Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Not really mine, but my friend needed his bike picked up from Aurora Suzuki and well...

I had a fun day :)

The beast! 03 SV1000 with a mismatched belly pan and an Obama sticker for extra speed and hope! Just had new power pilots installed so I was careful.

Met some new friends for lunch downtown.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Me trying to look stoic, inside I'm loving jumping with joy!

End to a good ride, after this I rode back to his house and took a bus back home. Well worth the 3 connections from West Seattle.

The 1000 was interesting compared to my old 650, especially without the plastics and a year or two (jesus) without riding. I completely fell back into the addiction, I'm thinking of selling my car this month, getting the Zipcar program and buying another bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Gnomad posted:

that's not yours on the cover of ON this month is it?

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Simkin posted:

The rest looks great, but those headlights look like some hackjob aftermarket kit that you see people throwing onto ratty old flat black painted "streetfighter" rebuilt sportbikes.

Aren't the "street fighters" copying the Speed Triple and not vice versa? I had never seen the dual light setup until I had seen the Speed Triple many years ago.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

bung posted:

Aren't the "street fighters" copying the Speed Triple and not vice versa? I had never seen the dual light setup until I had seen the Speed Triple many years ago.

Neg, streetfighters way predate the S3. It was the hot setup on the old school GSX-R1100s/etc back when people first realized that replacing plastics sucks. Those streetfighters inspired Bloor who then made the S3s.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Morphix posted:

Met some new friends for lunch downtown.

Nice! You get twin racing stripes down your bedspread this time?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GriszledMelkaba posted:

:master:

The internet never forgets

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Phat_Albert posted:

:master:

The internet never forgets

what do you mean condoms don't prevent herpes

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

GriszledMelkaba posted:

oooooooooohhhhhhhhh :fry::drat:

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Kramer's Rant!!! posted:

oooooooooohhhhhhhhh :fry::drat:

For the rest of us who don't have any idea what you guys are talking about. Care to explain a little?

Polynomial
Mar 23, 2005

Look, I'm a liberal guy, voting for Obama, yada yada.
Bought it yesterday for $1k from a guy I know here. It's an '88 ZX600 c1.

Click here for the full 912x684 image.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Valt posted:

For the rest of us who don't have any idea what you guys are talking about. Care to explain a little?

A few years ago, Morphix became an AI motorcycle pariah after repeated failures to learn anything about riding. He ignored our advice repeatedly, crashed a few times, and joked about the motorcycle making him a virtual booby magnet, specifically, getting his knob twiddled by a female passenger.

I thought it was hilarious, but a lot of people really had their panties in a twist. If I'm missing something, please fill me in.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

Valt posted:

Dont worry, I was there and its still over my head.

MetalClawWolf
Jun 1, 2002

Bonus pic of my riding buddy!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Polynomial posted:

Bought it yesterday for $1k from a guy I know here. It's an '88 ZX600 c1.

You paid 1K US? Where are you located? That seems pretty high for a bike in that shape.

Polynomial
Mar 23, 2005

Look, I'm a liberal guy, voting for Obama, yada yada.

Phat_Albert posted:

You paid 1K US? Where are you located? That seems pretty high for a bike in that shape.

Illinois. The fairing is a bit beat up, but everything else is solid (engine, transmission, gauges, etc etc). That and the guy who I bought it from can help me out with working on it and such if I need to.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

MetalClawWolf posted:

Ohhh gently caress you in soo many ways.. I test rode one of those last week and drat! that is a fun fricken bike! Grats

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

MetalClawWolf posted:

690 SMR

HATRED!!! JEALOUSY!!!!

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

MetalClawWolf posted:

oh my, how much did this run you?

VOR LOC
Dec 8, 2007
captured

Infinotize posted:

HATRED!!! JEALOUSY!!!!

I concur.

I would get so, SO arrested with that bike.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

MetalClawWolf posted:

Is it physically possible to ride that bike without either wheelieing on straight bits or luridly sliding corners? Can you hide a week's supply of water in that chimney? Does a front fender that high off the wheel actually prevent any crap from flying up and hitting you in the face?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

MetalClawWolf posted:

So loving jealous! My ninja 500 is getting old I love to run it about town but I need to ride something exciting and beautiful! How much did it run you? If you don't mind answering.

MetalClawWolf
Jun 1, 2002

You guys are going to hate me even more.

I work at a KTM dealership. I got it for $8000.

Is it physically possible to ride that bike without either wheelieing on straight bits or luridly sliding corners?

No.

Can you hide a week's supply of water in that chimney?

No.

Does a front fender that high off the wheel actually prevent any crap from flying up and hitting you in the face?

No.

:D

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

MrKatharsis posted:

A few years ago, Morphix became an AI motorcycle pariah after repeated failures to learn anything about riding. He ignored our advice repeatedly, crashed a few times, and joked about the motorcycle making him a virtual booby magnet, specifically, getting his knob twiddled by a female passenger.

I thought it was hilarious, but a lot of people really had their panties in a twist. If I'm missing something, please fill me in.

Sort of I guess, I posted stupid tit stories because people encouraged the poo poo, and the only time I ever 'ignored' advice was for all of 3 or so posts after I posted the youtube videos of myself riding around, and someone told me that I was leaning incorrectly. I never repeated the mistake again. I read the Twist of a Wrist volumes and loved em before I ever jumped on the bike, but I'll admit I was pretty headstrong and defensive when everyone started jumping down my throat for poo poo they encouraged me to do.

Needless to say I'm planning on buying another bike soonish, I've been dieing to ride regularly again. At this point I'd take a 50cc moped if it had two wheels and I could carve corners with it.

GriszledMelkaba posted:

hahah ouch. My love life has only gotten more bizarre in the past few months, it's pretty surreal. I almost want to get the bike back just so things go back to a more 'normal' :(

Morphix fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 6, 2008

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
No matter how loving lovely my day is, this thing somehow keeps putting a smile on my face.

I think Honda's basically sold me on their bikes for life. Between the somewhat-disturbing reliability and maintenance-less of the Nighthawk 750 and the comfortable and fun VFR800, I am pretty much a slut for Soichiro's company's creations.

I need to get my hands on some Givi hardbags and go touring somewhere on the VFR.

stop! thief!
Jul 21, 2003
cloacula

stop! thief! fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 30, 2018

a new dilemma in each post
May 11, 2006

by Fragmaster
Well it's not quite a bike picture but this just came in for my wr250x, I'm hoping to install it tomorrow, along with the pcIII.

The bike is amazingly fun, even stock and I'll get a hold of a camera soon to post pics of it.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
eh nvrmnd

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!
We just picked this up two days ago for $500, thing is in sweet shape and runs great. Honda CX500. It's actually a very fun little bike, makes a good amount of torque, and when you rev it you can feel the bike twist a little side to side it's cool :)

Also, how many bikes is too many? :smith:

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003

Ripoff posted:

No matter how loving lovely my day is, this thing somehow keeps putting a smile on my face.

I think Honda's basically sold me on their bikes for life. Between the somewhat-disturbing reliability and maintenance-less of the Nighthawk 750 and the comfortable and fun VFR800, I am pretty much a slut for Soichiro's company's creations.

I need to get my hands on some Givi hardbags and go touring somewhere on the VFR.

Do you know what kind of frame sliders you have on there? I have been looking around for some, looks like you had to drill through the fairing to mount those?

Also, I just got my Red '99 VFR today. Although I wish the color weren't so common, it is a hell of a machine.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

MiamiKid posted:

Do you know what kind of frame sliders you have on there? I have been looking around for some, looks like you had to drill through the fairing to mount those?

Also, I just got my Red '99 VFR today. Although I wish the color weren't so common, it is a hell of a machine.

The frame sliders were installed by a previous owner, so I don't know exactly how he did it. However, I do know on the 5th gens that you do have to drill the fairing. If you go to http://www.vfrdiscussion.com I think they have a step-by-step guide to install them without too much trouble.

As for the kind I have, they're R&G Racing products. Basically it goes through one of the engine mounts, and comes in a long clear box. Overall they feel sturdy and solidly mounted, but I'm hoping I never have the chance to test them out.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

that's not yours on the cover of ON this month is it?

Not that I'm aware of. I can't imagine someone who knows me actually using my bike on the cover...I don't have the usual attitude of a lot of BMW owners. You know, BMW bikes being like porcupines, carrying pricks on their back?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

TurboLuvah posted:

Also, how many bikes is too many? :smith:

*shrug* All I know is that the number is at least equal to or greater than 5, as I was quite happy having that number around the house.

That CX is in waaaay nicer shape than I'm used to seeing them around these parts. Are you planning on adding any of the touring fairings on, or keeping it naked?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Sick_Nukes posted:

After 6 months of waiting I was able to pick up my Street Triple last Saturday, unfortunately I had to spend Sunday and Monday at work so I hardly got a chance to ride it. So far I'm loving it can't wait until break in is over.

How do your buddy's like the Axio hard tailbag? Really want to get one of those, would like a review.

Ripoff posted:

I think Honda's basically sold me on their bikes for life.

Welcome to the fold. :)

Sick_Nukes
Aug 10, 2004

Silver posted:

How do your buddy's like the Axio hard tailbag? Really want to get one of those, would like a review.

I actually have no clue who those people where they took off a few minutes after I pulled up, the picture was taken at the Van Sant Airport a local biker stop. Those tailbags do look like they could be useful though....

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.

My 2004 CBR 125, L plates and all.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
loving SWEET cbr125r.

Axio Tail bag: http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/tail_bags/axio/hardpack_motorcycle_tail_bag.html

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

Simkin posted:

*shrug* All I know is that the number is at least equal to or greater than 5, as I was quite happy having that number around the house.

That CX is in waaaay nicer shape than I'm used to seeing them around these parts. Are you planning on adding any of the touring fairings on, or keeping it naked?

I hope not, I know my father loves bags/fairings, but goddamn do I think they ruin the looks of the older bikes. I think it would look too much like a mini Silverwing with fairings/bags. And yeah, neither of us have seen a CX500 in anywhere near this shape, which is partly the reason we decided to buy it :)

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*

Stock, except the blinkers, 2002 and 33k km

yeah i've ridden it :c00lbert:

tbonewalker
Jul 12, 2006
RV90 time. Just put on new tires and shocks.

The shocks came off a late 80's Suzuki quad, and have the same mounting dimensions as stock shocks, though they are a bit wider at the top, necessitating mounting one right side up and the other upside down. I figure this won't hurt anything, but I'm not sure. It seems to handle better now compared to the junk stock shocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colawa
Oct 14, 2006

He came dancing across the water

tbonewalker posted:

I know this isn't the stupid question thread but what kind of riding do you do with a bike like this? They look pretty drat cool to be honest, do you do trails with them? or street?

Colawa fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 6, 2008