Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

I'm getting the feeling what happened now actually is that the publication staff burst into Miura's office a few weeks after 297 was sent to them to see how 298 was going...and found him surrounded by mountains of Griffith spreads, in piles labelled up to chapter 310, furiously working on another one at that moment.

They immediately seized him and threw him into solitary confinement until he promised not to do that anymore.

...and they've only just got an agreement!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
when we do get an update, can a mod change the thread title to "OH GOD A BERSERK UPDATE :flashfap:"

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

Mr. Deathy posted:

I'm getting the feeling what happened now actually is that the publication staff burst into Miura's office a few weeks after 297 was sent to them to see how 298 was going...and found him surrounded by mountains of Griffith spreads, in piles labelled up to chapter 310, furiously working on another one at that moment.

They immediately seized him and threw him into solitary confinement until he promised not to do that anymore.

...and they've only just got an agreement!

He probably ran out of toilet paper to draw more spreads on. 4 months of toilet paper.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Gvaz posted:

when we do get an update, can a mod change the thread title to "OH GOD A BERSERK UPDATE :flashfap:"

There was an update actually a new chapter is supposedly coming, I forget when though.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
10/24, we know. Oh we know. We just don't believe it to be so.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Sydnesider posted:

http://www.hiranomoe.com/releases/%5BHiranomoe%5DHellsing.94.zip
94 is out, and 95 is going to to be the last chapter and apparently it will be double the length to fit into the last volume.

on a totally unrelated note, hellsing 95 is out and the series is complete...:
http://www.hiranomoe.com/releases/%5BHiranomoe%5DHellsing.95.zip

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

GoldenNugget posted:

I thought Alucard could kill faster than just 13 people per hour. Well now it's just a matter of waiting for the rest of the OVAs to come out...
Hey, maybe Guts would have reached Elfhelm by then!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Sydnesider posted:

I thought Alucard could kill faster than just 13 people per hour. Well now it's just a matter of waiting for the rest of the OVAs to come out...
Hey, maybe Guts would have reached Elfhelm by then!

I think even Alucard would have trouble taking on millions of people at once, especially since he probably was less powerful as well.

This ending was good, though it reeks of a need for a sequel, since now it leaves Alucard and Seras around to... grin a lot and scare the human staff for all eternity with occasional "boos" through walls.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

GoldenNugget posted:

Hahahaha, oh poo poo. This surpasses my expectations. I thought we'd get something like Alucard living on through Seras, either literally or symbolically. Instead, Alucard breaks free of the Uncertainty Prison by eliminating every other probable outcome by hand. It's so wonderfully over the top, and so very Hellsing.

Soooo... how about that Berserk, guys? :haw:

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Tupperwarez posted:

Hahahaha, oh poo poo. This surpasses my expectations. I thought we'd get something like Alucard living on through Seras, either literally or symbolically. Instead, Alucard breaks free of the Uncertainty Prison by eliminating every other probable outcome by hand. It's so wonderfully over the top, and so very Hellsing.

Soooo... how about that Berserk, guys? :haw:

Yeah I was pretty happy with Alucard coming back. It'd been so disappointing if he didn't. Also scar face was still around and that was pretty cool as well.

I wonder if he's going to do any more spin off omake/series other than the dawn and the omakes of vatican 13.

And... only a few more days for the next berserk which I hope isn't a bunch of two page spreads...

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, check out this announcement page (spoilers about Griffith vs. Ganishka) pic

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wow, I'm surprised by how good the Hellsing ending was. Having Alucard return that particular way was perfect.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

Oh poo poo, check out this announcement page (spoilers about Griffith vs. Ganishka) pic

So what, did Ganishka split himself into smaller more manageable pieces? That sucks but I suppose fighting a towering giant which crushes your army as it walks would have been impossible. Griffith could have turned into a 'hawk of light' or something I dunno...

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

^Looks more like he has smaller apostles/demons growing out him or something to me. It'd make sense for him to have living parts break off to fight the army or something

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
eXCeSS bought me this account because I am a whiny BITCH!
So many vagina mouths.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
You know you've got a great book when "so many vagina mouths" isn't really a spoiler.

e: announcement page: Also not too fond of the ganishkalings - reminds me of the Cloverfield zerg, which were also pretty lame. The answer to "how can I make a giant monster interact with people?" isn't "make smaller monsters." But hey, as long as things are moving forward!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

There's a preview spread from 298 up on Skullknight.net now.

LOTS of Band of the Hawk apostle forms.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

NaturalLow posted:

There's a preview spread from 298 up on Skullknight.net now.

LOTS of Band of the Hawk apostle forms.

For the lazy:
https://wi.somethingawful.com/34/34fd1eb2e2afce0342d7981a3a04310dfeb72e3b.jpg

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
I love how one of them's still his beautiful self.

GUESS WHICH ONE

Remo
Oct 10, 2007

I wish this would go on forever
Volume 33 Alternate Cover

Click here for the full 1080x600 image.

Glorious

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Remo posted:

Volume 33 Alternate Cover

Click here for the full 1080x600 image.

Glorious

Please tell me where I can order this immediately.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

I guess the waits are understandable again when you see stuff like this. Most normal people would probably take like a week to do something like that alone, even with a degree of talent

It's insane that for all those years he did have a chapter out every 2 weeks really.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Captain Controversy posted:

I love how one of them's still his beautiful self.

GUESS WHICH ONE

Why, Zodd of course :v:

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
Oh man, Guts should take them all on with the power of friendship.

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man
Finally after this thread crying wolf for 3 months we finally get some action from Miura. Im really looking forward to this ep.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

Gvaz posted:

Why, Zodd of course :v:

Zodd's horn is getting to be a tad ridiculous.

SCF
Nov 8, 2000

It's probably just a weird helmet but the one on the right looks like a pope apostle.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

ArchDemon posted:

He lost his other one, so the remaining horn is undergoing compensatory hypertrophy :science:

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man
298 RAW is out:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/grm9p2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2QCBUFG2
http://rapidshare.com/files/156822468/Berserk_298_Raw.zip

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Jesus Miura, make more 2 page spreads why don't you (seriously).

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
I've heard that when Berserk finishes at the end of its seven hundred and seventy seventh year running you'll be able to put all the two page spreads together and they'll spell out one of the secret words that form the basis of the universe.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
Of course, just as it gets epic as all hell, we realize that its the last page.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

I guess this fight must be really important to Miura somehow. We've had nothing but hype and set up of it for like a loving year, using as many spreads as possible on as LITTLE as possible.

It all looks pretty but I seriously hope this is like some massive turning point in the storyline or something with how much hype it's got.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Mr. Deathy posted:

It all looks pretty but I seriously hope this is like some massive turning point in the storyline or something with how much hype it's got.
When Griffith wins the battle against Ganishka (and he will), every man, woman and child in the kingdom is going to love him unquestioningly. He will literally be without fault. This battle will pretty much seal the world's fate.

ArchDemon posted:

Jesus, I took another look at it, and you weren't kidding. Is he growing a backup Zodd in that thing?

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 24, 2008

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

To be fair, the horn isn't really "getting" ridiculous. It's been like that ever since the other one got cut off:

http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/00000028/00000185/09.jpg

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Mr. Deathy posted:

I guess this fight must be really important to Miura somehow. We've had nothing but hype and set up of it for like a loving year, using as many spreads as possible on as LITTLE as possible.

It seems like it's a pretty big deal right now as it is. Right in front of all his potential countrymen, the Pope and his meal ticket/bride to be he is showing that his main force is comprised of horrible, gribbly monsters from the depths of hell.
Considering how most people don't like that kind of stuff when it comes to a leader this is a pretty big step for ol' Griff.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
Afterwards zodd could play with the children! :downsbravo:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Popo posted:

It seems like it's a pretty big deal right now as it is. Right in front of all his potential countrymen, the Pope and his meal ticket/bride to be he is showing that his main force is comprised of horrible, gribbly monsters from the depths of hell.
Considering how most people don't like that kind of stuff when it comes to a leader this is a pretty big step for ol' Griff.

Let's face it, even with the cruel truth of the Apostles showing (the fact that they're horrific monsters), I don't think it's going to change anything. After all, Griffith is becoming a Saint, fate and causality are moving to create him as this divine hero. Free will/ the ability to even see what they are probably doesn't matter at this point, seeing as how it's gotten to where EVERYONE is having these visions in their dreams.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

OG17 posted:

Is that just a comment on schedules or did Millar do a poster issue? I imagine it'd veer more towards "wall of explosion" than "end of Promethea."

NIPPON BANZAI

My mistake, the artist was Bryan Hitch for The Ultimates, Millar wrote it. He drew an 8-page panel for The Ultimates V2#13. The ultimate fold-out page really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
Wake me when they translate it from rapespeak.