Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homis the cat
Nov 24, 2002
Ok this is for all the drum n bass heads out there, I was at the silent disco at bonnaroo 07 and heard some hard drum n bass song that had some MC/vocalist saying stuff like "Forced life, forced living" but apparently those aren't the lyrics as I've not been able to find the song... the guys voice sounded sort of higher pitched but sneering (sort of like the guy from Hate Dept but more snarly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

homis the cat posted:

Ok this is for all the drum n bass heads out there, I was at the silent disco at bonnaroo 07 and heard some hard drum n bass song that had some MC/vocalist saying stuff like "Forced life, forced living" but apparently those aren't the lyrics as I've not been able to find the song... the guys voice sounded sort of higher pitched but sneering (sort of like the guy from Hate Dept but more snarly)

The Freestylers - Fast Life?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY2y7t2wrv4

Suntory BOSS
Apr 17, 2006

Can somebody help me remember the song I found on this forum a while ago? This guy posted a different rap song/verse on his blog every week, then eventually posted all 52 verses strung together. It was pretty recently that he wrapped it up and I remember several people here were discussing it.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Suntory BOSS posted:

Can somebody help me remember the song I found on this forum a while ago? This guy posted a different rap song/verse on his blog every week, then eventually posted all 52 verses strung together. It was pretty recently that he wrapped it up and I remember several people here were discussing it.

it's probably charles hamilton or a.p.t., both of those cats did something like that this summer

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Ben and Stew posted:

This one's for the DJs and electronic music fans out there. I went to a Underground Sound 4 and a DJ (Tom Foolery?) played this wicked prog trance song that had a sample in it that was sped and chopped up with someone saying something like "Every day I do drugs, and all I wanna do? Drugs etc..." If anyone has a clue please let me know.

I suppose this isn't so much trance but there is a song by My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult called "A Daisy Chain 4 Satan" that has a similar sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0yI-ambNY
(check the samples at the beginning, 1:09 and at 3:20 or so)

Also, possibly Meat Beat Manifesto's "Acid Again" that uses the same sample source.

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

if the sample Secks posted is what you're talking about, you might be thinking of Duoteque - Drug Queen, it's tech house though and not chopped & screwed so that might have been the dj, if the beat and stuff sounds familiar. and the sample is from an anti-LSD propaganda record released in the 60s.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

FFT posted:

Okay this is unfortunately going to be vague as hell. I keep hearing this song but I can never remember the lyrics. It's probably less than a year old. Female vocalist (or at least sounds like one), starts off with soft vocals with at least one crescendo and decrescendo in both volume and harshness.

It's probably "rock" in some form. This song has been bugging me for months. I'm sure it placed somewhere on the Billboard charts for Rock but they don't just have them all online anymore :argh:

Okay I figured out what it was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-mxBDuRaZ8

I finally remembered some of the lyrics which rather helped

stringless fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 1, 2008

Scrubber
Feb 23, 2001
I'm just arguing for leniency; all she did was kill her friend.
This is a tough one I think.

Please help me identify the name of the song in this (moderately NWS) youtube video. Music starts at :38.

The catch is it's in Russian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8TNAL7Ks50

Thanks in advance.

(As far as I can tell "Bely Orel" isn't the name of the song.)

Scrubber fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 1, 2008

homis the cat
Nov 24, 2002

Retroboy posted:

The Freestylers - Fast Life?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY2y7t2wrv4

Awesome, thanks, that was it!!

klyman
Oct 16, 2008
Can anyone identify the song that goes oh oh oh oh oh oh about halfway through this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pFv8CAniYQ

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
A few years ago I saw this video on muchmusic, it was a pretty simple concept, cameraman sits in centre of circle of girls and pans around, girls are playing telephone, evolves into making out.

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Pweller posted:

A few years ago I saw this video on muchmusic, it was a pretty simple concept, cameraman sits in centre of circle of girls and pans around, girls are playing telephone, evolves into making out.

Simian Mobile Disco - "Hustler"

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
This is more of a "help me identify a band" and if this is post is in the wrong place, let me know.

A while ago, probably about a year, somebody in this forum posted a local funk band in their area. The band was from that bay area or Boston or some coastal area and consisted of probably 5 guys and a female singer that reminded me of Sandra Nasic (previously) from the Guano Apes. I know it's a long shot but and help would be awesome.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Headless Norseman posted:

Simian Mobile Disco - "Hustler"

That's it, thanks

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
I worked in forever 21 for a day (literally a day) and I heard this song I cant get out of my head. I googled lyrics, looked up f21 song list, everything. no dice. It was kind of a mix between rap and electro, good stuff, kind of coolkids ish, more on the tehcno side. He says (or at least I thought he says) you should watch me, I'm a doctor.

philkop fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 3, 2008

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

The Blizzards - Trust Me, I'm A Doctor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsAIcY-A64o

Don't know if this is what you're looking for. It seems to have some coolkidish elements.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets

scandoslav posted:

The Blizzards - Trust Me, I'm A Doctor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsAIcY-A64o

Don't know if this is what you're looking for. It seems to have some coolkidish elements.

nope, yeah I found this one trying to google the song. It was a black rapper

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

philkop posted:

I worked in forever 21 for a day (literally a day) and I heard this song I cant get out of my head. I googled lyrics, looked up f21 song list, everything. no dice. It was kind of a mix between rap and electro, good stuff, kind of coolkids ish, more on the tehcno side. He says (or at least I thought he says) you should watch me, I'm a doctor.

i dunno about the lyrics cuz i can't think of a single song with them in it but, judging by the way you described the music, i'd be VERY surprised if this didn't turn out to be spank rock and a misheard lyric

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
e: found it

Bitcoin Billionaire fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 28, 2008

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Way back in about 2002, there was a show on Fuse (before it sucked) that was on "The Dive." I only remember the video, I don't remember the song at all except for the video, which makes it surprisingly difficult to place.
The plot of the video was this porcupine/hedgehog creature wearing headphones, who walked around on this strange planet w/ a female porcupine/hedgehog creature with a bow on it's head. After a fair amount of happiness was to be had, giant snake-like creatures ate her, and he went all crazy all over these snake creatures. I loved the song, but I have no idea what the title/band is. I hope someone knows this.

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time

Illuminado posted:

Way back in about 2002, there was a show on Fuse (before it sucked) that was on "The Dive." I only remember the video, I don't remember the song at all except for the video, which makes it surprisingly difficult to place.
The plot of the video was this porcupine/hedgehog creature wearing headphones, who walked around on this strange planet w/ a female porcupine/hedgehog creature with a bow on it's head. After a fair amount of happiness was to be had, giant snake-like creatures ate her, and he went all crazy all over these snake creatures. I loved the song, but I have no idea what the title/band is. I hope someone knows this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGa3cWDzxlI

I'm not sure about the snake creatures part, but I'm pretty sure you're thinking of It's a Hit by Rilo Kiley

Johnny Future fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 5, 2008

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
Saw this in a bike video... It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't figure it out.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Johnny Future posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGa3cWDzxlI

I'm not sure about the snake creatures part, but I'm pretty sure you're thinking of It's a Hit by Rilo Kiley

DEAR SWEET MONKEY JESUS!!!
Yes that's it, thank you! I was trying to find this song forever.

Cuck Everlasting
Feb 4, 2008

I don't know any better place to post this, so I guess I'll leave this here. I'm not looking for a specific song, but a band. They're a cover band I found on the internet a few years ago. The catch is they cover songs while listening to the songs over extremely loud noise-canceling headphones, so they can't actually hear themselves perform. The end result is the most hilarious and awesome thing I've ever heard. Does anyone else recall anything like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I recall the name of the group went by something to the effect of The Awesome Method or something.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Testiclops posted:

I don't know any better place to post this, so I guess I'll leave this here. I'm not looking for a specific song, but a band. They're a cover band I found on the internet a few years ago. The catch is they cover songs while listening to the songs over extremely loud noise-canceling headphones, so they can't actually hear themselves perform. The end result is the most hilarious and awesome thing I've ever heard. Does anyone else recall anything like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I recall the name of the group went by something to the effect of The Awesome Method or something.

Legion of Rock Stars

http://www.dailymotion.com/popular/fibbox/1

Cuck Everlasting
Feb 4, 2008

you are a saint. thank you god!

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

YouDummy posted:

Legion of Rock Stars

http://www.dailymotion.com/popular/fibbox/1

Ooooh my god, these guys are amazing. Thank you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA1ZwqZVYQg&feature=related

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Scaught posted:

Saw this in a bike video... It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't figure it out.

Sounds a lot like Minus the Bear. No idea what song that could be, but that's definitely their sound.

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;

Abel Wingnut posted:

Sounds a lot like Minus the Bear. No idea what song that could be, but that's definitely their sound.

That's what I thought, but the video's ~2 minutes long and I heard no vocals... I don't know any pure instrumental Minus songs so I figured it's a post-rock band of some sort :/

MetaKaiser
Jun 3, 2006
It's evolution, baby
This is a hardcore song that I heard at a friend's house or at a party or something sometime recently. I feel like the song opens up with the guy screaming something to the effect of, "Oh the blood oh the blood *something something something*". On second thought, it might not be the beginning of the song, but during a breakdown sometime in the middle. I know for this genre that's an extremely vague description of a song (because that could probably be 11 different songs), but any help would be great.

fossil005
Mar 7, 2005
Does anyone know the "Whoa oh oh ohhh" song that they put in movie montages a lot? Seaching google with only those words doesn't really work all that well. For reference it's in Role Models. It's not Zombie Nation, it's happy montage music stuff and the drat chorus is stuck in my head.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

fossil005 posted:

Does anyone know the "Whoa oh oh ohhh" song that they put in movie montages a lot? Seaching google with only those words doesn't really work all that well. For reference it's in Role Models. It's not Zombie Nation, it's happy montage music stuff and the drat chorus is stuck in my head.

Isley Brothers' Shout?

fossil005
Mar 7, 2005

Pweller posted:

Isley Brothers' Shout?

Unfortunately no. It's also in National Lampoon.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn6uqwSjDjY&feature=related... and I of course just figured it out. They're saying "Holiday Road" not "whoa oh oh oh". Holiday Road - Lindsey Buckingham

mAndrew
Sep 21, 2008

MetaKaiser posted:

This is a hardcore song that I heard at a friend's house or at a party or something sometime recently. I feel like the song opens up with the guy screaming something to the effect of, "Oh the blood oh the blood *something something something*". On second thought, it might not be the beginning of the song, but during a breakdown sometime in the middle. I know for this genre that's an extremely vague description of a song (because that could probably be 11 different songs), but any help would be great.

My guess is Job for a Cowboy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-x95Q0SJfY

I was on my way home from class last night, when I put on the local college radio station. They play any and all genres, so there's really no telling exactly what the song could have been. I'd place the era between the 1920's and 40's. It was very down tempo with a tiny bit of piano, but I'd say the main instrument was either an oboe or a clarinet. Completely instrumental. As I listened to it, I got the image of a private investigator sitting alone in a bar drinking scotch and smoking a cigarette. I dunno if that helps.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I could've sworn that I heard someone playing a rap song that had a Sigur Ros song as the beat to it. Anyone know what the name of the remix is? I can't find anything Googling/Youtubing.

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.

Scaught posted:

If you find this, please post what it was...I think it's really good too.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

This one's been driving me nuts for a while now. I can't remember the lyrics, but I know it has something to do with chess. It's a fairly slow song and features several passages of "do-do do-do do-do do-do do-do do-do do-wah". I know this is rather vague, but it's really all I can remember about it. Anybody have any ideas as to what the heck I'm talking about?

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of "I've seen all good people" by Yes.

Pepperoneedy fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 8, 2008

virozir
Nov 7, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_eXuLFeO4

I was on the road and this tribal dance type song came on. I managed to get a small snippet of the song... anyone able to identify it?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I need to know the name of that "Italian Song" that goes

DA DA DADA | DA DA DA | DA DADADADA

The Postman fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 8, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
This isn't a real 'what is this song?' post, but the other day I listened to Think About The Way by Frisco and Ice MC, which was pretty awesome. I want to know if the individual artists have any other notable songs of their own? I haven't been able to find any.