Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phil_asdf
Oct 9, 2006

by Fistgrrl
some french guy says "Bon Anniversaire" after hurting a bunch of people at someone's birthday party. I think it was supposed to be funny. That's all I remember :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I'm having one of those things where I'm not sure whether this is a real movie or something I dreamed: It involved a man tied to a rope being thrown out of a high window and his friend grabbing the rope and getting a horrible rope burn in order to save him. I remember it being really graphic, with sizzling noises and blood everywhere and everything.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Adrianics posted:

I'm having one of those things where I'm not sure whether this is a real movie or something I dreamed: It involved a man tied to a rope being thrown out of a high window and his friend grabbing the rope and getting a horrible rope burn in order to save him. I remember it being really graphic, with sizzling noises and blood everywhere and everything.

There's a similar scene in The Rock, but I don't remember it being particularly graphic.

I7esperado
Feb 28, 2008

I've been trying to figure out what movie this is for years, probably 9-10 years. I'm sure its some crappy movie when I see it again, but here it goes.

What I remember is one guy made his car entirely remote controlled for some reason. Then another guy trys to steal the car and ends up getting stuck inside. The car owner tortures him with music and other things and eventually cuts off his finger when its stuck in the window with hedgeclippers or bolt cutters.

This drat movie has been bugging me, pretty sure the name was one word as well, like Hostage or Stuck, but neither of those are it on IMDB.

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

wetwerx posted:

2. Two guys (dressed in karate outfits or just white pants?) are fighting in something that looks like underground bunker or prison. The is a giant pit on the ground and the two guys are tied together at the wrist. Eventually one guy falls into the pit and the only option for the other guy is to grab a nearby hatchet and chop his own arm off. He then crawls over to a fire and sticks his arm in it to cauterize the stump.
This sounds like The Ultimate Warrior from 1975, starring Yul Brynner. It's not a horror, but a post-apocalyptic film, and the scene does takes place underground, in a subway station.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I saw a movie once that took place in Alaska or the Yukon or somewhere. It was about an old mightily bearded logger who was married to a loud mouthed Indian woman (also old). It took place (I think) around the turn of the century. The guy's name was "Lord" I think and he got in a chain fight during it. It probably came out during the late nineties, I dunno. You'd think with this info I'd be able to get it on google but I'm far too stupid apparently.

edit: Oh and the guy dies at the end.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 7, 2008

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Jack Does Jihad posted:

Does anyone have any clue what movie this is from?:

It's obviously old, but I have absolutely no idea what it might be from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2tP9s8y2Ic

Enjoy your nightmares.

wetwerx
Mar 22, 2003

Dame Cook posted:

This sounds like The Ultimate Warrior from 1975, starring Yul Brynner. It's not a horror, but a post-apocalyptic film, and the scene does takes place underground, in a subway station.

Holy poo poo. I think that might be it. Yul Brynner explain why a friend and me both thought it might have been Future World.

Thanks!

DarkCompanion
Oct 27, 2007

by T. Finn
I have a feeling that these have been brought up before, but I didn't see them when I skimmed the thread.

The first is a children's movie, made sometime in the 80s or 90s. It's about a group of friends. There is the tough one with problems at home, the nerd one etc. They discover some type of energy field or something. The nerd one can use his computer to manipulate it, and using it they can levitate objects. They build a space ship, and use the force field to go into space, and I think they find aliens but I'm not sure at all.

The second one I have a feeling is somewhat famous or well known. The premise of it is that there is a very small, poor country, and they start a war with America under the assumption that when they lose America will rebuild their country. However they somehow accidentally win. I don't remember much else about it though.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

DarkCompanion posted:

I have a feeling that these have been brought up before, but I didn't see them when I skimmed the thread.

The first is a children's movie, made sometime in the 80s or 90s. It's about a group of friends. There is the tough one with problems at home, the nerd one etc. They discover some type of energy field or something. The nerd one can use his computer to manipulate it, and using it they can levitate objects. They build a space ship, and use the force field to go into space, and I think they find aliens but I'm not sure at all.

The second one I have a feeling is somewhat famous or well known. The premise of it is that there is a very small, poor country, and they start a war with America under the assumption that when they lose America will rebuild their country. However they somehow accidentally win. I don't remember much else about it though.

The first one is Explorers (the "Identify A Movie For Me" mascot)

Dunno about #2

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DarkCompanion posted:

Number two sounds like "The Mouse that Roared", starring Peter Sellers and William Hartnell.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

FitFortDanga posted:

The first one is Explorers (the "Identify A Movie For Me" mascot)

Has anybody gone back through this thread and counted how many times that one has come up?

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Number two sounds like "The Mouse that Roared", starring Peter Sellers and William Hartnell.

Seconded.

Mura
Feb 3, 2008
There was a movie I saw on HBO around 5-6 years ago, I can't remember for the life of me what it was called, I only caught it in the middle, but here goes. It was about a Japanese gangster who was to be killed for something (I don't remember what for), so he comes to his kid brother in America, who is more or less a burnout and a small-time crook. Older bro finds out that his brother is having some problems with a drug dealer and fucks his poo poo up. From there, he gains a foothold in the crime world and becomes a badass motherfucker. I remember a scene where they were meeting with a crimeboss, and they had hidden some guns in a bathroom stall, while little brother goes to collect them, the boss and his right hand man talk in english (which the older brother has only a rudimentary at best understanding), basically, it ends with the brothers shooting the bosses and the gangster shouting "I don't know much english, but I know what 'loving jap' means!" in Japanese.

If anyone can tell me the film with those fuzzy details, I'll love them forever, I've been wanting to see it in it's entirety for years.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Mura posted:

If anyone can tell me the film with those fuzzy details, I'll love them forever, I've been wanting to see it in it's entirety for years.

Just based on the theme and concepts, check out Brother. Besides, it isn't half bad on its own.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0222851/

The Leon Hikari
Jan 6, 2007
Lollylops?
I've got two scenes stuck in my head from either one or two movies. The first scene involves a guy flying in to see his old trainer in a bar or something to that effect and it ends up turning into a shootout at the bar.

The second scene is this gay guy who makes music with his father does end up with his own personal jet.

I have no clue what movie this is, if anyone could tell me it would be nice.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Alright there's this movie set in some sort of dystopian future focusing around a walled city and the ruined outskirts. The main character is a really kick rear end super soldier/policeman that dual wield two auto pistols. He goes on to rebel against his leaders and the movie ends with samurai sword/gun fight. I've seen the animated GIF around here somewhere when he's reloading his pistols by having magazines shoot from his sleeves.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

ironsights42 posted:

Alright there's this movie set in some sort of dystopian future focusing around a walled city and the ruined outskirts. The main character is a really kick rear end super soldier/policeman that dual wield two auto pistols. He goes on to rebel against his leaders and the movie ends with samurai sword/gun fight. I've seen the animated GIF around here somewhere when he's reloading his pistols by having magazines shoot from his sleeves.

Equilibrium
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0238380/

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Ape Agitator posted:

Equilibrium
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0238380/
Thank you. Now I can finally get that out the back of my head.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

The Leon Hikari posted:

I've got two scenes stuck in my head from either one or two movies. The first scene involves a guy flying in to see his old trainer in a bar or something to that effect and it ends up turning into a shootout at the bar.

The second scene is this gay guy who makes music with his father does end up with his own personal jet.

I have no clue what movie this is, if anyone could tell me it would be nice.

The second one sounds like a scene towards the end of Reno 911: Miami.

Drunkboxer posted:

I saw a movie once that took place in Alaska or the Yukon or somewhere. It was about an old mightily bearded logger who was married to a loud mouthed Indian woman (also old). It took place (I think) around the turn of the century. The guy's name was "Lord" I think and he got in a chain fight during it. It probably came out during the late nineties, I dunno. You'd think with this info I'd be able to get it on google but I'm far too stupid apparently.

edit: Oh and the guy dies at the end.

This might be a stupid question, but do remember anyone at all that was in this? It sounds really familiar, but I can't quite place it.

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 8, 2008

certain tragedy
Apr 19, 2006

there are 50+ pages i hope this hasnt been asked about yet - -

The film was Italian
it came out between four - two years ago
and involved a town that kept a boy hidden below ground and no one talked about it
the boy was a secret that the town kept . . .

. . .

i think!

i saw the trailer years ago and remember wanting to see the film but didnt have access to a good video store or netflix.
please help -
its been driving me crazy for a while now

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

certain tragedy posted:

The film was Italian
it came out between four - two years ago
and involved a town that kept a boy hidden below ground and no one talked about it
the boy was a secret that the town kept . . .
I'm Not Scared.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Detective Thompson posted:

The second one sounds like a scene towards the end of Reno 911: Miami.

This might be a stupid question, but do remember anyone at all that was in this? It sounds really familiar, but I can't quite place it.

Oh, I finally figured it out. It's called Where The Rivers Flow North.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108557/

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.

Drunkboxer posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2tP9s8y2Ic

Enjoy your nightmares.

Hahah, awesome! Is this something you had to search for or just knew off the top of your head?

DarkCompanion
Oct 27, 2007

by T. Finn

Donny Brook posted:

Has anybody gone back through this thread and counted how many times that one has come up?

Going back through, 4 or 5 times. But yeah, that movie has long been the unicorn of my childhood cable movie days. I'm so glad I finally know what it is.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Jack Does Jihad posted:

Hahah, awesome! Is this something you had to search for or just knew off the top of your head?

Nah I knew it. I don't remember where I heard of it though.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

There should be a thread contest to guess the leading repeat customer movies in this thread, between Explorers, Robot Jox, Nothing But Trouble, etc.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Zwabu posted:

There should be a thread contest to guess the leading repeat customer movies in this thread, between Explorers, Robot Jox, Nothing But Trouble, etc.

Let's not forget The Gate.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.
Still gotta go with Frog Dreaming.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
and Screamers and Flight of The Navigator

There's a good half dozen that could have plot summaries placed in the OP next time around.

Omena
Aug 29, 2008

One day we will die
and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
Can anyone help me identify a movie? I've not actually seen it, though I've seen clips and screenshots from it in several places.

A character in the movie wears a business suit, has spiky gray hair and carries a briefcase and gun.

I think at one point, he shoots the ceiling of a restaurant or Mcdonalds?

Thanks in advance.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Omena posted:

A character in the movie wears a business suit, has spiky gray hair and carries a briefcase and gun.

I think at one point, he shoots the ceiling of a restaurant or Mcdonalds?
Michael Douglas in Falling Down?

vvvv Ace! vvvv

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 9, 2008

Omena
Aug 29, 2008

One day we will die
and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea

Rocambole posted:

Michael Douglas in Falling Down?

Thanks, that is it exactly, looks great.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
I think I saw this around 2000, but it was on tv, so it was probably made earlier than that. It was a thrillery, "cops-chasing-a-murderer"-type of movie (think Se7en) set in some major American city.
The only distinguishing feature I can remember is that the case had something to do with severed body parts, especially hands, and that someone was locked up (in custody?) and kept scratching words on the walls.

Does this sound familiar? I've been thinking about this ever since I saw it.

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.

Admiral Goodenough posted:

I think I saw this around 2000, but it was on tv, so it was probably made earlier than that. It was a thrillery, "cops-chasing-a-murderer"-type of movie (think Se7en) set in some major American city.
The only distinguishing feature I can remember is that the case had something to do with severed body parts, especially hands, and that someone was locked up (in custody?) and kept scratching words on the walls.

Does this sound familiar? I've been thinking about this ever since I saw it.

Only thing I could find on imdb with the keywords was The Bone Collector.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

JoeNotCharles posted:

Still gotta go with Frog Dreaming.

ditto. that's the movie that brought me to this thread and i didn't even have to ask the question to find out because it was asked about already about 3 times!

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Ok this has been bugging me for a while. When I was a kid I remember seeing a very odd movie. Time frame would be the late 80s, earlier 90s.

Things I remember. I am almost certain it was made with some sort of stop motion, clay animation. I think it was around Christmas time, so it was either Christmas themed or had a heavy christen theme. An extra note, I lived in Germany and off of the base. So it was either broad cast or gotten from the PX.

Small tid bits I remember. The kid had a sling shot of some sort I think. It did have something to do with Christ or the church. The part that I remember most is that the kid walks into either a bar, a brother or just some “place of sin” I am saying that last part because I think it was a Christen movie/show of some sort.

But the scene was rather depraved as it showed a guy chained between two post and being whipped by a female while begging for more. I also think it showed other such sins such as gluttony, stealing and heavy dry humping.

Please please prove to me this was a movie, and I am not just remembering some really hosed up dream.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Somewhat off-topic: is there a site where you can check what songs have been used in what movies? I just came across Disco 2000 by Pulp and I just know it's part of the soundtrack of a film Ive seen a lot of times, but I cant figure out which one.

Thanks!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Sai posted:

Somewhat off-topic: is there a site where you can check what songs have been used in what movies? I just came across Disco 2000 by Pulp and I just know it's part of the soundtrack of a film Ive seen a lot of times, but I cant figure out which one.

Thanks!

http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Soundtracks/

The movie listed with that song on the soundtrack is Alice et Martin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Jack Does Jihad posted:

Only thing I could find on imdb with the keywords was The Bone Collector.

No, I don't think that's it. Thanks for looking though.