Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Tatiana posted:

Here is where my mother wants to have the reception
http://www.amherstwc.org/3.html
I'm already half regretting telling her to go ahead with it, the idea of spending so much money is really hurting my cheap, cheap heart. At least that place is pretty enough that we wont need to decorate much.

That place is gorgeous! Non-traditional reception venues are so elegant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexus-6
Mar 26, 2008

somewhere in a land of cotton candy and pinwheels where the air smells like sugar kisses

Quantum Consignment posted:

Anyone have any idea how much it will cost to get a ring sized (down)?

If you didn't want to permanently alter the ring, you could always try a Ring Guard

Endor
Aug 15, 2001

CagedLiberty posted:

Quantum Consignment: You could always phone up a couple of jewellery shops first to compare prices, that way you won't feel embarassed about not going through with it because you won't be right there.

This is a tricky suggestion though, because it will be very difficult for a jeweler to give a quote on something like resizing a ring since so many variables are involved. Is there any kind of a pattern or metalwork along the bottom of the band, or is it just a smooth surface? They usually need to see the actual ring (especially if it's a really old heirloom) to give an estimate on what it would take to resize the ring and make it look good. I suppose you could always ask "How long does your average ring resizing take, and what do you charge for an hour of labor?"

Endor fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 21, 2008

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Tatiana posted:

Here is where my mother wants to have the reception
http://www.amherstwc.org/3.html
I'm already half regretting telling her to go ahead with it, the idea of spending so much money is really hurting my cheap, cheap heart. At least that place is pretty enough that we wont need to decorate much.

Okay....the pricing on that venue is awesome. The house is gorgeous & the veranda out back is amazing as well. A party thrown there would be very intimate & classy. I think your mom has really good taste.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
If anybody is looking for reliable people in the Orange County area to do photographer/video type stuff check out my friend's parents at http://www.meyersvideo.com. They do absolutely beautiful work and her dad is the most meticulous (think Monk on ritalin) person on the planet.

Also I have been following this thread since the beginning, and I am so glad we're trending towards showing off dresses. They are all wonderful! I'd like to see everybody's.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

So we finally picked a place for the reception (2941 in Virginia) and the best part is the room has a built in sound system (hooray not paying for a DJ). So the next question is: anyone have a good list or link to a site with lists for a do-it-yourself iPod playlist for a wedding?

deltat
Oct 15, 2004

MICROSOFT IS FUCKING ME AGAIN!
Jumping in as I have a few questions. . .

I'm thinking of proposing to my gf of 3 1/2 years. Obviously I would like to get her a ring. Here is my problem. The only piece of jewelry she owns is a watch. She owns NOTHING else, (zero, zilch nuttin, nada!) no rings, no earrings, etc. (you get the point)

I want the engagement to be a total surprise, but I have no clue how to find her ring size. My only idea so far is to buy one of those ring sizing sets and try and test it on her finger when she is sleeping (creepy, I know). I can pretty much approx. and nail it down to like 4 or 5 possible sizes and then just try 1 per night. I know this idea sort of sucks (large possibility of her waking up as I'm inserting her finger into this fake ring sizing thingy). Has anyone else done something like this? She's very smart and knows that engagement is coming eventually, so there is no tricking her into slipping her finger into anything.

My second question is about ring choice. My girlfriend is VERY petite (5'1" about 100 lbs.) with very small hands. She has already stated to me "if you get me a diamond, I will not marry you" and "don't spend more then $100 on a ring". Obviously I'm going to go more then $100, but I'm trying to find a nice ring with no stones as she will never want anything flashy and if the ring is too big, I know her, she won't wear it.

The proposal will happen in Ireland as we love it so much that we are going there on vacation for the second time in two years. I was thinking about the following since I like the claddagh idea:
http://dvb.ie/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DVB&Product_Code=60847

I already spoke with the manufacturer and they said they can make it without the gemstones for around $400. Isn't that a lot of money for a ring that small?

I know I've asked a ton of questions, and I would appreciate any help I can get.

zap actionsdower!
Aug 7, 2004

in favor of festivals

deltat posted:

I don't own any other rings, either. My boyfriend just guessed at my size. Unfortunately, he guessed wrong. He bought a ring that was 5 1/2, had it resized to 7 1/2, and then once we were engaged we had it resized....to 5 1/4. :D

Depending on the material of the ring, it's not that expensive to resize. Mine is platinum and I found a local jeweler to resize it for $25 (when everyone else wanted $60-$95).

I'm 5'6 and very petite, so your girl's fingers are probably even smaller than mine. If you decide to guess.

I still don't know who talked my boyfriend into resizing UP two whole sizes!

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.

deltat posted:

I already spoke with the manufacturer and they said they can make it without the gemstones for around $400. Isn't that a lot of money for a ring that small?

I know I've asked a ton of questions, and I would appreciate any help I can get.

I don't know anything about sneak sizing but I do know that there are a shitload of claddagh rings out there with no gems in them and they are way less expensive than $400. I would keep looking around if I were you.

Edit: Obviously this is different than the one you picked but just as an example of another small non-flashy claddagh...
http://www.claddaghring.com/Petite-Claddagh-Ring-1W-p/claddagh-ring-petite-1w.htm

MockTurtle fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 23, 2008

Crash BandiCute
Nov 8, 2004

Dona Nobis Pacem
My fiance proposed to me with a plastic, adjustable cat ring before we went out and chose one together. I had very specific tastes and I'm really glad we did it that way, although he did get a jeweller to order in some he thought I would like and I did go with one of those. So that is a possibility?

Alternatively, instead of trying to place a ring sizer on her finger, put a small piece of thread around it and note where it crosses and that will give you the approx size that you can then compare to the sizer.

Tatiana
Jan 29, 2001
Forum Veteran

GoreJess posted:

Okay....the pricing on that venue is awesome. The house is gorgeous & the veranda out back is amazing as well. A party thrown there would be very intimate & classy. I think your mom has really good taste.

Yeah it's a great place! It's right next to my old high school and I used to drive by it everyday and think how nice it looked. I'm happy that it speaks for itself and doesn't need anything extra. The smaller rooms will make it more intimate as well, since we don't really like big crowds. We are thinking of just doing appetizers, but we can't really do any dancing or anything (not that we want to!), so I don't know what people will do. The grand piano is great and I can get my fiance to perform, and he's planning on writing some things for me to sing as well.

Like I said, I'm just allergic to spending ANY money. It's hard to get out of the poverty stricken student mindset.

deltat:
But how picky is she? I imagine if she's only found one thing she's liked then she probably is pretty specific :) Why not get a plain, silver one so she can help you pick out another one later? Or maybe get a silver version of the white gold ring you want?
CagedLiberty's fiance's approach of picking some rings out you like to show her later is what we did. Although we had a mutual engagement, my fiance was the one who found my ring and showed it to me. I liked to have input on it since it's the nicest thing I own and I too, am very picky.

I think that ring you picked out is a bit overpriced, but pretty.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

I just wanted to post this quick before bed. I made this for the Off Beat Bride forums, the entire post relating to it is here with descriptions of all the pictures. Basically, it's the inspiration for our techno-nature wedding. :)

Larger Image

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Oh god I love that cake, and the dress under the circuit board.

squirrellypoo
Feb 8, 2003

deltat posted:

She has already stated to me "if you get me a diamond, I will not marry you" and "don't spend more then $100 on a ring".
I felt the same way (though with a little bigger budget) so I know where she's coming from here. To sum up, you don't know her size OR her tastes in jewellery (through no fault of your own), and this is going to be a minefield.

Frankly, I'm going to suggest you do what we did - we were in Dublin on holiday and, without telling anyone, we went ring shopping over the course of several days. It gave me time to see what was available, what jumped out at me, and no pressure to buy right then and there. My fiance kept saying "you're going to wear this for the rest of your life, so make sure you love it". You might pick a ring she likes because it's connected with you, but she'll find one that's truly HER if you give her a chance.

And I always said I wanted to be surprised, so he kept the ring when we came home and waited for the right time to actually do the proposal. It was still VERY much a surprise (4 months later and in a restaurant, believe me!) and he knew I'd love the ring and that it'd fit. We told no one about our shopping until the proposal, so it didn't take any of the excitement away or anything, either.

And if you want suggestions of ring shops in Dublin, PM me.

(maybe I'm alone here, but those claddagh rings always scream "tacky tourist souvenir" to me...)

squirrellypoo fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Oct 23, 2008

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

WolfensteinBag posted:

I just wanted to post this quick before bed. I made this for the Off Beat Bride forums, the entire post relating to it is here with descriptions of all the pictures. Basically, it's the inspiration for our techno-nature wedding. :)

The cake in the bottom right is exactly our cake (we have a cherry blossom theme because we getting married end of march in DC).

deltat
Oct 15, 2004

Tatiana posted:

deltat:
But how picky is she? I imagine if she's only found one thing she's liked then she probably is pretty specific :) Why not get a plain, silver one so she can help you pick out another one later? Or maybe get a silver version of the white gold ring you want?
CagedLiberty's fiance's approach of picking some rings out you like to show her later is what we did. Although we had a mutual engagement, my fiance was the one who found my ring and showed it to me. I liked to have input on it since it's the nicest thing I own and I too, am very picky.

I think that ring you picked out is a bit overpriced, but pretty.

She's not picky at all. If I got her a cheapo silver version of a ring, all she would do is wear the silver ring and when I brought her to the store to get a gold one she would say they are too expensive and the silver one is fine.

deltat
Oct 15, 2004

squirrellypoo posted:

And if you want suggestions of ring shops in Dublin, PM me.

(maybe I'm alone here, but those claddagh rings always scream "tacky tourist souvenir" to me...)

Did any of the stores you went to in Dublin have websites? If so, can you PM me some of the better ones so I can check them out.

I agree that claddagh screams tourist, but:

1) We are tourists, so while it might be super cheesy if we live in Ireland, in the US it's hopefully not as cheesy.

2) I tried to pick out something that isn't the standard "every irish girl has one" claddagh ring. If you haven't already, take a look at the link above. It's a bit different.

Farewell Horizon
Sep 12, 2005

by Fistgrrl
If shes really petite, I would guess her ring size as being between a 3 and a 5 (I'm 5.5 and I am 6 feet tall) and then assume you'll have to get it resized. Maybe go for a 4.

Does she have any sisters that would conspire with you? I know when the time comes, my sisters boyfriend will want my help, and my sisters hands are about the same size as mine (never mind that I made her try on rings and find out her ring size).

zap actionsdower!
Aug 7, 2004

in favor of festivals

deltat posted:

She's not picky at all. If I got her a cheapo silver version of a ring, all she would do is wear the silver ring and when I brought her to the store to get a gold one she would say they are too expensive and the silver one is fine.

If she really isn't picky, you'll probably be fine. I had the same requirements, although I think my fiance spent more than I would have wanted on my ring. But he has a good sense of aesthetics and picked out a ring that is gorgeous (and looks nice on my tiny, tiny fingers!)

Tips: (i might have posted some of this already) I didn't want a diamond, either. And my fiance, in his research, learned that it is incredibly wasteful to mine the ore for any type of metal. Depending on the metal, you have to mine anywhere from 3-10 tons just to get an ounce. Lots of waste and damage!

So he went used. I was so, so happy. My second thought after, "Oh my God, I'm getting proposed to!" was "poo poo, that'd better not be a diamond."

Basically, he went to Zales and asked to see pre-owned (not necessarily uvintage or estate) jewelry. What he learned is that they basically mix in pre-owned with new stock, and, at least according to the salesperson he talked to, they don't always know which is which. He just happened to catch a nice little ring before they did that.

Additionally, they don't know what they gently caress they're talking about. :D He bought what he thought was a white gold ring, and had it resized. When he returned to pick it up, they very grumpily informed him, "Just so you know, this should have been more expensive--it's platinum." Score. (This has since been confirmed by a better, local jeweler.)

So give pre-owned a shot. I have a platinum ring with diamonds, totally guilt-free. And relatively cheap.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

deltat posted:

I'm thinking of proposing to my gf of 3 1/2 years. Obviously I would like to get her a ring. Here is my problem. The only piece of jewelry she owns is a watch. She owns NOTHING else, (zero, zilch nuttin, nada!) no rings, no earrings, etc. (you get the point)

I want the engagement to be a total surprise, but I have no clue how to find her ring size. My only idea so far is to buy one of those ring sizing sets and try and test it on her finger when she is sleeping (creepy, I know). I can pretty much approx. and nail it down to like 4 or 5 possible sizes and then just try 1 per night. I know this idea sort of sucks (large possibility of her waking up as I'm inserting her finger into this fake ring sizing thingy). Has anyone else done something like this? She's very smart and knows that engagement is coming eventually, so there is no tricking her into slipping her finger into anything.

My second question is about ring choice. My girlfriend is VERY petite (5'1" about 100 lbs.) with very small hands. She has already stated to me "if you get me a diamond, I will not marry you" and "don't spend more then $100 on a ring". Obviously I'm going to go more then $100, but I'm trying to find a nice ring with no stones as she will never want anything flashy and if the ring is too big, I know her, she won't wear it.

The proposal will happen in Ireland as we love it so much that we are going there on vacation for the second time in two years. I was thinking about the following since I like the claddagh idea:
http://dvb.ie/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DVB&Product_Code=60847

Get a piece of string and wrap it around her finger while sleeping. Even if you only get the tip, you should be able to measure the length and do some math and get a size. Then go up one size to be safe.

zap actionsdower!
Aug 7, 2004

in favor of festivals
Be careful if you do the string. A ring should be difficult to get over the knuckle, so pull that string pretty taught.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

We found our elopement venue!

(http://www.buhlmansion.com/)
It's a mansion turned luxury spa that offers an elopement package. It will still be winter when we get married and I think the mansion will look stunning in the snow. It also has an amazing jacuzzi in their fanciest room.

Aaaannd and I found my dress! I stumbled into a dress shop in search of that pesky red engagement dress and found this Maggie Sottero number. I'm in love with it!
Yay!
Edit: Image removed because I'm paranoid about my sneaky fiance stumbling across it.

amethystbliss fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 6, 2008

zap actionsdower!
Aug 7, 2004

in favor of festivals
Whoo! Mine is Maggie Sottero, too! I think I could wear just about any dress of hers.

Crash BandiCute
Nov 8, 2004

Dona Nobis Pacem
Amethystbliss, your venue is totally amazing. I really need to find a Maggie Sottero stockist here, everything I see I really like.

clyemne
Oct 18, 2004

She blinded me with Science!

WolfensteinBag posted:

Larger Image

Hey, my wedding photog took the pictures of that bride in the upper middle! I love that dress so much. I wish I had known about that designer before I bought my dress impulsively because it was super discounted at a wedding show. Oh well.

Here's more pictures with that bride and wedding dress:

http://katemcelweeblog.com/august-orcas-morgan-dino/
http://katemcelweeblog.com/trashing-the-dress-morgan-dino/

I live in Seattle, so if I can help with anything Wai-Ching related let me know.

And here's some pictures of my recent wedding for fun:

http://katemcelweeblog.com/virginia-v-lanaya-zach/

Tatiana
Jan 29, 2001
Forum Veteran
Amethystbliss, gorgeous dress and location. I think it would loo incredibly romantic in the snow.

Clyemne, I love fascinators type veils. Really nice pictures :) Also I'm having serious shoe envy!

zap actionsdower! that's a great story, what awesome luck.

I'm loving paranoid about losing my ring. It's slightly too big (I normally wear a 6 and this is a 6 1/4), but I think a little leeway is probably good in the long run (looking into those ring sizing things posted before, thanks for the link!). I'm thinking that if I engraved our names it might make it harder to steal/pawn/identify or whatever. I wish I could microchip it like my dog.

We secured the venue for March, so we just need to work out the details now. :)
Still need to figure out what the hell to do during a reception. We're not having a ceremony and thus no wedding party, and we live in another country, so no one can really tell cute stories about our courting or anything. My mom wants me to do a slideshow about our life in Australia but man, that sounds boring.

We're going to be leaving for Japan the week after for more schooling, so we need to find a tasteful way to tell people not to buy us any giant crystal bowls or blenders and give us a check instead.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

clyemne posted:

Those are so beautiful! Congrats :)

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

deltat posted:

http://www.greenkarat.com uses recycled gold and has a Claddaugh on their custom pages. She won't have to worry about mining or government conspiracies. Etsy is a good place for presents for rebels.
All the shops around here only do platinum and real diamonds so I've been searching online for a cheaper version (cubic zirconia, moissanite...) I've decided on a certain opal ring.

I have little girls hands and I'm a US size 4.5 (Japan 8.)

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

clyemne posted:

Hey, my wedding photog took the pictures of that bride in the upper middle! I love that dress so much. I wish I had known about that designer before I bought my dress impulsively because it was super discounted at a wedding show. Oh well.

Here's more pictures with that bride and wedding dress:

http://katemcelweeblog.com/august-orcas-morgan-dino/
http://katemcelweeblog.com/trashing-the-dress-morgan-dino/

I live in Seattle, so if I can help with anything Wai-Ching related let me know.

Hey, thanks! I'm always looking around for more Wai-Ching pictures, I think I'm becoming obsessed. :) It's to the point where all I saw was the picture I posted, but I said to myself, "I bet that's the Eucalyptus dress..." & sure enough it was! Your photographer is awesome, btw, and your wedding was beautiful! You used a lot of similar colors to what I like, I especially loved the bridesmaids dresses. & I LOVED your dress, even if you thought you jumped the gun on it, it's beautiful! It flows so well, perfect for a boat wedding.

amethystbliss posted:

We found our elopement venue!

(http://www.buhlmansion.com/)
It's a mansion turned luxury spa that offers an elopement package. It will still be winter when we get married and I think the mansion will look stunning in the snow. It also has an amazing jacuzzi in their fanciest room.

Holy crap, I am so jealous! That place is amazing!

deltat
Oct 15, 2004

peanut posted:

http://www.greenkarat.com uses recycled gold and has a Claddaugh on their custom pages. She won't have to worry about mining or government conspiracies.

I actually stumbled across that site yesterday before I read this post, crazy! I think I'll send them a link to the ring I am interested in and see what it would cost to make custom. I love the site, but I would imagine that custom work is going to get very expensive.

Someone else also mentioned pre-owned. I might check out that route as well.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Tatiana posted:

We're going to be leaving for Japan the week after for more schooling, so we need to find a tasteful way to tell people not to buy us any giant crystal bowls or blenders and give us a check instead.
Will Japan be considered a honeymoon at all? There are dozens of honeymoon registries you can use instead of the traditional gift registry. You register for things like massages, a bottle of wine with dinner, a limo ride around the city. These sites usually take a percentage of your money, but this one is really great: https://www.honeyfund.com. Basically, it allows you to create a registry and instead of handling your guests money, the site allowed them to print off individualized certificates and just send a check with it. You can also link to a paypal account for people who want to pay online.

RedFish
Aug 6, 2006
..blue fish, one fish, two fish: blue fish need not apply.

Tatiana posted:

Unfortunately, there is no tasteful way to tell people you want money instead of a gift. I'd be thrilled if there was, but the reality is some, if not most, of your guests are going to be offended as hell if you ask for cash instead of a gift.

It's retarded, because how many young couples need china instead of ready funds, but the fact is a lot of people consider cash gift requests the height of rudeness-- I know of people who refused to attend the wedding because they were so insulted by the cash gift in lieu of presents/registry on the invite/whatever the gently caress they wanted to get their panties in a twist over/etc. People don't like the exact cash value of their gift to be nakedly displayed, as well as the assumption that they must give a gift, even if they were planning on giving one anyway. :iiam:

Personally, I think people should stop getting so uptight about wedding etiquette in general. Some people are still direly insulted by registries, for chrissake!

The best way to deal with this, in my opinion, is to enlist a gossipy family member to let people know on the down low that you're leaving the country and can't take any household items with you, so the most helpful thing to give would be the ability to purchase the items you need once you arrive. DO NOT try to do this yourself, unless you want a poo poo-ton of drama from huffy guests.

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
just got our invitations, RSVPs, table cards etc....

84$.

thanks to a friend who works for one of the largest printing companies in the US

zap actionsdower!
Aug 7, 2004

in favor of festivals

RedFish posted:

The best way to deal with this, in my opinion, is to enlist a gossipy family member to let people know on the down low that you're leaving the country and can't take any household items with you, so the most helpful thing to give would be the ability to purchase the items you need once you arrive. DO NOT try to do this yourself, unless you want a poo poo-ton of drama from huffy guests.

Boy, I sure am posting a lot in this thread lately!

We're basically doing this, but we may go the added step of not sending out registry information (which, according to wedding ettiquette, is rude anyway. Despite the fact that EVERYONE includes their registry in their invites). We'll probably register for a few things for the kitchen, but we've been living together for almost 5 years, have most of what we need, and really just need a house for all our crap. So we'll let our friends spread the word for us. If people are cranky, whatever.

Lady googooGaGa
Nov 3, 2006

Are you freaking kidding me!?
I'm making all of my invites by hand. It is so time consuming, since I have 200 of them to make. (40 down, 160 to go) I'll try and remember to post pictures if I ever get done.

This is what each envelope contains:

A single-sheet, front and back greeting card sized insert. There are four colours so they're all different but matching: creme, medium beige, white, dark beige.

Each has two contrasting flowers one on each the top and bottom left side (I made them using a really cool hole puncher from Martha Stewart's line). I attached them using a gold brad through the center of the flower, holding a stripe of ribbon in place down the left. I then spray-glued (so no spots or globs of glue) another matching sheet to the back so you don't see the back of the brad. On the front our names are mounted on a 4 x 6 contrasting sheet of paper with a raised Eiffel Tower in the lower right corner. I did the Eiffel Tower with an embossing stencil and lightbox after I printed our names onto it in a font that I liked, which I then went over with a shiny gold scrapbook pen. On the back it has another contrasting piece (that matches the front contrasted part with our names), except it has the standard invite verbiage (Mr and Mrs Mantis announce...)

Then on a sheet of paper with flowers pressed into it, I mounted a letter on ivory paper, and that explains that we are getting married in Vegas, and that while we understand not everyone can attend, we would like to extend the invitation to anyone who can or wants to join us. It has the information for the discount for the hotels and flights that we got, and contact info for both of us if they want to come along. Then it explains the location of the reception back in PA.

Also a small paper crane, because I am using them to decorate the reception location by hanging them with ribbon from the trees, along with white lights and these cute little clear glass balls.

It is a major pain in the rear end, but the grand total for materials was $70.00, and I get a really neat feeling each time I finish one. I'm tying everything around the middle with a small bow before putting it in the envelope, where I am going to use wax and a 'C' stamp for our soon-to-be last name.

Aha, mspaint examples (I put a cross where the Eiffel tower is, its the same color as the paper, just raised):
Front:

Back:

Lady googooGaGa fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 27, 2008

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

Gorgeous! I loved the color you picked for the bridesmaids, and are those fluevogs that you wore!? Loved them either way!

clyemne
Oct 18, 2004

She blinded me with Science!
Thanks so much for the compliments, guys. I was happy with the way that it all came together in the end, and also very happy that it was a one time deal. I am not very girly and was totally clueless about how much work weddings are.

CalamityKate posted:

Gorgeous! I loved the color you picked for the bridesmaids, and are those fluevogs that you wore!? Loved them either way!

The color of the bridesmaid dresses is called "ether" (I don't know why they would name a color after a colorless liquid, but whatever) and although I loved it, it was so hard to match things with. I regret to report that I had some real bridezilla moments regarding that color. I can laugh in retrospect though. ;)

Yep, those are Fleuvogs. Hooray for being able to reuse part of the wedding outfit!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

clyemne posted:

Everything about your wedding is beautiful! Your photographer did a really nice job of capturing the day.

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya

ElanoreMcMantis posted:

I'm making all of my invites by hand. It is so time consuming, since I have 200 of them to make. (40 down, 160 to go) I'll try and remember to post pictures if I ever get done.
I'd like to see some pictures of some in-progress and finished invitations :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the anti femi nazi
May 30, 2007
So I am a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding this coming weekend. We are all getting ready for the ceremony in what will be the couples wedding suite that night, and I was thinking of leaving a few things in there for the new couple (champagne, candles). I was wondering if any of you new or soon to be brides/grooms could think of anything that you would like to have in your wedding suite as a surprise.