into the credits.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Soapy Joe posted:

Saw this in the later nineties on Bravo! in the middle of the night. It was animated, but it was not for children. However, the animation was highly stylized and sometimes childish. It was not anime. The main characters were teenagers and I think it was set in the 50s in a major city in north America (most likely the states, but I can't be sure). I started watching halfway through.
Hey Good Lookin'.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Soapy Joe posted:

One of the guys was your typical quiet, mysterious tall dark and handsome type, but for the life of me I don't remember the specifics of what he looked like. I think his name was Junior. The girl who I think was his love interest had big dough eyes and black hair. She was dressed in black pedal pushers (I think) and a black and white striped shirt. She had a slightly unreal hourglass figure and she was very shy and seemed innocent, as I recall.

Then there was this couple. The guys name was Crazy. He had curly red hair and big comical teeth. I don't remember the girls name but she was a bit fat and was wearing a dress with (I think) a few pettycoats. At one point all four of these characters were in a car and they had just got a lot of burgers at a drive in or something so the car was full of them in classic cartoon style. The burgers were filling all the space in the car. The kids were up to there chests in burgers. In the scene Crazy dove under the burgers like he was gonna gorge on them and came up chewing on the fat girls pink panties.

I think they were in some trouble with the law or something. As I recall, the chief of police was also Crazys father. At the climax Crazy took a bunch of drugs and had a bad trip. He ended up jumping off the roof of a building and landing on the police chief, killing them both.

The final scene in the film takes place years later. The dough-eyes girl is now older, uglier, fatter, shorter, and far more bitter than she was in her youth. She's wearing the same clothes but they are now far less flattering. She's in a bar, drunk, angry and hardened, raving about something. Junior walks in and it's apparent they haven't seen each other in years. She falls into his arms crying and it's fades into the credits.

Probably Hey Good Lookin'

e;f,b

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I once saw an old movie probably from the 50s or 60s (in color) that looked like one of those live action Disney family films from that era (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mary Poppins-style). It was about an alien cat that came to Earth and could speak English and whatnot, and part of the movie (maybe the end) was him telepathically lifting a judge up in the air in a courtroom while saying the pledge of allegiance. :wtc:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Riptor posted:

I once saw an old movie probably from the 50s or 60s (in color) that looked like one of those live action Disney family films from that era (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mary Poppins-style). It was about an alien cat that came to Earth and could speak English and whatnot, and part of the movie (maybe the end) was him telepathically lifting a judge up in the air in a courtroom while saying the pledge of allegiance. :wtc:

It's called The Cat from Outer Space, unsurprisingly.

Soapy Joe
Apr 4, 2008

Action Jacktion and FitFortDanga, thank you so much. I don't know what made me remember Vinnie's name as being Junior. :blush:

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Saw this on Cinemax a long time a go, looked like an Emmanuel type film from the 70's about a guy who has sex with one woman in her bed on the second floor while her dad bangs on the wall and tells the couple next door to knock it off, thinking they were making the noise. In another scene, the guy gets a massage from two naked asian women, then has sex with a third, the sex being a negotiation for interest rates, with 3% each 'time' as the terms.

Chris!
Dec 2, 2004

E
I taped a movie from TV when I was a child, but just left the recorder running overnight; I got the first 2/3s of this weird movie afterwards, from the 80's (I'd guess). My memories of it are really fragmented and bizarre; I can't guarantee that I didn't dream the whole thing!

- All this weird stuff starts happening to this guy and he's not sure why, or what's going on

- I believe he witnesses someone die, who then turns up again as though nothing happened

- There's a scene where he walks in on his sister masturbating in the shower, he sees her through steamy glass but it's all hosed up - her body looks like it's twisted and backwards or something. (Maybe it looks like she had a guy in there, and I just didn't understand because I was too young, I'm remembering this all in hindsight!) Then after a moment or two she realises he's there and opens the door, her body is normal again, she's freaking out and telling him to get lost or something, he freaks out and leaves

(I was about 9 when I accidentally watched this; having never seen anything quite so rude before, that's one of the only scenes I remember in detail!)

- Then later on in the film, it sort of turns out that it's this huge conspiracy, everyone in the town is in on it, or at least that's how it seems to him.

- I believe there's a doctor in it who lies to him, and his parents are lying, and when it all starts to go weird and crazy he just runs away from everyone

I remember only a few scenes from it and I know these descriptions are probably too bizarre and fragmented to be of help; but maybe someone recognizes what I'm trying to describe! I missed the end of the film, and I was probably fast forwarding through the rest of the film to see if there were any boobs or anything.

Chris! fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 23, 2008

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Most probably Society.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0098354/

Chris!
Dec 2, 2004

E

Ape Agitator posted:

Most probably Society.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0098354/

That's it! I remember the thing with the tape (which has sounds of his family engaged in an orgy).

I was about 9 when I watched it; from reading the summary on Wikipedia, the film sounds absolutely insane. I didn't watch the ending of it as the tape ran out; I'm going to have to try and track down a copy. I've thought about this film a few times since childhood, it was one of my first real exposures to anything sexual or seedy (or even a horror film I guess; I remember having to watch the tape illicitly, while my parents were out), so I suppose it stuck with me more than some random film would have.

Thanks for the help!

Chris! fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 23, 2008

GiZMO13SOLiD
Feb 10, 2007
yaliyd

Sizzlechest posted:

It could be Once Upon a Time in America

Thank you so much. I went around and found this and watched it, it's the movie! It's not rape that I remembered but I remembered some manhandling.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
I saw a French movie a while back, and from what I remember:

- it was in black & white

- it was about a young boy, maybe 14 years old, who eyes up the local prostitutes in his street, then saves his money, breaks into his piggy bank, steals from the local shop, etc in order to afford to get laid with them (and lose his virginity)

- his dad leaves him, so the local shop owner teaches him how to 'be a man', they buy a car and go off traveling and have adventures

- I think the old guy falls ill while traveling and something happens to the two of them

Anyway, that's all I remember. It was about that, it was B&W, and it was French. What the gently caress was it, because it was really very good?

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

jadias posted:

I saw a French movie a while back, and from what I remember:

- it was in black & white

- it was about a young boy, maybe 14 years old, who eyes up the local prostitutes in his street, then saves his money, breaks into his piggy bank, steals from the local shop, etc in order to afford to get laid with them (and lose his virginity)

- his dad leaves him, so the local shop owner teaches him how to 'be a man', they buy a car and go off traveling and have adventures

- I think the old guy falls ill while traveling and something happens to the two of them

Anyway, that's all I remember. It was about that, it was B&W, and it was French. What the gently caress was it, because it was really very good?

-it was not in black and white

-it was "Monsieur Ibrahim"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0329388/

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
You're absolutely right, that's it, and lord only knows why I thought it was B&W.

Thanks man. :)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
There was a cartoon I watched as a kid, and I'm pretty sure it was pink and girly but the main characters were horses or something and this witch had a bag of some kind of chemical that would enslave them and turn them into dragons. Yeah, wtf?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Blitz7x posted:

There was a cartoon I watched as a kid, and I'm pretty sure it was pink and girly but the main characters were horses or something and this witch had a bag of some kind of chemical that would enslave them and turn them into dragons. Yeah, wtf?
Pink and girly horses makes me think My Little Pony but I can't see any transforming into dragons in the summaries.

(And who spent precious, irredeemable minutes of their lives putting those summaries on Wikipedia? I know I'm in no position to criticise but good god!)

Indecline
Sep 5, 2003

eat my butt into smithereens
This is a longshot but here goes:

90's movie about a guy who complains about everything. A lot of the movie is him speaking to the camera/audience and going off on angry tirades about every little thing that gets under his skin. Almost the entire movie is just him in his apartment griping about things. One thing he complains about is how there is always milk left at the bottom of the bowl after eating cereal no matter how little milk he uses.

I believe he plays a writer who is under a deadline to finish his book/script/etc but keeps getting sidetracked.

edit: It just came to me out of nowhere. High Strung.

Indecline fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 29, 2008

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."
Some kind of 80s horror movie. Saw it when I was a kid, and unfortunately I only remember one scene: guy is in a forest, looking for a girl. He finds her walking slowly away from him, and calls to her. She turns and we see that half her face/neck is really torn up.

I was probably about seven or so when I saw it, and didn't see anything other than that scene. It's bugged me since. Sorry I don't know more.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
I'm trying to work out what the first movie I ever saw was. The earliest I remember were Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest, The little Mermaid, and this one:

A (live action) little boy's house is flooded and he is told by his family he is too young to help. At some point he is turned into a cartoon dog and makes friends with a bunch of animals.

I saw it in about 1989.

If someone recognises this then I can figure out what my first cinema experience was.

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 31, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Transcendent Coupon posted:

I'm trying to work out what the first movie I ever saw was. The earliest I remember were Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest, The little Mermaid, and this one:

A (live action) little boy's house is flooded and he is told by his family he is too young to help. At some point he is turned into a cartoon dog and makes friends with a bunch of animals.

I saw it in about 1989.

If someone recognises this then I can figure out what my first cinema experience was.

Rock a Doodle.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
And I'm sure it was all downhill from there.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

And I'm sure it was all downhill from there.

After skimming the plot, this movie about gender confusion, a chauvanistic magpie and a sociopathic pygmy is no less baffling than when I was six. Kind of makes me glad Little Mermaid was the first thing I saw in a cinema. Thanks for that though, that was fast work.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

Pretzellogic posted:

Some kind of 80s horror movie. Saw it when I was a kid, and unfortunately I only remember one scene: guy is in a forest, looking for a girl. He finds her walking slowly away from him, and calls to her. She turns and we see that half her face/neck is really torn up.

First thing that comes to mind about a guy looking for a girl in a forest is The Evil Dead, but I can't remember if that exact scene was in it.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Pretzellogic posted:

I was probably about seven or so when I saw it, and didn't see anything other than that scene. It's bugged me since. Sorry I don't know more.

It could be Cabin Fever

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."

Topper Harley posted:

It could be Cabin Fever
Saw it about twenty years ago.

Hellborne
Dec 10, 2000

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Older movie. Black and white.

A woman is either dictating or writing a letter to her husband concerning the details of an affair she had. She met a young, handsome doctor by chance while (I think) waiting on her train. They bump into each other a few more times, plan activities during the days they share off, etc. Eventually they fall in love and plan to elope, but circumstances work against them and he ends up fleeing to South Africa and she is left cold and empty and feeling somewhat suicidal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Hellborne posted:

Older movie. Black and white.

A woman is either dictating or writing a letter to her husband concerning the details of an affair she had. She met a young, handsome doctor by chance while (I think) waiting on her train. They bump into each other a few more times, plan activities during the days they share off, etc. Eventually they fall in love and plan to elope, but circumstances work against them and he ends up fleeing to South Africa and she is left cold and empty and feeling somewhat suicidal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brief Encounter

Hellborne
Dec 10, 2000

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
That would be it. Thanks much.

Pyramid Head
Dec 31, 2007

Came out between 1985-2000. Color.

Basically, this kid is in his house being chased by monsters/zombies/something, and runs outside. To his surprise, he runs into his parents. He hugs them, but they themselves then turn into monsters of some kind and he runs off.

I know that's vague, but I'm sure the parents turning into monsters thing might clue someone in.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Pyramid Head posted:

Came out between 1985-2000. Color.

Basically, this kid is in his house being chased by monsters/zombies/something, and runs outside. To his surprise, he runs into his parents. He hugs them, but they themselves then turn into monsters of some kind and he runs off.

I know that's vague, but I'm sure the parents turning into monsters thing might clue someone in.

Does he hug them and his dad says "You've been BAD!" first?

If so, it's probably The Gate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyramid Head
Dec 31, 2007

Glass Joe posted:

Does he hug them and his dad says "You've been BAD!" first?

If so, it's probably [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093075/"]The Gate[/url

That's the one. Thanks.