Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Whoa, got stormed by KTM's tonight. WTF.

First started out with Juan wanting to come over and do his first service. Then Cliff and Bob showed up. I gave them wrong directions thinking wouldn't find it but drat, they got here. I said right, but meant left. Whoops.

Whoa, workin motorcycles, pres butan it go.

Wheres this cuppy thing go? FYI, if you use repsol you don't need that cuppy thing, you're just lucky I had one.

WHERE DA WHEELS GO??? WTF.

Who cares about the wheels. WE FOUND WHERE THE CUPPY THING GOES!!!

Gary shows up on his KTM we all stand around and watch Juan work on his bike while laughing.

Here's the KTM guys all hanging out and me going "Whoa, lot's of KTM's let's hope they don't drop parts everywhere".

KTM'S EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Now they are gearing up to leave, Juan is washing his stuff. They're like "later dude". No parts were left, but Cliff had to lock tight some stuff before leaving at Bob's request.

It's a very clean KTM.

Ok this. THIS. See how he's not looking at backing up but at the yard?? Yeah.

Here they are leaving in a blur. :mad:

BECAUSE THIS IS MY YARD!!!!! THANKS CLIFF!!!

Good times :up :up Thanks for stopping by guys, always fun rapping and hanging out with you all. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Simulated Motocyclist Hitting Highway Guardrail At 60 km/h

Motorist Swerves To Hit Motorcycle :argh:
Upon further review it looks as if the car is trying to overtake the vehicle ahead. The buy in the bike seems to be at fault.

bung fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 24, 2008

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

How does your guy in the lower left ride?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

bung posted:

Motorist Swerves To Hit Motorcycle :argh:
Upon further review it looks as if the car is trying to overtake the vehicle ahead. The buy in the bike seems to be at fault.

You can just barely see the Bug driver flip on their signal as they go to pass and shove the motorcyclist off the road. Guy on the GSX-R got a little too excited to go blowing by people.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

GriszledMelkaba posted:

How does your guy in the lower left ride?

He's got little arms, but is a VERY good rider. He's owned/rides Yamaha R6, for multiple 400+ mile days and track days. KTM 105cc dirt bike, ridden a bunch. Now he's on the KTM690SM. He might have others. Does a lot of his own work on bikes, such as putting on the exhaust on his KTM. He's also loving hilarious/awesome guy all around. He's just made it work.

I guess there was a group ride some time ago and Bob was on it, some newer guys were talking to an older veteran rider and asking the same question, "How is he going to ride... will he be able to keep up?" the veteran replied "Guys, don't worry about him keeping up, you just try to keep up with him". By the end of the ride they were like "Respect." hehe. Bob's loving awesome.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Bah double post.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Silver posted:

He's got little arms, but is a VERY good rider. He's owned/rides Yamaha R6, for multiple 400+ mile days and track days. KTM 105cc dirt bike, ridden a bunch. Now he's on the KTM690SM. He might have others. Does a lot of his own work on bikes, such as putting on the exhaust on his KTM. He's also loving hilarious/awesome guy all around. He's just made it work.

I guess there was a group ride some time ago and Bob was on it, some newer guys were talking to an older veteran rider and asking the same question, "How is he going to ride... will he be able to keep up?" the veteran replied "Guys, don't worry about him keeping up, you just try to keep up with him". By the end of the ride they were like "Respect." hehe. Bob's loving awesome.

I meant no disrespect, I just did a double take looking through the photos and was like "aw hell naw dat boy ain't putting on a jacket on and going out 12 o'clocking his essemm"

Does he have raised bars on his bikes? or does he maintain a full tuck always?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Oh yeah I didn't figure any disrespect intended. Mostly leans forward a lot, I think the only thing he's really done is a throttle thing. He's only got 2 fingers on each arm, so it's to make it easier for to grip/twist.

Trips that he's done so far have been Laguna Seca for MotoGP/Pac 1 on the R6 with a couple of friends.

He actually has a DR650 too I forgot to add that one. On that he went down to Copper Canyon in Mexico(one of my dream trips fyi) with some buddies of ours. Bob's the man. :)

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
FIREFOX 3 YOU PIECE OF poo poo! Another double post for the win.

Other forums I have to alt-s then hit the space bar to get it to post, SA I don't have to but forget about the space bar thing and it's automatic now. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Hey guys, I recently got a bunch of scans of old photos from my dad and there are a few of his old bikes pictured but he can't remember what they are. Can anyone ID these? The first looks like a 2 cylinder Honda but the second I have no clue.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

Paolomania posted:

It looks like an Aermacchi to me, but it could be some other small italian bike, like a Cagiva or Gilera.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Top one is a Honda, drawing a blank on the model of it though.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

WTFBEES posted:

I don't really know what to say about this video except for it contains the only non-gay way for two (or more) men to share a motorcycle. There's other stuff too. Just watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVExD-Fz688

This looks like the most fun, like, ever. I want friends like these, and bikes, and a track.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Kramer's Rant!!! posted:

This looks like the most fun, like, ever. I want friends like these, and bikes, and a track.

ahaha I love the guy that wipes out then does a cartwheel over his crashed bike and holds his head like OH NO!

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

Silver posted:

Top one is a Honda, drawing a blank on the model of it though.

CB-77 possibly

Click here for the full 1600x1064 image.

obso fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 26, 2008

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

obso posted:

CB-77 possibly

Click here for the full 1600x1064 image.

Looks like you found it. Thanks.

wzm posted:

It looks like an Aermacchi to me, but it could be some other small italian bike, like a Cagiva or Gilera.

Aha, it appears to be a Harley Davidson/Aermacchi Sprint 350. Thanks.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I've never been able to equate the sound of the Triumph RocketIII with an aftermarket pipe to any other combustion engined vehicle. Now I can. It sounds very similar to the CBX in the first video below.

Honda CBX1000 Supersport. Pipemaster Exhaust.

Triumph Rocket III and Zard Exhaust

More >4 cylinder goodness.

RICK'S CUSTOM 1980 HONDA CBX

Honda six cylinder GP motorbike

MOTO GUZZI 8 CILINDRI

Benelli Sei

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

bung posted:

I've never been able to equate the sound of the Triumph RocketIII with an aftermarket pipe to any other combustion engined vehicle. Now I can. It sounds very similar to the CBX in the first video below.

Honda CBX1000 Supersport. Pipemaster Exhaust.

Triumph Rocket III and Zard Exhaust

More >4 cylinder goodness.

RICK'S CUSTOM 1980 HONDA CBX

Honda six cylinder GP motorbike

MOTO GUZZI 8 CILINDRI

Benelli Sei

Really? Man, the triumph has a blatty slow revving sound to it, and the CBX just screams. God drat, I would love to flog one of those CBXs.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

Really? Man, the triumph has a blatty slow revving sound to it, and the CBX just screams. God drat, I would love to flog one of those CBXs.

That's the closest I could find to the Triumph off-road pipe. But the Zard is a bit "tinny" sounding.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

bung posted:

MOTO GUZZI 8 CILINDRI
that loving thing made 80hp out of 500cc in 1954. and it was dohc. it's nuts. bmw's fastest bike in 1955 made like 34hp out of 600cc. but it exploded a few times and i think maybe killed a rider in some races, so it balanced out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy poo poo. I think someone made this unironically.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anuv
Apr 4, 2008

by Fragmaster

Phat_Albert posted:

Holy poo poo. I think someone made this unironically.

hahahahah this image owns so much

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

On a Japanese bike no less.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
that's pretty mean he's gonna run over a guy with a cane

Twenty-Seven
Jul 6, 2008

I'm so tired
i don't get it, where is his samurai sword?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Hrm. not sure what I think about this. Found it on Craigslist

quote:

$$$$$$$$ -- DUCATI 999 WARBIRD CUSTOM -- $$$$$$$$

For sale is my one of a kind '03 Ducati 999 Superbike. 5700 miles. You won't see another one like it. I'm a pilot and wanted this bike to resemble the baddest fighter of WWII - the mighty P-51 Mustang. It even sounds similar. Close to $3000 worth of custom House of Kolor paint. The red has a slight metallic, the silver has a very coarse metallic. The darker red stripes have mini flakes in them that really sparkle in the sunlight. The black stripes have airbrushed sculls in them. The frame is a little darker shade of gray than original with some red ice pearl added on top. The airbrushed "nose art" says SEEK & DESTROY above an angry duck riding a missile. It looks awesome in person.
Extras include: Paulimoto black anodized billet open clutch cover, Ducati Performance billet pressure plate with stainless springs and gold anodized retainers, billet gas cap, billet engraved clutch and brake reservoir covers, billet bar end caps, carbon fiber ram air covers, carbon fiber ram air inlets, carbon fiber heel gaurds and exhaust pipe gaurd, carbon fiber key gaurd, Sargent seat, solo tail cowl and standard black rear seat, Puig smoke double bubble windscreen, custom clear LED tail light and turn signals, Vortex sprockets geared lower than stock - 38T rear - 14T front - with gold RK X-ring chain 520 conversion, dual oval LeoVince exhaust cans with cat. converter removed, Dynojet Power Commander mapped to this bike with exhaust, Marchesini wheels, Brembo brakes.
NADA avg. retail is $9765. Add on all the extras I have here worth over $5000 and you're getting a great deal on a very unique bike. I'm asking $10,900 OBO.
This bike is in excellent condition, handles superbly, stops on a dime, and sounds AWESOME !!!! Located near Anderson, just across Lake Hartwell in Ga. If interested, I have many more detailed pictures I can send you. 706-308-6661

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

iroc_dis posted:

The airbrushed "nose art" says SEEK & DESTROY above an angry duck riding a missile. It looks awesome in person.
It's like someone took a rock and roll van from the 80s and made it into a modern day motorcycle. Buy this now.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

ElehemEare posted:

It's like someone took a rock and roll van from the 80s and made it into a modern day motorcycle. Buy this now.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Painting an Italian bike to look like a US fighter plane?

World War II, anyone?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

iroc_dis posted:

Hrm. not sure what I think about this. Found it on Craigslist

So he wants above retail for a Ducati with some aftermarket parts thats painted up like a fighter plane?

Good luck.

quote:

The black stripes have airbrushed sculls in them

Why would you airbrush rowboats into the black stripes?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 29, 2008

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
If it didn't have the tribal arm band, "seek and destroy," and duck riding a missile it would look kinda cool. Regardless, I would much rather spend my money on

quote:

Honda RVT 1000-RC51 Beast-Amazing - $6500

This is not your everyday bike on the road!!! 2004 Limited Edition Nicky Hayden RVT1000 RC51. Clean and clear title. $6500 is less than a third of what is in the bike!!!!!Ducati Killer. It only has about 4000 miles on it(still riding it) and has thousands in upgrades. NADA values the bike at $7856.00 Without all the upgrades. This is a rare beast.
Here is a list of upgrades:
-Sato Banai titanium Exhaust
-Gilles Rearseats(GP Shift)
-Sato Frame Sliders
-Galfer Steel front and rear Brake lines
-USB Power Comander
-Hotbodies undertail kit
-GPR Steering Damper
-Puig Widescreen
-2CT Michelin Dual Compound tires(3 months old)
-15 AFRAM Front tooth
-250 D&D Chain
-41 AFRAM Rear sprocket

Sounds almost too good to be true

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

iroc_dis posted:

If it didn't have the tribal arm band, "seek and destroy," and duck riding a missile it would look kinda cool. Regardless, I would much rather spend my money on

Sounds almost too good to be true

Now that is much better.

Also:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Phat_Albert posted:

Now that is much better.

Also:

If I got one, I would head straight to the DMV trying to get "RACOON" or something similar

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

Why would you airbrush rowboats into the black stripes?

:downsrim:

I don't think anyone else is going to get that.

Me, I'm lusting after one of these or one of these at the moment:

or:

Click here for the full 1280x762 image.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I got it, I just figured it was so bad it wasn't worth commenting on.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
Z3n, why not think about an Aprilia Falco? It's pretty much an early RSV with a half fairing and a cheaper swingarm - everyone I've met who's riden one raves about it.

Darth Llama
Aug 13, 2004

Saw this today. Just. . . wow.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Smirk
Sep 20, 2005

The truth never set me free so I'll do it myself.
Who likes Ducatis? I know I do! (Photos are on Flickr, is that okay?)

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Highway 1 west of Malibu.

My friend and I rode down to the coast from Seattle to LA in August. I'll post a thread once my apartment gets internet and I get my friend's photos.

Somewhere north of San Francisco on Highway 1.

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 31, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Wow indeed. The big purple trike is one thing, but the :wtc: haircut really floored me.