Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0nslaught
Sep 16, 2007

Proving you don't need a slapshot to score goals.

The Clap posted:

It's a Lil Wayne song where he says "And they say" and in the background you hear "WooAAAHHH". That's all I got, but someone must recognize it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hsrkFNodBGQ
Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil Wayne
My roommate started playing this non-stop yesterday. I kind of like it. I think this is what you are talking about.

My request: I need to know where the sample came from I can't get it out of my head.
Its off Lupe Fiasco's Mixtape Revenge of the Nerds.
Lupe the Killer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fLLpxcHBJXQ
Not the Revenge of the Nerds intro, but the sample immediately after that fast forward to 0:35.

Bullet holes enter near the top of your vest, brass knuckles won't help you when your hands ain't clean and you're not dressed for this affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I asked this last year, and I don't think it was ever resolved:

Goth parody of "It's Okay to Wear Sunscreen", same sort of spoken word over a techno track, but with lyrics like:

"Memorize all the lyrics, even if they're in German... [i]especially if they're in German."

"Never forgive an insult to your boots, or to your makeup."

I thought the title was "It's Okay to Wear Black", but Google isn't finding anything on it. Any clues?

I think I have a lead. It might be "Free to Wear Black" by Node Out, however I'm not finding it anywhere comfortably accessible on the Internet, just a zillion "FREE MP3s" generic websites and such.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Triggs posted:

Can someone identify the song being played at 0:22 in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKcbqARC6k

Usually I'm good at tracking down song titles but this one is pretty drat hard to find.

This one is going to be impossible. The "song" being played at 0:22 just sounds like generic techno beat #3.

Aegri Somnia
Sep 19, 2006

by Fragmaster
Here's a stumper:

Where was the photo taken for the cover of Biosphere's Substrata 2?

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.
I heard a song on my local indie station the other day, and the only thing I can remember is that it's a male singer saying "it looks like you've seen a ghost". I've heard it a bunch of times, so it's definitely not obscure. It's driving me nuts. He might be saying "what's the matter, friend, it looks like you've seen a ghost". Thanks. :)

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

chachu, that's The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJi2z3tGKIg

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

scandoslav posted:

chachu, that's The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJi2z3tGKIg

thank you. :)

ToiletPost
Jun 10, 2008
this french rock/punk song in the background, what band or song name?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKdJVtvMX8&feature=related

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Edlard posted:

this french rock/punk song in the background, what band or song name?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKdJVtvMX8&feature=related

Matmatah - Lambé An Dro

Cyne
May 30, 2007
Beauty is a rare thing.

Does this sound familiar?

That's a little excerpt from a piano piece I've been working on, and I can't shake the feeling that I've ripped someone off here. I feel like it could be something by Tim Story since he's a pretty big influence, but nothing specific is really popping up as I'm listening to his stuff here. I don't know, maybe it's just a typical chord progression or something, either way I'd appreciate any insights.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

It's a really stupid looped animation and the music itself is really cheesy trance, but can someone please help to identify the song playing in the background on this..thing?

I've tried running it through Tunatic and various other song identification programs to no avail, and the site from which the animation originated does not list music credits.

ToiletPost
Jun 10, 2008

insomne posted:

Matmatah - Lambé An Dro

Awesome, thanks a lot!

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

colonelSTIZZEVE posted:

It's a really stupid looped animation and the music itself is really cheesy trance, but can someone please help to identify the song playing in the background on this..thing?

I've tried running it through Tunatic and various other song identification programs to no avail, and the site from which the animation originated does not list music credits.

Nish - Sagittarius (Alphazone Remix)

Truly cheesy hardtrance indeed, which is why I'm somewhat ashamed I know this song. ;)

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Triggs posted:

Can someone identify the song being played at 0:22 in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKcbqARC6k

Usually I'm good at tracking down song titles but this one is pretty drat hard to find.

Does anybody at least know what genre this is? House?

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

Triggs posted:

Does anybody at least know what genre this is? House?

I think the best way to describe it would be clubhouse. It's not fast enough for hardtrance or hardhouse, but too loud and pounding for ordinary house/electro house.

Also, this song is not the one you're looking for, but it does bear some resemblance: Derb - Derb (Club Mix).
Maybe check out some of his other tracks or look for similar artists.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
One of my local radio stations runs an "Underage Sets" competition where they get people under 18 to do mixes on-air and then the listeners vote for their favourite and they win cool prizes etc etc

Can someone help me find out what the name of the very last track on this guy's set is? with summer about to roll around in aus, keen to have this one in my playlist :)

http://www.inthemix.com.au/fm/39928/Hubert_FBi_Underage_Sets

A.Spectre
May 30, 2004

Stalking her way into our hearts
There is a song that was popular within the last few years. During the song there's a chorus that seems like it's word for words from a Vybz Kartel song.

Picture me and you, you and me
K.I.S.S.I.N.G , then
Picture me and you, under the tree
F.U.C.K.I.N.G , Aye

I don't particularly remember the "loving" part, but I know the Picture...KISSING" part was in it.

It could very well be the same guy(Vybz) singing it, but I know it's not his version of the song I'm hearing it from. I thought it'd be an Akon song but I relistened to all of his songs I could remember ever giving a listen to and none of them have it. I tend to stick to Timbaland, Sean Kingston and the such if it helps narrow it down.

edit: listening to the song again on youtube. I'm under belief it's actually Vybz Kartel - Picture Me And You. The problem is that I know the music it's playing to is completely different. Does anyone know of any remix's or version that went mainstream in the last few years?

edit2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrWeVV6ccgg this is the version I've heard on youtube. The one that sounds completely different from what I had heard.

A.Spectre fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 13, 2008

SuperS
Oct 28, 2007
i'm not that super, really
need help in identifying an 80/90s rock track where the video is of a band playing inside a closet which eventually falls off a cliff? it has a mellow riff

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

SuperS posted:

need help in identifying an 80/90s rock track where the video is of a band playing inside a closet which eventually falls off a cliff? it has a mellow riff

The Cure - Close To Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3hdytcAUjI

Xenolah
Mar 3, 2007
let's dance to the moon
Hello, I'm looking for a song that sounded somewhat modern (2000s), the music video dealt with love vs lust, this guy would constantly run away from his woman to his mistress. The sound quality on the TV was terrible, so I couldn't get the words, but it sounded like it was spoken by a man with computer enhanced distortion. I can't remember much more, any ideas?

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.
Hopefully this will be really easy, it's been driving me nuts... Does anyone know of a kind of dancey pop song that came out in the late 90s or early 00s that was along the lines of maybe Moby or Narcotic Thrust, with a guy singing? I can't remember the lyrics, but they were about love. It would often be played alongside Eiffel 65 to give you an idea of the time period. This is really vague, but it was a really popular song so hopefully you guys know it.

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

Onion Head Cat posted:

Hopefully this will be really easy, it's been driving me nuts... Does anyone know of a kind of dancey pop song that came out in the late 90s or early 00s that was along the lines of maybe Moby or Narcotic Thrust, with a guy singing? I can't remember the lyrics, but they were about love. It would often be played alongside Eiffel 65 to give you an idea of the time period. This is really vague, but it was a really popular song so hopefully you guys know it.

Prozzak - Sucks To Be You?

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Thanks very much, but that's not it. The song had a pretty serious mood, and it was less energetic than that maybe?

Edit: It was very much like ATB, as a better comparison.

global gobby goon fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 15, 2008

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Rivfader posted:

Nish - Sagittarius (Alphazone Remix)

Truly cheesy hardtrance indeed, which is why I'm somewhat ashamed I know this song. ;)

Hahaha thank you so much! This was bugging the hell out of me.

Jon
Nov 30, 2004
Five minutes and eight seconds into this story's audio, a woman is singing a tune with lyrics about women voting. What is the tune originally from?

Immergeîl
Feb 28, 2004

I wine them and dine them, but I don't let them tell me what to do. I DON'T LET THEM TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
This has been bothering me for 2 days straight. I'm looking for a song that ends on the line:

"Never be alone"

I have a feeling we're talking punk or indie, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I know this is not much to go from, but I really hope someone can put me out of my misery.

EDIT:

FINALLY! loving FINALLY! Figured out it was Streetlight Manifesto - Day In Day Out. Thank God, I was going crazy.

Thanks, insomne for the suggestions though.

Immergeîl fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 17, 2008

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Hope this isn't too vague ...

I'm looking for a death metal cover of a 70's hardrock song. The problem is, I can't remember who made the cover, nor the band who wrote the song to begin with. All I remember is that it starts with a sort of atmospheric synth, and the growl is rather melodic. I think it was Vader, or someone similar. And the original might've been a Deep Purple song.

Any help is appreciated.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

ulvir: Norther - Final Countdown (Europe Cover)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCc1AhdXKJY

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Immergeîl posted:

This has been bothering me for 2 days straight. I'm looking for a song that ends on the line:

"Never be alone"

I have a feeling we're talking punk or indie, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I know this is not much to go from, but I really hope someone can put me out of my misery.

The Get Up Kids - Never Be Alone

Alternatively, try:
Simian - Never Be Alone
Justice vs. Simian - We Are Your Friends

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

scandoslav posted:

ulvir: Norther - Final Countdown (Europe Cover)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCc1AhdXKJY

Nah, I'd recognize final countdown anywhere. It's more in the lines of "classical rock", and again, it's a death metal band. Either Vader, or someone who's pretty similar.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

ulvir posted:

Hope this isn't too vague ...

I'm looking for a death metal cover of a 70's hardrock song. The problem is, I can't remember who made the cover, nor the band who wrote the song to begin with. All I remember is that it starts with a sort of atmospheric synth, and the growl is rather melodic. I think it was Vader, or someone similar. And the original might've been a Deep Purple song.

Any help is appreciated.

Vader did do a cover of Black Sabbath's "Black Sabbath", maybe that's it?

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Onion Head Cat posted:

Welp, the song just came to me...Days Go By by Dirty Vegas. Thanks if you tried!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I finally managed to figure out which song it was after snooping around on last.fm, it's Vader's cover of Angel of Death by Thin Lizzy. Thanks for the help anyway.

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?
I have an identification request, and I even have a sample. However, I'm not sure if it's even a released track. Confused?

What: The release trailer for the game Dead Space (youtube link)
Where: Scroll to 2 minutes into the trailer. The music is used a bit before that but this is where it's easiest to hear. Continues to the end of the trailer.
Who: The vocal style reminds me of Sigur Ros but I don't have any of their albums so I've no way to even find out if it's one of their tracks or not.

So does anyone know? Is it Sigur Ros? Is it someone else? Is it some funky music the game developers had composed especially for them that'll I'll never be able to have?

Please help me, NMD!

[edit]
I'm retarded, the track is listed in the comments for the clip I linked to:
Dauđalagiđ - "the death song" from Sigur Ros from the album "()"
Maybe this is a new record for the quickest answer?

rolleyes fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 18, 2008

hot carling academy
Jul 20, 2008
This catchy songs been bugging me for a while now. . .

I've been going through the old Mega64 podcasts, and episode 50 has an awesome intro.
They always have good intros

The sample:

Godspeed.

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

NoComplaints posted:

This catchy songs been bugging me for a while now. . .

I've been going through the old Mega64 podcasts, and episode 50 has an awesome intro.
They always have good intros

The sample:

Godspeed.

Marcy Playground - Poppies

Itious
Apr 27, 2006
This is really bugging me. I've heard it a few times and remembered the lyrics but then in the morning when I tried to find it I'd forgotten everything except "school" or "after school". I think it's newish and kind of poppy. Sorry for being so vague!

hot carling academy
Jul 20, 2008

Rivfader posted:

Marcy Playground - Poppies

Thank you so much for your help!

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco
Hey could someone tell me what the music is to this video? its been bugging me for ages, you dont need to download it the site shows a minute long promo.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Ubernero/tempest_aug12.wmv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

Itious posted:

This is really bugging me. I've heard it a few times and remembered the lyrics but then in the morning when I tried to find it I'd forgotten everything except "school" or "after school". I think it's newish and kind of poppy. Sorry for being so vague!

Fountains of Wayne - Staceys Mom?