Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilEighty
May 21, 2006

deliver ham overy the country

dethkon posted:

Everybody knows that the Reverb lightning round is the best. 9-29 is a close second tho, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Is it the one where he's screaming into the mic as loud as he can and his voice is breaking up and poo poo? Very close second place.

I personally love the lightning round in which, during one of the many, many traffic reports, the Aceman cautions listeners to watch out for brake lights (naturally) on the 405, due to a lane closure resulting from a "collision between a tricycle and a nuclear armaments truck".

I live in LA now, and that's pretty much become my default explanation whenever anyone asks if I know why traffic is particularly bad on any given day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Do you do the Ace Rockolla voice, too?

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

dethkon posted:

Everybody knows that the Reverb lightning round is the best. 9-29 is a close second tho, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Is it the one where he's screaming into the mic as loud as he can and his voice is breaking up and poo poo? Very close second place.

http://www.adamlakerscarolla.com/ET_LightningReverb.html

I've read the whole thread, but since it gets updated so slowly I forget if this has been posted. Anyways, enjoy!

I do have to say, after listening to both I prefer 9-29. Better material. If he did THAT show with the reverb, it would be untouchable.

(if, like me, you can't get that lovely player on the page to load, just view page source and download that mp3!)

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Alright, for anyone who cares to, you've GOT to hear this song Lynette came in to do for Adam. Absolutely stellar. 02:23:45 in http://www.mediafire.com/?dytlmtmm3d2

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
OMG Lynette speaks? .. or rather sings? Brilliant. Thanks for the link.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Yeah, she's called in another time in the shows I've listened to (most of '08 at this point) and talked about what a barbeque with Adam and his friends is like. "Hayyy, ya know that girl who killed her daughter? (Kacy/Caylee Anthony) HAAAHHT!"

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but someone just sent me yesterday's TACS. Apparently Mike Rowe is the guest, which is awesome because I have a heterosexual man-crush on him.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zouztmlo5jy

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
hahahahaha oh god lynette is the worst singer i've ever heard in my life

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

The Pantheon posted:

hahahahaha oh god lynette is the worst singer i've ever heard in my life

Have you heard Adam and his deviated septum sing the theme to Taboo 2?

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
Many times, and Lynette trumps the Aceman there. (Even when he's singing that last high note off-key and Anderson always cuts the song off so he sounds like an idiot)

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but someone just sent me yesterday's TACS. Apparently Mike Rowe is the guest, which is awesome because I have a heterosexual man-crush on him.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zouztmlo5jy

Ok, I finished listening and this is easily the best TACS of September. Mike Rowe comes in around 70 minutes into the program and stays for the entire show.

It really makes me miss how Loveline would bring on guests that'd stay on for more than a 15 minute radio interview.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

^ Ditto. I like the long interview/guest participation that Loveline did.

Chrissie Hynde was on the show today and I'm sad that they didn't have nearly as much banter. She came on late, talked for a few minutes and then they did a few songs. :-/

Maybe they're all hush hush cause she and Adam did it in the stairwell of the parking structure. ;-)

RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008

murphle posted:

I can confirm that the "shat" incident was a Good Charlotte episode, but I don't know the date. It's an episode with both members of the band, not one of the other shows where the Benji guy returned about two days later to hang out some more.

Not sure if this was already answered but it's the 2003-06-08 episode at about 60 minutes in.

Feb 2, 2005
Looks like the archive is down for good:

https://www.lovelinearchive.com

McJuicy
May 9, 2008
That loving blows

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
Is there a torrent of those episodes anywhere? I was looking through them the other day, and realized that there are dozens of ones that I've never heard and that aren't in the 40+GB torrent floating around the Internet. All the files were offline when I tried to download them.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
This must've JUST happened, I was still streaming a show when he took the site down. Time to start sending angry emails.

EDIT: Good time for Lovelinecentral.com to go down, too. Really? This is what we're doing? How dare you.

SOME PIG fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 6, 2008

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
Came here to post it. :(

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

Was the Loveline Archive the same group that hosted the 24/7 Loveline stream?

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
Who needs the archive?
http://www.lovelinecentral.com/

edit: since when do none of these links work?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Liface fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 6, 2008

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

Liface posted:

Who needs the archive?
http://www.lovelinecentral.com/

Yeah that don't work.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
The only thing that's at all positive about this all is that you cannot stop information once it's been put on the Internet, and Westwood One will never see a penny from the faithful work and effort put into keeping the show alive by its fans.

Silver Gadget
Apr 17, 2006

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Was the Loveline Archive the same group that hosted the 24/7 Loveline stream?

No, Phil's Loveline is still up and running. Well poo poo... I was kicked off and now I cant connect to the server. Those bastards are taking away my only joy in life!

edit

Alexandr posted:

The only thing that's at all positive about this all is that you cannot stop information once it's been put on the Internet, and Westwood One will never see a penny from the faithful work and effort put into keeping the show alive by its fans.

Hopefully the torrent will see more seeders in the days to come.

Silver Gadget fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 6, 2008

ATLbeer
Sep 26, 2004
Über nerd

Alexandr posted:

That's what they get for hiring piss poor carpenters

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I just kicked off this torrent, seems to be a large part if not the entire lovelinearchive.com site:

http://dl.btjunkie.org/torrent/Loveline-Archive/40325a405ea0fee3d2ae4fdd9f5abb48b5781ca8dba4/download.torrent

Silver Gadget
Apr 17, 2006

weas posted:

I just kicked off this torrent, seems to be a large part if not the entire lovelinearchive.com site:

http://dl.btjunkie.org/torrent/Loveline-Archive/40325a405ea0fee3d2ae4fdd9f5abb48b5781ca8dba4/download.torrent

It has a few 06 shows without Adam but for the most part it is loveline archives. In the last hour the seeders have jumped from 0 to 10 so hopefully the seeder count will continue to increase.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.
Oh god if we lose LoveLine Central as well I might as well end it all. :(!!

Silver Gadget
Apr 17, 2006

The Pantheon posted:

Oh god if we lose LoveLine Central as well I might as well end it all. :(!!

It's gone....God, it's all gone....

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

poo poo, I had just heard about some of the MTV episodes of Loveline going up at Loveline Central, and was planning on grabbing them in the next few days to add to my 72.6 gb LoveLine folder.

RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008
Bad times. :smith:

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007
If you go the Adam Carolla message boards under the loveline forum, you can find some links to some shows from random sites that aren't down yet.

Other than that, I hope someone comes up with a non 50 gigabyte way of getting a loveline fix.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

I have shut down this site today. For a couple of years, I have had sporadic contact with Westwood One about doing something to put this show on a more stable footing. They have mostly ignored me, until recently, when an executive there started making strange and contradictory statements before issuing a nonsensical ultimatum. Adam has often talked about the incompetence of Westwood None and I have now seen it firsthand. As a result, I want nothing to do with them or their show. The only comfort of their incompetence is that they are likely to go bankrupt within a year or so and hopefully whoever buys up these Loveline shows at that time will realize what a treasure they have on their hands.

To all those who have enjoyed the great shows on this site, it has been a great pleasure for me to provide an easier way to get them. I believe this is the greatest radio show ever recorded, which isn't saying much considering radio is so abysmal but Loveline can hold its own against the best of other mediums as well. It's just too bad that this show happens to be owned by people that are so clueless.

To all donors, I will do an accounting of all the money spent over the last 4+ years and return all donations minus the percentage that has been spent, sometime over the coming months. Thank you for supporting this site over the years.
From the cryptic message on the site I get two things:
1. Westwood none is to blame.
2. They are getting stuff taken down but not releasing any of it.

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma
what a lovely day.

I can't even begin to comprehend the logic here, I mean they made the brilliant decision not to keep master copies of episodes. These .mp3s are all that remains of the show.

you can still download a couple songs off the torrent at a time though so all is not lost

EvilLemon
Sep 15, 2004
Squeeze me. I squirt.
Can I ask a silly question?
When did Loveline start playing songs without musical guests on the air. Stryker just all of a sudden goes "yep, one of my favorite bands, right Drew?" and, after a Drew grun, blammo! Instant crap song.
What the hell?

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
Someone should call Carolla's show, this poo poo might spark a good westwood none rant.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Rushmore, please come and update us/comfort us in this tragic time.
I can't take my commute without Loveline, I only discovered it this year, thanks to this thread! I NEED IT. :cry:

Discussion about the site takedowns on the TACS board

Dr. Jack Griffin
Apr 6, 2006

I'm late into this I guess but - is the Loveline Shoutcast channel gone?

Holy poo poo, for 2 years now I've listened to this every night in the shower, while working out, getting ready for work in the morning... It's gone? Forever?

I was streaming from there not 12 hours ago.

EDIT: What's the best torrent at the moment? I know there are a few out there but I'm hearing that people are having trouble connecting to these too?

Dr. Jack Griffin fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 7, 2008

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

It's time to play Spot the Looney!

Bona Weiss posted:

I'm late into this I guess but - is the Loveline Shoutcast channel gone?

Holy poo poo, for 2 years now I've listened to this every night in the shower, while working out, getting ready for work in the morning... It's gone? Forever?

I was streaming from there not 12 hours ago.

I'm streaming from http://challenger.phil21.net:8000/ as I'm posting this - not sure if that's the one you meant, but it works!

Dr. Jack Griffin
Apr 6, 2006

gimpfarfar posted:

I'm streaming from http://challenger.phil21.net:8000/ as I'm posting this - not sure if that's the one you meant, but it works!

Random Loveline! Yes, that's the one! Why is it though that my bookmark of the station doesn't work, nor does searching it through Shoutcast.com?

Thanks so much for the link!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

It's time to play Spot the Looney!

Bona Weiss posted:

Random Loveline! Yes, that's the one! Why is it though that my bookmark of the station doesn't work, nor does searching it through Shoutcast.com?

Thanks so much for the link!

No problem!

I have no idea, though. Never visited Shoutcast.com - I found the link through this thread I think, on this page:

http://loveline.phil21.net/

• Locked thread