Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ozean posted:

I don't know if it's really the right place for this, but These Arms Are Snakes put a song from their new album Tail Swallower & Dove up on their myspace. It's Red Line Season if you couldn't tell.
Anyway, I'm a fan.

Hey that doesn't sound bad, i'll have to check out this bands other albums. Their page also reminded me that bumbershoot in Seattle, WA is coming up in a week. Anyone else going to that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiu Xiu
Jul 10, 2005

no ricky
stop it ricky
cmon ricky
ricky please
So, I went to that show at Mags house and he was a pretty nice dude, we chatted and had a few drinks.

We were hammered by the time I had to leave, he said he would try his hardest to play another Yaphett Kotto show. But, he didn't think it was going to happen.

What is this about him being a rapist?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Cowboy Kyle posted:

Hey that doesn't sound bad, i'll have to check out this bands other albums. Their page also reminded me that bumbershoot in Seattle, WA is coming up in a week. Anyone else going to that?

Their older stuff (pre-Easter) remind me of Drive Like Jehu a lot, but with a more hardcore edge. Also, they're doing a split with Minus the Bear! Now, if only Narrows contributed something. :v:

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Xiu Xiu posted:

What is this about him being a rapist?
No idea, never heard of that.

When I said the roadie for Weekend Nachos was wanted in Indiana it was an intentional fabrication just to gently caress with a good friend of mine, Matt, although I mean technically he's had hilariously near/definitely illegal encounters while being a substitute teacher (ask him about this, not to do with sex or anything). Just to clarify, don't wanna sound like I'm spreading rumors, I was just trying to be a dick to my friend :)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress yes new TAAS makes me happy. I need to see them live many more times before I'll be happy.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Prince Squid is a loving badass song.

edit: Oh yeah the album leaked in case anyone was wondering.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Ozean posted:

edit: Oh yeah the album leaked in case anyone was wondering.

all over dis

United Nations have a stream up. It's pretty's awesome, and Koller's drumming is ace as usual.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

jesus christ, i think Ampere's covers of Money Stinks and the Regulator might be two of the absolute best covers I've ever heard.
So good.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Wizard Mannequin posted:

jesus christ, i think Ampere's covers of Money Stinks and the Regulator might be two of the absolute best covers I've ever heard.
So good.

The last time I saw them they played Money Stinks. It was pretty awesome.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ozean posted:

Seven Curtains is one of the best songs they've recorded.

This UN stuff is pretty good too. I'm just worried because it's another project for Daryl to get involved with that will push back the new Glassjaw.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
I now have a favorite album of 2008

razors edge - thrashing goes lovely

It's been a non-stop solid cd just filled to the brim with energy

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Inspector_71 posted:

Seven Curtains is one of the best songs they've recorded.

This UN stuff is pretty good too. I'm just worried because it's another project for Daryl to get involved with that will push back the new Glassjaw.

I was disappointed that he didn't contribute any (apparent) vocals :(

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Parachute Underwear posted:

all over dis

United Nations have a stream up. It's pretty's awesome, and Koller's drumming is ace as usual.

holy poo poo this is so good. HOLY poo poo THIS IS GOOD.

well drat, here's what could be my album of the year.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Jesus Christ I can't believe C I V I L W A R is finally coming. "Halloween 2005" my rear end, you lazy fuckers.

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

Wizard Mannequin posted:

So good.

Have you heard their cover of Conspiring the Go-Go by Antioch Arrow?

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Whilst farting I posted:

Jesus Christ I can't believe C I V I L W A R is finally coming. "Halloween 2005" my rear end, you lazy fuckers.

Well, that might have something to do with Paddy's ulcers. Those are gnarly.

However, C I V I L W A R is going to rule. I'm convinced Dillinger Four is incapable of writing a bad song.

Funkulous
Jul 15, 2005

by elpintogrande
Seeing Hot Water Music tomorrow night in Los Angeles. I haven't seen them since just after Caution came out, so to say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement. Anyone catch any of their earlier "reunion" shows? How were they?

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Funkulous posted:

Seeing Hot Water Music tomorrow night in Los Angeles. I haven't seen them since just after Caution came out, so to say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement. Anyone catch any of their earlier "reunion" shows? How were they?

Caught the all ages show in Chicago and it was the single greatest experience of my life. I didn't get into them until the end of last year and therefore had never seen them before, so it was pretty amazing. Plus they played Moonpies for Misfits. :v:

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Hey Anthem, did you ever get those records from the Vinyl megathread in the mail? i still havent received mine and was just curious.

and on topic: eagerly awaiting the new WCSL 12"!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parachute Underwear posted:

I was disappointed that he didn't contribute any (apparent) vocals :(

I thought he was doing the screaming?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Inspector_71 posted:

I thought he was doing the screaming?

I'm pretty sure it's Geoff, he does the scream-sing transition a few times and starts screaming something and brings it down to singing. If it's Daryl, well, he and Geoff sound exactly the same. It also sounds pretty similar to how he sounds on the new Thursday records or whatever.

I mean, it'd make sense if it was Daryl though, given the amount of call-and-response there is and how both voices clip together sometimes.

I haven't listened to Glassjaw in a while, but I don't remember any of his screaming sounding like that...

e: then again, it might be the dude from #12 :downs:

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 29, 2008

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

skull pressure posted:

Have you heard their cover of Conspiring the Go-Go by Antioch Arrow?

Yeah, that one's good too, but I'm not familiar with the original so I don't really appreciate it as much as I would otherwise.

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

Angiepants posted:

I didn't get into them until the end of last year and therefore had never seen them before

Same, I saw them in January when they played NJ. It was my first time seeing them, and I was completely blown away.

Funkulous
Jul 15, 2005

by elpintogrande
They closed with Turnstiles. Holy gently caress, I forgot how awesome HWM is live. I like the Draft and I like Chuck's solo stuff, but I'm gonna miss Hot Water even more now that I've seen them again recently.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of Fest
I just found some videos of the Ergs playing at last year's and ho-lee poo poo
I would love to go see these guys play, especially since most of the bands I'd like to see are on hiatus/broken up
Looking at you, Descendents. Time for a new album already

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news
A Southern California underground punk music blog I just started today:

http://walkingwiththeblind.blogspot.com/

I'll post fliers, reviews, and everything Southern California.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

lifeloveregret posted:

A Southern California underground punk music blog I just started today:

http://walkingwiththeblind.blogspot.com/

I'll post fliers, reviews, and everything Southern California.

Oh poo poo. This would be awesome if I still lived in SoCal. Way to start this up after I move up north. Jerk.

The Man The Legend
Dec 17, 2006
Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
Didn't see this posted yet. Fest 7's official site is up:

http://thefestfl.com

I think I'll be flying down to FL this year.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wish I could go, I'd love to see the Souls again. I saw them about a month ago in this tiny venue. We had probably 60 people crammed into a space that could hold maybe 30-35.
It was the best show I've ever seen. Opened with Hopeless Romantic and Say Anything, and it just got better from there.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Just found out that I'm going to The Fest and I have never been more excited. That might just be because it's my first actual festival.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

leisure no capi posted:

Crazy house show at the Panhandle House is always a good idea. Didn't make it to this show because on my way from Kansas City I got in a wreck in Oklahoma. I'll probably never get to see La Quiete, oh well.

Panhandle House loving rules. Last time I was there was for Teenage Cool Kids and Total Abuse there in May when I was back in town. If you don't come out of that house drenched you're doing something wrong. loving Denton crust DIY kids are the best.

Anyways, I got rebirthed into War Hungry after seeing them again recently and I've been killing Return To Earth.

gently caress yes. 715 Panhandle is awesome. We played there this summer with Trifle Tower. TCK are awesome guys as well. The bumper of our van fell off when we pulled into the driveway of the Panhandle house, so we left it there with a thank-you note written in sharpie on it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just heard that the Ergs are breaking up
They're doing shows till November, putting out another 7", and calling it quits

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Dickeye posted:

Punknews.org posted:

The Ergs! are calling it quits. The South Amboy based three piece pop-punk act announced:

"ok. well, it looks like you guys knew us better than we knew us. the ergs are calling it a day. jeff is leaving the band and it wouldn't be the ergs without him. we'll be recording the last couple songs that we've been working on and releasing them on a 7" this fall. we have a bunch of really great shows coming up with some really great bands that we never thought we'd get to play with. our last show will be in new jersey in mid november. more info on that as it becomes finalized. thanks to everyone who listened to us, came to see us, or helped us out in any way. we've made a ton of great friends and played some of the best shows a band could ever want to play."

The band's last full length was Upstairs/Downstairs, released in 2007 by Dirtnap Records, which was followed by a series of vinyl releases including a split with the Grabass Charlestons. The band will of course appear at this year's Fest.

:(

Well, I guess it's better for them to break up than lose a member.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'd like for Mikey to start something new after the Ergs break up
I'd also like for the Steinways to stay together long enough for me to see them

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 7, 2008

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Did no one hear the new Raein? I can't get enough.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Capitan Dad posted:

Did no one hear the new Raein? I can't get enough.

I've only heard the MySpace stream, did a proper copy come out?

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Eleventh He Reaches London are releasing a limited 7" this October and touring nationally around Australia in support of it. It's the first time in a few years people outside Western Australia will be able to see them. They also said their new album is meant to be coming out February next year, but they said the same thing last year so I'm not going to believe it until I get my hands on a copy myself.

Art for the 7" is being done by Seldon Hunt who has worked for some pretty well known bands which is pretty surprising to see, I only have a tiny picture of it though.

wewtat
Jan 24, 2007

These niggas must think I'm sleepin' cauze the weed got me easin'
Whaaaat The Ergs are breaking up?

That just totally ruined my day. I saw them a few months ago in Durham and they were extremely solid.

I'm going to mourn now.

walkingistillhonest
Mar 1, 2007

Dickeye posted:

Mikey is starting something new. He plays in a band called the Used Kids with Nate from the Modern Machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh right on then
Part of the reason I dig the Ergs so much is I love his vocals
gently caress I just missed a chance to see Used Kids in Albany