Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
They have some questionable practices these days ($1000 for a guitar built in China with a photo-top?) and pretty much everything they do now is tacky as poo poo but I would love an original Z or an ML from the 70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Stux posted:

I think this video sums up my feelings about Dean perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dQ60FI5XiU&feature=related

That's ummmm...wow. He certainly likes that riff.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

That metal dude posted:

Ok I feel wierd posting in here amongst all these stats, pauls, and keyboard thingies but here goes.

This is a Razorback that I traded for my Randall cab. It was a steal simply for the fact that a Razorback alone is over a grand retail. The paint is aftermarket and to be honest not very good. However I'm not a stickler and it looks great from afar and plays pretty drat nice to boot. It was originaly a Slime Bumblebee that the owner never really plays. If you want to know why, well whats the point?. All those USA guitars and the man is only home for 3 days a month. Oh well, at least I get to jam!

I know a lot of people in here will hate on it but I don't care. It means a lot to me and I'm going to loving play the poo poo out of it. Just needs an X2N and some new pots to really open it up!
I can't imagine how horrible you look slamming around on them things pretending you're a guy from metalocalypse

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

LadyAnime posted:

I can't imagine how horrible you look slamming around on them things pretending you're a guy from metalocalypse

The one in the middle looks great as far as paint jobs go, the others look plastic.

Vanmani
Jul 2, 2007
Who needs title text, anyway?
As long as it makes him happy. That's what guitars are all about, eh?

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

Stux posted:

CASIO METAL :rock:

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
I just ordered a Mandala drum for $300. Got 50 bucks off, and free shipping!

This thing kicks rear end.

Check out some of these youtubes..

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=mandala+drum&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
So I don't have it yet, but Greg Bailey sent me a progress shot of the aluminum neck. :rock:

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Handen posted:

So I don't have it yet, but Greg Bailey sent me a progress shot of the aluminum neck. :rock:

[beautiful abomination of luthiery]

You are crazy and I can't wait to hear what that guitar is gonna sound like.

cylyk
Feb 3, 2006
T_T
I hope it sounds like when you stretch a slinky really long and shake it around.

That metal dude
Mar 7, 2007

I call out to the beasts of the sea! To come forth and join us! This night is yours!

Stux posted:

Even their good stuff is outstripped by other manufactuers in lower price ranges while looking tasteful. I'm not trying to poo poo on your choices, but three Deans? Really?
Dean has some tasteful instruments. The 79 series has some pretty good stuff and the USA instruments can have amazing flames and quilts. Have you checked out the Soltero?

Yeah, they are to pricey for what they offer I'll be the first to admit. These guitars kind of all happened to come to me. My only new Dean would be a black Z with all black hardware and the V plate removed. Unfortunately for me, the dealer whom I would order through has taken on more than they can handle is is unable to provide the once reliable service he offered. So I won't be buying any Deans in the near future. The number of Dime guitars is staggering and a lot of Dean players themselves feel its getting to the point of absurdity.

I've never been about guitar elitism. One brand being better than another is purely subjective. I'm also not that picky when it comes to my instruments. If its in tune, I'll play it.

LadyAnime posted:

I wish I was a quarter the player that Brendon Small is. :/

That metal dude fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 21, 2008

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Why is everyone making GBS threads on the guy for posting his instruments? Is this the pretentious snob instrument evaluation thread, or is it the post your newest purchases thread? gently caress, we're all musicians here, why the acrimony?

Here's what I picked up yesterday because I have a habit that just won't quit.

Only $100 used, and it sounds awesome. I use my Strat and Aramat Mojo Fuzz (modified Fuzz Face) into it, and it sounds like Clapton's best years. As soon as I played it, I knew that I had to have it. Highly recommended, they're super cheap, super portable and kick the poo poo out of a Valve Junior (before mods).

Circuit is modified from the original Champ practice amp of the early days of rock and roll, allowing for more overdrive thanks to a hotter preamp circuit. All overdrive comes from the power tube, of course - the preamp just feeds it more juice. Also has a low and a high input, which again contributes to a hotter sound. This thing gets some amazing, creamy overdrive, and when it's going flat out the speaker gets some great breakup as well.

Takes pedals well, but it's not going to do metal obviously.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Agreed posted:

Why is everyone making GBS threads on the guy for posting his instruments? Is this the pretentious snob instrument evaluation thread, or is it the post your newest purchases thread? gently caress, we're all musicians here, why the acrimony?

Being a pretentious snob and hating Dean are completely seperate.

Both require taste though :iceburn:

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy

Agreed posted:

Here's what I picked up yesterday because I have a habit that just won't quit.

If I ever lose one of my arms I know exactly who I'm gonna sell all my equipment to.

Nosir
Jun 11, 2006

Agreed posted:

Why is everyone making GBS threads on the guy for posting his instruments? Is this the pretentious snob instrument evaluation thread,

Its not? I must be in the wrong place then :(

Lets just be glad no-one posts BC Rich guitars in here. *quiver*

My roomates brother gave him one of these:

Havent had a chance to try it out but ive heard good things before

PS Agreed, whens Devins new album? I was listening to Ocean Machine and Accelerated Evolution today and jonesing for more. That transition between Hypergeek and Triumph is KICKIN RAD

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

My new drumset is now complete! The drums were made by acrylicdrumsheaven, and I got my cymbals Zildjian and Saluda.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/568183689fLaZVX

Vanmani
Jul 2, 2007
Who needs title text, anyway?

a sharp thing posted:

My new drumset is now complete! The drums were made by acrylicdrumsheaven, and I got my cymbals Zildjian and Saluda.

That's a funky looking kit. I like.

Jimix
Jun 20, 2001

Stux posted:

SlipknotTal on youtube comments posted:

dudes you are suck big black friend of the family balls

:lol:

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

Jimix posted:

SlipknotTal's covers aren't quite the step above we were expecting... He's got a Dean too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgcxvPTje9w

kahm
May 13, 2004

what's goin' on in this fridge

a sharp thing posted:

How can you even play that with how it is set up? You'd have to hit from forward to back to hit those toms properly, and you'd have to have arms like a giant to reach some of those cymbals!

Not trolling, I'm just curious, I just don't see how it's possible.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

a sharp thing posted:

Where's the batter head :confused:

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

3toes posted:

Where's the batter head :confused:

It's on the front of the the drum, but I took off the back head for a louder sound.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

kahm posted:

How can you even play that with how it is set up? You'd have to hit from forward to back to hit those toms properly, and you'd have to have arms like a giant to reach some of those cymbals!

Not trolling, I'm just curious, I just don't see how it's possible.

I have really weird set-ups and very long arms.

kahm
May 13, 2004

what's goin' on in this fridge

a sharp thing posted:

I have really weird set-ups and very long arms.

I'd be really interested in seeing some video of you playing. I always dig different setups and ways for drummers to feel comfortable behind their set, I change mine all the time trying to find that 'perfect' setup where everything just seems perfect to me.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Jimix posted:

This is exactly who Dean is marketing to. Look at the brows on this mother fucker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABAm-5VxwU.

The little kid makes it.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
I too will add, for the record, that I have Dean Exotica acoustic guitar and think it is great.

7.62WorldOrder
Apr 19, 2002

Ohms posted:

I recently got a 002 Rack from an old friend for $400.

Can anyone tell me what kind of desk this is, and where I might find one?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

kahm posted:

I'd be really interested in seeing some video of you playing. I always dig different setups and ways for drummers to feel comfortable behind their set, I change mine all the time trying to find that 'perfect' setup where everything just seems perfect to me.

I dunno if I have the tools to put a video online, but I'll see what I can do.

DaFuente
Nov 23, 2003

puppeh

Just got one of these for $150! Should be coming tomorrow! :banjo:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

That metal dude posted:

Ok I feel wierd posting in here amongst all these stats, pauls, and keyboard thingies but here goes.

This is a Razorback that I traded for my Randall cab. It was a steal simply for the fact that a Razorback alone is over a grand retail. The paint is aftermarket and to be honest not very good. However I'm not a stickler and it looks great from afar and plays pretty drat nice to boot. It was originaly a Slime Bumblebee that the owner never really plays. If you want to know why, well whats the point?. All those USA guitars and the man is only home for 3 days a month. Oh well, at least I get to jam!

I know a lot of people in here will hate on it but I don't care. It means a lot to me and I'm going to loving play the poo poo out of it. Just needs an X2N and some new pots to really open it up!

Look, I'm a metalhead and all, and I even like some BC Rich guitars, but jesus, does anybody on the planet look at those horrible atrocities and think, "Why yes, I too would like to own and be seen in public with a guitar covered with FLAMES AND LIGHTNING AND poo poo! Oh, and it's pointy as gently caress too. Razorblade inlays, gently caress yessssss :jerkbag:" Don't wanna hassle your buzz bro, but those guitars are incredibly loving gaudy, and absolutely tastless.

Dean make some fine guitars, but the entire Dimeback tribute series is a giant, flaming sack of poo poo.

Edit: Just commenting on the horrible, horrible look and paintjob, I'm sure they play fine.

Geisladisk fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Oct 23, 2008

SteelWav
Oct 11, 2007

7.62WorldOrder posted:

Can anyone tell me what kind of desk this is, and where I might find one?

This question. I need to know the answer.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

SteelWav posted:

This question. I need to know the answer.

I believe it's this one...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/studiorta_creation_station.htm

I might be wrong, though.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

DaFuente posted:

Just got one of these for $150! Should be coming tomorrow! :banjo:

You're going to love this. Careful, it does have some noticable tone suck when engaged (and I usually don't worry about that), and you're going to need to get used to moving the white knob with your shoe or toe, but once you get used to this pedal it is the poo poo.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

:c00l:

SteelWav
Oct 11, 2007

stun runner posted:

:c00l:

Awesome!
What are you going to use it with?

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
I don't even know, it was kind of an impulse thing. I'm gonna run a couple of synths thorough it at first (I have an Alesis Ion and an old Korg Prophecy Solo) and maybe my bass. I need to get a new interface but eventually I'm gonna use it to process audio coming from my computer. It's my first hardware effects unit and it looks really neat so I'm pretty excited.

Ichron
May 6, 2007

It's hip to be square.
I'm almost inclined to give Dean a pass because of the ZZ Top furry guitars. However, they're pushing it really loving hard with their 197 different Dimebag ones.

Look, it's like someone took their guitar to a shopping mall and got it airbrushed.

Click here for the full 1600x587 image.

Ichron fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 23, 2008

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Handen posted:

Are you getting a metal body too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Handen posted:

Jesus gently caress, is that ever shiny...