Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Please tell me you're kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

LittleCat posted:

We're not doing save-the-dates (though I'm starting to reconsider that decision). But yah, it looks like this is only going to affect two or three couples so maybe I can just talk to them.

Just send it to the girlfriend, there's no guy in the world that would take offense to something so trivial. I can't imagine a girl taking offense to it either, but from my own experience being engaged, I know that they can get really crazy when it comes to weddings.

Adri
Jan 2, 2007
I got taco all over my pants!
I found a deal of a reception place. It's a small golf club and I know they have excellent food/service.

$100 for the room, includes dance floor, tables, and chairs. They have on-site food and it's anywhere from $12-30. I'm not sure if they charge extra for waitstaff but I don't mind since we're getting a steal for the room rental. And they'll decorate!

We will not have an open bar mainly due to the fact that I don't want anyone getting drunk on my dime and making a fool out of themselves. Plus it's a lunchtime reception, a little early in the day for that. We're going to provide champagne, and most likely rent out a bungalow on the beach for an afterparty where I'm going to invite all my sorority sisters who I didn't invite to the actual wedding.

My goal of having venues booked by the end of October has become (almost) true!

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

peanut posted:

This is the dude for me! The photo galleries are impressive, the waterfall is fake but beautiful, the beach is across the street and the hippie minister brings provides and a conch shell. The package prices are convincing.

"When you first enter this Hawaii wedding dreamland through the ornate teak and copper gates, the first words out of your mouth will be something like "Wow" or "Oh my God". You will have just entered the tropical water garden which is almost a psychedelic experience.
Yes, our parrots talk and love posing with the bride and groom."
http://www.hawaiiweddings.com/

"In my very biased opinion, gay male hair and makeup artists just can't be beat! Consequently, we only use gay guys to make our brides look their best for their Hawaii weddings and photo shoots. Heck, our makeup artists make ugly men look like beautiful women so imagine what they can do for our brides. Check out some of the before and after images below."
http://www.hawaiiweddings.com/hawaii-weddings-hair-makeup.html

That guy rules and if I ever planned to get married blazed out of my mind, he'd be the one to go see. Also the before and after is hilarious.

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
I'm conflicted about tipping our wedding hall. They are charging a 17% service charge which is going to be over 1000$. I feel thats a tip enough. Am I wrong to not want to give anyone another red cent?

FidgetyRat
Feb 1, 2005

Contemplating the suckiness of people since 1982

lord1234 posted:

I'm conflicted about tipping our wedding hall. They are charging a 17% service charge which is going to be over 1000$. I feel thats a tip enough. Am I wrong to not want to give anyone another red cent?

Gratuity has always been a major kick in the rear end. I personally feel it should be up to the hall to pay their employees higher.. Especially since gratuity is a set fixed price regardless of how good or bad service is which honestly defeats the purpose of gratuity to begin with. It should be illegal.

But, you won't find anywhere that doesn't take it. So got to just deal...

Now, Onto my questions.. I had a thread for about 5 minutes asking about wedding band info since I didn't think to post that type of stuff in here.. (Don't ask me why).. anyway;

Im torn trying to pick out a band for a few reasons. I would really like something tough so I can beat the hell out of it, so my choices are really Titanium or Tungsten Carbide. I'm a bit worried about the no resizing thing, but I hardly fluctuate weight so I don't think it will be a problem..

Which would you go with or is there some better alternative. I'm not into precious metals because in my mind, efficiency and quality is more important then rarity.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the Tungsten. The suggestion about titaniumkay on the front page is great! their prices are way lower then most other sites that sell these. Probably go with them.

FidgetyRat fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 7, 2008

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008

FidgetyRat posted:

Gratuity has always been a major kick in the rear end. I personally feel it should be up to the hall to pay their employees higher.. Especially since gratuity is a set fixed price regardless of how good or bad service is which honestly defeats the purpose of gratuity to begin with. It should be illegal.

But, you won't find anywhere that doesn't take it. So got to just deal...

Now, Onto my questions.. I had a thread for about 5 minutes asking about wedding band info since I didn't think to post that type of stuff in here.. (Don't ask me why).. anyway;

Im torn trying to pick out a band for a few reasons. I would really like something tough so I can beat the hell out of it, so my choices are really Titanium or Tungsten Carbide. I'm a bit worried about the no resizing thing, but I hardly fluctuate weight so I don't think it will be a problem..

Which would you go with or is there some better alternative. I'm not into precious metals because in my mind, efficiency and quality is more important then rarity.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the Tungsten. The suggestion about titaniumkay on the front page is great! their prices are way lower then most other sites that sell these. Probably go with them.

I chose a tungsten carbide ring. Be warned, they are unbreakable. If you EVER break your finger, get it off quick quick, or you will need some serious emergency work. The only way to break them is to apply counterforce at two points, so two pairs of pliers on either side twisted in opposite directions.

There are tales of hospitals having to call janitors to get them off. Jewelers can NOT remove them with jewelers tools

Generic Superhero
Nov 9, 2000

You've gotta find first gear in your giant robot car.
Next week for me here, time really flies when you're looking forward to something.

Gratuity is becoming a major arguing point for us right now. Is it standard to tip the photographer/DJ? We expect to but I don't know how much is standard or how to give it to them. I don't really think I need to tip the photographer 18% of the total price we paid, cause that would be a lot of money.

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
I think the standard is to tip each $100.

cranberry juice
Feb 15, 2008
This Hawaii dude rules. A lot of that stuff seems pretty off-the-wall, but the beach photographs look really great. (And I'm saying this as someone who was born and raised in Hawaii). I am guessing he's on Oahu, but I can't find anywhere on his site where he mentions that besides "don't get married at Waikiki".

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-budget/articles/wedding-vendor-tipping-cheat-sheet.aspx

Cheat sheet for tipping, including whether or not a tip is expected or necessary. :)

yumemiru
Sep 1, 2006
ikitai yo kimi no machi
We have matching tungsten rings.

I'm somewhat satisfied, but the ring is drat heavy, and it's not very feminine, so I understand why a female sized one was so hard to find.

It's nice though, reaaally shiny and we wear ours pretty much 24/7; it survives, showers, pools, saunas, you name it.

FidgetyRat
Feb 1, 2005

Contemplating the suckiness of people since 1982

yumemiru posted:

We have matching tungsten rings.

I'm somewhat satisfied, but the ring is drat heavy, and it's not very feminine, so I understand why a female sized one was so hard to find.

It's nice though, reaaally shiny and we wear ours pretty much 24/7; it survives, showers, pools, saunas, you name it.

As a guy, I would actually rather the heft and weight. I like my stuff to feel solid. Also the fact that it needs such effort to remove in an emergency actually tickles the nerd in me..

Tungsten it is!.

Going to have to discuss with the fiance the representation of the ring. I don't want either of us to feel bad if the original ring needs to be replaced or is lost. Its just a ring, its what it represents that matters.

Regarding tipping, that guide is confusing. If my hall is already jacking 18%+ out of me, there's no way I'm giving another dime to the reception or other staff related to the hall afterwards.

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008

FidgetyRat posted:

As a guy, I would actually rather the heft and weight. I like my stuff to feel solid. Also the fact that it needs such effort to remove in an emergency actually tickles the nerd in me..

Tungsten it is!.

Going to have to discuss with the fiance the representation of the ring. I don't want either of us to feel bad if the original ring needs to be replaced or is lost. Its just a ring, its what it represents that matters.

Regarding tipping, that guide is confusing. If my hall is already jacking 18%+ out of me, there's no way I'm giving another dime to the reception or other staff related to the hall afterwards.

Absolutely. I ain't giving them a red cent when they already want their grubby paws on an extra grand of my money for their "service fee".

As to tungsten, I bought two of the rings for myself. My fiancee and I both agreed that while keeping the physical ring, having the same ring later on would be key. Buy 2 of them insteadof just 1 because designs may change between now and when/if you lose your ring

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

quote:

If it's covered in the contract, the final bill is typically due before the reception. Otherwise...

It's just saying that if the gratuity isn't included (or if you feel you had outstanding service that warrants more of a tip) how you'd go about doing it. :)

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

lord1234 posted:

I chose a tungsten carbide ring. Be warned, they are unbreakable. If you EVER break your finger, get it off quick quick, or you will need some serious emergency work. The only way to break them is to apply counterforce at two points, so two pairs of pliers on either side twisted in opposite directions.

There are tales of hospitals having to call janitors to get them off. Jewelers can NOT remove them with jewelers tools
These days, most tungsten carbide rings are made with a built in break point - you won't be able to see it, but there's going to be a point in the ring where if you slam it hard enough, it'll crack right in half. You really have to hit it hard though, so don't worry about it on a daily basis. It's just for the aforementioned emergencies.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I got some proofs back and I feel the need to graffiti the internet.

Boring stuff first:
A table!

The head table!

Everyone! (hint: I'm the one in white)

Moving to a new shooting locale!

I have no idea what this was about but apparently it was funny!

I like the prespective on this!

Gettin' our drink on!

There are THOUSANDS of photos to go through but it's been worth the wait. I want to put them all in order and just make a flip book of the day.

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

twinkle, twinkle, little bat
That is an awesomely coordinated wedding. Great pics!

I have to keep telling myself that I do not want to spend 500 dollars on chair covers. I really hate them, I find them uncomfortable, and I don't want to spend money on them. But every time I see a picture of someone's beautiful table setups, I want them.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

We had to pay for the chair covers out of our own pocket because my parents thought it was way too much money, but it just pulled everything together. Since the reception was in a hotel/conference center, all the chairs are an ugly gray/black and I didn't want my wedding to look like it could be taken over by a Toastmasters seminar in 10 minutes.

Splat
Aug 22, 2002
To post a note about engagement ring purchasing:

I highly agree that pricescope.com is a super helpful site. I ended up going w/ another of their recommended vendors, http://www.goodoldgold.com, and much like every single post about them I could find on the pricescope forums, my experience was pretty awesome. No pressure, etc. I think my email thread near the end was over 100 messages back and forth.

The thing I like the most about it is the detailed diamond info pages, where they'll even point out the inclusions for you (example: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4760/), as well as having pics and charts for almost everything.

Looking for insurance/appraising, etc, the pricescope forums are also really good about finding local places that are on the up and up.

I just got the ring yesterday and it really is phenomenal. Even came w/ a 10x loupe to stare at it with :)

I wish I had a digital cam that wasn't my iphone or I'd take pics of it :(

Now time to figure out how to ask her father for permission :(

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Gravitee posted:

white and green

I like that dress! If it's from David's, what item number is it? Is the skirt floor-length or tea-length?

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Thanks for all of the compliments! I had so much fun that day and all of the months of planning, fighting AND anticipation came together nicely.

The bridesmaids dresses are from David's 81594 in clover with an optional white sash and underskirt. My dress was from a standard bridal salon - it's an Ashley Jordan (but it's made by Impressions I believe). It's a floor length dress. Here's one I found online: http://www.onlineweddingdeals.com/pd-ashley_jordan_v402_by_impression_bridal.cfm

Adri
Jan 2, 2007
I got taco all over my pants!
Gravitee, we have nearly the same colors, though I'm opting for an emerald/hunter green and ivory. They do say great minds think alike.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I have to admit that I had other influences with the green and white. I went to Michigan State, worked there for several years, and the ceremony/reception was on campus so it was just natural to have a green and white theme.

As I've mentioned before, I had a hard time getting things to match, but there are a lot more options with a hunter green than the clover color I chose. I know I'm partial to green and white, but they are such classy colors! Plus everyone looks good in green - from a stunning fair/blonde (HI KATIE) to a fabulous woman of color.

Gravitee fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 10, 2008

squirrellypoo
Feb 8, 2003
Gravitee, I love your dress! It's such a beautiful change from the ubiquitous strapless mono-boob necklines. It looks like you had a blast, too. :)

squirrellypoo fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 10, 2008

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

Gravitee posted:

As I've mentioned before, I had a hard time getting things to match, but there are a lot more options with a hunter green than the clover color I chose. I know I'm partial to green and white, but they are such classy colors! Plus everyone looks good in green - from a stunning fair/blonde (HI KATIE) to a fabulous woman of color.
HI MISSUS! We all did look pretty darn good in the green- it helped that we had an awesome hair/makeup artiste as well. :)

squirrellypoo posted:

Gravitee, I love your dress! It's such a beautiful change from the ubiquitous strapless mono-boob necklines. It looks like you had a blast, too. :)

I was cracking up going through her pictures. They really captured how much fun everyone was having and how well the day went in general. One of the best shots was the groom standing on the photographer's stepstool and grinning like he just won the lottery.

As for me, I took advantage of a 30% cash back dealie on eBay to order a "backup" dress from China. It's the dress in the attachment, and I'm still going with a gold color. I'm also having a detachable halter strap added so the girls get a little extra help. I know it's pretty ridiculous to buy two dresses, but they were both cheap so I feel less bad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Oh wow, I love that dress! The neckline is really cool, I've never seen one like that. Hey, speaking of buying dresses on-line, have many of you done that? Aren't you worried about the fit of the dress? I'm asking because I discovered an AWESOME designer thanks to the Off Beat Bride, but she's based in Seattle and there's nowhere with samples out here. I'd have to get my measurements and send it to her and hope for the best without trying anything on first. The cool thing, though, is the fit is guaranteed, so if I need any alterations, or if there's something about the dress I don't like, I can just send it back and she'll fix it for free. However, I'd be really worried about the dress style looking right on me, since I'm *ahem* a little bigger in the midsection & generally a size 14-16. Everyone who knows me that I've shown the dress, though, has said I could pull it off, so I dunno.

Anyway, here's the site, it's the White Yowying dress, you can find it in the "Bridal" section. If I got it, I'd get a sweetheart neckline put on, add a train, and I'd have the embroidery done in dark purple. :3:

http://www.wai-ching.com/

Oh, & what the hell, since I'm risking Kevin seeing all this anyway (besides, he's not going to click on links) here's the other dress I was looking at, I'd get the band in the middle in that "eggplant" color in the swatches on the side.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collect...a0d9566e1c&pg=1

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

The White Yowying dress is pretty awesome looking! But it's hard for me to imagine it on a larger girl, since she's using a little waif to model it. I'm terrible at figuring out what will look good on body types. But I just had to respond, because I almost got that Alfred Angelo! Isn't it lovely?

Oh heck, I may as well show mine off as well. If my fiancé reads this and peeks, he'll have to feel guilty about it forever ;) If he really wanted to snoop, he could look through my bookmarks and find it anyways.

http://www.richmangroup.com/english/collection/MadisonCollection/m3250.htm

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

WOW that dress is stunning!! I absolutely love it! How in the world did you find it??

I know, I'm having such a hard time picturing that dress on me. That first "model" for the dress is the designer, btw! I'm lucky in that even though I'm bigger, I'm pretty drat well proportioned. Part of what I loved about the dress is that you'd be able to see my rear end in it :D I know my fiance would love that! Everyone's told me that as long as I'm wearing something supportive underneath it, I'd be able to pull it off. But it's still SO hard when you can't try it on! I'm thinking of contacting the designer for fabric samples, I think it'd make my decision easier.

That's so funny you almost picked the other dress! It's SO pretty, I love the back/train on it.

Oh, & what is everyone doing for their hair and veils? Obviously it depends on what dress I get, but I figure if it's the Alfred Angelo I'd just get something simple, one layer, just down the back, probably to my elbows, but if I went with the Wai-Ching, I'd TOTALLY want to do a drop veil. I've recently become aware of their existence, & I think they're just so awesome if you have a dress where you could pull it off!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I really like your dress LittleCat. It's very princess-y without being over-the-top girly.

WB - I like the Alfred Angelo better. I get the impression that the Wai Ching dress would only look good on sticks like the model. It's rough because the dresses are really creative and colorful and not too expensive. Maybe you have a friend in Seattle who's roughly the same size as you who could go try one on? I'm the same size as you and I wanted to accent my better features (boobs, neckline) and downplay the middle. I wanted to get an A-line or ball gown type dress with a halter top that covered up the midsection and I didn't have to keep yanking up my dress. I didn't have to wear any shapewear underneath the dress. I was able to breathe and shake my rear end on the dance floor until they kicked us out!

CK - I can't believe you bought a new dress! Haven't you already started the fittings on the other? This one is really pretty but the other one fits with the overall vibe you're trying to create. You'll have to show us pictures when you get the new one in. I'm surprised you posted pictures because Matt is such a jerk about seeing the dress.

Seems like everyone's SOs are goons who are nosey. Goons marrying goons! :glomp:

Also stool photos! Edit: HAHA They look funny on top of each other!

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Gravitee posted:

WB - I like the Alfred Angelo better. I get the impression that the Wai Ching dress would only look good on sticks like the model. It's rough because the dresses are really creative and colorful and not too expensive. Maybe you have a friend in Seattle who's roughly the same size as you who could go try one on? I'm the same size as you and I wanted to accent my better features (boobs, neckline) and downplay the middle. I wanted to get an A-line or ball gown type dress with a halter top that covered up the midsection and I didn't have to keep yanking up my dress. I didn't have to wear any shapewear underneath the dress. I was able to breathe and shake my rear end on the dance floor until they kicked us out!

ha nope, no Seattle friends, although that'd be a good idea! It's so funny that you said we're the same size, I was totally looking at your pictures thinking the same thing. :) Regardless of what kinda dress I wear, I know I'll at least wear some kinda "shapewear" type thing underneath, that's just how I am v:)v In regards to my "better features", though, like I said, I love the idea of being able to see my butt. I dunno, I just like it! :P Which is very unfair, because I *would* like to tone down the tummy. Rarg. It's a conundrum I've been wrestling with. I think the yowying dress is definitely more "me", more modern & whatnot. Also, I don't know if I mentioned it before or not, but I'm going to have blue streaks in my hair :D so a less traditional dress would probably play into that nicely. I'm lucky I don't have to decide this right away, but I will have to do it eventually!

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

While we're posting pictures of wedding dresses...maybe you guys can help. The search is going to be the end of me!

A few months ago, I found a really cute vintage dress at a local consignment shop for $30. I think it's really different than the normal strapless dress you see today, but I don't think it's particularly flattering in the front and I know nothing about alterations or if there's anything that can be done. As you can tell from pics from the back, it originally had sleeves that my grandma removed. The back is the most gorgeous part of it, but most photographs will be from the front anyhow. At the same time, can I justify spending $500+ when I have a fairly pretty dress as is? What are your thoughts? I've included pics of me in another dress that's a strong contender. We also might do a ceremony with just me and my fiance and fly to Hawaii or something, in which case I'd want something much more portable like the last dress. Help!

Or:

Or:

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
I like the middle, more modern one. I think it has a good cut and is more flattering for you. The other two dresses are cute too though!

My main thing is that I'm short (5') and I'm afraid a dress with a train will make me look even shorter, or dresses with princess balloon skirts will make me into a doll :( Oh well, I'm not looking until I exercise a bit more...

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I have to say that there WILL be a lot of pictures of your back. You'll have your back to the crowd the entire time your at the alter, there will be the requisite "walking away holding hands" shots, and plenty of you dancing your first dance from behind so don't disregard it. I love the last dress though, it reminds me of Grace Kelly.

WB - Your designer has a few other dresses that were colorful, sleek and modern. There was one with orange in it that might go great with blue hair. Just a thought. If you're going to be bold, go all out then.

CK - I had a brilliant idea. You should buy two or three more dresses and Cher it up and do dress changes between events. For the sake of my young male relatives, no black thongitards please. (What the hell do you call that thing she wore in the video with all of the sailors?)

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

Hey, thanks for the nice comments about my dress, guys. I really lucked out with it. I was going for much smaller, lighter dresses with fairly straight lines and empire waists and stuff, but the lovely saleswoman at Champagne and Lace grabbed that one for me to try while I was in the dressing room, and I gave it a go. Thank goodness I did - it's absolutely perfect for me! I'm not super girly, but it looks great so who am I to complain?

amethystbliss - I really love the middle dress. It looks quite sexy. Yes, it's more money, but you want to be happy with how you look. The back of the first dress is fantastic, but if you find the front unflattering, that's probably not good enough.

WolfensteinBag - as far as veil stuff goes, I think I'll be having my hair piled up high, with a single layer mid length veil pinned under it. I'm not really clear on the whole veil thing yet, but we ordered one, so hopefully someone will help me sort it out eventually.

Also, you should certainly feel good about going bold with your dress if you want to, but alternative styles + traditional dress can be a great look too. My photographer (blissphotographic.ca) has some really nice shots of a bride with a full tattoo sleeve, and I'm so jealous - I think she looks gorgeous. At least, I think I think that - I can never get the flash site to freaking load, so I can't confirm that I'm talking about pictures that actually exist :(

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

LittleCat posted:

I have to keep telling myself that I do not want to spend 500 dollars on chair covers. I really hate them, I find them uncomfortable, and I don't want to spend money on them. But every time I see a picture of someone's beautiful table setups, I want them.

Gravitee posted:

Since the reception was in a hotel/conference center, all the chairs are an ugly gray/black and I didn't want my wedding to look like it could be taken over by a Toastmasters seminar in 10 minutes.
drat those bloody chair covers!

The reception venue price is everything-all-inclusive ... except for chair covers! Supposedly they're so difficult to put on that they're worth $5 of labour PER SEAT.

The chairs are navy, and with the white/red/silver theme they're going to clash terribly. The bride-to-be is stressing out. Looks like we might have to spend a lump of cash fixing that catastrophe with white chair covers. (We could probably purchase them for less.)

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Thanks for all of the responses! I like the second one better too, I'm just not sure about spending $700 on it. To add to my last post, I think I found the perfect elopement dress (if that's what we decide to do). I went to Toronto for the weekend and found this little number. What do you guys think, is this bridal enough for an impromptu NYC or Hawaii getaway? Sorry it's all crooked.

It's SO stressful not having a clue when the wedding will actually be since we don't know when his visa will be processed. Depending on the time of year, we might have to elope (U.S. immigration requires us to get married in 90 days of his entering the country) or we might be able to hastily throw together a big elaborate wedding. Of course all of this determines what kind of dress I'll have...:sigh:.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Awww, I think that's a great elopement dress! Especially for a NY wedding, it seems very urban cute and perfectly stylish for a quick affair. :)

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

The dress is cute especially with the necklace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

Oh man, start the quote train. Choo choooo.

WolfensteinBag posted:

Oh wow, I love that dress! The neckline is really cool, I've never seen one like that. Hey, speaking of buying dresses on-line, have many of you done that? Aren't you worried about the fit of the dress?
I'm sorta worried about it, but they make it to order to your measurements, plus it's got a lace up back so that when I lose a bunch of weight I can lace it up tighter! :gbsmith: Hey, an excuse to post the back!

Click here for the full 400x601 image.

WolfensteinBag posted:

Anyway, here's the site, it's the White Yowying dress, you can find it in the "Bridal" section. If I got it, I'd get a sweetheart neckline put on, add a train, and I'd have the embroidery done in dark purple. :3:

http://www.wai-ching.com/

Oh, & what the hell, since I'm risking Kevin seeing all this anyway (besides, he's not going to click on links) here's the other dress I was looking at, I'd get the band in the middle in that "eggplant" color in the swatches on the side.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collect...a0d9566e1c&pg=1
If you saw the offbeat bride stuff about Wai-Ching, you probably also saw the Kvetch thread, but if not then check it out - it looks like a girl on page 43 got the same dress you were looking at - and people have posted pictures of how their own dresses have turned out.

That being said.. I like the Angelo better, I think. Have you been able to try that one on? I think the bold color in the cummerbund thing could work just as well with the blue hair as the more "funky" dress!

This rules. I love the side corset-y things Doesn't hurt that the model looks a little like Elizabeth Hurley.

amethystbliss - I would hang on to the two you have, but keep the asymmetrical one on the back burner just in case. The elopement dress is my favorite of them all - so cute!

Gravitee posted:

CK - I had a brilliant idea. You should buy two or three more dresses and Cher it up and do dress changes between events. For the sake of my young male relatives, no black thongitards please. (What the hell do you call that thing she wore in the video with all of the sailors?)
Hahaha, I like the way you think. Too bad that there is no artillery to sit atop at the venue. About the dress - yeah I'm midway through the fitting process at the alteration place with the first one, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like it makes me look porky :( I suppose that I will see what the eBay dress looks like when it gets here, and go from there.

I guess Matt finally wore me down about seeing the dress, because when I was looking at it, I was all "hey, talk me out of this dress" without even thinking about it :xd: