Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Barometer posted:

"the Man from Earth" sounds awesome, I'm going to try and find a copy of that.
Anyway, I have a pretty vague description of a movie I saw sometime in the 80's or 90's...late 80's seems most likely to me.
Very low budget movie about a disenfranchised youth (wow, not many of those, huh?) running around his crappy town. He looked like a Ramone, tight jeans t-shirt, etc. and was involved with fighting a gang (I don't know if he was really in a gang or not, though).
The moments that stand out in my memory are a running fight scene which was really cool, as I remember (the badass moment thread is what made me think of this movie again) the main guy is is running and one by one, or two at a time he turns to fight, beats them up (one with his own nunchaku, I think) part of it is in a train station.
The other scene I remember was (maybe the main guy) someone getting stabbed at a car, like fifty times. The movie was incredibly low budget, but I remember thinking the fight scenes were really realistic...esp. the stabbing, I cringe thinking about it, hehe.
It's not "brain damage" but the main guy may have been a vet, and may or may not have killed himself at the end.
Any ideas?

That sounds like it could possibly be Deadbeat At Dawn:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099377/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

zombieman posted:

That sounds like it could possibly be Deadbeat At Dawn:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099377/

Oh, man...I think that's it. The name is familiar enough, though the cover art doesn't ring any bells. Dead girlfriend, yeah I'm fairly certain that's it, thanks Zombieman.
drat that was fast, hehe.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
These could be tough, but I know you guys are always up for a movie challenge.

I'm looking to identify 3 movies (might all be the same movie) from short clips of old motorcycle stunts. They're all from a sequence in the movie The Fall, but I wouldn't consider this spoilerish if you haven't seen it,

@
0:30
0:34
1:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18GhuhDInHA

I don't even know how else I could find out?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Pweller posted:

I don't even know how else I could find out?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0460791/movieconnections

:)

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Oh geez... I'll check those out

e: google video had em all, they're not in the connections list

Pweller fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 21, 2008

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I posted this in another thread the other day, but I might have better luck here.

I've been trying to track this down for the longest goddamn time. It was shown on SBS's Eat Carpet (Aussie show featuring short films from around the world) but I can't remember its loving name. It wasn't scary but it was a bit weird... stop-motion claymation of a father and his toddler daughter. The little girl doesn't speak, and the entire film is the pair of them going for a walk, starting off in their living room and then leaving the house, while the father tells the girl the story of her mother's life (she is dead or missing or in an asylum or something). He obviously cares for her, calmly lifting her away from various dangers and putting up with her misbehaviour, while speaking to her as if she were an adult although she barely seems to be listening, and throwing in some black humour she wouldn't understand. The stuff they do on the walk sorta helps tell the story a little bit. The father speaks with an English accent and is bald I think, the music in the background sounded like Erik Satie, and the opening scene was a goldfish in a round glass bowl swimming around and around. I think the title of the film was the mother's name.

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

Pweller posted:

Oh geez... I'll check those out

e: google video had em all, they're not in the connections list

Most of the motorcycle bits were from Buster Keaton's "Sherlock, Jr." (not listed). Check it out -- it's one of the best films of the 20's.

Bolognious Assault
Jun 5, 2008
Grimey Drawer
This movie I saw on TV back in the 80’s sometime. I’m not exactly sure of which part, but I’m thinking mid-80’s. There is only one scene I can remember. There were bad guys that seemed to live in a bowling ball. During the scene the bad guys were each sitting in a finger hole talking (possibly plotting their next move). I’m hoping this is unique enough that someone can identify it.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Starscream posted:

Most of the motorcycle bits were from Buster Keaton's "Sherlock, Jr." (not listed). Check it out -- it's one of the best films of the 20's.

Nah I've seen Sherlock, they're not from that. I'm interested in that movie where the guy rides the motorcycle up beside a speeding train and hops from one to the other. And what looks like a teens-era motorcycle being driven off a cliff.

Basically I'm always on the lookout for interesting things to show at the antique motorcycle club meetings around here.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
Recently I watched a trailer for a movie about a guy who dies, possibly having committed suicide, and goes to a weird purgatory-like world inhabited by ghosts like him. He befriends/meets several of these ghosts and travels with them to the west.
That's all I remember about the trailer and I realize it's incredibly vague, but the movie looked interesting and I haven't been able to find out ANYTHING about it. I believe it's a fairly recent movie as well, if that helps.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

Person Dyslexic posted:

Recently I watched a trailer for a movie about a guy who dies, possibly having committed suicide, and goes to a weird purgatory-like world inhabited by ghosts like him. He befriends/meets several of these ghosts and travels with them to the west.
That's all I remember about the trailer and I realize it's incredibly vague, but the movie looked interesting and I haven't been able to find out ANYTHING about it. I believe it's a fairly recent movie as well, if that helps.

Is it Wristcutters: A Love Story?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Person Dyslexic posted:

Wristcutters.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

MachineryNoise posted:

Is it Wristcutters: A Love Story?

Thank you, it is!

DarkSun6890
Sep 16, 2005
The Magic Turkey Sandwich Box and I
I remember watching the trailer wanting to see this, but never saw it in amy theater. It was about a kid who was evil, he killed his newborn brother (?) and maybe even mother. I know it was within the last three years, and definitely was not the omen. i'm pretty sure the title was the boys name. Any ideas?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

DarkSun6890 posted:

I remember watching the trailer wanting to see this, but never saw it in amy theater. It was about a kid who was evil, he killed his newborn brother (?) and maybe even mother. I know it was within the last three years, and definitely was not the omen. i'm pretty sure the title was the boys name. Any ideas?

Could be Joshua, starring Sam Rockwell. Trailer can be found here.

DarkSun6890
Sep 16, 2005
The Magic Turkey Sandwich Box and I

morestuff posted:

Could be Joshua, starring Sam Rockwell. Trailer can be found here.

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!

FeedbackBsr
Apr 26, 2007
Ok, this is probably gonna be a hard one, because I remember it being a cool as hell movie about a guy on death row. One scene he gets his last request which for some reason sticks in my head as "get some sex" so a hooker goes to his cell. there's various scenes of his trials as well, and him trying to prove innocence (maybe).

I seriously have NO idea what the movie was called, he MAY have been in Alcatraz but I feel like the movie had a more modern setting. Was made in the 90's I think as I saw it when I used to live in the UK...

Komputernauta
May 16, 2006

I think it was a horror movie. Watched about 15 years ago on TV so it could be from 1995 or earlier.

In this movie there was a room and in that room was a giant painting of a woman. The woman was sad and crying. Then bad stuff happens. I don't remember what exactly but something like murder, death, ghosts, disasters etc. Then the woman on the paiting is not sad anymore and is happy because of the tragedy.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

FeedbackBsr posted:

Ok, this is probably gonna be a hard one, because I remember it being a cool as hell movie about a guy on death row. One scene he gets his last request which for some reason sticks in my head as "get some sex" so a hooker goes to his cell. there's various scenes of his trials as well, and him trying to prove innocence (maybe).

I seriously have NO idea what the movie was called, he MAY have been in Alcatraz but I feel like the movie had a more modern setting. Was made in the 90's I think as I saw it when I used to live in the UK...

Was it "Murder in the First"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113870/

FeedbackBsr
Apr 26, 2007

Topper Harley posted:

Was it "Murder in the First"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113870/

Yes! As far as I can tell, the way Kevin Bacon looks in this is what I had in my head. Thank you kind sir.

LADoMAN
Oct 29, 2007
Lately my life's been all Jekyll and no Hyde...
I've been trying to find this movie forever after seeing it at some friends house, but have no luck in finding out a title. It's sort of new movie, 2002+ I would guess. I don't remember any of the actors in it, only thing is the plot.

It's a sort of coming of age tale involving a mix match of teens in a small town in regular USA, pretty sure it's a mining town and it sort of plays into the plot, anyways, somehow the kids/teenagers get together and form sort of a club where they train in using handguns, they watch movies about guns, read medical journals about getting shot, something i remember is that one of the characters find a passage about a certain spot in the brain you can shoot which releases endorphines and thereby leaving your victim with a smile on his face. Due to some unforseen circumstances(can't remember what) these kids draw the attention of the police, and one of the last scenes in the movie is a big shoot out with the police where alot of police and eventually the kids die..

I'm totally blanking on the title and would love some goon assistance.

[EDIT]
Found it, it was "Dear Wendy" found it by searching plot summary for "gun club" after 2000 at http://www.imdb.com/list

LADoMAN fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 28, 2008

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

Okay, so this is a movie I saw at least 10 years ago on late night TV. It was a horror/slasher type movie. I think most of the movie takes place in a school, but I might be wrong there.

Deaths that I remember:

Someone is locked in some sort of large walk-in oven that is turned on with the door locked.

Someone else has their face smashed into a photocopier machine that continues to spit out images of their mangled face.

Someone else has their head put into a vice

I think most of the murders are done POV style so that the eventual reveal of who the KILLER is, is the big surprise.

Edit: Okay, this one is Cutting Class, which appears to be Brad Pitt's first lead role -- as a serial killer. It was easy enough to find when I learned the American spelling for a vice is "vise."

GlobalMegaCorp fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 28, 2008

Godface
Jun 8, 2007

Awkward Social Situations Established Since 1988
Saw this one ages ago...

It's a sci-fi/thriller about some crew exploring a barren desert planet. I vaguely remember them meeting this creepy boy at this bunker. He's on his own, I think his parents were killed or something. And most importantly, later on you discover this kid is robot. Possibly followed by each crew member bring killed off one by one, just because.

That's all I remember. It was really creepy though and I have to see it again. Hope you can help me out.

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

Godface posted:

Saw this one ages ago...

It's a sci-fi/thriller about some crew exploring a barren desert planet. I vaguely remember them meeting this creepy boy at this bunker. He's on his own, I think his parents were killed or something. And most importantly, later on you discover this kid is robot. Possibly followed by each crew member bring killed off one by one, just because.

That's all I remember. It was really creepy though and I have to see it again. Hope you can help me out.

That'll be Screamers. Decent sci-fi from a Phillip K. Dick story, starring RoboCop!

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
I saw a trailer for a French film quite a while ago, it was about French soldiers who were fighting in Africa during WW II, it even won awards at a bunch of different film festivals but for the life of me I can't remember the name :(.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Yeet posted:

I saw a trailer for a French film quite a while ago, it was about French soldiers who were fighting in Africa during WW II, it even won awards at a bunch of different film festivals but for the life of me I can't remember the name :(.

Possibly "Indigenes", about black/North African soldiers?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0444182/

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

therattle posted:

Possibly "Indigenes", about black/North African soldiers?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0444182/

Ahhh that's it! Thanks man :).

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

Starscream posted:

That'll be Screamers. Decent sci-fi from a Phillip K. Dick story, starring RoboCop!

Screamers 2 is being made for TV right now, BTW. A friend of mine is working on it in Montreal.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

JoeNotCharles posted:

Screamers 2 is being made for TV right now, BTW. A friend of mine is working on it in Montreal.

Looks like it's the same writers, here's hoping it turns out well.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Judge Mathis posted:

This movie I saw on TV back in the 80’s sometime. I’m not exactly sure of which part, but I’m thinking mid-80’s. There is only one scene I can remember. There were bad guys that seemed to live in a bowling ball. During the scene the bad guys were each sitting in a finger hole talking (possibly plotting their next move). I’m hoping this is unique enough that someone can identify it.

Babes In Toyland?

http://www.geocities.com/darksider66/bitl.html

ApocalypsePlease
Aug 3, 2008
OK, this thread is just what I need.

I watched a movie on TV a little while ago about the Bermuda Triangle. Google, wikipedia and IMDB don't help me, no matter how much I search for "movies about the Bermuda Triangle". I'll also preface my info with saying it doesn't appear to be called The Triangle, because IMDB doesn't come up with the right result for that.

What I remember:
Two couples are on holiday in the Caribbean or wherever. Some weird stuff happens where they are, like strange magic ceremonies. They decide to charter a boat out into the area of the Bermuda Triangle, going with the captain of the boat and I think a couple of others. One of the girls sees weird things like a body (child?) in the water, and then they start seeing the funny yellow lights.

They end up god knows where, with no radio contact, and see a famous ghost ship (Mary Celeste, I think). They decide to go on board to look for resources, and when they look back, the line to their little boat has been cut and they can't get back to it.

They stay on the boat. Weird things start to happen, that are reminiscent of the horrors that originally occurred on the boat. One guy goes mad and kills most of them, a couple make it out on a dinghy.

They are picked up after a short while, but then there's a twist at the end; the boat they were on (the one they chartered) was reported missing 10/20/50 years ago or something.

I don't know why I thought it was called The Triangle - maybe it was called something else with just one word. Movie was perhaps the 90s.

If it ends up being called The Triangle, I'll kill someone...after killing myself for being blind!

ApocalypsePlease fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Sep 29, 2008

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ApocalypsePlease posted:

OK, this thread is just what I need.

I watched a movie on TV a little while ago about the Bermuda Triangle. Google, wikipedia and IMDB don't help me, no matter how much I search for "movies about the Bermuda Triangle". I'll also preface my info with saying it doesn't appear to be called The Triangle, because IMDB doesn't come up with the right result for that.

What I remember:
Two couples are on holiday in the Caribbean or wherever. Some weird stuff happens where they are, like strange magic ceremonies. They decide to charter a boat out into the area of the Bermuda Triangle, going with the captain of the boat and I think a couple of others. One of the girls sees weird things like a body (child?) in the water, and then they start seeing the funny yellow lights.

They end up god knows where, with no radio contact, and see a famous ghost ship (Mary Celeste, I think). They decide to go on board to look for resources, and when they look back, the line to their little boat has been cut and they can't get back to it.

They stay on the boat. Weird things start to happen, that are reminiscent of the horrors that originally occurred on the boat. One guy goes mad and kills most of them, a couple make it out on a dinghy.

They are picked up after a short while, but then there's a twist at the end; the boat they were on (the one they chartered) was reported missing 10/20/50 years ago or something.

I don't know why I thought it was called The Triangle - maybe it was called something else with just one word. Movie was perhaps the 90s.

If it ends up being called The Triangle, I'll kill someone...after killing myself for being blind!

how the heck did you miss it on wiki?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Triangle_(film)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 29, 2008

ApocalypsePlease
Aug 3, 2008

ECTO-1 posted:

how the heck did you miss it on wiki?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Triangle_(film)

OK, that's the second incredibly obvious thing I've missed today. I think I was put off by an IMDB user describing it as going for 6 hours...it certainly didn't when I watched it. And I couldn't find a link to it on any page when I searched for Triangle/Bermuda Triangle.

ApocalypsePlease fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 29, 2008

Godface
Jun 8, 2007

Awkward Social Situations Established Since 1988

Starscream posted:

Thank you!

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Some asian movie a couple of years old (probably ~2004), I'm 90% sure it is japanese. Some guy is a low ranking yakuza member and gets a mission to find out if his boss girlfriend is cheating on him. He finds out she is and beats the guy and but send him away alive. He tries to cover it up but fails and is buried in mud.

I don't even remember if the movie was good, I'm just going crazy trying to remember the name.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Klaus Kinski posted:

Some asian movie a couple of years old (probably ~2004), I'm 90% sure it is japanese. Some guy is a low ranking yakuza member and gets a mission to find out if his boss girlfriend is cheating on him. He finds out she is and beats the guy and but send him away alive. He tries to cover it up but fails and is buried in mud.

I don't even remember if the movie was good, I'm just going crazy trying to remember the name.

It's Korean
A Bittersweet Life
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0456912/

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

ECTO-1 posted:

It's Korean
A Bittersweet Life
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0456912/

Thanks! Why can I never remember the english titles :(

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

This from a work colleague of mine:

"Basically, towards the end of movie, the ‘hero’ is forced to run through some sort of warehouse filled with booby traps. He eventually gets caught and faces a ninja (who doesn’t appear to be human), who seems to have a breathing problem. He eventually beats the ninja, but I don’t know what happens after this. The guy playing the ‘hero’ is American from what I remember and the people he is fighting are Chinese (I think)."

Further questioning revealed that it is a kung fu film from the 80s (possibly 90s). I thought it sounded a little like one of the No Rereat No Surrender films (which I haven't seen) but he didn't think so. The only other thing I can think off is one of those lovely American Ninja films (which I also haven't seen).

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

BeigeJacket posted:

This from a work colleague of mine:

"Basically, towards the end of movie, the ‘hero’ is forced to run through some sort of warehouse filled with booby traps. He eventually gets caught and faces a ninja (who doesn’t appear to be human), who seems to have a breathing problem. He eventually beats the ninja, but I don’t know what happens after this. The guy playing the ‘hero’ is American from what I remember and the people he is fighting are Chinese (I think)."

Further questioning revealed that it is a kung fu film from the 80s (possibly 90s). I thought it sounded a little like one of the No Rereat No Surrender films (which I haven't seen) but he didn't think so. The only other thing I can think off is one of those lovely American Ninja films (which I also haven't seen).

I'm fuzzy on my memory of the ending sequence but it sounds a lot like Big Trouble in Little China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolognious Assault
Jun 5, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Abugadu posted:

Babes In Toyland?

http://www.geocities.com/darksider66/bitl.html

Wow. That looks like it! For a while I was beginning to wonder if I dreamed it up. Thanks a lot for the find!