Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Malachi Constant posted:

Umm ... it ain't 1 minute into the show...

edit: or one hour into the show...

edit2: call starts at 1:04:45, I guess that's what you meant by 1:05. :argh:

Please say either 61:05 or 1:05:00. I work with timecodes and 1:05 means one minute, five seconds.

Your 2004-05-25 recommendation is good. Drew's outrage really feeds into Adam's ranting for a change. Also, Drew says "Corn-holing pie" which is great.

Yes, I suspected this might be somewhat confusing. I figured people would assume it was an hour in, not a minute in, since the show is barely just beginning at that point. I'll make it clearer next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capnbigboobies
Dec 2, 2004
Is there a torrent anywhere for the loveline tv show? I would love to see them. I know its pretty much the radio show, but I want too see drew punch the mic and stuff like that.

Bust_Action
Dec 17, 2003
Revolving Phonebooth
The TV show wasn't Drew and Adam in the Westwood One studio; it was set up like a talk show with Drew, Adam, and the co-host sitting on couches and taking calls with a live studio audience.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bust_Action posted:

The TV show wasn't Drew and Adam in the Westwood One studio; it was set up like a talk show with Drew, Adam, and the co-host sitting on couches and taking calls with a live studio audience.

I remember enjoying the TV show, but I watched a few episodes I downloaded and it was pretty terrible.

Capnbigboobies
Dec 2, 2004

Bust_Action posted:

Oh really, that sucks.

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma
it was pretty cool to actually see them working together, if nothing else.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

I'm listening to the 2004-08-01 show right now. Adam has some sort of growth on the back of his neck which Drew is attempting to pop with a thumbtack. Adam is simultaneously taking calls to take his mind off the pain.

Good times.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Capnbigboobies posted:

Oh really, that sucks.

it did. They also had some third host, some woman there. She wasn't as bad as Teressa, but she was basically the one who picked and answered the calls and introduced new segments. She prevented Adam from doing his thing when he was on a roll, and often he wouldn't go on a roll in the first place.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

UltraRed posted:

it did. They also had some third host, some woman there. She wasn't as bad as Teressa, but she was basically the one who picked and answered the calls and introduced new segments. She prevented Adam from doing his thing when he was on a roll, and often he wouldn't go on a roll in the first place.

I never saw it, but I can only imagine a show with another host, a studio audience, and commercial breaks over a 30 minute period is hardly ideal for Adam to be funny.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bender posted:

I never saw it, but I can only imagine a show with another host, a studio audience, and commercial breaks over a 30 minute period is hardly ideal for Adam to be funny.

The caller were also nowhere near as stupid, and not as many people were molested.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 1, 2014

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster
Listening to one of last week's shows. Teresa asked Adam to pick which one he liked more, napping or masturbating. Adam called it Sofa's Choice.

Brilliant.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
You should all listen to the January 13 2005 show with Will Sasso, it's incredible.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

jimmyjams posted:

You should all listen to the January 13 2005 show with Will Sasso, it's incredible.

Is that the Gay Morning Zoo show?

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

exponentory posted:

The show right after the show where that one caller asked if he should tell the chicks he met about how he stole a human head from a cemetary or something and put it in his aquarium, and got jail time for it.
That was just an incredible, incredible call. I still have no idea what that guy's deal was. He clearly didn't do it as a standard jackoff move. He wasn't trying to make his buddies laugh and he wasn't high. He genuinely thought it was the good idea to twist the head off a corpse and put it in his aquarium.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Grifter posted:

That was just an incredible, incredible call. I still have no idea what that guy's deal was. He clearly didn't do it as a standard jackoff move. He wasn't trying to make his buddies laugh and he wasn't high. He genuinely thought it was the good idea to twist the head off a corpse and put it in his aquarium.

He just wanted, like, a decoration. As I recall, Drew was deeply unsettled by Kenneth's complete lack of a clue as to what the big deal was.

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.
After having listened to hundreds of shows from all of Adam's years, I still think my favorite guest of all time is none other than Moby. There's just something about how well he gets along with Adam and Drew and gives some very insightful answers to some of the callers. It's the 2002-08-11 show.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Alright, after finally stumbling upon listening to it for my first time, WHY aren't special allowances made to extend, say, CHARLES S. DUTTON's little interview into multiple full shows? How could a guest of more interesting capacity POSSIBLY be rustled up?

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Dr. Drew mentioned on his daytime show recently that Bob Forrest was on Loveline back when he was in Thelonious Monster and still doing drugs. Drew says he thought Bob would be dead before too long after that interview.

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone heard of this episode? It would be old, their last album was released in 1992.

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 24, 2008

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
From yesterdays adam carola show:

http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/1392916.mp3

Adam wants to play the unedited mccain oval office sound clip, everyone freaks, his boss silver calls in and begs him not to play it. Adam says he doesn't give a poo poo as he has enough gently caress you money and doesn't care about his job. Silver threatens to fire staff if it gets played. Lots of shouting, threats and rants and in the end Adam backs down (sadly).

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

He just wanted, like, a decoration. As I recall, Drew was deeply unsettled by Kenneth's complete lack of a clue as to what the big deal was.

IIRC his entire family had been in jail at various times. That poo poo was amazing; I liked Adam's advice of "don't do anything to anybody else without testing it on yourself first."

Synthetic Eddie
Oct 24, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I think it was even more awesome that he thought he would pick up chicks with it.

FloydianOne
May 13, 2006

Does anyone know the name of the Reel Big Fish or Mighty Mighty Bosstone's song that was played on Loveline as a bumper once in awhile. I know "Impression that I Get" but there was another one.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

FloydianOne posted:

Does anyone know the name of the Reel Big Fish or Mighty Mighty Bosstone's song that was played on Loveline as a bumper once in awhile. I know "Impression that I Get" but there was another one.
If it was Fish it'd be Sell Out or Take on Me. Don't know about bosstones, and I haven't actually heard the song.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

elwood posted:

Adam wants to play the unedited mccain oval office sound clip, everyone freaks, his boss silver calls in and begs him not to play it. Adam says he doesn't give a poo poo as he has enough gently caress you money and doesn't care about his job. Silver threatens to fire staff if it gets played. Lots of shouting, threats and rants and in the end Adam backs down (sadly).

Man, that's a great little bit. Something I've stumbled upon from recent episodes, on the 10-03 show, after the VP debate, DAG was on and they were all talking about the debate, and DAG said that, quote, "That retard baby was flown out of that audience so fast after the debate ended, it was crazy." And Adam talked about how they need to switch debates to boxing-style judges awarding the victors complete with gigantic black men with hats with a ton of pins on them flying out of their camp's side to punch someone (or utilize a cell phone as an overhead smashing tool) from the other side while yelling, "WE WERE ROBBED!"

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

FloydianOne posted:

List of bumpers here: http://www.dolland.net/loveline/sound/bumpers/index.html
Doesn't list any Bosstones or Reel Big Fish though.

FloydianOne
May 13, 2006

Thanks guys, I found it on youtube though. Well, at least the one I was looking for. They really liked those two bands, I've heard all of the songs you guys mentioned on the show. Just hearing this song makes me a bit sad, gets me in the mood to listen to some Loveline. ..... and then.

MIghty Mighty Bosstones - Someday I Suppose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRXUQ4IKKHY

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

elwood posted:

Alright, after listening to this whole episode, that was amazing. Adam had a good point about how censorship is retarded, but the way everything goes down is hilarious in the end.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

FloydianOne posted:

Thanks guys, I found it on youtube though. Well, at least the one I was looking for. They really liked those two bands, I've heard all of the songs you guys mentioned on the show. Just hearing this song makes me a bit sad, gets me in the mood to listen to some Loveline. ..... and then.

MIghty Mighty Bosstones - Someday I Suppose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRXUQ4IKKHY

The intro to this song is the daily intro for TACS.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

TheKub posted:

The intro to this song is the daily intro for TACS.

It's one of Adam's favorite songs, he makes Anderson play it on one of the episodes the Bosstones are guests on.

Graham Wellington
May 8, 2008

by Fragmaster
Someday I Suppose is a song that seriously sounds like it was written to be an intro for Carolla's morning show

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I suppose he'd get around to doing something someday after he's done napping and masturbating furiously.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

TheKub posted:

I suppose he'd get around to doing something someday after he's done napping and masturbating furiously.

As if there's anything better to do.

Shiggen
Apr 8, 2007
On the 2004-1-19 episode Adam hosts the show with not only Dr. Bruce, but one of his most hated kind of people, the born again christian. That person is Stephen Baldwin. Stephen Baldwin also makes calls to Jim Greco (skateboarder) during the show and Baldwin tries to communicate with Greco through the magic of radio.

BeyondRepair
Sep 11, 2006

News Machine

elwood posted:

I love how, when the definition of the 'c-word' comes out as "a wedge," Adam jumps in with "I could really go for some pie" without missing a beat. Vintage.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
David Alan Grier was at Johns Hopkins tonight (the 31st), and called my friend and I up on to the stage because we were the only two dressed up in Halloween costumes.

That's right. I got to meet my main man Dageronni.

Also, his stand up tour was hilarious. If he's near you, see him.

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.
I believe it's the 10-10-04 show. Adam goes off on PSAs (I think, god my memory is terrible and it was the random stream) and is literally screaming into the microphone. I've never heard him yelling so loudly about something. Had me in stitches.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Amazing Grace, how sweet the-- *shotgun blasts*

ATLbeer
Sep 26, 2004
Über nerd
Where the hell is the link for the TACS podcast. I see random links sprinkled in the thread but, I can't actually find the source or a feed for it.

I honestly just want to listen to todays TACS about the election. I'd love to her old man Carolla's rant on the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
iTunes Store -> Adam Carolla Show -> Subscribe -> Keep all unplayed episodes

Is it me or is Adam getting really loving annoying and preachy lately?

• Locked thread