Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Thats it I'm buying a supermoto before move out of the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

I was in SF for a school trip one time, me and a buddy ditched the group and took a taxi around. The cabbie was one of the old-school types, all chatty and whatnot. At one point he says, "You guys ever see the movie Bullit, with Steve McQueen? This is the hill he jumps in his Mustang. You wanna try it?" We were a little taken aback, and didn't really say anything, and he laughed it off. But sure enough, he pulls up to the stop sign at the bottom, looks around, and then just floors it. I could swear all four wheels left the ground. The noise when we came back down was horrendous.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Sold my DRZ-SM with 10k miles and no accidents for $3800, got this with 10k miles and no accidents for $3800:

A 2004 GSXR 600, I am not a fan of yellow but it was to good of a deal to pass up. The DRZ will be missed, for now I am happy to be back on a sportbike though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:tear: I do love the looks of the 04-05 GSXRs. I had an 04 600 in that same scheme, and man was it a gorgeous bike. Dead on reliable too, have fun, its a wonderful machine.

Dont let the cold valvetrain noise scare you. Mine sounded awfully loud before it warmed up, but it was nothing.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
Nice Gixxer. I loved my 04, although it was the blue and white color scheme. Probably my favorite bike on the track.

Kind of weird that Phat Albert and I both went from a gsx-r600 to the DRZ-SM and you are going the other way.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Yea, but Phat can't keep a bike for longer than 3 months.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hush your face. I love all bikes, and want to try them all, can you blame me?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I once had sex with a girl who looked like that. Her name was Emily. It was ok. I wish she had an accordion. I would have enjoyed that more.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k

Phat_Albert posted:

Hush your face. I love all bikes, and want to try them all, can you blame me?

I envy that :(

Mooks
Apr 18, 2007

Well! What is it!

On-board with the fastest lap at TT Isle of Man

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
at least 3 or 4 times watching both parts of that I found myself holding my breath for extended periods of time, TT riders have to be partially insane, respect tho

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I've been trying to remember what this show was called since I saw Long Way Round, it's been bugging me forever and finally an MCN article gave me a name. For those of you who enjoyed Long Way Round but didn't like the support vehicles, brand new bikes and near-unlimited funding; try Terra Circa.

Long way round was basically a carbon copy of this ride (LWR researchers were even in contact with the Terra Circa guys), except this was done by a bunch of blokes on old 350 dirt bikes with no support means and entirely self funded. The problem is, you'll have to buy it on DVD, in my opinion it's well worth it. Especially if you need some inspiration for an adventure trip for next season!

The MCN article was, by the way, reporting Austin Vince's disgust at Long Way Round claiming several 'firsts' after getting through eastern Russia.

[working title]
Dec 7, 2004
Aaargh!

ReelBigLizard posted:

Terra Circa.

Seconding this. one of the best programmes i've seen and really really funny too. Well worth buying. Essentially just a group of normal blokes doing something amazing on next to no money.:britain:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HOLY FUCKBALLS someone buy this

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/905958201.html

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

HOLY FUCKBALLS someone buy this

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/905958201.html

Holy christ. That...I...wow. I wonder how much he wants for it?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I JUST BOUGHT A BIKE!

I need this!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh god

ROCK HARD

bung
Dec 14, 2004

If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing a Bimota DB7 in person, here it is in 3D.

Sick_Nukes
Aug 10, 2004

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

Sold my DRZ-SM with 10k miles and no accidents for $3800, got this with 10k miles and no accidents for $3800:

A 2004 GSXR 600, I am not a fan of yellow but it was to good of a deal to pass up. The DRZ will be missed, for now I am happy to be back on a sportbike though.

I always thought that year in the yellow black scheme was one of the best looking GSXR's ever. I probably would have bought that over my 636 but at the time everyone in the used market was asking stupid high prices for them.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

After looking at the pictures, you should look into bar ends (at least the side I can see is missing it). Without them your hands may get numb quickly. I had an 04 and an 05 so feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I know a fair bit about them and still have some extra parts in my garage if you are missing anything. I don't think I have an extra bar end but I'll look for you.

EDIT: I think I have a set of OSF rearsets that just need a new peg and would bolt up if you are interested. I'd let you have them dirt cheap (really, really, cheap).

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

HOLY. poo poo.

He is BARELY keeping that bike semi planted and on the track. I lost track counting the tankslappers. Jesus Christ.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
You never saw any tankslappers, just a little bit a wobble.

mutt2jeff fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 6, 2008

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

mutt2jeff posted:

You never saw any tankslappers, just a little bit a wobble.

Yeah, just the back wheel getting a little squirrely. It was pretty cool hearing him narrate over his run, though it got really loving hard trying to figure out what he was saying at times.

Kyon
Dec 19, 2006

brap

poo poo, maybe it's because I only started riding a few months ago - but I got chills just from watching this.

Turtle Parlor
Sep 12, 2005
village idiot

Kyon posted:

poo poo, maybe it's because I only started riding a few months ago - but I got chills just from watching this.

No, the man is missing critical elements in his "ride safely" cognitive functions. TT riders are seemingly okay with the fact that *someone* is going to die during the season, possibly multiple riders.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Turtle Parlor posted:

No, the man is missing critical elements in his "ride safely" cognitive functions. TT riders are seemingly okay with the fact that *someone* is going to die during the season, possibly multiple riders.

Eh, it's not that bad. The TT kills typically about one rider every 2 years, and if you consider the number of people out there going balls to the wall, it's not that insane. Sure, poo poo could hit the fan, but Daijiro Kato died on the suzuka track...

Besides, you ride a stupid fast bike long enough, and 190mph is just...what you do. As he says, your brain recalibrates and speed just doesn't feel the same anymore. You can see that he's holding it in a little on most of the corner exits, not running it out to the paint like he would on the racetrack. He picks up some headshake here and there, but when you're on it like he is, that's just a side note. Headshake, while scary initially, is actually almost irrelevant in the grand scheme of riding a motorcycle. It's just the suspension getting overloaded or loaded in the wrong way, and if you just pitch it in anyways, it's fine.

I wouldn't pass up the chance to race the TT. I probably wouldn't do it on a literbike, but if someone said "take the literbike and race the TT or forever pass on it", I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

The TT is the ultimate expression of "Fast in the fast sections, slow in the slow sections". He REALLY slows the pace to keep himself sane through the tight stuff.

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
Check out this icy hot stunta, on a harley...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFU44GWM6lk

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Valfar posted:

The Van Halen in the beginning makes it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Valfar posted:

That's cool. Glad to see he's wearing the proper Harley gear (beanie with a spike on top).

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

TheFonz posted:

I once had sex with a girl who looked like that. Her name was Emily. It was ok. I wish she had an accordion. I would have enjoyed that more.

Was that pre-op or post op? :barf:

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Z3n posted:

Eh, it's not that bad. The TT kills typically about one rider every 2 years

Wiki says 225 deaths in 100 years.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

"[working title posted:

"]
Seconding this. one of the best programmes i've seen and really really funny too. Well worth buying. Essentially just a group of normal blokes doing something amazing on next to no money.:britain:

This seems really cool. Is Mondo Enduro also neat? Is it older? I can't quite tell since they seem to be riding all kinds of bikes.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Gnomad posted:

Was that pre-op or post op? :barf:

Pre.

:coal:

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

cmorrow001 posted:

After looking at the pictures, you should look into bar ends (at least the side I can see is missing it). Without them your hands may get numb quickly. I had an 04 and an 05 so feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I know a fair bit about them and still have some extra parts in my garage if you are missing anything. I don't think I have an extra bar end but I'll look for you.

EDIT: I think I have a set of OSF rearsets that just need a new peg and would bolt up if you are interested. I'd let you have them dirt cheap (really, really, cheap).

Shoot me an email (dickjokes at gmail) and we can talk about those rear-sets. I've never had a set of aftermarket rearsets before, that would be really cool.

I've only put about 100 miles on the bike so far as the weather since I bought it has been horrible, but I'm in absolute love with the bike so far. I find myself searching the revs a lot for power which I am having to get used to all over again, but the bike handles very well and the brakes are awesome.

I am taking it easy for the time being on the engine as I don't know how many miles the oil has on it so I need to get that changed asap. I also need to invest in a new chain/sprocket kit. It has a DID 520 chain on it now, but has a stock rear sprocket and the MPH is off so I assume it has a smaller front sprocket. The chain has rust spots on nearly every link, so it should probably be changed. What chain/sprocket kit would you recommend for the bike?

The one flaw the bike has is it was dropped in a driveway so it has a tiny rash spot on the fairing and the engine case on the side you can't see in the pics. When that happened it bent the clutch lever, which I cleaned up as best as I could but it definitely needs a new one. What would you recommend for a aftermarket replacement?

It also only came with one bar end because of the driveway drop by the PO. I took off the other one for aesthetic reasons. I actually kind of like the way it looks without them, and was planning on getting new grips that will cover up the ends. Is there any reason why I need bar ends? My hands don't go numb without them.

EDIT: Also, the yellow is slowly growing on me. I do like this color scheme more than the typical white/blue that comes on these bikes.

4/20 NEVER FORGET fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 8, 2008

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

NinjaCthulhu posted:

Wiki says 225 deaths in 100 years.

It's worth noting that a lot of those deaths are biased towards the earlier years due to the lack of proper safety gear back in the day. I'm pretty sure 1 rider and 2 spectators died last year, but for the most part, it seems like it's every other year or so that someone dies, now that the bikes are better, the gear is better, and the speeds are higher.

4/20, I'd recommend down 1, up 2 if you're doing only pleasure riding on it. Stock gearing is good for freeway/daily driving it.

I'm partial to CRGs or Pazzos, and honestly, you can't tell the apart. Look up the appropriate part numbers and hunt on ebay. I picked up a 2 finger brake lever for 28$ shipped as a result of some careful shopping. Woodcraft case covers are a nice replacement for rashed cases too. :)

Z3n fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 9, 2008

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

The one flaw the bike has is it was dropped in a driveway so it has a tiny rash spot on the fairing and the engine case on the side you can't see in the pics. When that happened it bent the clutch lever, which I cleaned up as best as I could but it definitely needs a new one. What would you recommend for a aftermarket replacement?

Pazzo's are awesome, a mate has them on his Fireblade and they're the comfiest, most easily adjusted levers of all the bikes i've ridden

Jharkov
Feb 26, 2008

by Ozma
Me at Stockton beach

Tell ya what, sand is treacherous on such a big bike. Takes some practice, guy on the 400 was having it easy :-)

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
How tall are you that you can flat foot a 950 enduro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jharkov
Feb 26, 2008

by Ozma

Silver posted:

How tall are you that you can flat foot a 950 enduro?

im 6 ft. i got long legs though