Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

evilsake posted:

DEVELOPING: Rumors have it that an ailing Kentaro Miura has just sold the rights to Berserk to famed mangaka Rumiko Takahashi. No concrete details yet, but Takahashi has stated she wants to take the series in a "more light hearted, romantic comedy direction." Leaked concept sketches show a much older Schierke flirting with and apparently ordering around a now dog-eared Gutts, Serpico wearing monk attire, Farnese sporting a giant boomerang, and a small furry creature who is speculated to be Isidro. There is no sign of Caska, however.

More on this as more information comes out.

That'd be the worst thing to ever happen to any manga.

So, how about the Idea of Evil? Isn't it the best idea for God ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Now, if Akamatsu Ken took it over...

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

evilsake posted:

DEVELOPING: Rumors have it that an ailing Kentaro Miura has just sold the rights to Berserk to famed mangaka Rumiko Takahashi. No concrete details yet, but Takahashi has stated she wants to take the series in a "more light hearted, romantic comedy direction." Leaked concept sketches show a much older Schierke flirting with and apparently ordering around a now dog-eared Gutts, Serpico wearing monk attire, Farnese sporting a giant boomerang, and a small furry creature who is speculated to be Isidro. There is no sign of Caska, however.

More on this as more information comes out.

cooldude2.0 posted:

Now, if Akamatsu Ken took it over...
You bump this thread only to toy with my emotions in such a manner? You two are bad, bad people. :saddowns:

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Turn A posted:

So, um -- has Guts killed Griffith yet?

Are they still on Namek? the ship?

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Are they still on Namek? the ship?

Are they still on the ship to namek boat to fairy island? Fixed it for ya.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
At least they're finally on it, drat.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
I started reading Berserk up till around when they meet the likely 10000 year old witch who looked 12, and got really bored because Guts and his amazing crew was stupid and loving boring and none of the characters besides Guts and Helen Keller were interesting at all, did it pick up or did it keep focusing on those lameasses?

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
poo poo man, at least read to the end of that arc with the witch. Seriously.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

A HUGE FUCKIN BLUNT posted:

I started reading Berserk up till around when they meet the likely 10000 year old witch who looked 12, and got really bored because Guts and his amazing crew was stupid and loving boring and none of the characters besides Guts and Helen Keller were interesting at all, did it pick up or did it keep focusing on those lameasses?

Actually said witch is actually 12 and you stopped before one of the best parts in the manga, ahaha. Guts fighting about a few hundred trolls and ogres, an incarnation of Slann, getting a certain tool that allows him to fight like as much of a monster as the Apostles are, and goes up against a ton of awesome poo poo.

You need to look at the gang as what it REALLY is: an excuse for Guts to give Caska to someone and go rage kill on everything. Plus they get a lot cooler once they prove to not actually be worthless.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zorak posted:

You need to look at the gang as what it REALLY is: an excuse for Guts to give Caska to someone and go rage kill on everything.

That's actually why I hated them, it seemed like a really poor choice to have like four extra characters when one was suitable.

Regardless if it picks up I'll try and read on. That or wait till I'm on my death bed and finish it in 2 hours.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
It picks up and then slows down and then sort of stops for a bit and right now it just bumped itself back to slow.

And yeah, they're still going strong, but it's going to be worth it when they all get sacrificed. :colbert:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

when one was suitable.

Not... really with what Guts goes up against in these arcs.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Roger Explosion posted:

You bump this thread only to toy with my emotions in such a manner? You two are bad, bad people. :saddowns:

Less complaining, more speculation on what Love Berserk would be like.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

jscolon2.0 posted:

Guts is fighting a demon and it knocks him back and he falls on Farnese and his hand is on her boob and she goes "kyaa. Guts no BAKA" and punches him and he flies into the air and disappears with a twinkle of light then the demon probably rapes and kills Farnese.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Then when he came back she'd ride his sword and whisper in his ear "I'm pregnant with demonspawn" and Guts would scream "GRIFFFFFFFIIIIITTTTHHHHHHHH!!!"

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Pff, I'd be more interested in Shoujo Berserk (Christ, Griffith would look even girlier if that's possible): Farnese meets Guts underneath a cherry-blossom tree and awkwardly hands him a scroll then runs away blushing. Guts unrolls it and discovers a love confession together with a small bundle of camp-fire baked sweets. The only difference being this and normal shoujo is that the cherry-blossom tree has corpses hung from it and, after running away, Farnese gets raped by trolls somehow.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
For some reason, I think it would be the other way around and she rapes the trolls. Doesn't Farnese go crazy at one point?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
She was pretty crazy when she first showed up.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
Ya, that's right. Crazy rear end bitch.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
eXCeSS bought me this account because I am a whiny BITCH!
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Guts' surrounding cast was always fun (the old AND new one). Guts by himself is boring because *gasp* Guts is not that great a character.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Nothing is more epic than a possessed Farnese rubbing her crotch on Guts' sword til she bleeds. Well that...and the fact that a demon horse tries to rape her.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
It was really just the one guy complaining about his party. As for me, my second favorite character is Serpico, right behind not-broken Caska.

Serpico is captain of the tennis team and then in a tournament they play their hated next town over rivals captained by Griffith who is a very pretty guy and vice captained by Guts who has an unusually large rac... dammit this isn't any different from the regular show nevermind.

e: watching all of PoT is my greatest shame

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
I dunno, I like Serpico just off his duel with Guts. Too bad he got mike tyson'd. Everyone got a plan, til they get hit.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

cooldude2.0 posted:

It was really just the one guy complaining about his party. As for me, my second favorite character is Serpico, right behind not-broken Caska.

Serpico is captain of the tennis team and then in a tournament they play their hated next town over rivals captained by Griffith who is a very pretty guy and vice captained by Guts who has an unusually large rac... dammit this isn't any different from the regular show nevermind.

e: watching all of PoT is my greatest shame

Armageddon Tennis Ball Attack.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
Serpico is DA MAIN MAN and don't you forget it. I also agree with Farnese doing the crotchy sword-rub being one of the highlights of the series so far.

Guts' problem is that he's like a blank slate Arnold tough guy character without a charismatic movie star like Arnold to bring him to life.

Oh and wtf is up with the sexual tension between him and Schierke? It happened with Jill as well during the Roshinu arc.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Guts only really has any personality when he's dealing with Griffith or Caska (the only people he's actually cared about I guess) so yeah he's kind of bland of late.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

cooldude2.0 posted:

he's kind of bland of late.

Sadly, that's one of the many side effect of the fairy dust addiction. :(

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Algid posted:

Sadly, that's one of the many side effect of the fairy dust addiction. :(

And the development of giant muscles and a lack of any sensation, whether it be pleasure or pain.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Obviously it would be like a truck.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Controversy posted:

Serpico is DA MAIN MAN and don't you forget it. I also agree with Farnese doing the crotchy sword-rub being one of the highlights of the series so far.

Guts' problem is that he's like a blank slate Arnold tough guy character without a charismatic movie star like Arnold to bring him to life.

Oh and wtf is up with the sexual tension between him and Schierke? It happened with Jill as well during the Roshinu arc.

It's like Rambo dude, blank slate square jawed guy always gets the girl. Just in this case the manly man chokes bitches during sex.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Phil_asdf posted:

I could just imagine in 40 years when I'm 60 and suddenly bellowing in victory when the last chapter is released, then trying to explain to my wife and kids that there's this story about this guy with a giant sword that wrecks poo poo up and I've been reading it since I was 20 and then hoping I don't get put in a home.

I won't have to explain Berserk to my family, because I fully intend on reading Berserk to my children. Before anyone argues with my choice, I just have to say that my local library keeps multiple copies of every volume of Berserk, so it's legally educational.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

I wouldn't show Berserk (the manga at least) to family or friends unless they somehow edited a no-rape version of the series.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Twitch posted:

I won't have to explain Berserk to my family, because I fully intend on reading Berserk to my children. Before anyone argues with my choice, I just have to say that my local library keeps multiple copies of every volume of Berserk, so it's legally educational.

Mine doesn't, but they do have Blade of the Immortal next to Snowblind, Dark Victory, and Archie.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Mr. Deathy posted:

I wouldn't show Berserk (the manga at least) to family or friends unless they somehow edited a no-rape version of the series.

I guess that would make it easier to read, since the series would be so much shorter in that case.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007

Twitch posted:

You should also show them A Clockwork Orange regularly from the of four onward.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Guts' surrounding cast was always fun (the old AND new one). Guts by himself is boring because *gasp* Guts is not that great a character.

Blasphemy. Guts was an awesome character in the Golden Age arc. Especially in the anime. Come on, his whole "Humanity will survive no matter if you beat them down" speech was loving awesome.

Then he just got really mad and injured all the time. I'm hoping Caska gets un-Helen Keller-ed soon.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

Aturaten posted:

Then he just got really mad and injured all the time. I'm hoping anything happens, period soon.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Saw a rumour of new chapter on 24th. No source though so don't get your hopes up yet...not worth the disappointment if it's not.

It really should be due by now though so I wont discount it. Miura must be planning on finishing the series someday...

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

You should also show them A Clockwork Orange regularly from the of four onward.

I see we plan to parent children in the same way.

Might as well give them Equus and Fight Club as coming of age presents when they're 9 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Mr. Deathy posted:

Saw a rumour of new chapter on 24th. No source though so don't get your hopes up yet...not worth the disappointment if it's not.

It really should be due by now though so I wont discount it. Miura must be planning on finishing the series someday...

Oh come on you know Miura just loves blueballing his fans.