Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
SEVEN TWO PAGE SPREADS

298 by Franky House: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M0812JHH

e: released 9 hours ago. how am I the first to post it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
That's it?!?

Oh, what a tease you are Miura. :bang:

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
At least there's a date for the next chapter. Of course then the next chapter won't have one and we'll wait 3 or 4 months again.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

So, is Miura going to switch from two-page Griffith spreads to giant single page headshots?

If he did that, perhaps he'd finish chapters faster.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Kinda disappointed there was no Guts. Also wouldn't some people be suspicious of Griffith commanding his demon army to release its' demon powers?

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Evil Genius 298

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I worked out a deal with my local comic book store a few days ago to buy all of certain long running series' in one go, for 10% discount. I asked for Monster first, since that was the one that happened to be there, and catch my eye. Since Berserk is next on my list, and I've never seen it in store - is it too in those tiny tankoban formats, or is there larger versions available?

I don't mind the small size of most manga, but Berserk could really use something more akin to western comics' trade paper backs and if there's any chance at all that such a thing exists, or will at some point in the future I just want to know now and save my monies.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

tsob posted:

I worked out a deal with my local comic book store a few days ago to buy all of certain long running series' in one go, for 10% discount. I asked for Monster first, since that was the one that happened to be there, and catch my eye. Since Berserk is next on my list, and I've never seen it in store - is it too in those tiny tankoban formats, or is there larger versions available?

I don't mind the small size of most manga, but Berserk could really use something more akin to western comics' trade paper backs and if there's any chance at all that such a thing exists, or will at some point in the future I just want to know now and save my monies.

They're roughly 5"x7.25" so does that help? They sell them in my local Boarders here in redneck country USA.

It's funny you should say that because I showed volume 1 to a friend ages ago and he thought it looked too "american".

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

tsob posted:

It's in volume format, yes. So far there's 33 volumes of material, about 22(?) of which are out in America right now.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Miura's monsters gave me inspiration to MSPaint this:

Click here for the full 899x797 image.

I'm glad this poo poo is back. Also, if you can, read this chapter while listening to the song Sign from the PS2 Berserk game. It really fits.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Oct 26, 2008

quarkman
Feb 7, 2006

I'ma fucking KILL you Spuds Mackenzie
Is there anywhere to get the Evil Genius translations without a torrent? I've finished up to 289, and I'm currently up in a place where the internet is garbage, and it seems like every port I try to use is blocked. I can direct download things (slowly, but it works), but that's it. Anyone have any ideas?

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

quarkman posted:

Is there anywhere to get the Evil Genius translations without a torrent? I've finished up to 289, and I'm currently up in a place where the internet is garbage, and it seems like every port I try to use is blocked. I can direct download things (slowly, but it works), but that's it. Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.onemanga.com/Berserk/ Is my only thought, though your slow connection problem may still occur.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
I think this problem would occur despite the connection speed:

OneManga posted:

Notice: Because Dark Horse has requested that we remove Berserk from our site, all chapters have been removed until further notice. We're trying to see if we can put it back up, but for now no Berserk >__<".

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

SeedyV posted:

What the christ...

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

quarkman posted:

Since onemanga removed it, and they seem to have been using the FH version anyways, seriously just read this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M0812JHH

I doubt there's any real difference in quality.

e: or try #[Evil_Genius]@irc.irchighway.net
might be a bot to get it from
e2: nevermind, that doesn't seem to exist.

cooldude2.0 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 27, 2008

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

I don't think it's Evil Genius, but https://www.thespectrum.net is where I go for Berserk.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

ArchDemon posted:

I don't think it's Evil Genius, but https://www.thespectrum.net is where I go for Berserk.
Pretty sure that site just triggered this lab computer's antivirus software.

Swedish Nice Boy
Jun 21, 2007

by angerbeet

SeedyV posted:

You can cheat :ssh:

Edit: VVVVV Sorry, I'm an idiot.

Swedish Nice Boy fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 28, 2008

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Dancing Ferret, you are a remarkably helpful person!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Dancing Ferret posted:

You can cheat :ssh:

You could also get probated for encouraging people to not buy the manga volumes for early chapters that are very readily buyable! (hint: dont do that)

quarkman
Feb 7, 2006

I'ma fucking KILL you Spuds Mackenzie

ArchDemon posted:

Thanks a bunch man, this works, although it takes like 10 seconds to load every page with the ads and such. But it is better than not being able to keep up, for sure! I'm glad I'll get to be current on this manga and talk about it, it's the first manga I've ever read (the anime was just too drat good, but the ending was a fuckin' bummer, so I had to keep following the story).

Gwynne
Oct 24, 2004
I'm a gnome
This chapter was such a tease. I want more :argh:

Lazermaniac
Sep 2, 2007
Do not stare into beam with remaining eye.
At least we have a solid date for the next one this time.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
eXCeSS bought me this account because I am a whiny BITCH!
The date at the end was the best bit. A whole lot of nothing happened in this ish, but I'm glad we at least got a solid date.

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man
I was wondering how Miura would handle the continuation of the last couple of chapters. Since the Kushan army was scattered the Band of the Hawk had to fight something smaller. No way they could all try to gang up on Emperor Ganishka in that form.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Captain Controversy posted:

The date at the end was the best bit. A whole lot of nothing happened in this ish, but I'm glad we at least got a solid date.

Don't be so happy. It's happened the same way for the last 2-3 years. We have a break for a few months, then there's a few chapters in a row without too much of a gap between them, then all of a sudden there's either a chapter with a ridiculous far off date, or there's no word on next chapter at all.

The situation's been getting progressively worse, too.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I'd be a bit happier about the slow release schedule if the last chapter had a little more content. The plot is coming along so slowly, that I find it hard to believe that Miura will ever actually finish the story. I would like something to happen, please.

Seriously, did anything happen in the last chapter?

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

^Miura drew a double page spread simply of Griffith's face alone. That's like...the most important event in the entire manga. :v:

On a serious note I guess the "war" started at least. Since the hype and build up is over now hopefully that means more time can be spent on simply ploughing through this battle.

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Seriously, did anything happen in the last chapter?

Well, Griffith's men transformed into demons in front of anybody, which might scare the poo poo out of them. It's just happening... very... slowly. As far as plot progression goes, you could probably equate a chapter of Berserk to two pages of One Piece. When there's a two page spread in One Piece, there's a Berserk chapter of nothing but two page spreads. And it takes 3 months for us to see it, instead of getting 18 or 19 per week. It's still a very cool chapter of two page spreads, but also very frustrating.

At this rate it'll probably go something like this:

299: Griffith's followers express concern at the demon army amid two page spreads of fighting.
300: Griffith's followers decide to do something about it amid two page spreads of fighting.
301: Some of Griffith's followers start dying painful deaths whenever they walk out of the light radius that God put there to make Griffith's hair look nice. Amid two page spreads of fighting.
302: Griffith's followers decide they're better off with Griffith.
307: The battle ends and Ganishka dies over the course of 3 more chapters.
405: Elf Island.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Zackarotto posted:

299: Griffith's followers express concern at the demon army amid two page spreads of fighting.
300: Griffith's followers decide to do something about it amid two page spreads of fighting.
301: Some of Griffith's followers start dying painful deaths whenever they walk out of the light radius that God put there to make Griffith's hair look nice. Amid two page spreads of fighting.
302: Griffith's followers decide they're better off with Griffith.
Thanks, this was actually more satisfying to read than the last chapter.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.

Zackarotto posted:

Are... are you the second coming of Miura?

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Zackarotto posted:

299: Griffith's followers express concern at the demon army amid two page spreads of fighting. Griffith.
300: Griffith's followers decide to do something about it amid two page spreads of fighting. Griffith.
301: Some of Griffith's followers start dying painful deaths whenever they walk out of the light radius that God put there to make Griffith's hair look nice. Amid two page spreads of fighting. Griffith.
302: Griffith's followers decide they're better off with Griffith. Various two-page spreads of Griffith's facial expression, in the last of which he gives a very faint smile.

I have altered your predictions to make a closer match to reality.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Elentor posted:

Miura's monsters gave me inspiration to MSPaint this:

Click here for the full 899x797 image.

I'm glad this poo poo is back. Also, if you can, read this chapter while listening to the song Sign from the PS2 Berserk game. It really fits.

You need to have the talon going into the eyeball

Any two spread of a bunch of monsters killing something and the monsters happen to have talons, one talon is always inside an eyeball.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
Has anyone taken the time to watch the Beserk Abridged Series by hbi2k on youtube? I found it rather humorous if a little rough in the beginning. It should give you guys something to do in the meantime while we wait for the next chapter.

edit: Here's the link to his profile http://www.youtube.com/user/hbi2k he's got all his BAS videos grouped together so there's a nice little play all button.

Zexerous fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 6, 2008

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EVIR Gibson posted:

You need to have the talon going into the eyeball

Any two spread of a bunch of monsters killing something and the monsters happen to have talons, one talon is always inside an eyeball.

You're absolutely right.

It's now fixed:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Kylaer posted:

I have altered your predictions to make a closer match to reality.
This is so true it hurts.

"Oh well, no guts and crew but atleast there's a batt*TWO PAGE GRIFFITH YEEEAAAHH*"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys
Guess what? Berserk was REALLY released.

RAW:

http://rapidshare.com/files/163327268/Berserk_299_Raw.zip%A0

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
So I assume that his followers aren't entirely stupid, save for one groupie :sigh:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yet another chapter coming out later this month as well? Can we dare hope for four chapters in a row?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
What was the point of becoming a massive monstrous abomination if you're completely ineffective against, well, everything?