Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

CK, I'm just curious, what's the other dress look like that you already have? I am so terrified that regardless of the choice I make, time is going to go by and I'm going to regret my decision! I decided the other day that I just need to have like 8 different dresses and just change them every 20 minutes. :colbert:

Everyone I've talked to has said (so far) that the Wai-Ching dress is much more "me". I totally agree. I love the A.A. dress, and I totally got swept up in the whole bride moment at the store, but even though it does have its own character, it's much more standard-issue bride than I tend to be. I've been thinking it over a ton, and envisioning what the dress would look like, and I totally think my heart is set on the Wai-Ching, baring some strange unforeseen circumstances. :) I need to get fabric samples first, though, because I really want my dress to have more of a pressed look than the ones I've been seeing, and I want to make sure the fabric can do what I want it to do. Other than that, though, I think I've made up my mind! It makes me nervous, but I'm so excited at the same time! As my sister pointed out, though, "If you wind up hating it, we're going to end up at the David's Bridal $99 sale!" so I'd better pray it works out! ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
What do you guys think about a Friday wedding? The place we're looking at is about $2000 cheaper for Friday than it is for Saturday, so it's very tempting. But the main things I'd worry about are people not being able to get off work, and the insanity of getting through rushhour traffic (the site is right off of one of the worst traffic corridors in the Bay Area). My fiance and I have only been to three weddings between us, so we don't have much experience. Do Friday weddings generally get a lot fewer people?

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

We were considering a Friday or Sunday wedding until we found the place we're going with that actually doesn't offer discounts for those days. If it's a good chunk of money, and you don't have a lot of out-of-towners, then I personally think it's a fine idea. People would understand, you're starting a life together, you're going to need to keep SOME money to do that! ;)

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
has anyone heard or used "The Pros" for any of their services such as DJ/Photo/Video?

https://www.thepros.com

My fiancee was at a wedding show, and they offered her a 2500$ package that included DJ, Photo and Video! The photo includes the originals with all reprint rights. Do you guys think this is a good price? 2500$? Sound too good to be true? Any review of their service in other states(They seem to be elsewhere as well)

Endor
Aug 15, 2001

$2500 for a local photographer and DJ is about what we're paying for an awesome DJ and a part-time photojournalist, but it sounds a little too good to be true for a "full service package" that also includes video. Did you meet with the people who would actually be doing the DJ'ing/photos/video? I'd be worried that I'd wind up assigned some high-school kid for a DJ that doesn't know how to set up the cheap-rear end sound system he brought with him, and who will just basically push "play" on his iPod for your reception, and a photographer with an entry-level digital camera.

And even if someone's used a subcontractor of "The Pros" before, it's impossible to give an accurate review without knowing where you live. The people they have contracted in the Chicago area will probably be completely different from whoever they have working in NYC or LA.

zap actionsdower!
Aug 7, 2004

in favor of festivals
3 months after the proposal, things are finally moving.

We're going to look at a possibly ceremony venue tonight. I hope that it is how I remember it, and that the fiance likes it. We already have chosen a music venue/bar for our reception, and it will rock.

I'm thinking ahead to my first dress fitting. My dress is from a boutique in my hometown, so I'd like to do a fitting near Thanksgiving. Which brings me to two questions:

Veils and corsets.

One: I really want to find a corset. Where is a good place to look for one? I'm sure my bestie can help with this, I think she owns several, but I'm looking for a few options.

Two: A veil. At first I wasn't going to do one at all. I have short hair (which is getting grown out, but I doubt it will even be shoulder length by April) and I am not a girlie-girl. A veil made me feel weird. But my maid of honor really wants to help me make a feathery headpiece, and maybe I could include a short (or even a birdcage?) veil for that? Basically, I'm asking if any of you have seen any cool solutions to veils, other than what is on Offbeat Bride.

Adri
Jan 2, 2007
I got taco all over my pants!
Check Etsy. I've seen lots of unique ones that aren't the traditional and for extremeeeeellly low prices. Like, $30 for a veil.

And different solutions too. You're helping out a starving artist!

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

When my mom got married, she had a big afro (woo, 70s!) and since she didn't want to cover it up, she took the veil material and attached it to 2 combs instead of 1 and stuck them in the back, one on each side of her head. I've seen pictures, it looked really nice! I think it's a cool idea for someone with short hair. Although I don't know how much it applies to your case, with your friend making a hair thing & all.

I'm having the same corset trouble myself. After looking around, it seems like the ONLY chain store that'll have anything I'd want will be Fredrick's of Hollywood. I personally won't be able to have anything custom, so that's my only option there. Victoria's Secret surprisingly kinda sucked.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I got my veil on Ebay for $15 and I'm sure Etsy would have good ones too. It was a fairly traditional comb one, but I wasn't going to pay $80 for one from a bridal salon. It's a drat ripoff like the rest of the industry.

I asked my seamstress about corsets and she suggested a local lingerie/dance outfit store. I figured she'd seen thousands of dresses and their accompanying undergarments in her day and would know where to find good ones.

Seconding WolfensteinBag on the Friday wedding comments.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

WolfensteinBag posted:

Wai-Ching dress
While I'm sure you've done your research, I just wanted to let you know that there's an entire 40+ page thread of people who purchased/thought of purchasing Wai Ching dresses on indiebride.com. There are lots of pictures! Sorry for the ugly link, I hope it works! Her dresses are truly gorgeous.
http://kvetch.indiebride.com/index.php?t=msg&th=21072&start=0&rid=0&S=392eeb1c15e42a46b6c6cf052b27cd9d

Thanks for all the input on my little dress dilemma. I haven't bought anything yet (aside from the $30 one) and probably won't until we know when his fiance visa is processed. On another note, my best friend recently got engaged and just ordered her dress today. They told her it won't come in for 6-8 months. Is this normal?!

amethystbliss fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 15, 2008

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

zap actionsdower! posted:

One: I really want to find a corset. Where is a good place to look for one? I'm sure my bestie can help with this, I think she owns several, but I'm looking for a few options.

I'd suggest http://www.meschantes.com (hint: use their ebay store). They are good quality, custom made corsets, and they have a huge selection of fabrics on their site (they have solids too in tons of colors. The courtesan overbust or the victorian overbust (ask them to make the victorian 1" higher in front to avoid nip slips) are nice, classic patterns. I have one made by them and it is very well constructed and fits like a glove.

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I have a question. Is it really expected of the couple to have a first dance, or can it be skipped?

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Farewell Horizon posted:

I have a question. Is it really expected of the couple to have a first dance, or can it be skipped?

It's your wedding. Do whatever in the hell you want.

Endor
Aug 15, 2001

A first dance is expected, but that doesn't mean it can't be skipped. However, if you do skip it, make sure your guests know. You don't want to leave them hanging around and waiting, since the expected order is: First Dance, Father/Daughter Dance, then Everyone Dance.

I attended a wedding where the couple skipped the first dance but didn't tell anyone, and it was an awkward 45 minutes of standing around and waiting and wondering whether it was okay for us guests to go and dance, or whether the married couple was just waiting.
:confused:

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
There is a precedent under VII(a):

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.

Farewell Horizon posted:

You could always announce it as your first dance but ask everyone to come up and join you guys, so then technically there is one but everyone is dancing together anyways so it's not a big spectacle like it normally is.

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.

Farewell Horizon posted:

The last three weddings I attended had no first dance and really no dancing at all. It was no big deal and those three weddings were probably the best three I've ever attended. So leaving out a first dance doesn't mean your wedding is going to go down in history as a huge flop. Just do what you want to do. :)

Tatiana
Jan 29, 2001
Forum Veteran
On the engaged express!

Click here for the full 808x591 image.

I'm so in love with my ring, I didn't think I would be so fixated on how awesome it is, but here I am posting pictures on the internet.
Its aquamarines + diamonds set in palladium, which I had never heard of before my ring. Its really worth looking into for an engagement ring, it's pretty much the same as platinum without the cost. Making my ring with palladium cut the cost in half as opposed to platinum, and I still get all the benefits of platinum.

The only downside is having to explain what palladium is to people that ask
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palladium

Wikipedia posted:

Palladium itself has been used as a precious metal in jewelry since 1939, as an alternative to platinum or white gold. This is due to its naturally white properties, giving it no need for rhodium plating. It is slightly whiter, much lighter and about 12% harder than platinum.

I don't want a ceremony, but we are throwing a party, in the country my family lives in but I don't. Planning is a bit of a nightmare, and my mother is going crazy picking out doilies, but whatever, honestly the party is mostly for my family. I'm really worried it'll be a snorefest, I don't know what you do at a wedding. My friends had the reception at an aquarium which was really fun, but every other wedding has been incredibly boring.

But I am determined to get a dress!
This one is great and what I was going for!
Where is it from, if I may ask?

amethystbliss posted:

I love this type of dress, just maybe a little shorter

Poofy tea length 50's style dresses are so gorgeous

squirrellypoo
Feb 8, 2003

Tatiana posted:

I'm so in love with my ring, I didn't think I would be so fixated on how awesome it is, but here I am posting pictures on the internet.

That's absolutely gorgeous! I really love it, from the colour to the details on the band. You have great taste! And thanks for the tip on Palladium - we're researching wedding bands and neither of us want gold but the other silvery metals seem to have downsides, either in cost or maintenance...

quote:

but we are throwing a party, in the country my family lives in but I don't. Planning is a bit of a nightmare, and my mother is going crazy picking out doilies,
Yeah, we're having a second reception in the country where my parents are, too, so I know what you mean. Just let her go crazy on that one, it makes moms feel good to feel like they get to do something important in their daughter's big day. I know mine said she feels left out of all the other planning stuff that's happening here so I'm kinda glad she can just take care of that side of things.

And last week we made the trek down to our council's offices to officially give notice. One of the questions the registrar asked is if we were related by blood. Of course we said no, but then my fiance asked "wait - has anyone ever said yes??" The registrar was awesome, and said in her two years of the job, four couples answered yes. She said three were Roma, which was understandable as it was a cultural thing, but the other one were white and English and otherwise looked like normal people. She was all "Seriously, get out more, I mean, it's a BIG city!". :)

In any case, now everybody has like ten days left to object to our proposed union before we pick up the paperwork (and hand carry it to Milton Keynes at some point in the next year!).

Crash BandiCute
Nov 8, 2004

Dona Nobis Pacem

Tatiana posted:

On the engaged express!

Click here for the full 808x591 image.

This is a gorgeous ring, and congratulations!

I have just booked my church, reception venue, and photographer for my wedding in April 2010. The photographer already had bookings for 2011 and we were running out of church dates to pick from, so I'm so glad we found a date where everything matched up. I feel that the stressful part is over and I can think about the fun things now, and there is plenty of time so we can relax about it all.

I found half bead pearls that I want to decorate the table with instead of rose petals around the centerpiece.

I'm asking my maid of honour this Thursday, I am excited about it! I found a lovely little card and asked her in that, so I'll hand it over over cocktails.

Zaftig
Jan 21, 2008

It's infectious
My date isn't until 2012, but I've been looking at dresses anyway. I want a big ridiculous ball gown, and I figured I can sew on the neckline I want, but I can't do much more than that. I found a few that were okay, and then I stumbled on this site (that's just one of them; for some reason there's a "Princess" section and a "Fairytale Princess" section on the site, and these are only under the regular one). I love them all. They're so perfect.

How do you make time go faster?

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

CagedLiberty posted:

I have just booked my church, reception venue, and photographer for my wedding in April 2010. The photographer already had bookings for 2011 and we were running out of church dates to pick from, so I'm so glad we found a date where everything matched up. I feel that the stressful part is over and I can think about the fun things now, and there is plenty of time so we can relax about it all.

Oh god, you're making me so nervous! We have our venue and photographer picked out, but we don't have the money together yet for the deposits. We'd been pretty much living paycheck to paycheck (and still do) and only started saving once we got engaged. Definitely not ideal, I know, but I'd rather have my own apartment with my fiance and be able to take care of our dog than save up before hand. Pretty stupid when you think about emergencies happening, but oh well!

Anyway, we're both suddenly doing better financially so we're at least making larger, quicker strides than we were 2 months ago when we first got engaged. Plus, after this month, my fiance won't have insurance payments on his car until next March, so that can go right into savings, and by a year from now he'll have his car completely paid off so that'll be a good chunk of money every month that we can put towards the wedding! :dance:

But, yeah, looking at dates, we're aiming for May 1st 2010 (woo May Day wedding!). It feels like so far away, but I'm so terrified we're going to book our venue and have the photographer not be available or something like that! We've actually partially planned our wedding around when she can do it (she only does it part time on the weekends, she teaches) because her work is amazing, so I would be crushed if things didn't work out. :( Lousy stress!

Also, congrats Tatiana!! Your ring is freakin' amazing! What do you mean by you don't want a ceremony, like all the hoopla with all your guests and possibly a church? Like, getting married at the courthouse instead?

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Wow - Saturday I attended the most cliche wedding you could ever imagine. Holy moly. SO I got drunk. I feel bad because it was what the bride had always dreamed of, but drat.

squirrellypoo
Feb 8, 2003

Farewell Horizon posted:

Wow - Saturday I attended the most cliche wedding you could ever imagine. Holy moly. SO I got drunk. I feel bad because it was what the bride had always dreamed of, but drat.
Oh, come on - details, photos, anything! You can't say that and not follow through...

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I don't think there are any photos up on facebook yet, but when there are I will post them.

The ceremony started out with classic organ music of 'Here Comes the Bride', and she had an impossibly long veil. The two readings were the one about God making Eve from Adams rib, and the other was John's letter to the Corinthians (Love is patient, love is not rude blah blah). The music as they left was classic organ music they always play in movie weddings. What is that song, does anyone know?

The tables at the reception were all 'words that the bride and groom feel describe marriage', so our table was sympathy I think, and the one next to us was caring. Then the speaches. What is up lately with people making speaches to intentionally embarass the groom (and to a lesser extent the bride)? Anyhoo, they were long winded and tedious and at some points almost malicious. And they brought up the cost of the wedding several times, which I thought was odd.

At this point I got drunk.

For the dance, all the music was awful country songs or terrible love songs. Except for Rasputin. God I love that song.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

WolfensteinBag posted:

But, yeah, looking at dates, we're aiming for May 1st 2010 (woo May Day wedding!). It feels like so far away, but I'm so terrified we're going to book our venue and have the photographer not be available or something like that! We've actually partially planned our wedding around when she can do it (she only does it part time on the weekends, she teaches) because her work is amazing, so I would be crushed if things didn't work out. :( Lousy stress!

These are some really cool pictures, especially the engagement ones.

Crash BandiCute
Nov 8, 2004

Dona Nobis Pacem
I like that photographer, you have chosen well. I was worried about finding the right one, as the photography is a very important element to me, but I've gone with https://www.dubhacan.com and I'm really pleased with his work and feel comfortable working with him. As part of our package we get a pre-shoot that will let him see the best way to work with us and so on, so I'm looking forward to getting dressed up and going into the woods or something for some fun shots!

Farewell Horizon - Pachelbel's Canon in D is used a lot for weddings and in films, was it that?

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl

CagedLiberty posted:

Farewell Horizon - Pachelbel's Canon in D is used a lot for weddings and in films, was it that?

No, but I did some googling and it was the Mendelsohn Wedding March?

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Congratulations, Tatiana! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. I was oh-so-close to getting an aquamarine engagement ring, too. We must have similar taste between that and the 50's dress love. The dress I posted can be found here. It's $3,000 :(
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_11&listing_id=9995314

However, there's a thread on indiebride dedicated entirely to tea length dresses. You must check it out!
http://kvetch.indiebride.com/index.php?t=msg&th=28128&start=0&rid=17838&S=392eeb1c15e42a46b6c6cf052b27cd9d

CagedLiberty, I looooove your photographer! The pictures look so classic and elegant. Photography is definitely one of the most important purchases for me too. We're having our engagement photos taken in Oxford and/or London so we're going with either
http://www.davidmmcneil.com/wedding-photography/portfolio/pre-wedding-photoshoot/ or http://www.foreverafterimages.com/portraits/. We're also looking at http://www.carynazurephotography.com for our elopement shots.

We're still unsure as to what to do for our honeymoon, but we've recently been talking about renting a log cabin in the woods and having a cozy getaway since it will be winter and I won't have much time off of university to fly anywhere exotic. We might wait until summer but then travel is much more expensive. Plus, it's been 3 months since I've seen him and I won't see him again until New Years, so we're really antsy to have our romantic getaway asap. How romantic does this look?! http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/22174.html

I put way too many links in this post. :)

amethystbliss fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 20, 2008

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

CagedLiberty, I love your photographer as well! I love a more photo journalistic, artistic style for wedding pictures, most wedding photographs look so.... fake? Plastic? I don't know how to describe it.

The best thing about Danielle is her price for what you get. Living in Chicago prices for everything are ridiculous, especially if you want to find a talented photographer. We're lucky in that Danielle only does it on the side. You get:

quote:

10 hours of photography
Unlimited locations
One-on-one wedding photography consultation and checklist
Complete printing rights
Photo DVD with high-res files
B&W and Color photographs
Color correction
Custom, hardbound photobook
Online gallery of all wedding pictures for you to share with friends & family
*FREE 1-hr. engagement photo shoot on date determined by both parties

all for just $1500! :dance: Doesn't get much better than that!

Speaking of ceremony music, we picked what I'm going to walk down the aisle to! It's a surprise for our guests, but I can at least tell all of you. :) It's hilariously classical sounding, perfect wedding music. I'm guessing only a small handful of people are going to know what it is, to everyone else it'll just sound like some traditional piece until we tell them later on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kD-9tYp_B8

This is the composition of it that we want & everything. I'm so excited!

Crash BandiCute
Nov 8, 2004

Dona Nobis Pacem

amethystbliss posted:

How romantic does this look?! http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/22174.html

This is gorgeous, the perfect romantic hideaway, you can sip hot chocolate and get all cosied up together.

We're still deciding on the honeymoon, but I saw a very basic old fashioned cottage in the Scottish highlands that looked amazing, I am hoping we can stay somewhere like that the next time we want to holiday within Scotland instead of going abroad.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

WolfensteinBag posted:

The best thing about Danielle is her price for what you get.
Wow, that's such a steal!

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya

WolfensteinBag posted:

Speaking of ceremony music, we picked what I'm going to walk down the aisle to! It's a surprise for our guests, but I can at least tell all of you. :) It's hilariously classical sounding, perfect wedding music. I'm guessing only a small handful of people are going to know what it is, to everyone else it'll just sound like some traditional piece until we tell them later on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kD-9tYp_B8

This is the composition of it that we want & everything. I'm so excited!
hahaha
That is great.

Right now our preliminary stage is a wedding in the city hall and dinner after with our parents, and then 3 parties in Taiwan, San Francisco, and Cleveland because we wanted to include our grandparents, extended family and friends. No ideas on venues yet, though!

jomiel fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 20, 2008

Tatiana
Jan 29, 2001
Forum Veteran

WolfensteinBag posted:

Also, congrats Tatiana!! Your ring is freakin' amazing! What do you mean by you don't want a ceremony, like all the hoopla with all your guests and possibly a church? Like, getting married at the courthouse instead?

Thanks everyone for the feedback on my ring!

Well the situation is that I live in Australia, and my family is spread out in Puerto Rico and the United States.

His family lives in Western Australia and can't afford and is too terrified of air travel.
My family is also terrified of a 20+ hour flight, so having one get together wont happen. We are pretty private people, so we are going to do the courthouse thing in Australia by ourselves, then when we see our respective families we are having get togethers. We feel a bit silly going through 2 redundant ceremonies, so we're sticking with 2 parties :)

I'm pretty disappointed our families wont be meeting, but what can you do.

amethystbliss:
Yeah thats a bit out of my price range, but drat it's nice.
I've seen some nice vintage numbers but the waist is usually a hair too small, and I'm pretty lazy about losing anymore weight.

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

twinkle, twinkle, little bat
Tatiana - your ring is beautiful.

And WB, that is a fantastic deal on photography. Ours is running us $2100 (granted, in pathetic Canadian money), and that's for only 6 hours of photography. I love our photographer already, but geez, that hurts.

I've gotten all turned around with my wedding planning. With 6 months to go, I've almost worked out the invitations and favours, but I'm missing a marriage commissioner, a DJ and a florist. I want to delegate, but everyone else (despite sounding incredibly supportive) is procrastinating worse than I am. All I really want to do is DIY projects, and screw the rest.

Any tips for getting the fiance to help out (not just to agree to help out, but to actually do it)? I'd like to get his help organizing a few meetings and arranging a few things, and he says he'll do it, but hell, he's been saying he's going to ask a friend to be a groomsman for like a month and a half and it hasn't happened yet. There are a few items that we have contacts for on his side of the family, and I'd really like him to organize them, but if I get pushy, he'll just get pissed off, and that's the last thing I need right now.

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
amethystbliss, I was just reading the "Girls, let's shop!" W&W thread and that red dress you posted is gorgeous! If you ever find one like that, I'd like to know too! :D

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Tatiana:
It just so happens that I was looking at an Australian dress site earlier this week! I'm not sure how reputable they are, but these dresses are all made to order. The first one is $299 AUD and the second is $499 at https://www.dressofyourdreams.com.

Just thought I'd share :)
jomiel- I'll be sure to let you know if I find a similar dress! The closest I've found are full length prom dresses that I could potentially alter. We're actually having that very photographer do our engagement photos, so I'm reaaally excited even if I look like a copy cat. I thought about posting it here in the first place since red wedding dresses are somewhat of a fad now but I thought the shopping thread was more appropriate. Since so many people have commented and PMed me about it though, I may as well crosspost it. Please let me know if any of you know where on earth I can find something like it!

Quantum Consignment
Mar 9, 2008
Anyone have any idea how much it will cost to get a ring sized (down)? My partner and I are officially engaged as of August, but not really into the whole proposing or ring thing. My mother, though, got all squealey about it and gave me my great-great grandmother's ring (which was actually intended to be mine anyways) to wear. I think this is way cool, even though I won't wear it most of the time, as it's big and pokey and I have to wear gloves in the lab so I don't die of various chemical poisons, but I would like to get it sized to fit so I have the option of wearing an engagement ring when I feel like it. Especially would like to do this when I go see my grandmother at Christmas (whose mother's mother's ring it originally was).

Anyways, I'm poor, so I kind of want to find out how much to expect before I hit up a jewelry shop. Also, is this the kind of thing that any old jewelry store can do well, or should I make sure to go to a certain kind of place? The ring has a little bit of a pattern (more like two grooves) on the band -- will that make it more expensive? It's yellow gold, but I don't have any idea how many karats.

Tatiana
Jan 29, 2001
Forum Veteran

amethystbliss posted:

awesomeness

You know, I think you have linked to that site before, and somehow I missed it was an Aussie based site! Thanks :)

I think I need to lower my expectations for a dress, since I'm pretty allergic to spending money. I really had to be talked into my engagement ring ;)

Here is where my mother wants to have the reception
http://www.amherstwc.org/3.html
I'm already half regretting telling her to go ahead with it, the idea of spending so much money is really hurting my cheap, cheap heart. At least that place is pretty enough that we wont need to decorate much.

RE: WaiChing
I love love love her dresses. They are so beautiful and unique, and if I was having a complete dream wedding I would ache for one.

Quantum Consignment:

My ring was about US$60 to size down from a size 7 to a 6. It has a pretty detailed band as well. But it was done at the place that made it, and it wasn't yellow gold.
I don't think you have anything to lose by getting estimates at a couple places, just explain you're shopping around.

Good luck, I love the idea of an heirloom ring, how old is it?

If you want to be super ghetto, you can always wrap tape around the bottom ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash BandiCute
Nov 8, 2004

Dona Nobis Pacem
Quantum Consignment: You could always phone up a couple of jewellery shops first to compare prices, that way you won't feel embarassed about not going through with it because you won't be right there.