Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Llama
Aug 13, 2004

Zenaida posted:

Wow indeed. The big purple trike is one thing, but the :wtc: haircut really floored me.

Yeah, the V6 in the back was a good startle, but the beard and hair made it great. Also, I think he has a gas pedal on the right and a brake on the left. I don't think he was using any hand controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

ranathari posted:

Z3n, why not think about an Aprilia Falco? It's pretty much an early RSV with a half fairing and a cheaper swingarm - everyone I've met who's riden one raves about it.

I've ridden one and it's a really fun bike, but for some reason it's super uncomfortable. I may be buying a ZX10 anyways. Shrug. We'll see what happens.

Smirk posted:

Who likes Ducatis? I know I do!

Oh god, I heard a desmosedici when I was up at miller motorsports, it sounded like hell itself come to earth. That engine at 13k is just :fap:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I'm starting a Honda collection.

Except I don't collect the old ones, or the truly unique ones, or the race bikes. I collect the fatties.

By the way, the 5th Gen VFR is a loving hoot to ride. I did 4 hours on it yesterday bringing it back from SC, and it's definitely suited for taking long rides. The only complaints I have are that the engine runs ridiculously loving hot and it makes 95 degree weather really un-fun, and that it's pretty unhappy until it gets up to about 160 degrees. Once past that it's a shitload of fun.

Now to just find a Hindle exhaust and open up the V-4. :fap:

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Smirk posted:

Found out the other day that a guy near me in Columbia, SC has one of those. I guess he races for a Ducati dealership somewhere in the upstate. Wish I could hear one in person. I imagine it sounds like the world ending.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Here's a cool channel on Youtube. Advanced Motorcycle Training Video Footage

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ripoff posted:

I'm starting a Honda collection.

Except I don't collect the old ones, or the truly unique ones, or the race bikes. I collect the fatties.

By the way, the 5th Gen VFR is a loving hoot to ride. I did 4 hours on it yesterday bringing it back from SC, and it's definitely suited for taking long rides. The only complaints I have are that the engine runs ridiculously loving hot and it makes 95 degree weather really un-fun, and that it's pretty unhappy until it gets up to about 160 degrees. Once past that it's a shitload of fun.

Now to just find a Hindle exhaust and open up the V-4. :fap:

Nice, I haven't seen a yellow one before! I haven't heard a Hindle pipe yet that I liked the sound of, but then I've only heard them on inline 4 600s and one R1. I've got a Micron on my 750 and it sounds super sweet.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

ClockworkZero posted:

Nice, I haven't seen a yellow one before! I haven't heard a Hindle pipe yet that I liked the sound of, but then I've only heard them on inline 4 600s and one R1. I've got a Micron on my 750 and it sounds super sweet.

For some weird reason Honda decided every VFR it imported to the US in 2000 would be yellow. I don't know nor understand why but since there aren't many yellow bikes out there it definitely attracts it's fair share of the attention.

I found a preview of the Hindle exhaust on the VFR and it sounds great to me. The VFR's V-4 kind of has a distinctive sound so everyone claims that there "isn't a bad pipe for the VFR". I know I've heard some really terrible sounding 6th gen pipes, but for some odd reason it seems that you can't go terribly wrong with the 5th.

Here's a Two Brothers Exhaust, which I love but you I can't find on the market anymore. Weird. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRmGJNdFwxE

I know the only pipe company I want to stay away from is D&D because their VFR pipes supposedly are so loud they wake the dead, and I don't want to piss of the neighbors or make my ears bleed on a long ride.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ripoff posted:

I know the only pipe company I want to stay away from is D&D because their VFR pipes supposedly are so loud they wake the dead, and I don't want to piss of the neighbors or make my ears bleed on a long ride.

D&D's sound like poo poo on every bike. They're really really loud, thats about all they do.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

mutt2jeff posted:

I had the opportunity to spend 20 miles on my buddies Adventure one afternoon and it was the closest to being on a living breathing animal I've ever exerienced on a bike.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
God drat do I ever wish more bikes still looked like this:

There was one of these at the dealer the other day when I was trying on boots, and I'm glad I didn't have the klr with me, it woulda been a fight with myself to find out what they'd take for it in trade

An adventure/ds bike with an extensive rack system, simple mechanics, and crash protection is the bike of my head. A big fuckoff retro UJM with a square bikini fairing is the bike of my heart.

Phy fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 2, 2008

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phy posted:

God drat do I ever wish more bikes still looked like this:

There was one of these at the dealer the other day when I was trying on boots, and I'm glad I didn't have the klr with me, it woulda been a fight with myself to find out what they'd take for it in trade

An adventure/ds bike with an extensive rack system, simple mechanics, and crash protection is the bike of my head. A big fuckoff retro UJM with a square bikini fairing is the bike of my heart.

God, I saw one of those recently and it sparked me towards UJMs in a way that only a ZRX had done before.

mutt2jeff, that is an awesome picture.

quote:

D&D's sound like poo poo on every bike. They're really really loud, thats about all they do.
Agreed. I don't know how you make a straight pipe louder, but they've done a fantastic job on that.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

A turbo DRZ SM doing wheelies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZKOieHCDD0

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

Z3n posted:

Agreed. I don't know how you make a straight pipe louder, but they've done a fantastic job on that.

I too think my D&D is far to loud, but when it comes to the choices I had for the ex500, I'm happy with the D&D. It sounds really really full on the v-twin, which I like, it is just a tad to fartcany at low rpms. If I were to ever get a bigger bike, I would stick with something else though, it is simply too loud for just cruising. When my 88 ninja 500 is louder than a straight piped GTO, you know something isn't proper.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Smirk posted:

Who likes Ducatis? I know I do! (Photos are on Flickr, is that okay?)

If you got to ride all three of those I will murder you and your children.

Smirk
Sep 20, 2005

The truth never set me free so I'll do it myself.

Revenant.Eagle posted:

If you got to ride all three of those I will murder you and your children.

Hell no. I was the just a newbie who rocked up with a flat tyre on the only non-sport bike in sight, gawking at all the machinery.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

Agreed. I speed a lot more on the 1k now that the +7000 RPM roar from my D&D can is gone. I was literally borderline painful.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I stumbled upon this blog post about miniature motorcycles made of watch parts. It's pretty nifty, check it out.

Watch cycles posted here

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007

Trintintin posted:

...but when it comes to the choices I had for the ex500, I'm happy with the D&D. It sounds really really full on the v-twin...

Isn't the EX500 a 2 cylinder inline just like the EX250?

I'm pretty sure it's not a v-twin.

Talking of Ducatis, I went for a ride yesterday with a guy who owns a yellow 1098S that's only a few months old. He rides the hell out of that thing, it's always spattered with bugs from rides in the country, stone chipped from bombing down gravel roads at speed, and has lowside damage on it after he clipped a kangaroo (though that will be repaired soon apparently).

I'm sure some people will cringe at all that, but personally I think it's awesome that he has a 1098S that gets used for serious corner carving and 4th gear power wheelies, rather than spending it's life in a garage apart from occasional trips to the local latte place.

FlyinDoc fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 7, 2008

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

FlyinDoc posted:

Isn't the EX500 a 2 cylinder inline just like the EX250?

I'm pretty sure it's not a v-twin.

Talking of Ducatis, I went for a ride yesterday with a guy who owns a yellow 1098S that's only a few months old. He rides the hell out of that thing, it's always spattered with bugs from rides in the country, stone chipped from bombing down gravel roads at speed, and has lowside damage on it after he clipped a kangaroo (though that will be repaired soon apparently).

I'm sure some people will cringe at all that, but personally I think it's awesome that he has a 1098S that gets used for serious corner carving and 4th gear power wheelies, rather than spending it's life in a garage apart from occasional trips to the local latte place.

EX500 is a parallel twin, indeed.

Me? I love seeing the Ducs out on the track or bombing backroads. Abuse them, that's what they're built for. It's a little sad when I see one that's immaculately polished and never leaves it's assigned spot under a cover in the garage....go out and RIDE the drat thing!

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

iroc_dis posted:

Found out the other day that a guy near me in Columbia, SC has one of those. I guess he races for a Ducati dealership somewhere in the upstate. Wish I could hear one in person. I imagine it sounds like the world ending.

I saw a guy and his girlfriend in the parking lot of Moe's (at Sandhills), he was riding a new 1098R, and she was on a new 1098S. Those bikes are just works of art, and I hope to own something like it (but not $40k) in the next couple of years. I don't think it was your guy though; they didn't look very comfortable riding. BTW, I think I rode past you filling up on Alpine a week or so back.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWjaP-UC7IE

motogp promo for the race at Indy this weekend.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

echomadman posted:

I am extremely excited for this.

spacepirate
Feb 7, 2005
Yarr mateys!

echomadman posted:

I will be there friday, saturday and sunday. I won tickets from Buell amazingly enough. I am riding down from NW Indiana with a buddy. If anyone wants to meet up send me a PM.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

spacepirate posted:

I will be there friday, saturday and sunday. I won tickets from Buell amazingly enough. I am riding down from NW Indiana with a buddy. If anyone wants to meet up send me a PM.

I'll be there as well; Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. I'll send you a PM.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Not a motorcycle per se, but a 2.8L, 400 horse, 10,000rpm, crossplane crank V8 based on the Hayabusa engine.

http://forums.autosport.com/showthread.php?threadid=95047

I want one.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

2009 Yamaha R1 with big bang engine

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus
How are we going to return that keg from that party? Hey wait I know!

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

echomadman posted:

I can't seem to find when and what channel this will be on. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Pretty sure it's going to be on CBS. Not sure if live or not. Man I wish I was going.

Also the keg strapped to back is awesome.

edit: Oops, yeah it's on NBC.

Silver fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 10, 2008

bung
Dec 14, 2004

The Indy GP is live on NBC at 2pm CDT.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
Awesome, thanks. I'll have my beer ready at 1 eastern!

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

predictive posted:

BTW, I think I rode past you filling up on Alpine a week or so back.

I wish. My poo poo is all broked right now. loving carbs are so dirty it won't idle so I can't ride it to the shop to get cleaned. I'm going to have to have it towed up there by AAA

First Time Caller
Nov 1, 2004

They painted the windshield black? WHY? Still buying it though, can't beat $800. For some reason all i can think of is T-T-T-TERMINATOR

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
loving hell. The RC51 for sale in my town that I posted a bit ago has been reduced to $6000

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

finally got some pics off my cellphone (the bluetooth quit working)

I wasn't enamored with the Ducati 1098... until I saw it in black

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Dual sports are serious dirtbikes.

http://motocross.transworld.net/2008/09/10/texas-grudge-match/

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Retarded Pimp posted:

Dual sports are serious dirtbikes.

http://motocross.transworld.net/2008/09/10/texas-grudge-match/

That is awesome.. Loved it when he was up on the passenger pegs, lol.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Haha, thats sweet!! He hustled the gently caress out of that thing. Just goes to show, its the rider, not the bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I loving love the horn.