Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Revdomezehis posted:

If this is possible, someone tell me where to buy the game pronto. :\

As far as I'm aware, it's out of print (it came out on 2004, I believe). I got my copy off a friend, but a quick look shows me that there's a whole bunch of copies on ebay for fairly reasonable prices. $30-35ish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
Still no word as to when the next chapter is coming out?

At least the PS2 game is all sorts of fun. :toot:

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
This...is gonna get gross.
Still no word on YA's website. And that's pretty much the authority on it, too. Unless someone has a recent issue and they put in a blurb amongst all the bikini girls on every page...

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Revdomezehis posted:

At least the PS2 game is all sorts of fun. :toot:

I'm interested in playing this game. How do you get it to run on a US ps2 and is it in english?

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

GoldenNugget posted:

I'm interested in playing this game. How do you get it to run on a US ps2 and is it in english?

I have HDLoader running on my PS2. Ripped the DVD of the game to the hard drive, then just start up HDLoader like normal and pick it, it runs fine. Being Japanese though, it's not in English, but it's not an overly complex game either.

Most complex part of the game is just knowing what all the level up stuff on the screen means, and for that, http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/915029.html Just read the FAQ there. For figuring out what's going on the game though storywise, you need to have already read the manga and there's a new character guy in the game as well, but that's explained in the FAQ as well.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me
I guess I wasn't the only one looking for the Berserk thread today on the odd chance there was even some sort of an update.

Upon further review I still have the friggin torrent for 297 in my bitcomet.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Revdomezehis posted:

I have HDLoader running on my PS2. Ripped the DVD of the game to the hard drive, then just start up HDLoader like normal and pick it, it runs fine. Being Japanese though, it's not in English, but it's not an overly complex game either.

Most complex part of the game is just knowing what all the level up stuff on the screen means, and for that, http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/915029.html Just read the FAQ there. For figuring out what's going on the game though storywise, you need to have already read the manga and there's a new character guy in the game as well, but that's explained in the FAQ as well.

cool thanks. I'll try to see if I can get HDLoader working on my ps2 slim.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I stole this link from the Bebop thread. It lists the voted top 10 most popular manga in Japan.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2006-10-04/top-10-anime-and-manga-at-japan-media-arts-festival

Berserk is absent from that list. I guess what I'm asking is how popular Berserk is over in Japan? I know the anime didn't do so hot due to late scheduling and whatnot, but how about the manga?

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Dunno about Japan, but when I had NewtypeUSA whenever the latest Berserk volume would be released it would be on the top 5 purchased series for that month, but not even on the top 10 for any other month that it wasn't.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

I stole this link from the Bebop thread. It lists the voted top 10 most popular manga in Japan.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2006-10-04/top-10-anime-and-manga-at-japan-media-arts-festival
drat it's nice to see Mushishi get such recognition. I'm really surprised Eva is still the #1 anime. I guess they have a lot of devotion to the classics.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm almost giving up on these series. It's so sad, really. I'm waiting so long that my interest has just been dying.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Elentor posted:

I'm almost giving up on these series. It's so sad, really. I'm waiting so long that my interest has just been dying.
I don't think I'll ever give it up, but it is frustrating. If the cause is truly the time and effort required for the extensive, sweeping artwork and two page spreads, perhaps there will be a day when Miura decides to tone it down in favor of expediance.

Something kind of similiar happened with Avatar, where there were 10 month breaks inbetween seasons and close to that amount of time inbetween mid-season breaks as well. I think I even said the same words way back then on the subject. There was a light at the end of the tunnel for that eventually, and I believe there will be one for Berserk as well.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

I think it says something about this trend for anime in general. We get such a long, engaging plot, that takes two decades to go through, and in the end, you get a conclusion kind of like Stephen King's Gunslinger that just leaves you with the most extreme case of blue balls.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

ArchDemon posted:

I think it says something about this trend for anime in general. We get such a long, engaging plot, that takes two decades to go through, and in the end, you get a conclusion kind of like Stephen King's Gunslinger that just leaves you with the most extreme case of blue balls.

The best decision I've ever made was not reading further than Wolves of The Calla.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Edge Zero posted:

The best decision I've ever made was not reading further than Wolves of The Calla.

I've heard nothing but bad stories about everything past Wizards and Glass.

Wolves of the Calla had a short side-story in a McSweeny's quarterly a few years back. The premise had me cringing the entire time. Someday I'll read Wasteland, it's been on my bookshelf for around 12 years.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If nothing else you should pick up the last book in the store and read the last couple of chapters. You won't be able to believe what King had the gall to write.

EDIT: Wasteland is actually good and you should read it.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
Miura died for our sins :smith:

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

evilsake posted:

Miura died for our sins :smith:

He better not die until he finishes this poo poo. I need closure.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

Jimmybob posted:

If he does I'm going to Japan digging up his corpse and building a Robo-Miura to finish drawing the giant 2 page spreads of Griffith.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

Jimmybob posted:

It would be better for the world if he did die actually.

Rabid fans would devote their lives to learning how to resurrect the dead and therefore all of humanity wins. :toot:

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
At the very least, I hope he has a pile of spoiler papers ready to be released upon death.

If this is so, I think we would better off with him dead now.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

I bet we get like 5 chapters next year tops or something.

I also bet people just clicked this hoping a chapter date was here! That's not my intention though I was sorta hoping someone somewhere had news.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Mr. Deathy posted:

I also bet people just clicked this hoping a chapter date was here!

Screw you, man. :(

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I'm giving up on this manga. It's far too infrequent for the little progress made per chapter. I'll just come back in 20 years when we've gotten another 50 chapters.

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.

YouTuber posted:

Honestly I'm giving up on this manga. It's far too infrequent for the little progress made per chapter. I'll just come back in 20 years when we've gotten another 50 chapters.

I was actually thinking I would try to forget Berserk for a few years after chapter 300—we're at 297 now, if you've forgotten—but unfortunately, at the rate we're going we won't hit chapter 300 until mid-2009. That is, unless Miura jumps into some two chapters per month (or something like that) routine soon, and let's face it: if that were to happen I'd probably get so caught up in the moment that I'd refuse to stop after reading only three chapters. Hell, I wouldn't need to stop if he were to follow such a schedule.

Until a couple months later, anyway, when the next chapter is given an unknown date again.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
He really should just release the rest of the story in text format, and then do his little 3 chapters a year for as long as he wants. Because once I know how the story turns out I won't give too much of a drat anymore. I'll be like "Oh hey an illustrated chapter of Berserk, let's see if it matches up to the written story!" I just want a drat conclusion!

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
So would every chapter spiral into lovingly described sunlight and hair, or would you just turn a page and see "GRIFFITH" and "SPREAD?"

e: four hundred pages about planks of a ship.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Prose. You know, story telling with words? My imagination can make up pictures good enough.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
You don't seem to be too good with words though :ssh:

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog

Zackarotto posted:

I was actually thinking I would try to forget Berserk for a few years after chapter 300—we're at 297 now, if you've forgotten—but unfortunately, at the rate we're going we won't hit chapter 300 until mid-2009. That is, unless Miura jumps into some two chapters per month (or something like that) routine soon, and let's face it: if that were to happen I'd probably get so caught up in the moment that I'd refuse to stop after reading only three chapters. Hell, I wouldn't need to stop if he were to follow such a schedule.

Until a couple months later, anyway, when the next chapter is given an unknown date again.

I left this manga alone for 2 years or so, and came back thinking that caska would be healed, and they would have met the fairy king by then.

Hahahahahahaha.

:(

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Wait, they're meeting who now? I've totally forgotten what they've supposed to been doing up until now because all I remember is GRIFFITH GRIFFITH GRIFFITH GRIFFITH GRIFFITH GRIFFITH GRIFFITH OH MY GOD GRIFFITH.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leonard Leroy posted:

I left this manga alone for 2 years or so, and came back thinking that caska would be healed, and they would have met the fairy king by then.

Hahahahahahaha.

:(

You know what, I'm coming back on 2010. Hopefully caska will be healed by then.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I will be very, very surprised if the fairy kingdom is in perfect working order. I figure it'll be under siege by monsters and guts will save them and MAYBE they will be healed.

Also if this were any other manga it would turn out Puck is the fairy king.

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er

Elentor posted:

yeah ok bro

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
I think Serpico vs Guts was really awesome.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Elentor posted:

They've been trying to get a boat for over a year now, at best they'll be halfway to Elf-land fighting random krakens.

McGrady
Jun 27, 2003

The greatest lurker of all the lower class lurkers.
College Slice
I read up until they found out they had to go to the fairy king like 3 years ago -- they haven't even gotten the boat yet? Holy poo poo. What the hell have they been doing? Draining the drat ocean so they can walk to elf land?

GentlemanLoser
Aug 22, 2007

IT WAS NANOMACHINES, I SWEAR, NANOMACHINES!
stupid plot theories go here -------->

McGrady posted:

I read up until they found out they had to go to the fairy king like 3 years ago -- they haven't even gotten the boat yet? Holy poo poo. What the hell have they been doing? Draining the drat ocean so they can walk to elf land?

They're on the boat right now, they'll probably arrive when we get done with this Griffith aside.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
They got on the boat then angry crocodiles and crazy lightning god dude came around?

I would reread the whole thing, but really, it would just make it hurt more when I reach the end again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Leonard Leroy posted:

They got on the boat then angry crocodiles and crazy lightning god dude came around?

I would reread the whole thing, but really, it would just make it hurt more when I reach the end again.
No, they're firmly at sea. Some pirates came by but were quickly dispatched because apparently the boat they're on is famous.