Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Zool posted:

Rotating your hips around the tank is exactly what I was told to do when I went to a racing school.

Was this at Pacific raceways or Deja Vu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Was this at Pacific raceways or Deja Vu?

Racing school. Not whoring school.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Zool posted:

I was taught to not hang your hips off. Pretty sure most schools around the bay teach do not pivot your hips around the tank. Although one of the instructors when my friend hit up his track school said to do it, then was immediately corrected by another instructor.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Zool posted:

Just wondering cause you DID crash twice at that same instruction

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Zool posted:

Rotating your hips around the tank is exactly what I was told to do when I went to a racing school.

How did they tell you to orient your hips? If they told you to keep them perpendicular to the line of the bike and move them around the gas tank, then yes, that's correct. The thing is, when most people hear the words "rotate around the tank" the immediately turn their hips into the gas tank, so the line of their hips ends up moving parallel with with the bike.

If you have your hips more parallel to the tank, you will end up riding crossed up. I do it constantly, it's annoying as gently caress, and causes me to ground out hard parts early all the time.

Twenty-Seven
Jul 6, 2008

I'm so tired

jujube posted:

I hear you brotha, it's near impossible to find some decent left-handers :I

turn around? :confused:

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*

Twenty-Seven posted:

turn around? :confused:

I've been toying with that idea...

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Zool posted:

Don't argue with the hang off nazis, the purpose is to look like real racers when hanging off. Not to actually move weight off the bike and feel comfortable.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

HNasty posted:

Don't argue with the hang off nazis, the purpose is to look like real racers when hanging off. Not to actually move weight off the bike and feel comfortable.

You're right! Gosh, real racers never move their weight around. How silly to emulate someone with good form. :rolleyes:

Not saying you have to be elbows or anything, just don't turn your hips and drag your rear end on the ground. If you rotate your hips so that they face inwards towards the motorcycle, how exactly are you supposed to bend your spine sideways to get your weight lower and to the inside? You don't, you end up crossed up as hell, with your rear end hanging off and your chin over the gascap.

Keep your hips facing straight forward, one butt cheek off the seat, and drop and bend your inside elbow, pointing it straight towards the ground. Your chin should be around your clipon. You should see your front tire out of your peripheral vision.

If you're out of shape, you won't be able to do it.

And hanging off correctly doesn't instantly feel comfortable. People who are "feeling comfortable" on the bike are almost always crossed up.

You can ride really, really drat fast with poo poo body position. But it's faster and safer to do it the right way, and as someone who is spending a shitload of time relearning body positioning because I was lazy with it before and now I'm dragging pegs everywhere, it's easier to just work towards it early on and have good habits engrained. Otherwise when the hammer goes down, you always end up riding with poo poo body positioning.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 28, 2008

Twenty-Seven
Jul 6, 2008

I'm so tired

jujube posted:

Ooooooh.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

z3n posted:

:words:

I something i want to show you regarding this topic but you're never on AIM. Are you ignoring me :smith:

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

jujube posted:

you can always do the cloverleaf 200...

all of the on ramps and off ramps face each other you could go around and around and never stop... till someone calls the cops that is... (ask Joe how he makes cops dizzy when they try to follow him on his 83 GS1100E.)

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Skreemer posted:

all of the on ramps and off ramps face each other you could go around and around and never stop... till someone calls the cops that is... (ask Joe how he makes cops dizzy when they try to follow him on his 83 GS1100E.)
How would be going in circles on the highway warrant someone calling the police on you? Aside from some people being nuts and calling the cops for the stupidest reasons. Its not illegal or is it?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

SanitysEdge posted:

How would be going in circles on the highway warrant someone calling the police on you? Aside from some people being nuts and calling the cops for the stupidest reasons.

Well, for a decent rider to have fun on a big, on camber cloverleaf, you're probably doing about 70-90mph, depending on how the corner is laid out. Plus, if you pass a little, ahem, aggressively around the cloverleaf as traffic stacks up, that could set people off too.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Skreemer posted:

I just knew there'd be videos of this on YouTube. :v:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0blXuNMHgQ - UK, Crappy video, decent engine audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aZRxHv44Tg - US, Better video, overdubbed rock audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYG388Q2D5c - UK, Crappy video and audio, but a neat rear-facing shot with another bike. Second rider has crap form.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Boat posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYG388Q2D5c - UK, Crappy video and audio, but a neat rear-facing shot with another bike. Second rider has crap form.

Haha, when the headlight reflects off the lens of the camera and makes the red bit above his head it looks like Snake just surprised him in some metal gear solid game.

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*

Z3n posted:

Well, for a decent rider to have fun on a big, on camber cloverleaf, you're probably doing about 70-90mph, depending on how the corner is laid out. Plus, if you pass a little, ahem, aggressively around the cloverleaf as traffic stacks up, that could set people off too.

And it does set people off. The road I pictured is called "Einde A4" (youtube for moviez) and is a hotspot for riders in the area as soon as the weather permits it. We tend to slow down to about 70 to 60 km/h before entry to generate a bit of distance which causes a lot of butthurt with the cagers.

I had my first kneedown over there so it holds a special place in my heart :cool:

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Random long rear end supermoto vid

This must've been done before but I'm on an SM binge. Plus I'm the dude in the beginning.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Random long rear end supermoto vid

This must've been done before but I'm on an SM binge. Plus I'm the dude in the beginning.

Spiffness better get back before you bin his bike.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
What does a KTM 690 SMC go for in American Monies?

Turtle Parlor
Sep 12, 2005
village idiot

TheFonz posted:

What does a KTM 690 SMC go for in American Monies?

I saw a few for around 9k.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Zool posted:

Spiffness better get back before you bin his bike.

Don't talk like that.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Spiffness posted:

Don't talk like that.

He's sooooooooo cute. I should get a picture of weebie riding it.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

GriszledMelkaba posted:

He's sooooooooo cute. I should get a picture of weebie riding it.

Now this is something I approve of.

Lightbulbs
Aug 9, 2007
I have chicken strips on my CBR because i dont have the ability yet to lean in all the way. I took the MSF course but that only makes you a great parking lot rider. Im gettting better but i didnt want to buy another 600 because once im fully proficent in it, i'll want to upgrade. Its just easier for me to ride within my skill level on an overpowered bike rather than waste the money on a new bike a year or two later.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
What the gently caress?

Edit: Oh, you're the human being that had the kawis and the yellow CBR.

That was a big WTF are you talking about moment, until I just realized you're just loving retarded.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 31, 2008

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus

Lightbulbs posted:

because once im fully proficent in it, i'll want to upgrade.

How the hell do you upgrade from a 600? :psyduck:

And your username... it's like you're an oxymoron.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Strap two busas together and fill em with NOS yo

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Lightbulbs posted:

I have chicken strips on my CBR because i dont have the ability yet to lean in all the way. I took the MSF course but that only makes you a great parking lot rider. Im gettting better but i didnt want to buy another 600 because once im fully proficent in it, i'll want to upgrade. Its just easier for me to ride within my skill level on an overpowered bike rather than waste the money on a new bike a year or two later.

It's like every motorcycling stereotype come to life! Come to me, little troll...let me show you to the new riders as an example of what not to do :)

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

TheFonz posted:

What the gently caress?

Edit: Oh, you're the human being that had the kawis and the yellow CBR.

That was a big WTF are you talking about moment, until I just realized you're just loving retarded.

Z3n posted:

It's like every motorcycling stereotype come to life! Come to me, little troll...let me show you to the new riders as an example of what not to do :)

Who are you guys to judge him? He's just sharing what his experiences and preferences are, but that gives you no reason to lambast him for it. For all intensive purposes he could be a great rider that keeps his bike completely upright while going through the turn.

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn
^^intents and purposes

> Cycle Asylum > Cycle pictures and videos

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Riding in Tehran

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
he sure dont give a gently caress

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
This is what happens when you don't adjust your preload and ride over a crest and into a sudden gully with a pillion at a... rapid pace.

Click here for the full 1920x1080 image.

Thankfully the tire was fine, preload since adjusted and plate stomped back into shape!

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

bung posted:

Riding in Tehran

Motherfucker's crazy!

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Steel balls. I can't fathom how someone can ride through cross traffic like that

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Tentacle Party posted:

This is what happens when you don't adjust your preload and ride over a crest and into a sudden gully with a pillion at a... rapid pace.

Click here for the full 1920x1080 image.

Thankfully the tire was fine, preload since adjusted and plate stomped back into shape!

I have a very similar dent in my license plate, soft suspension on our SVs.

Is your TRS full or a slip on?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Crazy loving jump in SF.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I was just in san fran and I wanted my DRZ for this exact reason.

God thats awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Spiffness posted:

I was just in san fran and I wanted my DRZ for this exact reason.

God thats awesome.

That's a goddamn shame. A pity almost. *chortles heartily*