Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

varl
Feb 11, 2007
. . .
So I've been out riding all of the weekend... But finally I'm back and I've got pictures!

Let's start out with the smug motherfucker riding this beauty:

Now that that is out of the way...
Here's the good stuff.

The dog was later killed for pissing on the bike. I was not amused.
Note I didn't kill the dog and it didn't pee on my bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
^^ I don't suppose you have any sound clips? Those big V-twin sportbikes always sound loving otherworldly, although there seems to be part of the noise that speakers alone can't convey.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Clam dip posted:

just got a monster 620 recently:

Welcome to the club!

null0ne
Jul 18, 2006

Sepist posted:

You don't live in New York do you? I saw someone on that bike 2 afternoons ago wheelieing [sp?] down a busy street.

Sorry it took me so long to respond; no, I'm in austin. Don't make a habit of getting on one wheel in traffic, either...

jhh
Nov 2, 2006

Clever Saying Goes here
Wear that gear, kids! Bike belongs to a friend of mine, it cost him a week in a coma and multiple broken bones. Not shown: The right side of the tank is crushed from where his thigh hit it.

50mph versus a Honda Accord driving soccer mom who was putting on her makeup instead of stopping for the red light.

jhh fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 13, 2008

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

jhh posted:

Wear that gear, kids! Bike belongs to a friend of mine, it cost him a week in a coma and multiple broken bones. Now shown: The right side of the tank is crushed from where his thigh hit it.

50mph versus a Honda Accord driving soccer mom who was putting on her makeup instead of stopping for the red light.

Please, for the love of god, tell me the soccer mom got cited, at least. :(

jhh
Nov 2, 2006

Clever Saying Goes here

Z3n posted:

Please, for the love of god, tell me the soccer mom got cited, at least. :(

From what I understand she was adamant about my friend (and the truck next to him) running a red light and hitting her, however the multiple witnesses said otherwise. The police found it to be her fault.

The driver of the Accord kept on going, and about 600 yards later ran into a tree. No one seems to know why. She hasn't inquired into my friend's well being, or even sent a card or anything.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

jhh posted:

From what I understand she was adamant about my friend (and the truck next to him) running a red light and hitting her, however the multiple witnesses said otherwise. The police found it to be her fault.

The driver of the Accord kept on going, and about 600 yards later ran into a tree. No one seems to know why. She hasn't inquired into my friend's well being, or even sent a card or anything.

What the gently caress. Hope your friend recovers quickly, and the rear end in a top hat who ran the red gets reamed for this poo poo.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
My ZX-14 was stolen from my town home complex last year, which has left me with only a Vmax to ride for the last several months. As of last week, I acquired a quite literally NEW 2002 CBR1100XX from a Texas state property seizure auction board. According to the documentation, the bike was seized from a dealership in Dallas in 2003 due to a tax violation / evasion - details weren't provided. Apparently the case was resolved in early 2008 so the asset's title was cleared to be sold.

54 miles. No poo poo. Fifty-four loving miles. The bike was assembled but when seized was drained of all fluids, save for the crankcase which was filled with oil.

It runs, looks, smells like brand new. The only thing that was replaced was the tires due to dryrot - they have some new Michelin Pilot Powers on them now.

Yeah, it might be a Fischer Price Hyperbike for beginners, but I've always liked the Blackbird, this will be the third one I've owned, and the first fuel injected model.

My old '97

Absent friends: 97' Blackbird and 06' 14 :(

R-Type fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 13, 2008

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

R-Type posted:

Yeah, it might be a Fischer Price Hyperbike for beginners

Yeah, 150+ hp is shamefully underpowered, add turbo kit asap... cool purchase though, how much did you have to pay?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ola posted:

Yeah, 150+ hp is shamefully underpowered, add turbo kit asap... cool purchase though, how much did you have to pay?

$5100 +accrued maintenance ($95) +TTL. Not a bad heist, all in all.

In all fairness, the bone stock 02 bike feels stronger and pulls harder than the 97 did with a full pipe, filter, carb kit and timing advance. The FI and ram-air made all the difference.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

jhh posted:

Not shown: The right side of the tank is crushed from where his thigh hit it.
i dented a bike tank with my knee last week too! but i didn't get a coma out of it

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
Decided to go home and visit some family this weekend. Hey the weather's great why not take the long way? I unfortunately forgot my camera so these were all taken with my phone.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!
(Apologies, lots of words, but I'm bored at work - Will post photos once I've got good ones)

46 hours left before I go pick it up. And the guys I work with are sick to death of hearing me talk about it :)

After watching the Philip Island MotoGP and itching for another track day, I lucked on an ex Australian Superbike series race bike for sale fully setup by Honda Australia. 2002 CBR954RR, Ohlins suspension, worked engine, Akrapovic full system, fully adjustable rear sets, HRC electronics with some extra bits and with race stands, tire warmers, generator for the warmers, and a box of spare bits. Got it for a great price too, I couldn't build a similarly equipped bike for less than two times what I paid (I guess we're lucky track bikes always go cheaply).

I went out to look at it determined to hate it figuring I didn't need third bike. The fibreglass race fairings need a little bit of clean up with some minor cracks, the paint job was crappy, but the moment the engine turned over I was in love. Took it for a ride and was blown away by how well the bike was put together. Brakes that grabbed so hard my brains oozed out of my eye sockets, turn in and mid corner handling so stable I could have done a circus act comfortably mid corner, and oh, the engine.

The engine. Call me jaded, my daily commuter is a Hayabusa (look up the thread, I've posted a photo). I'm used to an engine that quadruples my underwear budget, but is polite and controlled around town. I've ridden plenty of 600s and 1 litre inline-fours before, and didn't expect this one to compare favourably. However this race bike's engine put my Hayabusa to shame. The idle was so lumpy I was getting aroused listening to it. Give it the slightest twist of throttle and the control was so smooth, the clutch had so much feel I was able to ride it without fear over loose gravel to the road on its racing slicks. I did a few runs up and down the streets to get a feel for it. Then I decided it was time to let it loose.

I was immediately greeted with a maniacal laugh crossed with me screaming in my helmet with pants wetting terror as the revs launched skyward at the same rate the front end came off the deck. The tacho needle about to bounce off the marked red line, I pushed down on the reversed gear lever grabbing 2nd and the nearby fence turned into a blur, front wheel still pointing skywards. I repeated this for two more gears before slowing for a corner from God only knows what speed. Brain struggling to function with its mass pushed against the back of my eye balls, I pulled up repeatedly on the lever and the ECU and slipper clutch took care of the engine blip for me, totally clutchless. The crack and pop of the exhaust was delicious, there just had to be flames coming out the back. I was half expecting any minute for this bike to declare I wasn't worthy, to buck me off and return to feast on my mangled corpse. I've been having dirty dreams about this bike since that test ride.

So yeah, 46 hours left before this gorgeous monster graces my garage. Then it'll be a month of sheer hell before my next available track day.

SGT. Squeaks
Jun 18, 2003

Two men enter, one man leaves. That is the way of the hobotorium!
Here's my only bike. It's a 2004 honda rebel. It ran great when I bought it. Except the previous owner gave it a crappy blue spray paint job and it was ugly. I recently repainted it and made a couple other changes.

I still want to change the taillight and the front blinkers. But it's starting to snow around here and that may be next summers project.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

snail posted:

So yeah, 46 hours left before this gorgeous monster graces my garage. Then it'll be a month of sheer hell before my next available track day.

I rode a GSX-R 1k like that once at the track. It gave me immense, IMMENSE amounts of respect for the men who ride those things quickly. It truly takes a god to hustle one of those around a racetrack.

Congrats, and can't wait to see the pictures :)

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

SqueekyD posted:

:D

Hoping to get out to my first @ SOW next month.

Nope. This particular corner is on the 2nd set of hairpins heading up, before the first lookout. It is hard to tell though, a lot of the corners are very similar.

Sorry to hear about your SV. :(

When Is your SOW track day?

I've been meaning to go and next month is exactly when I was going to do it. I'll either take my F4i or my zx6r track bike if I can replace the pistons in time :mad:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

SGT. Squeaks posted:

Here's my only bike. It's a 2004 honda rebel.
congratulations, i've never found a honda rebel remotely appealing before this, and never thought it would even be possible... but i kinda like it.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Yay new fender eliminator! Just had the first 1000km service, so the bike is going great. I cant wait to be able to use the whole rev range... only 400km to go now!

Click here for the full 1440x810 image.

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

Tentacle Party posted:

Yay new fender eliminator! Just had the first 1000km service, so the bike is going great. I cant wait to be able to use the whole rev range... only 400km to go now!

Which eliminator kit is that? I'm looking to pick one up for my SV, and had pretty much settled on one I like. However, if the price is right on that one, I may try to pick it up instead.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Tentacle Party posted:

Have you had the ABS kick in yet? :D

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Z3n posted:

I rode a GSX-R 1k like that once at the track. It gave me immense, IMMENSE amounts of respect for the men who ride those things quickly. It truly takes a god to hustle one of those around a racetrack.

I remember my first track day had a group with riders from the various Australian pro series setting up their bikes for the race the next day. I was blown away how these guys were literally ramming bikes into the corners. Easily braking almost 100 metres later than the amateur riders, and from higher speeds. Back wheel jumping and skipping all over the place, and then all instability would disappear as the bike carved through a fast sweeper (well, 200 kph fast, not the 310 kph they were pushing down the straight). Absolutely blew my mind.

Z3n posted:

Congrats, and can't wait to see the pictures :)

On a detour at Archerfield Airport in Brisbane after picking it up.

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Shot of the rear suspension and some of the bits.

My garage as it was at 9pm last night. All three are mine.

And the bike in its race colours in 2002. Photo from mcnews.com.au

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Rhorlex
Sep 21, 2006
I ended up finally doing something incredibly stupid and stepped up from my baby Harley to the bike that will do all the touring I could ever want.

Its a 2000 K1200RS with a badass sounding CF remus exhaust. It has been babied all its life and has almost 13k miles on it. I'm deeply deeply in love with this machine

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.
Finally decided to get a bike license and for my learner bike I picked the GS500. I would of just picked some 250cc bash box to do my learners on but being 6'7 makes it a bit hard.

But I like the GS500, comfortable and such. I take delivery in a day or two after the payment clears then I go pick it up and take some pictures of my own. For now here is a picture from the ad.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
I just sold my GS500 a few weeks ago, Definitely of the better Learner bikes. Beats the hell out of all my mates 250's, Especially if you are tall, and will hold its value. I sold mine after 4 months for 800 more than i paid for it.

Dubs fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 18, 2008

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

I've had this one for about a year and a half. I think. It's a 1971 Suzuki TC90. One might think the unique feature of the bike is the fact it's got it's carb inside the crankcase. That "feature" was typical of small suzuki single cylinder two strokes right through the late 70s. At some point they got their head out of their derriere and went with the conventional boot and airbox arrangement.

There's a hole in the front of the crankcase that's normally got a rubber plug in it. That allows you to unscrew the carb from the spigot.

So, the unique feature of this bike? It's got an eight speed transmission. Well, that's not entirely honest, it's got a 4 speed, dual range transmission. Low range is good for about 45mph. High range will get the bike up to 65mph. The bike is supposed to have 11hp. To make this happen, parts of the transmission are in the timing cover. It's really quite strange.

The previous owner said "the carb might need some cleaning" Check out this needle jet. I think "some cleaning" was a bit of an understatement.

The bike needs a few screws. A new taillight, and the wiring harness gone over. The bike runs right now so long as you feed it starter fluid.

Ganesa
Mar 22, 2001
My GSXR750K6 on it's usual trackday outings this summer:

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006
The ex500. Camera phone pictures so sorry about the lowish quality.

This bike has treated me more than well.

iolaire
Mar 12, 2008
Hey,

My sunday rider/big boy's toy, a 2005 GSX-R 1000:

And my day-to-day commuter/grocery shipping/wife movement apparatus, a 2003 SV1000S

I don't have a car, spanish weather lets me ride pretty much all the time.

evilnissan
Apr 18, 2007

I'm comin home.

SGT. Squeaks posted:

Nice Rebel.

How do you like you 250 rebel?

Right now I have a 250cc scooter and It does just fine for the kind of ridding and can keep up with 55-60mph traffic just fine, even when riding 2 up.

The plan is to pick up a small bike next year and pass the scooter on to my GF and I have to come to realize I dont need a big bike because I can see my self getting in trouble real fast with a quick bike.

Carbonate
Aug 3, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

These bike things are fun

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Carbonate posted:

That bike looks like it's in great condition. Where'd you find it?

Carbonate
Aug 3, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Local version of craigslist. Needed: Battery, front tire, carb cleaning. Runs like a top and i've put about 700 miles on it in a month and a bit.

Nearly time to put it away though :(

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Carbonate posted:

Man, that's purdy. :) Looks new.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Wooo! New biek to add to the stable:

1988 Honda CB450S. I've found pretty much zero information on it, other than the usual bikespecs page stating that at time of sale, it would have had a face-ripping learner friendly 44hp. It's got ~66,000km on the clock, but starts and runs like a charm. The only issue so far was a set of criminally underinflated tyres - they were both around 100kpa, when they were supposed to be at 225/250 respectively. I think I have something verging on an obsession with air-cooled motorcycles, as the only water cooled one I have at the moment is the gixxer, and that doesn't see any street use.

WHY DO I LOVE AIR COOLED BIKES SO MUCH? :iiam:

Also, I think this is another one of those bikes that Canada got, but was denied to the US, although I could be wrong on that. If anyone has more info on it, I'd love to know.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
2007 Triumph Speed Triple

Click here for the full 626x825 image.

(not pictured 2005 DRZ-SM, black with all the normal mods)

Humper
Apr 15, 2003

Very concerned about penis
My friend and I just bought our first bikes, both exquisitely modeled by my daughter:

His: Suzuki GS500F

Mine: Suzuki Boulevard C90

https://wi.somethingawful.com/13/13bb5a4aaf5d53509b80f565781cb0a757403e1a.jpg

Both of us loving love these things.

Buy my book! It makes a great gift! It has integrals in it!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 27, 2008

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My bike, a '99 Ducati Monster 900S

I just ordered a bunch of stuff for it, like a tail chop kit, new brake light with integrated turn signals, CRG hindsight and blindsight mirrors, clip-ons and a Scott steering dampener. I'll put the rear seat cover back on and probably the front fairing, too, but I like the look without the fairing better. Should look a little different in a week or so. :)

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Well I finally got around to snapping some pics of my bike, 03 Buell XB9S:

I've put about 700 miles on it in the two months I've had it. I had the dealer give it a once over since it sat for almost two years and I've done of bunch of little stuff to clean it up. I painted the frame, swingarm and underseat piece (the old steel color looked too much like plastic to me), added the Buell framepucks and a bunch of Darkhorse sliders, custom fender eliminator (hacksaw), shorter blinkers, a mount for my V1 and my polly heated grips. That's pretty much it for now, though I thought about wrapping the headers and the seat gets a bit hard after an hour.

Gnaghi fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 25, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Does the weird rotor setup on that make it any more difficult to change pads/rotors?